The Next Limit

Jeong Hyeok would watch Seri work on her business papers and then Man Bok's businesses simultaneously and he would be amazed. Sure, he was able to keep his business running while doing his tasks for Man Bok, he was unable to do it at the same time. He would often set aside different times for each area.

It worked for him but it also led to some conflict with Seri. There would be times when she would approach him for something but his time was not allotted for Man Bok's portion, so he would tell her, "I'll get back to you later."

"But I need a reply now," she would say.

"I can't. I'm doing something else and I need time to study what you're saying."

They would go back and forth and then he would either give her a half-hearted reply he would take back later on or insist that he will get back to her at a later time and she would be peeved and stomp off.

Luckily, those are petty fights that they didn't let get to them too much. If something still bothered them later on, one of them would mention it so that the other would understand what they felt, address it, make plans to do better, and then actually do better.

People would say it was a beautiful, mature relationship.

And it truly was.

Except on one thing.

The one thing they were not good at.

One night, Seri didn't have dinner at home because she went out with her friends to watch a movie at Hae-Soo's home. The film was this world famous one with a red room.

When she arrived home, Seri looked shocked and told Jeong Hyeok, "I don't want to do it. EVER."

"Because?" Jeong Hyeok drawled out. Seri slumped on the couch and Jeong Hyeok followed. Hugging her and kissing the top of her head, he persuaded, "Come on. Tell me."

She started by saying they watched the said movie. "And then because I am so clueless about so many things, we looked up in the internet the topic of BDSM."

Jeong Hyeok groaned. He could only imagine what would have come up.

"It's scary," she whimpered, pulling him closer and clinging to him like a koala.

"It's not a lifestyle for everyone. I don't want to judge those who want to do it or at least try. As long as both parties agree and they know their limits, I guess that should be okay?" He tried to assure.

Seri pulled away to look at him. "Are you... are you interested?"

He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "I... well..."

"What?"

Jeong Hyeok kept shifting his gaze from Seri to another object in the room and then back to her. "Not with all of it and not those extreme ones."

She was quiet.

"Definitely not hurting you with whips. I don't even really like the idea of spanking. Actually, I don't like the idea of pain being involved," he admitted now blushing profusely. "But..."

"What?"

He looked at her before continuing. Taking her hand, he clasped it and said, "Please know that these are just ideas I'm curious about, okay? You do not have to do them for me. Actually, if you really mean it, that you no don't want to be intimate ever... I'll find a way to be okay with that."

Seri chuckled. "Liar."

"Well. I don't want to force you."

"I understand. Now, continue... what are you curious about?"