Unlonely

由 musingsbymaia

Their individual circumstances made them consider the option presented to them. Will they make it to 300 days... 更多

The Proposition
The Decision
The Separation
The Modification
The Suggestion
The Connection
The Isolation
The Next 100 Days
The Next First Kiss
The Next Chapter
The Next Limit
The Next Few Days
The Next Trip
The Next Morning
The Next Surprise
Unveil
Unleash
Unwind
Unexpected
Unconditional
Unlonely
Bonus Chapter: Unreal

The Assimilation

1.6K 141 6
由 musingsbymaia

Breakfast brought a visitor for both of them.

"Park Su-Chan," the man introduced himself. Bowing to Seri and Jeong Hyeok, they asked him to join them to eat. The man was grateful but briefing them, as instructed by Jung Man Bok, was strange since Seri and Jeong Hyeok sat at opposite ends of the dining table.

When Park Su-Chan turned his head to look at who was speaking to him, he felt like he was watching a tennis match. However, he did not wish to complain. He was there to do his job.

"These are the plans drawn up for the telecommunications company Jung Man Bok-ssi recently acquired. He wishes to hear input from both of you," Park Su-Chan explained.

Seri made a face. "I told Uncle Man Bok that I do not know anything about that business."

"He has faith you will provide valuable insights, Ma'am," the man said.

Yoon Seri nodded but the frown remained on her face.

"You'll do great," Ri Jeong Hyeok assured.

Seri heard his comment but did not say anything to acknowledge it.

Jeong Hyeok sighed. "If you'll excuse me, Yoon Seri, Park Su-chan. I shall take my leave. I have some matters I need to attend to."

Once he was back in his wing of the house, Jeong Hyeok went directly to the room he had set up as his "office". Office is a term he used loosely. Sure, this room would be his primary place of work while he lived in Man Bok's home. However, because he was still a part-time professional gamer, his office consisted of a place in the room that consisted of a desk with dual computer monitors, a headset, a gaming mouse and keyboard, a customised CPU to handle the requirements of the games he played and a gaming chair.

At the opposite side of this gaming setup, there was a more traditional office with a laptop, a pen and a notebook, but not much else. He placed the folder Park Su-Chan provided earlier on this more traditional office desk.

Jeong Hyeok sank into his chair. It was cowardly but he wasn't ready to face Seri unless he absolutely had to. He didn't have a good excuse as to why he didn't call her after that unforgettable first kiss.

He had her mobile number, her home address, her email address but he didn't use them. He found himself drafting messages to her a number of times but never got around to sending any.

What should he have said? Hey, thanks for the kiss? Can I have one more? Would you like to see me again?

All his ideas made him sound like a jerk or a creep. At that point, he hadn't been in a serious relationship and had never pursued anyone before. Yes, he was in University, but he was either studying or playing games and being with a girl was the last thing in his mind.

Sure, he was a hormonal teenager, but he didn't know how to go about getting a girlfriend in real life so most of his experience was from watching movies or imagining things from what his college roommates were sharing with him.

It was also because of these roommates that he happened to be in that club that night. They gave him a flyer advertising the charity event held by a group of girls from a nearby school, which had the photos of those who were hosting the event. It was there that he saw Seri's photos.

In spite of the rejection when they were still in high school, there was still a certain pull to her and he went, hoping to at least catch a glimpse of her.

She was the first one he saw when he arrived.

Seri had always been one of the prettiest in any room she was in and that night was no exception. Even from afar, he found himself smiling whenever he caught her laughing at something. It was because he had been watching her for awhile that he noticed the change in her expression when she was pulled into the game of Suck-and-Blow and how he picked up on the intent of the other boy who had the card on his mouth.

So, even if it was embarrassing, he stepped in and picked the card from the other boy's mouth.

The moments that followed still bring a smile to his face -- the awkward dance, laughing, that drive to her dormitory and their kiss.

He thanked the heavens that she seemed to enjoy the kiss as much as he did. He dreamt about it for the longest time.

And kicked himself for not contacting her after.

Now, she was here. Beautiful as ever. Older, her figure more womanly, her eyes no longer holding that innocent look she always seemed to have... yet as beautiful as he remembered.

What would the next 299 days hold for them?

He sighed. For now, he needed to study the file Man Bok left for them.

*

It was lunchtime when he emerged from his side of the property. He found Yoon Seri at the living room near the dining room where they shared their meals surrounded by boxes upon boxes of shoes. "What are those?"

"Shoes," she replied in a tone that told him the answer should be obvious.

"Are you selling them?"

"No! They're mine. I had them sent here since I'll be here for awhile."

Jeong Hyeok made a face. "Do plan to wear a different pair for each day that you are here?"

"Nooooo," Seri replied making the same face. "But I thought that a hundred pairs would do and rotate them for three rounds."

"One hundred?!" Jeong Hyeok repeated, exasperatedly. "I only have five. Maybe you could just loan me some since you have an unbelievable number here."

Not missing a beat, Seri replied, "Sure. Just let me know which pair you prefer."

Jeong Hyeok rolled his eyes and left her to head to the dining table. When she did not appear after a few minutes, he called her mobile. "Are you not hungry yet?"

"Oh! Imagine that. You DO have my number," Seri mused.

Flustered, Jeong Hyeok quickly made an excuse. "I needed it for this period. Now, lunch?"

Seri appeared and took her seat. "Why are you in a rush anyway?"

"I have a game after lunch."

"I see. Those video games that are all the rage with young men?" she asked, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"It is part of my livelihood, yes. Don't judge what you don't understand," he warned. In reality, he faced these kind of comments from a lot of his peers. But, he was not a mere player, he was also involved in creating and programming these games so it was important for him to know what was in demand and what wasn't.

It was not the time to explain that to Seri though so he just shut down the topic.

Lunch was a quiet affair, neither having anything to bring up to the other. Once the food was gone and the table cleared, they greeted each other and retreated to their separate areas.

At dinner, Jeong Hyeok found only one place setting at the table. "Where is Ms. Yoon?" he asked the woman who took charge of their meals.

"She left this afternoon for an event, Sir. I understand that she will not return until later tonight."

Upon finding out that he was alone, except for Man Bok's staff, Jeong Hyeok decided to take out his camera and explore the property more. He took shots of the city, which was a beautiful view at night from where the house sat. The moon was also beautiful that night and he tried to capture it but he didn't have the correct lens.

After a few tries, he finally gave up and went in just as Seri arrived. "Oh, you're home."

"Could you look any more disappointed?" she retorted.

"They told me you had an event."

Seri nodded. "I was invited to a fashion show. Then, I decided to check on the clinic I'm opening next week. You? What were you taking photos of?"

"Nothing important," he replied. Noting the yawn that escaped her mouth, he added, "You should go rest."

She nodded. "Yes. Good night then."

"Good night, Seri."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

3.5K 226 10
The ups and downs of school, family, and growing up test the affection between a budding artist and her handsome but indifferent classmate and neighb...
7.3K 421 60
make your own journal! Prompts, doodles and how to make your journal from scratch (sorta) All in this swaglicious bookita! Swag cover by @candieddrea...
24.9K 664 9
A guidebook if you feel like you're alone
93.4K 2.2K 97
You guys went through hard times, whether you were/are or not, these are quotes that explain how hard it is to be heartbroken. Don't make the same mi...