Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

Par writtergirl2

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... Plus

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Fixing Broken Ties
Better Than A Baseball Bat
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Problem With Black lights
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Meeting Malia
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Anna's Social Life

6.7K 172 78
Par writtergirl2

Chapter 2

I sat on the couch while Derek sat on his bed both of us reading, damn we had social life. Derek closed his book and checked something on his phone. “Isn't he gonna pick you up soon?” Derek questions. My answer is flipping a page in my book.

He walks over to me and snatches the book out of my hands. “Hey!” “Aren't you going?” I roll my eyes. “Where?” I question while reaching for my book which he holds above his head because I'm shorter than him, not everyone can be six foot.

“That party.” I quirk an eyebrow at him. “What party?” I think for a second then my eyes get wide in realization. “You listen to my phone conversation, you dick!” I smack his arm.

“It's my job.” He replies simply. I glare at him. “No, I'm not going to some party I hate them.” “Well, if you want some of my advice...” I cut him off.

“Nope, pretty sure with your track record I could do without your wisdom oh great Alpha wolf.” I reply sarcastically.

“I'm just saying you need to try and be a normal girl for five minutes if you want to have a relationship.” He tosses me back my book and goes to get up. “Wait.” I call. He stops. “Give me ten minutes.” I drop my book and sprint upstairs.

+

I sit in the car while Derek drives to address. I'm wearing tight fitting camouflage pants and a black low cut lacy top and my black boots.

Derek comes to a stop a block from the party so Stiles wouldn't know I showed up. I unbuckle my seat belt. “Thanks for the ride.” I mutter to Derek and I get out. “Make good choices!” Derek calls out which ends with me flipping him off and marching towards the house.

I open the door and I instantly see Scott but then I also see a blonde pressing her lips to Stiles and he doesn't stop her. My hand goes to my mouth and my eyes water. Scott whirls around and sees me his eyes wide. I sprint out of the house. “Anna wait!” I hear Stiles call after me but it's too late I'm already half way down the block.

When I finally do stop. I slide down to the ground. I pull my phone out of my pocket.

I dial Derek's number. Please pick up, please. “Yeah, Anna?” He answers. “Can you come get me please?” I breath out but my voice cracks.

What did the idiot do, are you okay?” I wipe my face with the sleeve of my shirt. “Please just come get me.” “Okay, I will be there in a few minutes.” I hang up and I press the palms of my hands to my forehead fighting off the headache, trying to push down the pain this is what I did when I was a kid.

Someone snuck up on me, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I thought it was my brother. Nope it was Stiles.

I jerk away from him. “Leave me alone.” I spat. “Anna let me explain.” He defends, I stand up. “Explain what! She kissed you and you didn't tell her I had a girlfriend. Is it even like that with us? Do you even care?” I wish I could handle my emotions better, tears were falling down my face.

“Anna, I told her when you took off, she just surprised me, I didn't know what to do, please believe me.” He pleads. I shake my head. “That's the thing, I trusted you! And that means everything to me, if I can't trust someone then I can't be with them.”

“Anna listen to my heartbeat if you don't believe me.” He argues. I shake my head. He puts a hand on my shoulder. “Please Anna, please. I don't want to hurt you.” “Say it slowly.” I snap my voice hard as stone.

“She kissed me.....I was.... surprised..... I told her.... I have a beautiful girlfriend..... That I really like.... I'm sorry.” His heartbeat didn't skip or uptick he was telling the truth.

He pulls me into a hug, I slowly wrap my arms around him. His hand goes to my hair and the other to the small of my back.

“I'm really sorry. I get if you're mad at me.” I look up at him still locked in our embrace. “Derek's gonna pick me up, I should go wait for him.” I pull myself away. “Anna..” He starts. “It's fine, I'm just tired, I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?” Derek pulls up. I walk toward the car. Derek takes one look at me and turns off the car. He starts to get out of the car. He looks pissed.

I called him crying, he's gonna kill Stiles. I jump in front of Stiles. “Derek, get back in the car.” I dictate. “What did he do?” He growls. “I'll tell you if you calmly get your ass in the car, okay?” I say like I'm talking to a 6 year old, not my very large and angry older brother.

He glares at Stiles but marches into the car. I look back at Stiles. “I better go.” I walk away. “Anna?” Stiles says his voice somber. “See you tomorrow.” I reply and get in the car.

+

Isaac was pacing the floor. As Derek calmly read a book next to the desk and I sat on the stairs waiting for Peter to get here.

God I hated this but we had too.

“You know I'm starting not this idea. Sounds kind of dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him.” Isaac rambled. I rolled my eyes.

“You'll be fine.” Derek states. “Does it have to be him?” Isaac questions. “He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing in myself.” Derek replies not looking up from his book.

“You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd... Well, I'd trust Scott.” Everyone trust Scott, but Isaac shut up.

“Do you trust us?” Derek questions. “Yeah. I still don't like him.” Isaac replies. “Nobody likes him.” I add.

And with that the loft door slides open.

Great.

“Boys and Little Annie. FYI, yes coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face.” I stand up and look Peter right in the eyes. “We don't like you.” I state

Derek slams his book shut. “Now shut up and help us.”

“Fair enough.” He pops out his claws, great.

Peter took his jacket off and Isaac was bent over in the chair, nerved up. “Relax, I'll get more out of you if you're calm.” Peter says. Derek and I sat next to each other on the couch both of us watching Peter's every move.

“How do you know how to do this, again?” Isaac questions. “It's an ancient ritual used mostly by Alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them.” Derek and I share a look then watch Peter more carefully.

“But you've had a lot of practice, though, right?” Isaac questions. “Well, I've never paralyzed anyone.” Peter replies. And that guy used to be my role model.

“Wait does that mean you...” Isaac was cut off by Peter stabbing his claws into Isaac's neck.

They both let out pained grunts and Derek and I shoot up. “Wait I see them.” Peter mutters.

Peter falls back onto the table and Isaac falls forward, both of them drained.

“What'd you see?” I question. “It was confusing. Um, images. Vague shapes.” Peter pants out.

“But you saw something.” Derek insists. “Isaac found them.” Peter states.

“Erica and Boyd?” I question. “I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses.”

“But you did see them.” Derek repeats. “And worse.” Peter replies. Peter shoots a look with me, my eyes get wide. “Deucalion.” I whisper. He nods but gives me a look.

“He was talking to them. Something about time running out.” Derek puts his head in his hands trying to think. “What does it mean?” Isaac whispers. “He's gonna kill them.” I reply.

“No, no, no he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead.” My hand goes to my mouth. “The next full moon?” Derek reiterates.

“Tomorrow night.” Peter replies. We're screwed.

+

Scott called me, Stiles called me first but I didn't answer. We met Allison, Lydia, Scott and Stiles in a empty classroom at school and Allison and Lydia showed their bruises.

“I don't see anything.” Derek states with his arms across his chest. “Look again.” Scott says.

“How is a bruise gonna tell me where Erica and Boyd are?” Derek questions looking more and more annoyed. I stand on the other side of Derek far away from Stiles.

“It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same.” Scott argues. “It's nothing.” Derek deadpans.

“Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there.” Lydia says. Everyone in the room either looks at Lydia or me to explain.

“It's a subset of apophenia.” I add in a 'duh' tone. “They're trying to help.” Scott whispers. Derek and I share a look then look back at the two girls in front of us.

“These two? This one, who used my brother to resurrect our psychotic uncle. Thank you I really love having him back.” I say tartly to Lydia.

“And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack.” Derek snaps pointing to Allison.

“Okay, okay all right. No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction.” I pinch the bridge of my nose.

Derek sends me a 'seriously?' look. I shrug. “My mother died.” Allison snaps softy.

“So did ours when your psychotic aunt killed her, along with everyone else we cared about, so why don't stop playing that little card for pity.” I spat hotly.

Stiles comes over to me and grabs my shoulders. I relax some but my I can still feel the rage boiling under the surface.

“Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not us.” Derek spat.

“That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you.” Allison says tartly.

My glare hardens on her.

“You wanna help? Find something real.” I state and I turn on my heal and march off Derek follows.

Scott stops us. “Give her a chance. Okay they're on our side now.”

“Well, then maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do to you, that night. He saved your ass by doing what he had to do.” I snapped at Scott. Derek then left. I turned on my heal and left the room as well to head to class.

+

I sat down in class, Stiles sat next to me and Scott sat on the other side. I feel like they're might have been a plan here.

Finstock slams a book down on the desk. Stiles keeps poking me and I twirl my pencil in my hand trying to ignore him.

“The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?” Finstock questions the class. Only Scott raises his hand.

“Yes, McCall you can go to the bathroom.” Coach says to the young teen wolf.

Scott puts his hand down dejectedly. “No Coach I know the answer.” Coach just starts laughing. I raise an eyebrow. What's so funny?

He then stops and looks at Scott seriously. “Oh you're serious?” “Yeah. Risk and Reward.” “Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall. Don't answer that. I like you better.” He steps closer to Scott smiling.

“Anyone have a quarter? A quarter?” Coach questions. “Yep.” Stiles mutters and not a quarter comes out of his pocket. But a XXL condom shoots out of his pocket. My eyes get wide.

Coach bends down to pick it up. “Uh, Stilinski you dropped this.” He picks up the condom and hands it back to Stiles then shoots a look at me. “Congratulations.”

I place my hand on top of my desk and cover my head with my hands.

People start laughing and Scott smirks at me. I glare at him and Stiles' face turns fifty shades of red and when he looks at me he turns white.

“Risk and Reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward. Okay, watch Coach.” He puts his mug down on the ground.

Stiles pokes me harder with his pencil.

I turn and glare at him. 'What?' I mouth. 'I can explain.' He mouths back. I roll my eyes.

Coach blows on his quarter and bends down and shoots the coin into the mug. Everyone applauses including me. “That's how you do it.”

Coach tosses Danny the coin. “Okay, Danny. Risk, reward?”

“What's the reward?” Danny questions. “You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow.”

“Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it.” I mutter. He shoots a look to me. “Hale, you know, I really expect more from you at this point. Really.”

Coach comes next to Scott and gives him the coin. “McCall. Risk, reward? The risk, if you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop...” He shoots a look at me. “The quiz. And you have to write an essay. Risk, more work. Reward no work at all. Or choose not to play.

“But isn't this just chance?” Scott questions. “No. You know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience. All factor affecting the outcome. So what's it gonna be McCall. More work, no work or choose not to play?”

Scott puts the coin down. “No play.” “Okay. Who's next? Who wants the quarter?”

Stiles drums his hands on the desk smiling. “There you go! There's a gambling man! Come on! Step up, step up.” I can't help the small smile that grows on my face. He's such a cute little dork.

“All right, Stilinski.”

The door to the classroom is opened and Mr. Stilinski stands in the door way, oh hell what did me and Derek do now?

“Stiles.” He says to his son. “Yeah, Coach, I got it.” Stiles replies not noticing it's his father.

“Stiles.” I say. He turns his head to look at me and I nod my head to the door and he sees his father.

Stiles is pulled out of the room and Scott and I share a look before both listening in.

“I couldn't find her. I just figured she'd hooked up with her other friends. Has no one really seen her since last night?” Stiles questions.

The blonde girl he was kissing.

No. We put out an APB, but...Stiles, all her friends say you were the last person who saw her.” My hand goes to my mouth this is not good.

Me?” Stiles questions.

“We hope that it's just a series of bad decisions based on too much to drink. But if you remember anything else you call me. All right?”

A coin dropping into a mug breaks my focus. “Yes! Reward!” Coach yells at Danny.

“Okay, who's next? Greenburg, put your hand down. You don't have a chance.”

+

I sat down in front of a row of lockers one leg bent up to my chest and the other laid out in front of me. I was reading my book for English while twirling my necklace in my hand. I was wearing black jeans and a black and dark pink floral top.

+

Someone sat down next to me and before I even looked up I knew who it was. “What do you want?” I question. “I want to explain a few thing and make you stop being mad at me.” Stiles replies.

I flip the page in my book. “Please will you let me explain?” I close my book and look over at him.

“Why did you have a condom in your pocket?” I ask softly. “Because after you ran out Heather stopped me and said this might help make it up to your girlfriend.”

“Well, she was wrong there.” “A, I really like you and you said you believed me so why are you still mad?”

“I'm not mad at you.” I reply. “Then who are you mad at, Derek, Peter?”

“No, I'm mad at myself. I'm never gonna be this girl that you deserve and I shouldn't be surprised when you realize that.”

“A, you are the perfect girl for me, you're rough around the edges but that's what I like about you, you don't let anyone tell you what to do, you're beautiful, you don't have to change a thing for me.” He says. I look into his eyes and I know he's not lying.

“I also have one more card to play.” I raise an eyebrow at him. “What do you mean?” He unzips his back pack and pull out two large chocolate chip cookies still in say-ran wrap.

He holds them out to me and I smile at him. “How did you know they are my favorite?” I question.

“Because, I called Derek after he yelled at me for twenty minutes straight, he finally gave me some information on what to do when you were upset with someone.” I smile a little, how did he still remember?

“So you forgive me?” I shake my head yes. I cup his face and pull him into a kiss. He holds his breath at first like he always does but then he kisses me back.

 He cups my face as well. Maybe things could work out for us. 

        I am super excited for the next few episode especially frayed and motel California because we're gonna have some family bonding. Anna and....? Who do you think?

        I have a lot of ideas for those episodes

What are you guys most excited for this season?

        Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

63K 1.3K 38
🎵𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 🎵 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...
27.5K 696 55
DAUGHTER OF PETER HALE FINDS HERSELF IN QUITE THE MESS WHEN SHE GETS BACK TO BEACON HILLS WHERE THERE ARE ALPHAS, KANIMAS, ALPHA PACKS AND MUCH MORE...
16.3K 399 65
Lucy Moore and her brother move back to their hometown, Beacon Hills. This town holds secrets waiting to be uncovered, and when they do, what will ha...
985K 29.6K 47
❝Contrary to the popular belief, there's a very thin & fragile line between saying too much, and saying too little. More often than not, you'll find...