His Light, Her Darkness

By FoggyCloudyWords

"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: The Men In Suits
Chapter 3: Chop Off His Head
Chapter 4: The Interview
Chapter 5: First Glance
Chapter 6: The Day Her Fate Was Sealed
Chapter 7: Dinner Disaster
Chapter 8: A Night To Forget
Chapter 9: In The Spotlight
Chapter 10: Bumping Into Him
Chapter 11: Becoming His
Chapter 12: Kidnapped
Chapter 13: A Brief Goodbye
Chapter 14: Shipment Awry
Chapter 15: Lamb In The Lions Den
Chapter 16: A Familiar Face
Chapter 17: The Cellar
Chapter 18: A New Friend?
Chapter 19: This Is How A War Begins
Chapter 20: Apology Denied
Chapter 21: Guilt Only Extends So Far
Chapter 22: Sickness
Chapter 23: Forgiveness Doesn't Come Easy
Chapter 24: A Normal Past
Chapter 25: Looking For The One Who Took Her
Chapter 26: Interrogation
Chapter 27: A Promise
Chapter 28: Under Surveillance
Chapter 29: The Babysitter
Chapter 30: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 31: The Storm
Chapter 32: The First Threat
Chapter 33: Apple Juice Is Better
Chapter 34: Arrival
Chapter 35: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 36: Settling In
Chapter 37: What Did The Orange Ever Do?
Chapter 38: BINGO!
Chapter 39: Breaking Point
Chapter 40: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 41: One Too Many Snacks
Chapter 42: Acceptance?
Chapter 43: The Ball
Chapter 44: The Daring Escape Pt. 1
Chapter 45: The Daring Escape Pt. 2
Chapter 46: The Daring Escape Pt. 3
Chapter 47: Reunion
Chapter 48: Safe
Chapter 49: The Rain Has Fallen
Chapter 50: Terrible Things
Chapter 51: Feels Like Home
Chapter 52: A Misunderstanding
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Time To Go Home
Chapter 55: Realisation
Chapter 56: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 57: When Lies Unravel
Chapter 58: Love
Chapter 59: Per Favore
Chapter 60: Hate
Chapter 61: An Empty Promise
Chapter 62: Before, When Things Weren't So Bad
Chapter 64: The Future Only Encompasses Death
Chapter 65: Shattered Soul
Chapter 66: A Relief So Great
Chapter 67: This Is The End
Chapter 68: Happiness
Chapter 69: I Need A Gun
Chapter 70: See You On The Other Side
Chapter 71: The Funeral
Chapter 72: Long Live The Marino Empire
Chapter 73: It's Over
Chapter 74: The End
Epilogue
SEQUEL (Discontinued)

Chapter 63: Not All's Forgotten

216K 7.1K 8.3K
By FoggyCloudyWords

"Are you ready?" I hear Matteo's gruff voice on the other side of the door.

Zipping up my suitcase, I mumble a quiet, "yep."

Hailey stands from my bed, gently placing Mirabella down. Taking a few steps towards me, she places her hands on my shoulders, and looks into my eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asks. "Matteo can go alone, he has the power-"

"I'm sure." I state firmly. There is no way I'm backing out now. Not once I've already made my choice. My friend's life is on the line because of me, and therefore it is my responsibility to get her home safely. No matter the consequences. No matter what may happen to me - As much as I dread to think about it.

"If you want to call me at all... Even just to ramble on about nonsense - Don't hesitate. I will be here, waiting eagerly for you and Matteo to return home, with both Dante and your friend." Hailey gives me a small, reassuring smile, though something tells me, that even she doesn't believe that we'll all make it back.

Some part of me doesn't believe it either.

I have almost no clue what I'm stepping into. I've never met my evil brother, and I have no idea what lengths he is willing to go to achieve what he wants. And I'm not even entirely sure of his wants at present. All I can hope for is that Matteo is more powerful than him.

Wow.

If I had been told this was where I would end up, after being kidnapped and tortured by an infamous mafia leader, I would've never believed it. If I hadn't been kidnapped, I wouldn't have even known that I have a brother.

I wonder how different my life would be. Good, different, or bad?

"I will." I say, touching Hailey's wrist. "But I'll be fine, we all will."

Her smile falters, and she finally lets go of my shoulders.

"Hurry up!" Matteo's voice interrupts us once again.

Hailey and I both laugh awkwardly, while I grab my suitcase and head towards the door. Opening it, I find Matteo dressed in sweatpants and a loose fitting white shirt. Definitely a change from his usual Armani suit.

"You finally ready?" He asks once again, and I nod my head.

Hailey comes up behind me, with Mirabella in her arms, slowly waking up from her short nap. "Alright, well I'll see you guys..." Her words fade when she realises she has no idea how long it'll be until we return. "I'll see you guys soon."

I step out of my room and head to the door, leaving Hailey and Matteo to say their goodbyes. I turn around to see them in a bone crushing hug, with Mirabella between them. Matteo whispers something into Haileys ear, and she smiles sadly. She looks almost like she's at the brink of tears, and then she whispers something back.

Finally they let go of each other, and Matteo gives Mirabella a kiss on her forehead, before heading over to me. "See you." I smile at Hailey, and she smiles back, wiping her eyes.

Grabbing my arm, Matteo pulls me towards the front door, and outside of the penthouse. Instantly we are bombarded with almost half a dozen security, who escort us downstairs to Matteo's car.

"Where's your bag?" I ask, noticing that Matteo has nothing but the clothes on his back.

"All my things are already there." He says, answering my question.

We enter the building's lobby after a long and uncomfortable elevator ride, and that's when I notice even more guards stationed around the place. "Sir, your vehicle is waiting." Alistair states.

"Thank you, Alistair. Your services are no longer needed." Matteo says.

"Yes sir." Alistair replies. "Thank you."

I give a smile to Alistair, who reciprocates it warily. And once again, we're off.

It feels so strange being around so many people. I've only had myself and Scott to keep ourselves company for around a month... And after Matteo found me, I only really had myself. But now people are everywhere, even if they are only Matteo's security guards.

It's almost overwhelming.

And now I'm getting on a plane to go to a whole other country...

I bite my lip as my eyes drift to the floor. As much as I want to see the beautiful outdoors, It's all a but too much.

Matteo seems to notice my growing distress and his hand lowers from my arm until we're holding each other's hands. He squeezes it gently and it brings me comfort that he knows I'm not completely alright.

Within seconds, we've stepped outside and the cool night air blows against my skin, kissing my face.

Before I can look at my surroundings, my suitcase is taken from me, and I'm ushered into a large black SUV. Matteo follows behind, and even as I take my seat, he doesn't let go of my hand.

"It's going to be alright." He says, though something tells me he's saying that to himself, more than me.

***

We arrive at the airport within half an hour, and are guided to the strip where Matteo's private jet resides.

I stare up in awe at the aircraft. It's huge and looks like it cost a couple million dollars.

"This is one of my less conspicuous one's." Matteo whispers down at me, as we head towards the stairs that lead up to it.

"What, you have more than one?" I question. But all he does is give me a knowing smile.

That's one of the more annoying traits of Matteo Giovanni, he never feels like he needs to explain himself.

"How long until we get there?" I ask.

"It's around nine hours, so I suggest getting some sleep." Matteo recommends.

I nod my head as I begin my ascent, into the plane.

That's when I realise it's the exact plane Matteo had taken me to Japan in. The plane that I had woken up in, after being drugged by him.

Suddenly I don't feel too good, and I find myself shuffling back towards the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Matteo asks, right behind me. I instinctively jump forwards to get away from him. Had I almost forgotten everything that he has done to me?

I look at Matteo, who's the exact person he's always been. Or is he? Has he changed? Can I believe that he's changed?

My eyes widen when I realise that I've been looking at him for a little too long. Taking a deep breath, I head cautiously further into the cabin, and take the seat furthest from where I had woken up.

Matteo moves to sit next to me, but I quickly intervene. "Is it alright if I can sit by myself?" I ask quietly, looking up at him.

He stares me in the eyes for a few seconds before nodding his head. I see the slight hurt in him, but he hides it away quickly. "Of course." Matteo gives me a tight lipped smile and moves to sit on the other side of the plane.

It's not long before the plane is off, and we are headed to Italy. Off to a funeral to meet Harry, who wants to kill me in return for my friend and Dante. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

I think I was more worried about my HSC exams than I am for my very life at this moment. (Authors note: Australians, iykyk)

Though slowly I can feel the fear settling in, taking residence inside my body and mind. I can't stop fidgeting and there is an ever present sheen of sweat on the back of my neck. I could be marching right to my death... I am marching to my death.

My thoughts wander around life and death until I'm lulled into a terrifying sleep.

***

"I can't tell her." A distant voice mumbles in the back of my mind.

I feel myself being pulled from the darkness and into the light, and it does not feel good. Can't I just sleep from a little longer?

"How am I supposed to do that?" The voice seems to be getting angry, and I don't like it.

"She'd never forgive me."

My eyes snap wide open and I blink away the sleep coating the outer layer of my eyes. I take in my familiar surroundings of the cabin, however it's much darker now, and most of the lights are off, besides the one above Matteo.

He's lazily sprawled out along the recline, with his leg draped over the other. In his hands is his phone, and that's when I finally realise he's the one who disturbed me from my sleep.

Wait... What does he mean 'she'd never forgive me'? Is he talking about me?

I try to listen into his conversation more, but Matteo seems to notice my awkward shuffling in my seat, and instantly says his goodbyes, hanging up. "How'd you sleep?" He asks casually.

"Good." I slur, still waking up. "How long was I out for?"

"Around five hours." He replies.

Five hours? I didn't know I was that tired. Normally I'd have to be hit on the head with a rock for me to be able to sleep that long on a plane, let alone fall asleep at all.

"You should get some sleep." I suggest, but Matteo's face instantly sours at the idea.

"No, I don't sleep on planes." He states.

"But won't it be morning by the time we get to Italy? Won't you be tired?" I ask.

"I'll be fine... You should get back to sleep."

I purse my lips and let my eyes wander outside of my window. I can see nothing but the plane's wings cutting through the thick grey clouds. Beyond that is an ocean of darkness. It looks peaceful and quiet.

***

The next time I wake up, I'm instantly sprinting to the bathroom to empty the contents of my stomach.

When the minimal amount of food I've eaten within the past twenty-four hours has come up and into the bowl, I start vomiting out the acid from my stomach, and feel the horrid sensation of it burning my throat as it rises.

After five minutes, just sitting and silently shedding tears, I hear a knock at the door. "Is everything alright?" Matteo asks, with concern lacing his voice.

I wipe away the vomit at the corners of my mouth and quickly wash my hands, flushing the toilet. "Yeah, I'm fine." I reply hoarsely.

I open the door, to find Matteo standing, looking strangely in my direction. "It didn't sound like you were fine."

I shake my head. "No, I think I just ate something strange."

"You haven't eaten anything for hours." He states, raising an eyebrow.

I shrug and push past him, but I'm quickly stopped, as Matteo latches onto my arm. My head snaps back to him, with a confused expression. "What?"

"Mia... You know you can tell me anything, right?" His eyes look as if they're pleading with me to divulge some big secret.

I open my mouth, like a fish out of water, almost about to spill my thoughts to him, until I realise just how idiotic that is. "I - Ummmm, okay." I mutter awkwardly, and gently pry Matteo's fingers from my wrist.

As I walk away, I can't seem to deter the thought that has been manifesting itself in the back of my mind for the past few weeks. The exhaustion and sickness is perpetual... And I'm not an idiot.

I think I'm just in denial.

Am I pregnant?

Fuck.

Do I even need to ask myself that question? I think It's pretty fucking obvious. Even Matteo seems to be catching on.

I chew on my lip.

I need to get a test, as soon as possible... If early, maybe there's still time to - To...

I can't let myself think about things like that. I'll find out when I find out... And If it happens that I am pregnant, I'll work it out from there.

I slouch down into my chair and take a deep breath, placing my hand on my lower abdomen. There could be a life growing inside of me...

Suddenly I feel like I'm going to puke all over again, and quickly make my way to the bathroom once more.

This time when I make my way outside of the bathroom, Matteo is staring at me from his seat. With his phone clenched in his hand, and his face placid, I can tell that he's about to burst. "Did you sleep with Scott?"

----------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys!!!!
I JUST REALISED I NEVER THANKED YOU GUYS FOR 3MIL, SO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Please follow my intagram page, it would be greatly appreciated!!!
My handle is- foggycloudywords
Love ya'll!!!
-FoggyCloudyWords

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 127 18
Minato neglected Naruto after Kushina died from childbirth which swept her away and put a lot of pressure on him. Kakashi started ignoring his little...
24.5K 901 31
She was careful He was careless she was uptight him, the opposite she was serious he was playful like fire and water lava and ice they were opposite...
101K 4.6K 143
Austin was a kid that loved to watch Anime, especially Pokemon. Annoyed at how the series was going after Sinnoh, he fell asleep before waking up, so...
49.3K 1.1K 23
Alissa was sent away after being framed by her mother and twin sister. But when she gets arrested for the 4th time that week her family is called. Sh...