The Secret Life Of A Not-So-U...

By shutiitt_real

Midoriya Izuku is a Quirkless loser who cannot stand up for himself. He gets beaten both at school and home. ... More

Here We Go Again
A Badass Pencil Tip
The Drunkard Who Hits
The Explosive Dog-Turned-Human
Mister Muscle Is A Skeleton
Author's Note
Blackmail And Cunning
Moving In
Bunny Eared Saviour
Author's Note
Thank You
Izuku's Part Time Job - A Filler Chapter
Second Encounter With The Fluffy Haired Boy
2K!!
Third Roommate - A Filler Chapter
Time Skip
Meeting The Devil Rat (4K!)
The USJ Attack
The Trust Between Them
Author's Note
Conversing With The Candy Cane
Maskless
Cursing Nedzu, For A Reason Of Course
The Problem Caused By The Trash On Fire
10K! {Announcement & Surprise}
Meeting Class 1-B
Are Hitoshi and Katsuki Aware of Deku Being Izuku? - An Informative Chapter
An Exchange of (Mild) Blackmail
Why Doesn't Katsuki Recognize The Name Deku?? - An Informative Chapter
Author's Note
Class Gathering ~ A Filler Chapter
The Sports Festival Begins
The Master Of Bets (And Slaps)
One-On-One Battles... Start!
Vote Results!
Round One Ending(Yes, This Is A Chapter)
AO3
50K
New Year's Special
1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣✨0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ & Vote
Deku Vs The Trash On Fire

Discipline and Abuse

4.5K 156 122
By shutiitt_real

I have just realised that yesterday, there was quite the heated discussion about 'abuse' in chapter 'Mister Muscle Is A Skeleton'.

I must say that I have never been hit by my parents, but there was one instance when my dad let anger get the better of him and pulled my ear, harshly.

I still remember that moment, and since then, I have felt fear every time I'm near him.

I feel extremely uncomfortable when he's near me, like I have to bolt away from him as soon as possible, and staying in the same room alone with him is only possible for a short amount of time.

This is called trauma.

Even the smallest of things can cause trauma.

Since young, whenever I've made mistakes, I've been shouted at, so I became a person who likes to be alone and in quiet, closed places like my room.

I know firsthand what trauma is, and if there are any parents here, I advise you to never use force on your children. Ever.

Instead of shouting or hitting, explain what they did wrong, and why it was wrong. If that doesn't work, give simple punishments like making your child do more chores for an amount of time, or taking away their phones.

The latter might upset them a lot, but it is actually a very good thing.

I admit that phones are addictive, and I came to realise this when my sister broke my phone, and I couldn't use it for a month or so.

I practically experienced withdrawal symptoms!

Anyway, I've rambled enough.

I hope nobody who reads this has been abused, or is abusing their children, even if it's a slap on the cheek.

Corporal punishment doesn't make one disciplined, just leaves them traumatised.

Always remember this.

Also, I'll try to update soon, don't worry ^_^

Signing off,

Blondie | shutiitt_real

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 4.1K 65
SECOND BOOK OF THE SINS OF THE FATHER. - Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his...
279K 12.5K 48
...What makes them all heroes? What makes the villains actually villains? In the end, everyone commits violent actions, but the heroes are praised wh...
439K 14.8K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...
712K 27.3K 43
Everyone said he was untamable and not human like! His mother couldn't handle the pressure of a son that had such a unique quirk and gave him up. No...