RETURN OF THE WIND : Jacob...

By Ali24097

PART 3 OF, 'AGAINST THE WIND' FOLLOWED BY, 'ECHOES OF THE WIND.' Will Jacob get back his love ? Or is a love... More

CAST : RETURN OF THE WIND
PROLOGUE { Renesmee}
34.ABANDON
35. MY NIGHTLIGHT
36.OFF THE TRAILS~ (Part 1)
36.OFF THE TRAILS~ (Part 2)
36.OFF THE TRAILS~ (Part 3)
37.SUBURBAN LIFE
38. WEDDING BELLS {Renesmee}
38.WEDDING BELLS {Jacob}
39. AND SO THE SEMESTER BEGINS. . .
39. COFFEE, COLLEGE & 'FRIENDS'
40. BENT IN THE UNDERGROWTH🌲
41. KINDLE OF SENTIMENTS
42. MOONS AGO
43. A RED LETTER DAY
44. FIRE AND ICE
45. COLD~ HEARTED
46. TORMENT
47. THORN'S IN MY FLESH🖤🤍
48. BETWEEN THE DEVIL & THE DEEP BLUE SEA 🌊
49. SILENT MOON 🌙
50. DEVOURED BY A RANDOM PATH TO. . .HELL
52. THE AWAKENING 🔥
53. A SHOT IN THE DARK ☠️
54. ACE OF SPACE ♠️💯
55. FACE-OFF
56. THE ESSENCE OF HIM 💕
57. HEREAFTER
58. NIOBE'S FATE
59. CHANCE OR DESTINY ?
60. ALL HANDS ON DESK
61. COULD ROSES BLOOM AGAIN?
62. FADING AWAYS
EPILOGUE: WHISPER OF LOVE♥️
PREVIEW : WIND OF CHANGE

51. A TRACE

124 9 5
By Ali24097

TITLE MEANING:
A HINT OR INDICATION

Jacob

She step forward grasping my hand weakly, "I'll explain everything thing to you. . . but I beg you Jacob. Please just give me a chance."

Why I didn't I chose to give her a last chance? Huh?

I sat on the damp ground with dews, staring at the breaking dawn with my long arms hung my knees, imagining what would it be like down there in the water screaming for help but getting no ears that might help? 

"Aston Martin Vanquish V12. Sporty utility vehicle could be a case of sports and death." A cop noted down in the walkman, held near to his mouth.

What? My head strained onto the buzzing police speaking onto the walkman. My jaws clenched, with anger building inside it. How can they even think that? Huh?  I stuck my eyes on the water currents twirling with the huge hunger belly, like I was at the drowning in the bottom of the water pit, and the pressure of the currents crushed on me inexorable. 

Dead silence strained against eardrum!

A tear dwelled up on my eyes imagining what if she was down there? 

"The depth is too enormous to be ledge." Embry tap his foot against the slippery oiled rocks impatiently.

 I didn't wanted to hear any word out of anyone's mouth! I wanted to block out everything around me; the slightest of the sound felt like is driving me insane? I felt totally defeated with overtaking anxiety.

Hundreds of uniform mens, with Emmette and Rosalie walked back to the police vehicle and caravans, exhausted and defeated, with the bag of tools tied on their backs. What? Why are they going away?  My heart knelled trying to soothe the aching flinch of my heart p. 

I looked over to Sam and Embry ( they both were here since an hour, after Seth left off) waiting for an explanation about where were they all going?

"We need to stay put." Charlie spoke into the walkman and put it down back to the belt, as he walked briskly and strongly against the rocks.

How no-why. What if? No. Are they giving up? A shiver roll down my backbone, I couldn't complete any of my thoughts apparently. My whole head was entirely filled with only one thing. . . .that anyhow have to save her.  I stood upright my feets walking fastly to him. 

"J-Jacob! Wait!" Embry call at the back of me, but by that moment I already found myself in front of Charlie, with frowned eyes onto him.

"Charlie, why the team is leaving. . .just yet? They can't. . I mean they ought not to be doing that, until they find her, right? " I shook my head my head vigourously trying to make sense of the disjointed thoughts. 

"We are working, okay? The team is already out there. . . I mean . . .  it's continuously working for four hours now  in the chilled water 💦. Huh? We'd be alerted when we get any potential sign of Renesmee, but we need break." He nodded.

Can he even listen himself talking so monstrously now? How can he say that, when he knows that his own granddaughter might be there fighting off her  last breathes? My jaws clenches; together,

"No sign yet-" The man buzzed from Charlie's Walkman, hung on his belt.

"Okay! Pack up." Charlie say on the walkman and sighed softly looking up at me. Was he expecting me to leave? Even if he was, he was wrong? I clenched my fists tight, low caprackling of bones rang in my ears.

"Charlie the team is not going away,uh, until they find her." The words lunge out right with an angry snarl at him.

"Jacob?!" Carlisle gave me a warned look 🚧🚨⚠. My fists clenching and loosening with the shaking anger in me; and I knew this was a very wrong time I was losing my control in.

"Jake-"Bella took a step forward.

"Jacob, you are putting yourself on a risk, you're going to have to weigh." Clink. ClinkCharlie hands move to a the iron handcuffs in his pocket tapping it gently to make the clink, I heard. 

Ahem! Ahem! He cleared his throat, giving me a tap on my heavy shoulders- a reassuring one - and another loud sigh lunging out his mouth. "We'll find her." He said as he took the high road past me.

I stood there left without a hope, feeling like I don't know what's going on around me anymore? I was confused about my own feelings, and I can't exactly explain how I felt; those aching and flinching of my heart felt too worsen to handle. 

No. Uh! She can't do this. She wouldn't do this.

The sirens of the police jeep started wailing, with roaring engine ready to U-turn & leave. I wished if I could have that choice ever? If ever I can move on from her? Huh?

I felt an ache of hopelessness crawling over me; the pain & hurts was slapping me hard. . .punishing me. . more than I could survive; it felt as if I was dying? But I didn't? It gave me the slow poision of suffering, that was even more hurtful.

"We stepped down the water currents, with Charlie's team, but her trail is nowhere in the water; It just wore off from here? " Emmette took a step forward, his hands slid into his jeans pocket nervously.

Silence! I could hear it screaming in my ears.

A thud of the car's door interrupted my thoughts; Chris fall off from his car, tumbling nervously on the slippery rocks holding out the pile of pages in his hand

"I talked to the FBI team, uh, quarter to seven was when she was last seen on the camera just before this road."  He held out the apparent screencaps of her in the car and the lapses of time wrote down on it.

"The footage of the camera's ahead, on the highway didn't film her on the road, so there aren't any indication she got away from. . .here." His lips curled in tension.

I drew in a breath of the late-night air, my lungs detecting the first warmth of the air with the rising sun in the sky.

"Something is wrong; very wrong? The camera didn't film her driving off away from the quarry. . .the edges off the quarry have her scent, yet her scent is nowhere in the splashing currents of Bogacheil water. What does all that suppose to mean? THEN WHERE DOES SHE GO?" Jasper exploded with anger, kicking a boulder near his feets;a deep dangerous groan lept out his mouth.

"Jazz.Jazz" Alice soothed him.

Crack.Crack.drifftttttt.Crack.Dip-pp.

The sound of the boulder rolling down the steeply rock hit against my eardrums, the crack of boulders. . .turning to stones. . .to grits. . .too dust and then devoured by the splashing heavy currents of water in the huge pit.

My eye sight bluttered out with a surge of power run the blood in my system on a tempo up. IT FELT STRANGE!

"What are we going to do? We aren't supposed to trust this, uh-oh nonsense right, are we?" Chris shouted; but his words sounded -- too weak --  to be called yelling.

"We must think it with a relaxed head, shouldn't we? Let's head home, kids?" Esme say, tucking lightly on Carlisle shirt.

"Esme's right-uh-oh! " Carlisle broke off.

Uh! AND MAYBE ME TOO.

My eye sight hazed and the energy clung to my nerves strongly. Edward glanced down at me. Oh no! I felt the vibes on my nerves familiar now, the goosebumps on my arms rise in attention. Renesmee?!

My eyes twinkles with the flash of the whitest light I hadn't ever seen. The light seared into my eyes like a hot camera flash, taking me to a film city of Greek ancient palace.

I still felt the rocks steepy to the quarry under my heavy weight; I could still hear the ocean waves crashing loudly; I  still smelt the saltiness of the ocean air. But I could see nothing at all that I should be?

I knew what was happening?

My head was consumed with hundreds If things flooding at the same time. If my heat beat any harder. . .any louder, I felt like I might have puked with the weakness gurgling in my stomach.

I saw the windows around her sculptured with ancient Greek Gods and Goddess, ancient royal flags with carved writings of duties and loyalty.

That time was the past; it felt like a sculpture of centuries ago.

But now I saw my own eyesight roaming around it. WAS THAT HER? The ancient people carved into the walls with wings and horns.

It wasn't just a Greek ancient palace, but it was much more to it. I saw a rows of the tombstones digged around. . in almost every direction & everywhere; like a sea of the dead. The caskets and marble gravestones looked centuries old; but still it stood there with its youthful glow, strong, ready to last a hundred years or more. . .

The stones were decorated with flower petals, silk cloths, even the whole caskets were molded together with gold, around the body of the beloved. But if it was her, what was she doing among the grave stones? Was she. . .? A dreadful thought hit my mind. No. No.

I try to distract myself off, keeping my eyes on the tribute board and honours of the a gold edged tombstone with a royal blanket - or maybe a flag - kept over it.

Le mal do vivre, Qu'll faut bien vivre. Vaille que vivre.

Original burial place of 
DEAN IVASHKOV

From
OCTOBER 07, 1289
Until
SEPTEMBER 21, 1753

To our beloved DEAN, whose love and graciousness and kindness touched us all, who will always be with us in the beauties of this earth until we meet again.

What? My eyes stuck onto the date it showed me. The stone was of millenium old and ago. My body reacts
stiffened, trying to make sense of what I just saw.

I shook my head, the images vigorosly shooted into my head. The strain I put onto my eyes to catch hold of everything, made my head throb hard.

Here lies the body of a woman known only to God, and blessed by him.

Lives her life with solemnly resolution, and bravery in her nerves.

MARCELLA IVASHKOV.

My eyes burnt like hell-fire had been lit onto it; it hurt like the I'd lay crippled on the ground next moment these images are out of my head. AND IT DID! Those images fluttered a bit, and then left off leaving our head in the dark. .  

NO! NO JUST YET. WHERE IS SHE?

No. No. Her eyesights connect for the briefest of second and broke off again.

My breath rises before me in my long slow exhales. I saw, no more than a blur night around me. I clamp both hands to my eyeballs and with frantic rubs; I attempted to have my eyesight back.

I found myself back at the edge of the currents. Not having a clue of what was it? What exactly I saw? Or where was she? I had no idea what to do.

But still even after everything, I finally have a trace, so that I can get her back.

Several loud howls crack in distance away from us, like they had saw the same thing what I had.

"What was wrong with,uh everyone?" Chris frowned slightly in perplexity- mote of a agitation with our behaviour.

"It was Renesmee." Alice shshsh-ed  (whispered) slow.

"What?" Chris gave a slight shake at his head.

"Uh! She's trying to reach us; You know, right?" Edward spoke. "She have her ability to share her silent thoughts. . .but, whenever she's pushed off limits - like any strong emotion had hit her - she could contact anyone she wants to & exactly like her powers, she can show us whatever she's seeing and in return she could watch us together; like a catch and throw." Edward took a step forward, his fingers slid into his pocket; and the sharp canines bit at his lower lip.

"Yeah, I know. But, oh my, where's she??" Chris breathed, looking down breifly at the rocks shaking his head nervously.

"Didn't you see that for yourself, huh?" My jaws clenched up tight; still trying to get hold of myself.

"NO. I COULDN'T! I've this, uh damn mental sheild; restraining me to watch her thoughts. Do you understand? " He took a step forward. . .eyes. . .teeth clenched together; he almost sterned those words loudly back at me.

With the adrenaline that had been firing instructions to shut my mind off totally, stop thinking and sit doing nothing. But my head wasn't ready to give up already. But if she could watch him, then why can't him? I thought.

"When she trys to connect to us; she could watch what's around us. . .physically, that's not something  making her penetrate into our mind, but ,uh ,when she attempts to devour our heda with her vision. . mentally; Chris sheild could be something harder to cut through." Edward answered me, thankfully I didn't had to say the question aloud.

"But doesn't Bella have the mental shield . . too? " I shook my head, my focus was so much consumed that felt like I might snap any second from now.

"When Renesmee was born; she flipped up both of our genes - Bella's & Edward's - that makes her able to cut through Bella's sheild. . but Chris sheild must be, uh, different-" He added further.

I nod slowly; like the valve of tension had been released and my tensed muscles relaxes gently, slowly coping with whatever my head drank in.

"What did she show? W-where is she?" The urgency drips off Chris tongue nervous, twisting and slipping. I blink ✨ slow and long with shock to see him . . .this way. Huh?

"We don't know. . . IT WAS LIKE A GREEK FAMILY CREPT OF THE IVASHKOV'S FAMILY - " Bella shook her head in confusion;

"I know where to find about it? Edward will you mind joining me?" Carlisle right leg shift ahead, and his lips curled shaping the words out in a low tone; and then with a nod of Edward, both of them left.

Another lunge of howls hit the forest 🌲.I felt totally exhausted, from the tip to toe everything starting to feel numb 😒. I took in a large amount of air expecting to syphon some energy out of it and turn to Sam and Embry.

Everyone's car at a distance ignites the engine powerfully; with there radiant headlight switched on flashing ahead on the dimly lit road and started to drive past us. The lights hurt my eyes as I narrowed it down in defence.

"I'll let you know, if I want help." I say yawning slightly my words sounded to exhausted even to myself. Tired & weary. My lips pursed together - apologetic, I guess to keep Sam here.

"Uh! Sam you should go back to Emily."

"You think you'll be fine here-" Embry's eyebrows pulled together, with the brotherly soft gaze looking back at me; finally after Lord knows how much months of months after.

A soft laughed lept out my throat. "Yeah!"

They took off the forest; within a second there were huge wolves looking straight into my eyes, and then turning back taking off there flight to the depth of the wood. Atleast the depth of the forest now - felt a lot less dreadful than the night before.

AND FINALLY WITH HOPE TOGETHER. .

I sat over the rocks near the edge of the water, the currents crashing - minutes before that sounded like a monstrous cold splash - now felt like a lullaby against my ears drums.

Somewhere in the world she's there. . . breathing.

I'm coming for you, Renesmee Carlie Cullen. I smiled.

Atleast we are under the same sky.

The cold air didn't snap at my face anymore, it did felt soothing changing my mood taking away off the tense muscle to soothe down.

I looked at the breaking dawn and the rising sun that shines with. . .hope. . now, drifting me away to a sleep.

....................

I felt the hard rocks underneath my body, and flinched slightly as I felt something hurt me off my stomach.

Oh no! Oh no! Hev I drowned in the water?  My thoughts picked up a greater pace, dancing over my head. I found myself lying vulnerable on the steepy edge of the rock; with my head throbbing, and sensing how exhausted my body felt?

But still I had no second to waste in my hand. What if they would already have gone to find her? What if. . .?

My legs work up more efficient than before; it felt stronger now. I jumped to my feets, worning off of every bit of exhaustion clinging to my muscles. What if they left me here? 

Pounding heart. Eyes bewildered. With mouth hung open. I stood at the edge rock of the Bogacheil depth; the sun looked deep blood red, extending it's light over the canopies of forest . . .

I shook my head deataching myself from my heavy head and walking to the forest with strong legs; taking off the pants, I lunge out myself into a werewolves and took to my paws after the Cullen's house like a bullet shot straight right at it.

My paws picked up the race so. . so fast that I felt the sparks of heat burning underneath it, making the dewed grass wither and burn to nothing. Hard rocks crack under my run, throat rasping with thrist and stomach gurgling with hunger;

Huh? What happens after we get her back?

Nothing came in my mind; or maybe I didn't wanted to think about one. NOT NOW!

I took the turn to Cullen's house, my paws burnt like a flaming fire, and the heat made it difficult to have a smooth break. Anyhow I manage to stop my legs, putting up the pants again.

I walked - almost jogged up to the house- my head felt would explode any second if I didn't get to know what's happening around here?

Everyone sat in the white hall; I step the shiny beam. Huh? My stomach gurgled with hunger.

"What happened? I,uh,-" I fidgeted slightly at my head."Did you find something?"

Carlisle head turns straight at me."We've to take off to Dallas, according to the. .myths and books. . Dallas had been 'Ivashkov's thousand years of old ruling land'. "

My eyes narrows down at him. "Then what's the delay?" I asked impatiently, tapping my foot to the floor to help myself keep together.

Chris sank back at the couch."We were thinking about what if not-"

Huh? I tile my head at him, clenching my fists. "Let's work some sweat, and look at the brighter side for . . .now."

"The pilot is ready, whenever we are!" Edward took a step forward with his lips curled politely and a shining fang resting on it.That felt dangerous slightly. 

"Then let us go-" Carlisle gave a nod of a head.

Us? Who among us? My eyes roamed staring at them.

💯💯💯

Sorry guys! It's been quite long that took me to publish this chapter;

I got quite busy with the preparations of viva & assignment of next week (wish me a luck🤞).

And comment down what do you think might happen next; now that the Cullen's are going to Dallas, to find her? Nobody knows what's waiting for them there?

Nor do Jacob & Chris, knows what happens after they finally find her?

Keep reading and supporting; to know more. The suspense will be continued soo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 591 31
*******COMPLETE******* "Wow, you really are a little monster, aren't you?" His deep voice tilted the words into a thick Southern accent. A famili...
12.8K 335 27
Something has awakened in the quileute reservation,and is coming for Renesmee? An ancient quileute enemy.Can Jacob and the others save her? Or will s...
123K 5.9K 31
"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞...
253 9 17
After the tragic death of Bella, Edward fell back into his depression, his self-hatred, he lost the one he truly loved. Renesmee never felt truly hap...