The Next Few Days

The next days after that night they spent at Seri's place was difficult to describe. They felt a lot closer because of the intimacy they shared and both longed for the time when they could finally give in to what they both wanted. At the same time, there was some awkwardness because they knew they couldn't just keep touching each other as they wanted.

When they did kiss it now had a heat and urgency that it didn't have before. It didn't matter if it was their kiss when they separated before work started, or when they met up again after work, or just before they ended the night.

As a couple, the next weeks brought new challenges to them. Seri had a grand opening of a new clinic that boasted state of the art skin care technologies and she launched her own skin care line at the same event. She and Jeong Hyeok were not seen together because she chose to keep their relationship private. Though not a celebrity, Seri interacted with a lot of famous people who were part of her clientele and she was often in the news.

Jeong Hyeok and Hae-Soo watched from the sidelines as Seri entertained her guests. "Oh, Gu Seung Jun made it," Hae-Soo commented when a new guest arrived,

Jeong Hyeok turned to the direction she was looking at  and saw a face he had often seen in billboards and posters around the city. "He is famous, yes?"

"Very," Hae-Soo nodded. "And has the biggest crush on Seri. For a time, I thought she would date him because she seemed interested." Not realising that what she said made Jeong Hyeok study the man speaking to Seri with more interest than when he first got there.

From where he stood, it seemed like Gu Seung Jun wasn't leaving Seri's side and at times even placed his hand on the low of her back. Seri, as she had been doing the whole night, would search the room for Jeong Hyeok, smile when she found him before she turned back to her guests.

After half an hour that Gu Seung Jun remained at Seri's side, Jeong Hyeok asked her assistant if he could have a quick word with Seri. When she had a moment, he told her, "I'll take off for a little bit. I just have some papers at the office."

"Oh, I see. Are you sure you can't stay?" she asked, disappointment marring her beautiful face.

"I'll pick you up later. Send me a message when the event is done, alright?"

She nodded and they bid each other goodbye. As she stared at his retreating back, Hae-Soo approached, "I think he's jealous."

"Huh?"

Hae-Soo looked in the direction of the famous person now making his way to Seri again. "You and Gu Seung Jun have been inseparable."

"No, that's not..." Seri's thoughts trailed off. It was true, Gu Seung Jun was beside her but she didn't design it that way. She just wasn't too conscious about him being around her. All the while, her thoughts were with her guests and looking for Jeong Hyeok.

She was disappointed but she understood. They needed to talk but for now, there was work to do.

As the party was coming to an end, Seri took out her phone and sent a message to Jeong Hyeok. "Hi! We're almost done here. Should I still wait for you? I can have Hae-Soo drop me off if you want?"

He quickly replied. "I'm here towards the exit. No rush. Just come out when your guests have left. I'll be here."

When everyone had finally left, she headed to the waiting area where Jeong Hyeok was. She found him in the seat, going over the papers he mentioned earlier. "Hi! Why are you there? Isn't it uncomfortable?"

"No, I'm okay. All done here?"

She nodded. "Thank you for picking me up."

He smiled at her. "I'm sorry for leaving. I just... I couldn't handle it. It would take me some getting used to."