FireSweet

By AndreanaRiot

"My name changed before my eyes, the paper before me read "Welcome Gittoran Scarlet", I felt a searing pain i... More

Effugere
People like Pipit
Blood Thicker than Water, NOT
Storm Struck
Marked for Deception
Dreaded Standard
All Natural
New Kid
Focus Frenzy
Raid and Revenge
Gold's Lust
Call me a Liar
Conclave
Names and Chocolate
Not a Common Vagabond
Think Again
Night's Compass
Moments of Morality
A Living Legend
Flint and a few sparks
A new ring of power
FIRESWEET!!!!!
A Sign
Never trust a pirate
Sing to me softly
A personal rain cloud
Heat of the sun
Better a cannonball than a rose
Pink Ninja Band
Flat of the Blade
Sweet Irony
More than Surprises
Maji's Story
Red Tips and Yellow Irises
Two Steps Forward
My Ship
Inferno
Plots and Preparation
A Dagger's Destiny
The Truth about the Prophesy
No Mistake

One Chance

405 19 4
By AndreanaRiot

          His hand still held mine, our bare feet leaving prints in the sand as we wandered along the beach.  He kept his eyes on the ocean, sighing occasionally. 

            “What would you do?” he whispered.  “To sail the worlds forever.”

            He glanced at me briefly, smiling softly. 

            “Forever is a long time,” I breathed.  “Even for a pirate.  Besides, reaching port is half the fun.”

            He chuckled, shaking his head and closing his eyes.  “Then you don’t understand yet Gittoran.  I’d do anything to feel the spray of the seas from the bowsprit.  Grounded like this, stuck in one place while worlds are left unexplored, I feel like I’m half the man I could have been.”

            “It’s a bit difficult to top being the King of Pirates,” I said.

            “A useless title,” he hissed.  “I can do nothing with it, not when I’m only with pirates.”

            “And how is being Queen of Thieves useful to me?” I asked.

            “That’s different,” he said, laughing slightly.  “You being queen… that’s amazing, something so rare that even Jumé-falio hadn’t heard of it before.  It suits you, shows your strength to the world, and makes them give you the respect you deserve.”

            “You deserve your respect too,” I countered.

            “But I already have that,” he said smugly.  “I’ve had that since… the second week I was in the game I think.”

            “What, is it circled on your calendar or something?” I teased.

            “You never forget the day you earn this world’s respect,” he said solemnly.  “You know the day you earned yours.”

            “When I accidentally blasted Tempest Storm’s camp,” I breathed.

            “The day they started to call you ‘Flame’.”

            “What was yours?” I asked.

             “The first time a captain tried to push me around,” he said.  “I killed him.”

             “Just for pushing you around?”

            “I knew it was a rough world Gittoran.  This world… it was nothing like this when I first arrived.  Nowhere was safe, no one was trusted, it was a waking nightmare.  I knew that if I let one man get the better of me than others would try their luck with me as well.”

            “What happened to change that?” I whispered.

         “I happened,” he breathed.  “When I became captain I gathered pirates with exceptional skill, offering them a place in my crew at the point of my sword.  Eventually we were strong enough to take on any group that attacked us.  We set up a more permanent camp, and decimated the crews that weren’t fast enough to set up their own strongholds.  We’ve held power like that, by being the strongest, even though I haven’t added any new crew members to the original group… until you.”

           “Is that why you’re so obsessed with my loyalty?” I asked.

            “I’m not obsessed,” he muttered.

            “It’s all you talk about,” I laughed.  “You’re scared I will kill you in your sleep.”

            “That’s not what I’m scared of!” he protested.

            “What could the King of Pirates fear, if not mutiny?” I asked softly, not expecting him to answer.

            Mají stopped walking, tugging on my hand hard enough to make me turn and stumble into his chest.  His black eyes searched mine, his free hand brushing my hair out of my face.

            “What all captains fear,” he murmured.

            He traced his thumb along my lower lip, causing my breath to catch in my chest.  I could hear my heart pounding against my ribcage, drowning out the sound of the ocean beside us.  Mají smiled softly, moving his hand to lift my chin slightly.  He brought his face closer, brushing his nose against mine.  My eyes closed of their own accord, just before he kissed me.  I had expected his lips to be light, as careful as his touch had been; but this was more solid, confident. 

            He drew his head back reluctantly, smiling as he circled his arms around me, holding me against him. 

            “I’ve wanted to do that for a long time,” he admitted.

            “How long?” I asked, reaching up slowly and running my fingers through his hair.

            He thought about his answer for a moment, closing his eyes as he let me continue to play with his hair.

            “The night I told you I would take over your training,” he finally said.  “I had tried to keep my distance until then, making excuses for what I felt.  I told myself I was only enjoying the gold, or the new level of excitement you brought to the game.  But when I realized Obsidarian was pushing you too hard… I snapped.  I knew I couldn’t trust anyone with you but myself.  And then Captain Storm took you, and I knew… I suspected the whole time.  I wanted to go after you right away, but I knew the act would be… noble.  We’re pirates Gittoran, we aren’t noble people.  I wouldn’t have gone after any other member of my crew if they were in your place.  I would have left them to rot and said that if they were truly deserving of their place that they would save themselves.  But you … I couldn’t leave you.  I tried, but I couldn’t take it.”

            I couldn’t help the smile that crept onto my face.  I rose up onto my toes, kissing Mají’s cheek before hugging him. 

            “I thought you were out of my league,” I whispered.

            “WHAT!?” he yelled, moving me out to arm’s length, keeping his hands on my shoulders.

            “Are you insane?” he asked.  “Do you not see yourself at all?  You’re perfect!  You’ve had pirates falling over you for weeks.  Why do you think I wouldn’t let your apprentice boy anywhere near you?”

            I clapped my hand over my mouth, failing in my attempt to contain my laughter.  “You were jealous… of Flint?” I giggled.

            “What?” he protested.  “No!  Or well… not really, I mean… why should he be allowed to do that anyway?  If I couldn’t then there was no way I’d let him… stupid tag-a-long.”

            My heart sunk in my chest, I backed away a few steps, breaking the contact between us.

            “You’ve forgotten,” I breathed.  “I knew it was too good to be true.  You’ve forgotten that I’m one too.  I’m a stupid tag-a-long.”

            “No no no no no no,” he rushed.  “It’s different.  I don’t care that you’re a tag-a-long.  I’ve never cared, if I did I wouldn’t have let you on the crew, I think it’s made you stronger.”

            I narrowed my eyes at him, not sure whether or not I could believe him.  I wanted to of course, and he did let me on the crew… but it seemed too simple, too convenient.

            “You’re lying,” I said slowly.  “This is a trick.  Never trust a pirate… you’re the King of Pirates.”

            “And you’re the Queen of Thieves,” he countered.  “Gittoran believe me, I’m telling the truth… you can trust me.  I have nothing to gain by lying, we will be perfect together.  Give it a chance.”

            “One chance,” I relented.

            He smirked and stepped toward me, taking two steps and stopping to open his arms to me.  I rolled my eyes, meeting his embrace halfway.

            “Only in this world would I have to convince someone of my intentions after I’d already kissed them.”

            I smiled slightly, “sorry,” I whispered.

            “Oh don’t apologize,” he said.  “You had a good point, and I respect you for the suspicion.  But now… we have a decision to make.”

            “A decision?” I echoed.

            “We can either return to the ship, continuing with ordinary life, me training you and you training the tag-a-long..”

            “Or?” I prompted.

            “We can return to the ship, grab a few things, and give Captain Storm a surprise I’ve been saving for a special occasion.”

            “What surprise?” I laughed.

            He grinned, grabbing my hand and leading me back to the ship.  “Not everyone knows this… but we own a cannon.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 231 23
After seven long years, the Tenroe Team have finally returned. Even after everything, they welcome (Y/N) back with open arms. As the final battle nea...
50 10 7
A woman who has lost everything finds herself fighting to survive alone aboard a ship of pirates. She must learn to navigate this new world while hid...
50 25 12
Y/N a girl from Beauxbatons, shifted to Hogwarts due to some personal reasons. Being a Slytherin and an A+ student it was not hard for her to adapt t...
66.3K 2.8K 41
She hated pirates and her Father, that's why she was a marine. She was well known for her 100% execution rate in exterminating pirates. Now, a very d...