Chapter 13

(Picture above from 'missbamboo')
~

"Betty I think you put enough powder on my nose." I tell her.

It was currently 5:44 P.M. and I was freaking out about the date.

I got into the shower later than I wanted to, and plus I have now clue what to wear, but, Betty came to my rescue and helped me do my makeup, but I still didn't have something to wear.

"Sorry, I'm just excited for you!" She exclaimed.

I roll my eyes playfully at her because of her behavior.

It sounds like she's going on the date not me, but she was just happy for me, knowing what happened between Danny and I.

"Of course she is, it's Betty she's happy for everyone." Barbra states and Betty and I laugh.

"Well, I think I'm done here!" Betty said as she finished up the last of my make up. I take a look at my reflection in the mirror and smiled happily at it.

"Thanks Betty, you are a lifesaver." I tell her as I turn around and give her a hug.

"You're welcome sweetheart, anytime."

We pull away from our embrace and she walks out of the room.

Once she leaves my room, I make my way over to my closet and looked for a dress to wear.

While rummaging though my closet of clothes, I didn't realize someone standing by the door frame.

"Looking for something to wear?"

I turn around to the door to see Evelyn standing there with a smile on her ruby red lips.

I place my hand over my heart and exhale lightly.

"Oh my gosh, Evelyn, you startled me." I say as she approaches me as a small laugh escapes my lips.

"It's okay, but I couldn't help, but over hear you having a date with Danny. Plus, Martha told me all about it and how you had this hazed look as if you were more focused on one thing." She tells me.

I chuckle.

"Well, news tends to travel fast."

She laughs and looks at the ground, then looks back up at me.

"Anyways, I came in here to give you this." She says, as she takes the piece of clothing off of her arm and shows me it.

(Picture above)

I recognized the dress the moment she showed me it.

It was her favorite dress.

I give her an incredulous look, then looked back at the dress that she presented me.

"Are you sure you want me to wear this?" I ask her with uncertainty lacing my voice.

I nods her head.

"Of course, besides, Danny is going to like it." She tells me.

"You know," she continues "I was thinking of wearing this on a date with Rafe, but of course, it didn't happen." She said as her voice held sadness, but she still with held a smile.

I give her a remorseful smile and gave her a hug.

"Thank you Evelyn, I'll definitely wear this."

She hugs me back and I can feel a smile reach her lips.

"You're welcome."

We pull away from the shorten embrace and she hands me the dress.

"Now you better get ready, he's going to be here any minute now." She says.