To Heal a Broken Heart (Seque...

By MintSpice_

Hana Uzumaki's life has taken a big turn in her years as a teenager. After all of the tragic events that happ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Note
Final Story Out

Chapter 24

838 34 10
By MintSpice_

A few weeks since my meeting with Jiraiya passed and I was currently on a mission. It wasn't anything big, I was just delivering a scroll that had some important information regarding the Chunin Exams.

Lord Hokage didn't want me going alone either, so he sent Kakashi and Guy with me.

You can probably guess how this mission was going so far.

"I bet I can get there faster than you can, Kakashi!" Guy exclaimed loudly.

I sighed. 

At least Kakashi won't give in to this.

Kakashi turned to Guy with an unreadable look in his eyes. "I don't believe it's in your best interest to challenge me, Guy,"

Oh no.

Guy immediately started sprinting ahead and Kakashi followed him. I stared at the scene, blinking a few times in disbelief.

"Come on, you guys!" I shouted after them, running to keep up. "In case you forgot, we're not supposed to separate!"

I rolled my eyes when they didn't hear me, so I had no choice but to keep up. In fact, I'm going to beat them both to prove a point.

I caught up with them and immediately sprinted head even further. I saw that we were almost to the Sand Village, so I continued running even though my legs were screaming at me to stop. I turned around, seeing they weren't in sight and smirked.

I saw the man who usually stands by the entrance and stopped running. I panted and noticed he was looking at me questionably.

"Nothing alarming is going on," I said. "I was just in a sprinting match with my two other teammates,"

He nodded and I could hear two footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a dust cloud coming my way rapidly. The dust cloud cleared up and they both looked out of breath. 

"Do you think she's here already?" Guy asked, panting heavily.

"No I don't-" Kakashi cut himself off when he saw me here already. Guy hung his mouth open in shock.

"What? How did you get here so quick?" Guy asked me.

"I guess that shows I'm better than the both of you," I smirked smugly at them. 

The man at the gate cleared his throat. "What's your business?"

I turned around to face him quickly. "Oh, we were just dropping this scroll off to the Kazekage. It's from Lord Hokage,"

He nodded and took the scroll. "I can't let you three in, since Lord Kazekage has strict rules now about outsiders entering the village, so I will bring this scroll to him,"

I thought that was kind of weird, but I brushed it off. I handed the scroll to him and he turned around to leave.

I looked at Guy and Kakashi with a competitive spark in my eyes "I bet you can't beat me back to the village,"

I immediately took off before they could react. I laughed when I saw they started coming after me. The big dust cloud they left covered them and when I turned back around, Kakashi was ahead of me. 

I could hear Guy shouting at us in the distance.

"Oh no you don't, Kakashi!" I shout.

I pushed myself to run faster than I already was and passed Kakashi, with my tongue sticking out at him in a childish manner.

After nearly twenty minutes straight of sprinting, I saw the gate to the Leaf Village. I immediately opened it and collapsed on the ground, face first to catch my breath. 

"Hana? Are you okay?" I heard someone ask.

I look up, seeing Naruto and Sakura.

I pushed myself off the ground and my panting grew slower.

"I'm good," I said. "I was just...racing Kakashi and Guy here,"

They both sweat dropped. 

"Racing Bushy Brow Sensei and Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto asked.

I nodded and laughed a bit. "Yeah, it's kind of hard to explain. It's just something that's been going on since we were kids,"

Sakura was about to say something, but I immediately got pushed to the ground and heard heavy breathing next to me.

I sat up, seeing Guy and Kakashi collapsed on the ground like I was.

"Do you think she made it yet?" Kakashi asked Guy.

"Yeah, I did," I answered. "And you guys knocked me over in the process,"

"Damnit! Now we have to do 300 pushups since she beat us again!" Guy exclaimed and sat up.

"You guys both bet against me?" I asked with a chuckle. "I didn't think you guys would team up just to beat me in a race,"

"Oh, I just remembered I have to go water my plants. I'll catch you guys later," Kakashi sat up and I grabbed his shirt.

"Don't be a sore loser Kakashi," I snickered. "Just admit defeat. After all, you and Guy bet against me and lost your bet,"

Sakura looked surprised. "You've been competing with them for that long?"

I nodded at her, still holding onto Kakashi to make sure he doesn't try to get out of the push ups.

"It all started when Guy declared loudly that I was his rival in academy," I answered. "Then it somehow turned into me competing with Kakashi too later on,"

"Did you win every time?" Naruto asked. 

I nodded.

Naruto laughed loudly. "Man! You two got beat by a girl for that long?"

Kakashi maintained his monotone voice. "Actually, I recall Hana losing one of our bets. She had to eighty squats and fifty sit ups,"

I glared at him. "Hey, for your information, you lost that one too. You just got out of it because you said that you had to help Asuma out and couldn't be late," 

"You technically still have to do those squats and sit ups, Kakashi!" Guy joined. "Because I remember Asuma was out on a mission that day!"

Naruto and Sakura both laughed at how we were putting Kakashi on the spot.

"Sucks to be you, Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto laughed.

"Don't you have training to do Naruto?" Kakashi cleared his throat. "Your fly is down, by the way,"

Naruto's cheeks heated up in embarrassment. "Oh, man!" 

He immediately ran off, since I assumed he didn't want to fix that in front of Sakura. She shook her head in response.

Sakura sweat dropped. "Well, I'm going to go. See you guys around."

She left and so did we, so we could go report back to Lord Hokage that the mission was a success.

Once we did, Kakashi tried to get out of the exercises again.

"Alright, well, I just remembered I need to catch the book store before it closes, so-"

"Nope," I shook my head and grabbed his sleeve. "You're not getting out of it. You're also doing those squats since you reminded me that you got out of that one!"

Kakashi groaned and I snickered at his reaction. I pulled Kakashi to the training ground with Guy behind us. I also stayed to make sure Kakashi took his punishment instead of getting out of it again.

"You don't have to make sure I do this, Hana," Kakashi said. 

"Yes I do," I said. "Plus, I enjoy seeing you suffer anyway,"

They immediately started their pushups and I took out my latest copy of the Makeout series to catch up on the chapters I didn't read. Kakashi and Guy finished their push ups and I made sure Kakashi did those squats and sit ups that I had to do on my own. 

He finally finished and I could tell it made him tired. 

I held my hand out to help him off the ground and he caught his breath. "Remind me to not make another attempt to get out of this again,"

"Oh, I will," I replied with a laugh.

Guy had to go since he had to go check in on his students and their training. Kakashi also had to go so he could go check on Sasuke in the hospital, so we parted ways. I immediately took a bubble bath to soothe my aching muscles after running a marathon all day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Longer chapter since I was gone for a whole month. It's a light-hearted chapter too rather than all the angsty ones. I'll try to get another chapter out tonight if I can and if not tonight, tomorrow when I'm off work. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 8.2K 30
Obito Uchiha Story ❤️ Mizuki isn't the type to get interested in anything. She's always worried about herself, and only her. But when she meets the...
27.9K 1.2K 55
What if this time the main person isn't sucked up into the Naruto world, but the character from Naruto itself is in our world. The real world... © 20...
47K 1.8K 45
Sometimes life can feel like an endless cycle of disappointments. Hinata at her lowest finds herself at a strange bar, where she meets a blond strang...
135K 5.4K 21
Shizuku is now in the Akatsuki, but as a spy for Orochimaru. She still thinks that Itachi is a messed up bastard who tried to kill his own sister (he...