The Guy Next Door

By tshanks

CAUTION MATURE CONTENT: 18 years or older advised Travis kissed his way down her stomach and pulled both or h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 30
CONTEST
chapter 31
RECOGNITION
chapter 32 (epilogue)
Thank you all
Next book

chapter 29

224K 5.4K 925
By tshanks

"I think we should start house hunting sweet pea." Travis stated as they snuggled in bed together.

"Why can't we just go back to the apartment?"

"Well for starters we need to start fresh. There are just to many bad memories there."

"Okay I can understand that I guess but it was mine. The only thing I had left." She said sadly as she ran her fingers through the small patch of hair on his chest.

"You don't need that place to remember baby Jacob sweet pea." He said as he brought her chin up to look at her face. "He will always be with you baby. Plus you have this." He said as he reached over to the nightstand and picked up the blue bear and placed it on his chest where her fingers were teasing him still.

Her fingers moved to the bear as she ran her hand over the fluffy blue body. She smiled at the face that looked at her without judgment as a small tear came to her eye. She blinked it away and snuggled into Travis getting as close as she could to him and hugged them both as she closed her eyes.

"You are so good to me Trav." She paused and drew in a shaky breath. "I need you to be sure you want to be with me and only me if we are going to find a house together. That is a big commitment to make and money I don't have if something were to go wrong between us. I can just move back to my apartment until we are absolutely sure this is what we want."

She squealed as she was flipped over and pinned beneath his massive body. His breathing was harsh and he had a strange look in his eyes.

"Vanessa I want you to stop this right now. You are the only one I want from now till the day I die. You are the reason I wake up in the mornings. If you were to leave me I would be a shell and walk through this life with no purpose anymore. No one is ever going to hurt you again. Not while I'm around. Besides like I started to say earlier you no longer have an apartment and before you mention mine we don't have it either.  That is why I want to start looking for a house with you. Your opinion matters more then mine and I think it's time to start the next chapter." He said calmly as he looked down at her face and used his thumb to wipe off the tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh Trav..." She paused as her stomach flipped and she slapped a hand over her mouth. "Hold that thought and move." She said quickly as she pushed him off of her. Well tried to but thankfully he moved and she flew out of the room and into the bathroom.

She had just heaved some of the contents in her stomach when she felt a pair of hands pull the hair back from her face as he sat down beside her. He didn't say anything as he rubbed her back gently until she was fully done. He stood up and bent to pick her up as well. He walked to the shower and turned on the the water and adjusted it for her.

"Take a shower baby it will make you feel better. " He helped her out of her clothes and into the shower.

She turned to him as he turned to go. "Aren't you going to join me?"

He turned to her and quietly shook his head. "Not this time sweet pea. I have some things to take care of but you take all the time you need. I love you." He said and turned to leave before he changed his mind.

He quickly went back to their room and threw on a tight light blue tee to go with the low slung sweats he had slid on before running after her. He grabbed some comfortable clothes for her and placed them in the bathroom before going to the kitchen to start some coffee.

On his way he stopped at Trent's door and softly knocked. "Yeah?" Came a sleepy male voice.

"You decent?"

"Yeah." Trent said as he flipped the covers over them more. "Come in."

Travis opened the door and stuck his head in. "We all need to talk now while Vanessa is in the shower. I know it's early but she's not doing to good." With that said he pulled his head back and shut the door before continuing to the kitchen.

Before he got the water into the coffee maker they were stumbling into the kitchen wide eyed and faces full of concern.

"What's going on Trav?" Shy asked trying to smother her yawn. "The sun isn't even up fully yet." She pulled out a chair and flopped down in it.

"I'm worried about Ness.  She is still having these sick spells and it's been several weeks since he's been gone. Shouldn't she be getting better by now? I mean her nerves are settled and she isn't having any bad dreams any more. So why is she still doing this?" He said as he flopped down at the table and dropped his head in his hands. He buried his hands in his hair and pulled it gently as he sighed. "Shy you are a nurse.  Do you have any ideas?" His glance pleading.

"I have one thought but I don't think it's possible. She was told she could possibly no longer have babies but everything points to a pregnancy." She held up her fingers and ticked off the symptoms.  "The nausea.  The emotional outbursts.  The fatigue and the cravings are just some of the symptoms. I thought of it earlier but I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to upset her with my theory."

Travis stared blankly at her.  "Do you really think that's a possibility Shy? " He asked after his voice came back several minutes later.

"It's a very slim chance Trav.  The doctors had to sew her uterus back to the wall when they took Jake.  She was real tore up inside and it could be very risky if she did become pregnant." She said sternly. "The doctors had informed her before her release that there was a very high chance she would never be able to have kids because of the damage he had done and if she would happen to become pregnant she might not be able to carry it to full term."

Travis dropped his head to the table with a loud thunk. " Doctor's are wrong all the time. Maybe she can still have babies and maybe she can and will have as many as she wants." He said sounding hopeful. "What will happen if she is pregnant?" He asked without lifting his head.

"I can't say for sure. There are so many things that could happen. She would most likely be bed ridden after she reached a certain point as she would be high risk. That is totally the doctors call.  She could lose it, or hemorrhage badly."

Travis's head whipped up as he stared horrified at Shy.  "Then again she could carry it full term and not have a lick of trouble the entire time. We may never know. This could still be her nerves we will just have to wait and see. Until then we just have to stand behind her and be supportive however this goes. I do think she needs to take some time off to rest up. These past several weeks have been rough on her." Shy said as she patted Travis's hand and got up to get coffee for everyone.

She placed a cup in front of Travis and placed her hand on his shoulder. "She's tough Trav. She has been through so much and came out stronger for it. Yea it might have knocked the wind out of her for a while making her feel defeated but she bounced back.  She always does and with you around for support it doesn't take her long at all." She gave him a sisterly loving smile and turned to place Trent's coffee down in front of him. She placed a quick kiss on Trent's lips and decided since she was up she would start breakfast.

Trent got up to help Shy with breakfast and clapped his brother on the shoulder as he passed him. He looked at the worry on his face and said, "Everything will be fine Trav.  It will all work out in the end. She's a tough  cookie." He gave him one last squeeze at the small smile Travis gave him and walked away.

Travis left the room and went to Trent's office for some privacy. He sat there for a few minutes thinking before he picked up the phone and dialed her number.

"Someone had better be dead." Came her irritated voice.

Travis felt guilty because it wasn't even seven in the morning yet but she sounded wide awake. He must have interrupted them and that made him feel even worse.

" I'm sorry Mona. I didn't mean to bother you so early but I was needing to know if you would let Ness have this week off? She still isn't feeling to great and she is wore out beyond words. I want to get her back on her feet and feeling better and I think this would help by taking some of the pressure off of her. But if it's to..."

"Of course she can have the week off." She said cutting him off. " She can take off a month for all I care. She has her job whenever she is able to come back and she can always do minor things from home if she is up to it. I will give her sick pay and she will still receive her full pay. She is like family to me and I want her to be healthy Trav.  No matter what it takes. Do you hear me? Get. Her. Better." She barked at him. "I only ask one thing from you."

" What is that Mona?" He asked with laughter in his voice. Mona was a good and kind woman. She very rarely raised her voice to anyone but she was yelling at him. He wasn't even sure she realized it herself. He knew she loved Ness.  He hadn't met a person yet other then George that didn't.  He thought the he had even loved her to some degree in his own twisted way.

He waited for Mona's response and smiled as her voice softened.

"Please keep me informed on my girl Trav."

"Will do Mona and thank you for understanding." He heard her confirmation in a grunt of some sort and the line went dead. He hung up and went to look out the window for a bit as he wrestled to get his

mind under control. He knew what he had to do. Now all he had to do was figure out how to do it. Christmas was coming up in a couple of weeks. Maybe he could figure it all out by then.

She would hopefully be better by then. By that time George would have been dead for over two months and he was determined to get him out of her head.

With a confirming nod he pushed a hand through his hair and picked up the phone. He knew what he had to do and he needed to get the ball rolling.

He called his office and told them he would be working from home until further notice and would come in if he was needed for any emergencies. They could call with anything they needed help with but not to expect him to be there. His right hand man Bob told him not to worry and wished him well. They had all met Vanessa and loved her dearly. Bob saw her as the daughter he never had as did a few others there.

He made a few more calls before there was a sound knock on the door. Trent stuck his head in and let him know breakfast was ready. Travis nodded and finished up his call before going to eat.

As he walked into the kitchen he saw Vanessa sitting there nursing her coffee and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"Feeling any better?" He took a seat next to her as he looked her over.

She nodded and gave a tremulous smile.

Shy had made her a plate and set it in front of her so she grabbed a slice of bacon and slowly nibbled it. Her stomach turned a little as she did but she kept eating. She was hungry and determined to get some food down.

"I called Mona and she has given you indefinite paid leave. She said you can work from home if you need to feel you are earning your pay but she wants you to take it easy and get better."He said as he scooped some scrambled eggs onto his plate. He grabbed two pancakes and  some bacon before covering it all with maple syrup. He cut up the pancakes and mixed them with his eggs. He heard a noise from Vanessa and glanced up just in time to see her running out of the kitchen. He went to get up and go after her but Shy told him to sit and eat she would go.

Several minutes later Vanessa's belly was once again empty as she grasped onto her best friend for dear life. Tears were flowing steadily from her eyes as Shy stroked her hair trying to calm her.

"I'm so scared Shy.  What is wrong with me?"

"Well it could be any number of things sweetie. " She said trying not to say what she thought it really was. "Have you made an appointment yet?"   Vanessa shook her head.

"I'm to scared to Shy.  What if they tell me I'm...I just can't bear anymore pain. I won't survive it again." She said on a sob.

Shy blinked trying to grasp her friends meaning. "What are you saying Ness? "

Vanessa let another sob escape before she pulled away and wiped her tears away aggressively with the backs of her hands.  She sniffed and lifted her chin defiantly before drawing in a breath. "I think I'm pregnant Shy and I can't live through another loss. I won't. "

"What makes you think..."

"Give me a break Shy. " She snapped. "I'm sick throughout the day. I get sick when I smell or see certain things. I am tired all the time not to mention the weight gain and my weird cravings or bouts of insatiable hunger." She stood up and lifted her shirt to show her belly and turned to her side.

Shy watched her closely and she did see a small bump in her friends belly but she didn't dare hope she was pregnant.

She had seen her friends struggle with a loss like that and she agreed that she wasn't strong enough yet to deal with another loss just yet.

She sighed and pushed some hair behind her ear and looked up to meet Vanessa's look. "I understand what you are saying Ness but things are different now. You have a good man who would die for you before he let anything happen to you. If you think your pregnant we need to find out for sure and then take it from there. Okay?"

Vanessa sighed and nodded. Shy stood up and pulled her into a comforting hug. "We will get through this together Ness."She said quietly. "The four of us."

Vanessa laughed a little. "Yea were the regular four musketeers. " She glanced at Shy blankly. "Isn't there only three musketeers though?"

Shy chuckled at her friend. "If you remember the movie there were actually hundreds of them but three of them formed their own little group because they were just that close. I think." She chuckled again as she thought about her last statement before throwing her hands up in the air. "Oh hell who knows? I'm probably completely wrong and mixed up with another movie. I never get time to watch them anyway so don't believe a word that comes out of this mouth."  They  both laughed as they walked back to the kitchen. "You gonna make that appointment? " Shy asked before they reached the guys.

Vanessa nodded just as they turned the corner to see the guys sitting there drinking coffee with worried looks on their faces. Their plates were washed and in the rack drying already. Vanessa saw hers was covered but was no longer interested in it and went to make some toast instead.

Several hours later  Vanessa sat on the bench at the doctors office swinging her legs nervously.  She had made Shy make an appointment as well and was upset when they wouldn't let them go in the same room together.

Shy didn't want to go but Vanessa refused to go unless she went and did it as well. She made Travis stay away so he took them and him and Trent were waiting in the truck outside. 

It took everything in him to stay put and not race inside to be by her side but she was already stressed out enough and he didn't want to add to it. So they waited.

There was a soft knock on the door before it opened and the doctor came in. She was a middle aged woman with a kind demeanor.  Vanessa had refused any male doctor for an exam like this and was glad when they told her that Dr. Bankman was female.  Right now the doctor was smiling kindly at her before she looked at the charts in her hands.

"Well Ms. Sweetwater I'm going to need to do an internal exam on you. So if I could get you to lie back and scoot your bottom to the edge of the table and place your legs into the stirrups for me while I get ready." She had slid out the stirrups and turned to put her gloves on just as there was another knock on the door. The doctor admitted the young nurse to the room and took a seat on the stool in front of Vanessa's spread legs.

The nurse caught her frightened look and smiled gently. "You will be fine dear just breath this might be a bit uncomfortable for just a moment but it will all be over soon." With another reassuring smile she turned her focus back to the doctor.

In just a few moments the doctor stood and peeled off her gloves. "You may scoot up now hun."

She turned and wrote something in her chart before settling her smiling face on Vanessa.  "A congratulations is in order Vanessa.  You are definitely pregnant. I'd say about three months roughly. Now with your history we are going to have to take some cautious steps and you will have to come in weekly for a progress report." She glanced up to see Vanessa had drained of color and looked ready to pass out. She stepped forward and placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "You alright Vanessa? " She asked with concern. "Get a glass of water and a wet towel." She barked to the nurse who fled the room without question. She made Vanessa lie back down and was coaxing her to take deep breaths when the nurse returned.

Vanessa sipped the water and held the towel to her forehead while she waited for the world to stop spinning.

After a while they went to another room and did an ultrasound and verified that she was indeed almost three months along.

Vanessa walked out of the office holding her pictures of her baby and plopped down to wait for Shy to come out. It was about fifteen minutes later when a pale faced Shy came and plopped down beside her friend.

"You okay Shy? " She asked as she eyed her friend.  Shy shook her head and handed her a glossy piece of paper that was folded over. Vanessa looked at it with confusion as she took it.

Realization grabbed her as she opened it and saw two spots on the picture.  She squealed and wrapped her friend in a bear hug almost knocking them both off the chairs and causing others to look their way.

"How far along are you Shy?" She was bouncing in her chair as she awaited her answer.

Shy couldn't speak yet so she held up one finger. Indicating she was about a month pregnant.

She looked at Vanessa and seemed to snap out of it and smiled slightly. "How did yours go?" She finally found enough of her voice to ask.

Vanessa smiled and handed her the same glossy paper and waited. She smiled when it hit Shy and her eyes shot to her in surprise.  "I'm not having twins but I'm almost three months." She said bouncing. "I have to come weekly for progress reports and take it easy but I'm defying the odds Shy." She said as tears fell from her eyes. "I'm proving them wrong and I'm having another baby." She whispered past her tears. Shy pulled her into a hug and they stayed that way for some time before they pulled themselves together and left to tell the guys.

Travis was pacing around his truck and Trent was sitting on the hood watching with amusement as his brother made another  circle. He glanced up and saw the girls coming. Their expressions were blank so he didn't know the outcome of this visit. When his brother turned the corner his leg shot out and kicked him hard. When Travis glared at him he simply smiled and nodded in the girl's direction.

Travis bolted for Vanessa as Trent slowly hopped off the hood and strolled over to them all. As he got there Travis hooted and picked Vanessa up twirling her around while he kissed her senseless.

Shy and Trent watched in amusement at the happy couple. Shy turned to Trent with a troubled look and at his questioning glance she handed him the pictures she had handed Ness just a few moments ago.

Trent looked at them confused as he glanced up at her and that's when it hit home. A huge smile plastered across his face as he hooted and  plastered his mouth to hers.

Travis looked at the two with confusion as his arm stayed around Vanessa tightly. He then glance to her with a look of askance.  Vanessa pulled his head down and whispered in his ear. Travis beamed at her and hooted again as he walked the few steps and wrapped his arms around the both of them.

"This calls for a celebration. " He bellowed happily. "What do you guys want to do?"

"EAT!" Came the reply in unison causing everyone to laugh.

"Will we make it through a meal alright?" Travis asked Vanessa.  She nodded with a small smile.

"The doctor gave me something for the nausea. So I should be fine." Travis wrapped his arm around her and beamed a big smile as he walked her to the truck and helped her in. He walked slowly around the truck as he called and informed Mona about the good news and told her they were going to celebrate. She in turn called everyone else.

They pulled up in front of the restaurant of the girls choice and went inside.  The orders were placed and while they waited Mona and Nate showed up and joined them. Next was Denise and a very excited and bouncing Sean.  Several more showed up and before they knew it there were about thirty people celebrating with them.  They all laughed and chatted as they ate.

Much later they all parted ways with congratulations being said to the two couples once again.

Vanessa sighed as she leaned into Travis.  He just chuckled as he pulled her into his side and kissed the side of her head. "Let's get you girls home shall we?"

With that they all climbed into the truck and headed home. The worries and stresses forgotten for the moment. Right now they were all to happy with the outcome of the day to care about tomorrow.

Travis glanced at the glowing woman beside him and realized just how much he truly loved her. He knew his next step and would get it put into motion tomorrow.

^^^^

YAY bet u didn't expect that huh?

So they are both pregnant although Ness is further along then Shy but their babies will grow up together.

Let me know what you think. I love you all so much I hope this makes you happy.

Vanessa has a much brighter future now that she can have kids let's just hope nothing goes wrong this time.

Any who remember to vote comment and share!!!!

Until next time READ READ READ !!^____^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 179 79
She can tell those three words turn me on and I know she's trying to hide a smile. Slowly, her hand travels up my chest, starting at my lower abdomen...
6.9K 155 19
I yelp, running into Travis's back and wrapping my arms around him, "What was that?! Did you hear that?! I know I wasn't the only one who heard that...
116K 3.9K 18
"You're a trouble maker," I grumbled, crossing my arms in front of my chest. He let out a breathless laugh and took a step closer to me, leaning so c...
126 3 12
James grabbed my hands and spin me around , put his hands between my legs ,I felt his tattered breaths on my neck and his tongue full of saliva trace...