More To Him (LokixReader)

Por destaenywrites

[Under Editing] During the Chitauri Invasion back in 2012, Y/N L/N met the god of mischief in person. After f... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
☆Important Message☆
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
◇Thanksgiving Message◇
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
◇Christmas Message◇
◇New Years Message◇
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
◇Valentine's Day Message◇
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
◇Special Message◇
◇Spacial Chapter◇
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44-Part 1
Chapter 45-Part 2
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Author's Note
Urgent Message

Chapter 12

4.1K 160 76
Por destaenywrites

》Y/N's POV

I kneel right before Odin, feeling my pulse rush and my breath shake. I repeat what I have to say in my mind, waiting for Odin to give me the permission to address him.

When I stand back up he addresses me.

"Astrid, I must say I'm impressed at your capability to hunt down the traitors who were threatening the life of my son. You see, many wish his death, but those who even try to kill him shall see my rage. Loki is different, Loki is troubled, yet even though I angered at him I do not wish any harm to him. He has been warned by me that his actions will have consequences, I am giving him a second chance. Those who try to defy my decision cannot be forgiven. Up until now Loki has not broken any of the rules and has done as commanded. Thanks to you I can rest my worries and watch Loki succeed and become the prince he used to be."

My lips twitch a bit at Odin's words. He expects Loki to be who he once was, and though I have no idea what's Loki's past, I am pretty sure Loki wants nothing to do with who he once was. He wants redemption, but he also wants recognition, which judging by the little time I've stayed here, Loki does not get any recognition amongst the royals or the nobles or the workers. I have heard people praise Thor and even me.

Loki doesn't want his title, be wants recognition and credit for who he is and his ability as an independent individual, just like Thor gets praised for his own abilities and doings, and how many people approach me with admiration and a little intimidation. 

At least that's what I've gotten to see as far as the day he told me I was the key to set him free and to finally get the attention of his father. 

I want to believe Odin is a just ruler and father, but Loki acts otherwise. 

Maybe the whole New York thing wouldn't have even happened is Loki didn't feel inferior. 

"What news you bring me this morning?" Odin asks, his eye scrutinizing my armored form.

"We found the 20 traitors just as the prisoner confessed. The 20 traitors were imprisoned and are waiting for justice to be set upon them. Our main prisoner confessed that their leader hides at the skirts of Asguard, they somehow got ahold of an acid substance that can be found in the wood of trees only in Alfheim."

"Alfheim?" Odin echos, "That seems impossible, Heimdall sees everything that goes on. Nothing can come in or out without him noticing."

I sigh, "I do believe that there must be someone who we trust that must have joined this cult against the prince. Someone from within the palace must be unhappy about your decision. That certain someone must have gone to Alfheim and returned with this liquid, unnoticed."

Odin grumbles in disappointment, his one eye darkens in growing anger. "Who could it be? There is no one I trust more than Thor and my own wife. I don't think Thor would ever raise his hand against his brother nor would Frigga against her own son. You should perhaps search for Thor's friends who were also close to Loki before this whole mess."

I nod my head firmly, "Your majesty, if I may ask, as this hunt still continues, I would like to ask your permission to direct a search for the leader of this cult, with Thor by my side." 

Odin frowns, his forehead creasing. "Why Thor?" 

"Thor should be able to help me find the leader, as I've not spent too much in Asguard, I need guidance. Thor can help me in any case that I find myself outnumbered. He could also be of great help to interview his friends. The fastest and easiest the better it is for us to finish this whole ordeal."

Odin sigh, giving me a pleased nod, "You have my permission. I shall lend you my most trusted men to march to Asguard's outskirts and find this traitor. Bring him to me and win my favor."

I kneel down once more, crossing my arm over my chest, "I will not disappoint you."

Before I go I turn around, "Sir, as you will set rightful judgment to the prisoners, I would only like to ask for one favor if it's allowed."

Odin perks his chin up in interest, "What shall this request be?"

"There's this one prisoner, her name is Stephir, she's a mother. I would like to become their guardian until her crime have been pardoned. I find that it would be cruel to leave innocent children without a mother at such age, a scar that cannot be healed."

Odin sighs, "I shall see to it, you will become their guardian, though I have never seen something as such before."

I panic internally, giving him a fake smile to cover the worry I feel, "I think it's time for things to change your Highness. Compassion has no price. What Stephir did is wrong, but her children do not have anything to do with her doings."

"You are right, Lady Astrid, and I hope you do not make me regret the exception to the prisoners' punishments."

I nod firmly again, turning away to get ahold of Thor I mutter under my breath, "I will not."

I barge into Thor's room and I see he is talking with Frigga. She's sitting by him with a warm smile, her hand on his on. Thor is smiling at her as she talks to him softly. The sight makes me sadden, I start to think about my parents. I miss them dearly and I won't see them for a very long time.

I push away the heavy feeling in my chest and stand straight, clearing my throat to speak up and catch their attention. Sure enough, both of them look over to me with the same confused expression, "I am very sorry for interrupting your conversation, but I need Thor's help at the moment."

Thor frowns, "Is everything alright, Astrid?" 

"I don't know if you have heard, but Loki received two assassination attempts during the day of yesterday and during the night. Thankfully I got things under control and we found the culprits. But there's still trouble."

Frigga gasps at my words. She squeezes Thor's hand, her eyes growing glossy. 

"What trouble? I was not notified of what happened. I heard there was a great commotion yesterday but no one told me it had to do with Loki. Is he alright?"

"Loki is alright. He got wounded but nothing too bad." Frigga sighs, her eyes closing with relief, "One of the prisoners confessed last night. Thanks to him we imprisoned the 20 traitors. The only thing left is the leader and a little lynch that's right in the palace."

"A lynch? In the palace? How come?" 

I sigh, "Odin believes it might be one of your old friends. They might have a hatred directed to Loki after what happened before Midguard."

"One of my friends? But... That's not right... Why would any of them hate Loki?" 

I quirk a brow up, "Why don't you ask them yourself?" 

Thor sighs, turning to his mother. He places a kiss on her temple and smiles weakly at her. "We will resume our conversation later, I must help for the sake of brother."

Frigga smile, caressing her child's cheek with her refined hands. "I understand, go on, I'll visit him."

Thor stands up, leaving his mother's side. We both make our way to a room. Mostly I follow Thor, as I have no idea where his friends hang out at. 

We enter this room which overlooks the city. There's a round sitting area similar to a couch. There's a small pit with lit fire and there's a table with food and a bowl of fruits. They really like fruits, huh?

I follow Thor in and pretty much there's three men laughing and talking and a woman accompanying them. They're all having a pleasant time, such a nice time I kinda feel bad I have to crush their little gathering with the news of traitors. 

"Thor!" The woman calls out when her eyes land on him. She's really pretty. She has long black hair and very light grayish-green eyes. He skin is fair and her simple armor makes her look like a character from an action game. 

"Sif," Thor says, giving her a smile. I'm confused. She's supposed to be Lady Sif? In norse mythology Sif had hair that seemed like gold, Loki cut it off as a prank but that's a story for another day. 

The three men turn around at their exchange to also greet their friend. 

"You brought Lady Astrid with you, huh? You're hitting on Valkyries now aren't ya'?" One of the men says and I frown, a little flustered at them thinking that he would even consider me. 

"Shut up, Volstagg." Thor rumbles, "I brought Lady Astrid with me because we're on a hunt."

"A hunt?" Sif asks, her brows knitting down. 

I step up trying to be more brave in front of who I suppose are the Warriors Three. I explain what happened with Loki and about the traitors and my prisoner's confessions. 

The look shocked at such news. 

"I understand that Loki has done some pretty disgusting stuff, but we cannot overthrow Odin's decisions. If Loki was to have a chance of redemption, we cannot act upon it no matter what he has done to us." One of the other two guys says. He has long dark hair and his eyes as almond shaped. 

"But why would you guys want to act upon it anyways, Hogun?" Thor asks.

The man with almond shaped eyes -Hogun- sighs, "We were forced to follow his orders when Odin was in his Odin sleep. Loki tried to make us leave you in Earth so he could take the throne. He sent the Destroyer after you and we defied him anyway." 

"I know that what brother did is unspeakable, but we have done our mistakes too, Hogun. I put you through trouble when I decided that attacking Jotunheim on our own was a good idea. I was selfish and hungered for bloodshed. Now I see clearly that, that was wrong of me to push you through something that was wrong. Loki... he just wants to be our equal." At the last sentence Thor drifts off, his eyes saddening at a distant memory. I wonder why does it make him so sad.

"The thing is that we must find the last traitor among us. Odin, unfortunately, suspects that it might be one of you."

Sif looks at the Big Three. "Why would it be us?"

I scant their faces. Something I did back home was study my students' faces. I knew when they had been doing bad things, they were good liars but their expressions always gave something away. I knew their tactics and what could give them away. I watch each one of them for signs. I don't see any jewelry on them at the moment but maybe they would be smart enough not to go around showing off the marking of their cult like those who are now imprisoned for being careless.

Sif only looks troubled with confusion as to why Odin would doubt her and her warriors. I discard Sif for now, still noting that just because she's loyal to Thor doesn't mean she'll turn around and back stab us. I look at Hogun is trying to defend the group as Thor keeps talking to him. Volstagg munches on a peach of chicken leg, also contributing to the topic with his own speculations. I discard him and lastly turn to see the only one I haven't been introduced to. Well if we have Hogun and Volstagg then this is Fandral. 

Fandral is biting his bottom lip, his forehead is crowned by tiny sweat drops. He looks at the arguing group nervously, and I watch the gears turn as he starts to stand up to go. 

"Where are you going?" I call out loud enough to catch everyone's attention. Fandral stops on his track, turning to us. "I have some work to finish, as you were speaking I didn't want to bother you all."

I scoff softly, turning to him completely, "Why did you go to Alfheim for?" 

"Alfheim? What are you talking about?" He asks, looking up nervously at the group.

"We found an acid bottled up in a syringe last night, it was about to be used to terminate Loki. No one goes or comes without Heimdall's knowledge. I could walk over to him and ask were where you this past couple of days. But of course I'm being kind enough to let you confess on your own." I bite out, looking at him challengingly.

With a tilt of my head and the click of my tongue Fandral tightens his jaw and clutches his hands into fists. 

"Fandral, what is she talking about? Alfheim? An acid? What is that supposed to do with the other?" Sif asks from her spot next to Thor.

"The acid we found came from trees in Alfheim. No one could have left Asguard unless trusted by Heimdall and Odin. Who does Odin trust the most, Thor, Frigga, Sif and the Warriors Three. I could suspect anyone at this point."

Fandral sighs, his breath hitching and his eyes landing on me, "I had nothing to do with Loki's assassination attempts."

"Why are you so stressed and nervous then?" I ask, looking him over to try to find any other sign I could use to finally get through to him or move over to my next suspect.

"Ah... I... Well..." he stutters not being able to answer.

"To be such an estimable warrior, you're a coward." I say finally noticing the chain around his neck. I grab on to the silver chain and rip it away from his neck. Fandral tries to pry it away from my hand but I smirk victoriously as I finally have the proof: the silver ring with a snake emblem. 

"I got you, in your own lie. Where's your loyalty Fandral? You are shaming your friends and the man who trusts you." I say, dangling the ring up to eye level so everyone can see it. 

"Please Astrid, it's no what everyone thinks!" At his final slip every gasps in disbelief. He finally gave into his own lie and helped me expose him fasted than I thought possible. 

"It is not my responsibility to listen to your pleads Fandral, you are under arrest and will be judged by Odin justly." 

With that as I try to get closer to him but he takes the chance and runs. I sigh, rolling my eyes. "Why run when I already caught you?" I walk towards where he went to and smile when I see that my soldiers got him. Earlier I had asked them to stay close just in case I get the culprit. 

"Thank you all for your help, Thor, get ready to go to the outskirts of Asguard. We're having one last hunt."

With that I leave the four shocked warriors to process what just happened.

A/N:

Ok I said this was the boost for the whole LokixY/N friendship thing, but I realized that I still had a small plot hole and even though we know that the Warriors Three are very loyal to Thor and Odin and wouldn't really go against them, I thought it would be fun to have one of them betray Thor and Odin and be against Loki getting a redemption because of what happened in "Thor" and the whole thing in which Loki tried to get them to obey him and leave Thor to die. 

So yeah, I hope you liked my decision. 

This was quite a long chapter around 7 pages long!

Anyway, thank you for reading!

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter and comment!

Next update on Wednesday for Double Update Wednesday!!!!

(First double update, whohooo)

-Random Potato♡

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2M 66K 57
'You are my Valkyrie. And I would follow you across the nine realms and into eternity.' Tortured by HYDRA and liberated by S.H.I.E.L.D, you join the...
4.5K 369 60
Loki meets you, a sweet girl named Gracie Andersen in New York while on the run and things don't go the way the God of Mischief expected. You turned...
40.7K 1.1K 51
"So the stone wanted to link us together on purpose? Why?" Loki shakes his head. "There's no record of the stone ever doing anything like this before...
1.1M 45.2K 40
🚨[HEAVY EDITING (editing on hold)]🚨 DISCLAIMER! This story was made in 2020 so any information about future Marvel works will be as if the reader i...