The Connection

"The team came out with new marketing campaigns," Jeong Hyeok said to her during breakfast a week later. "Do you like them?"

Seri nodded. "Yes. I suggested a few tweaks but I'm good with it. How about you? You said, you'd be conducting some tests on the speed and other standards you're looking for?"

He nodded. "I'm scheduled to go there tomorrow."

"Can I join you?"

"Sure."

Lately, they had been more companionable and Seri enjoyed it a lot. Jeong Hyeok had been coaching her on swimming three times a week, then she dragged him to jog around the property for the days they weren't in the pool.

They still bickered. One of the things they argued about was the amount of laundry Seri had because she changed outfits twice or thrice a day. This meant that one time they did their laundry together, only a few pieces of Jeong Hyeok's stuff was washed because her items took up most the space in the washer.

"Why do you even need to change for that dinner event you have? Won't your office clothes do?" he complained one time, when she insisted on bringing extra clothes and shoes to their meeting with Park Su-Chan.

Seri looked appalled. "Of course not! How could you even suggest such a thing?" Then, she launched into a long lecture of the importance of looking good and appropriate given that she was in the beauty industry.

They ended the meeting with Park Su-Chan quite late. "Yoon Seri, don't you have to be going? You'll be late for your dinner if you don't leave now," Jeong Hyeok said, checking his watch.

Seri nodded hesitantly. "But we're not done here."

"It's okay. We have a few items left. I'll catch you up at home, okay?"

She nodded then headed out to change. She popped in again to bid him goodbye. "I'm leaving."

Jeong Hyeok looked at her. "Alright. Take care. Will you be very late?"

"No. I'll let you know once I'm in so we can catch up?"

He nodded. When she turned to leave, he called her back, "Seri?"

"Hmm?"

"You look great," he complimented, which earned him a bright smile from her.

Park Su-Chan noted the exchange. When Seri was out of earshot, "Things are going well with you two?"

"Yes," Jeong Hyeok affirmed. "Hey. Don't report to Man Bok that I'm hitting on her!"

Park Su-Chan laughed. "I never said that. But if you are..."

"I'm not!"

"IF you are, I don't think Chairman Jung would mind," Park Su-Chan said.

Jeong Hyeok reprimanded him with a look. "Let's just finish this."

When Seri arrived that night, she found Jeong Hyeok at the kitchen. "Hey you're still up!"

"You're late," he said, sipping coffee.

She sat beside him on one of the stools at the counter. "Sorry. There was additional business talk in the agenda that I didn't expect. You shouldn't have waited up."

He shrugged. "I just finished an international competition anyway."

"Did you win?"