HerSelves

By MarieB_5

"Open your eyes" the shrill sound of Sean's voice met my ears again where I stood,lids tightly shut. If only... More

Author's note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Fourty
Fourty-one
Fourty-two
Fourty-three
Fourty-four
Fourty-five
Fourty-six
Fourty-seven
Fourty-nine
Fifty
Fourty-eight
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixtyโœ”
New Book Alert!

Fifty-seven

205 41 10
By MarieB_5

(Unedited)

•Viola•

          I didnt know how long Sean and I spent holding each other on the stage but when we finally climbed down,people flanked around us non-stop,their feliciations flanking around us. I,personally couldnt stop smiling from ear to ear as Sean held me even tighter like I would slip from his hold any minute.

         "Oh Ariana" Mum gushed as she rushed towards us,pulling me away from Sean and into her arms. I stiffened a bit as she'd never done this before but I later found myself relaxing into her pink fluffy shawl over her shoulders.

        "I'm so happy for you my dear" she told me and I managed to keep my smile on as she pulled away. "Thanks mom,dad" I thanked them both after Dad relayed the same words to Sean and I.

        "Ariana my girl!" Sean's Dad chided making us turn to the corner where he was coming from. "Congratulations both of you" he cheered,giving me a hug.

       "Thank you Sir" I quipped in reply.

        "Oh please,call me Dad. I should be thanking you,I never thought I'd see the day that this son of mine would propose to a girl" he teased,throwing a sarcastic glare towards Sean.

        "I told you it would happen eventually" Sean retorted. "Exactly,I didnt know if eventually would finally come" Sean's Dad told him which made us laugh.

        "Your mum would be proud of you Sean" he beamed at him,giving him a tap on his shoulder before moving away.

        "Mum's last wish huhn?"I turned to Sean.

        "Yeah,how'd you know?" He asked back.

         "Might have heard about it a few times from my mum" I explained and he nodded in understanding. "See,I told you you are doing great" I told him as we headed back to our table.

         "Yeah" he started,placing a feather light kiss on my cheek. "You did"

        The real adrenalin rush started when we got to the table and everyone gushed at us and Alaina stole me away from Sean's arms. Our shrieks and squeals filled the atmosphere as they all took hold of my palm and admired the ring.

         "Real freaking diamonds!" Hadley exclaimed as she ran her fingers over the ring. "Newest taken girl in the house!" Nicole shrieked and I realised she had the whole thing on camera.

         "Talk to the ring!" I shrieked,making a confident face as I displayed the ring at the camera before letting out a laugh. The reception of the launch ensued and I could swear all that we did was take pictures upon pictures which I was sure would end up on the gram very soon. Alaina had already updated her status.

         It was like everyone had completely forgotten about the article and everyone was all over the engagement. Even a few workers from the company came over to congratulate Sean and I.

         I later settled beside Sean as the launch went on and I finally noticed that people had started supporting the launch even when the first piece had already been given away. I guessed everything that had happened this evening had gotten to people because the amounts I heard that were brought forward in supporting the launch were almost too outrageous.

         "Congratulations Viola...or is it Ariana now" Boxu started. "Any one you prefer,thank you" I chipped happily.

        "Which ever it is you choose,dont forget to add Maxwell behind it" Sean added which made us laugh,although I couldnt deny the bit of ripples and rush his statement added to my blood.

         All that could be heard for the next half an hour were the squeals from our table as Boxu,who was later joined by the rest of our company got to taking us pictures together as Sean drew closer to me,circling my waist with his hand.

         Very soon,the lights were dimming again as we realised that the launch had been paused and a live performance was about to start.

        "Let me check on something,I'll be right back okay" Sean told me over the high notes that the musical instruments had begun hitting. "No problem" I smiled before he took to his feet and rounded our table.

        "For real,I'm like so freaking happy for you Viola" Hadley quipped as I stopped one of the people going around with trays,picking a glass of transparent liquid from his tray.

        "Thank you" I beamed as they did the same. Boxu made a toast to happiness though we felt a bit bad for doing so in Sean's abscence. Admist everything,I didnt miss how Boxu's gaze kept flickering and sometimes lingering on Alaina,who seemed to rather not notice.

        I gulped down the liquid in one go,convincing myself that the fiery rush I'd felt in my throat was due to the adrenalin and excitement that was currently pumping through my veins.

         "Ahh!" I screeched as the rim of the cup left my lips. "Hm,Ariana should you really be drinking this?" Alaina questioned after she'd taken a sip of her wine glass.

         "What? I'm not some kid,I can handle this" I told her as I picked another glass,returning the empty one from another server that passed by.

        "Uh,I wouldnt be so sure if I were you" Hadley commented with a raised brow as I took a sip from the second cup. For some reason,I felt like the liquid which I'd now identified was actually liquor seemed to be complimenting my excitement perfectly.

        "Neither would I" Boxu added just before Sean settled back into his seat beside me. "Sorry for the...." he started before looking to me and down to the wine glass in my hand.

        I had no idea why,but I knew my head was beginning to feel fuzzy although I couldnt admit it. I just wanted to keep going.

         "....delay" he finished slowly and I raised my gaze lazily to him and gave him a smile,noticing that the live performance which I'd paid little or no attention to had come to and end.

        "Woah,can you handle that candy?" He started with a low chuckle and I bobbed my head up and down in response even though my head had began to feel a bit heavy for me. "That's ciroc vodka yunno" he told me and I shrugged before downing the rest of the liquid down my throat and feeling the same sensation again.

        "I can handle it,just for today" I told him.

        "Why did you guys let her have this?"I heard Sean ask over my hazy hearing as I slowly dropped the wine glass down on the table. I heard a few mutterings here and there before someone reached out for me.

         "Viola!" Sean's slightly strained voice grazed my eardrums as I felt him grasp my arms subtly and I realised my rest on the table had slipped. "I think you've had enough for one night" he chuckled lightly.

         "Ah,I knew this would happen" I heard Alaina chuckle.

        "What? What happened?" I detected the slur in my own voice as my attempt to point at her failed abysmally. "There she goes" Hadley added.

        "I think we'll have to leave soon" Sean stated from my side as he held me in place,a hint of amusement buzzing through his voice.

        "Why? We just got here" I slurred,turning to face him and he looked down at me with something I could recognise even admist my foggy head as an adoring gaze.

        "We got here hours ago" he told me. "Oh..." was all I could get out before resting my head on his shoulder.

        "I should get her out of here,thank you all for coming" I heard Sean greet. "Our pleasure" Boxu replied in the place of everyone.

        "Hey baby girl" Sean started,lifting my head off his shoulder lightly as he helped me up by my waist,holding me closely to himself. "We should get home okay" he told me,brushing off stray strands of my hair away and I smiled back.

        "Please take care of my sister okay" I heard Alaina call out as Sean managed to gather me into his arms properly before picking up my clutch from the table.

        "You mean my fiancee" Sean corrected which caused a brief laughter to erupt and even I gagged from where I stood. It felt nice to hear,my fiancee.

         "Sure thing,she's in perfectly safe hands" he finally replied. "I know she is" Alaina stated.

         After the last exchange of greetings,Sean whisked us out of the venue,following a back path probably so we could avoid the reporters. A few mutterings here and there and I was being helped into the back seat of a car before Sean settled beside me.

         I sighed,throwing my head backwards as I felt the car move. "Are you okay candy?" Sean's voice cut through my fuzzy hearing as I averted my hazy gaze to him. "I....I want to sleep" I slurred lowly.

        "Okay,come lie down here. At least until we get to the house" he told me,tapping his thighs lightly. I smiled as he pulled me closer and helped me settle unto his thighs.

        "That comfortable enough?" He questioned lowly,stroking my hair lightly as my eyes which had become heavy started falling shut.

        "Yeah..." I replied as I adjusted my folded arms on his thighs. I felt him brush off a few strands of my hair before placing a subtle kiss on the side of my face. My lips curled in a smile before my eyes finally fluttered close.

•Sean•

         Each time I looked down at her sleeping figure,I smiled. I'd never seen her tipsy or drunk but watching how bits of pink attacked her cheeks made her look so adorable. She'd told me she was a  light weight so I cant say I didnt expect this the minute I saw a tumbler of swirling ciroc in her hand.

         "Urgh" she groaned just as the car entered the estate and I figured she must have timed out on the surface sleep she'd just had. "What happened baby girl?" I questioned as she sat up,making a wry face and holding unto the choker over her neck.

          "Please take this off,I need air" She started,fiddling with the chain. "Let me do it,dont worry" I told her,gently unhooking the chain and taking it off her neck. "Much better now?" I questioned but she nodded negative. "No?" I questioned again.

          "Why are we here? I want to get down" she whined,reaching for the door handle but I stopped her,locking the door in the process. "You can't get down here candy,the car is still moving" I told her,grasping her shoulders lightly.

        "But I want to get down Sean" she whimpered and I was relieved when I saw the gates of my house come into view. "I'm hot" she whined again.

        "Its okay,we'll get down now" I told her as the driver pulled into the parking lot and I asked him to stop.

         "Finally!" She shrieked as she opened the door and got down,running to the middle of the lot. I laughed,stepping out of the car too as I watched her.

        "How come you're so full of energy?" I inquired as I walked closer to her and the car was driven past us to a corner of the lot. "I'm happy,I'm extremely happy" she gushed with a large grin as she displayed the ring on her finger.

        "I'm glad you're happy,that was all I really wanted this evening" I told her. "Awwn" she gushed,clasping her hands together which made me laugh.

         "I want to take off my shoes" she quipped,gathering her gown in her hands as she walked backwards. "You'll hurt yourself candy and why would you take off your shoes here?" I told her as I trailed behind her.

         She suddenly stopped in her tracks. "So....the answer is no?" She questioned lowly with a hint of sadness. I froze for a minute,watching her features morph into a saddened one. "Uh...no no,not at all" I started which made her smile. "Take them off,anything that'll make you happy" I told her.

          I felt relief wash through me as her grin resurfaced on her lips and I found myself smiling down at her again. "This feels so nice" she chipped,stepping closer to me and interlacing her fingers with mine.

         "This is so soothing" she groaned lowly,stretching both our arms out so only our chests made contact. "The evening breeze right?" I replied as her fingers left mine and travelled up my arms.

        "Yhup,it makes me realise that this is real,its been feeling like a fantasy throughout the evening" she breathed as her arms hung loosely over my shoulders,encircling my neck.

        "It's real" I whispered to her,wrapping my arms around her waist knowing fully well that she still wasnt stable. She smiled before resting her head against my shoulder and I held her in place in our hug.

         "Thank you Sean" she muttered lowly into my chest. "For what?" I let out a low chuckle. "It feels like you picked me up and put me in a safe bubble where I cant just stop being happy.I feel like I can finally be myself. I'm so lucky to have you"

        "I feel luckier to have you" I told her lowly placing a kiss on her head as we stayed in that position for minutes long. "But we'd better go in now because the breeze is going to get chilly soon" I urged as she finally pulled away.

        "To indoors!" She cheered as she began pulling me towards the porch of the house and I couldnt help but let out a laugh at how she still was different things in her state of tipsiness.

         "I didnt know the walk would be this long and excruciating!" She breathed,puffing some hair which I later helped to tuck behind her ears away from her face as we finally reached the porch.

        "Someone really wanted to leave the car" I told her as I helped her finally take off her shoes and slip on a pair of indoor slippers before walking into the house.

        "Still,I'm so parched." She slurred taking a seat on the last stair as we got to the staircase and I figured she'd started sulking. "You dont want to walk anymore baby girl?" I questioned as I crouched down beside her.

         "No" she nodded negative with a low voice. "Then don't. I'll carry you" I told her which made her face brighten up almost instantly. "Let's go" she grinned sheepishly as she held out her arms for me to lift her.

         I chuckled,placing her right arm over my shoulder as I picked her up from the floor and into my arms. It was a bit of a hassle as her gown did have a lot of flares and for the first time,I regretted having made us get this set. But still,I got her to her room,placing her softly on the bed.

        She sprawled herself over the bed as I finally took off her shoes. "That feels so good" she slurred,sitting up and placing her feet on the floor. 

         "We should get you changed" I told her,placing her shoes in a corner of her closet and going further to pick out a set of pyjamas for her. "Cant I just sleep in this?" She questioned lowly as I stepped out of her closet.

         "Do you want to?" I laughed as I helped her off the bed and into her closet. "Nah,its hot" she groaned back,tugging at the neck of her dress. "I thought so" I told her,unzipping her dress,gulping a great deal of saliva as I did.

       "You can change into this right?" I asked her,giving her the set I'd picked out. "Yeah,I'm a big girl" she smiled with partially opened eyes and I smiled,admiring how cute she was this very moment.

        "Okay,I'll be outside. Call me if you need my help" I offered before stepping out of the closet. "Okay" she chipped just before I got out. I propped down on her bed,taking off my suit jacket in the process.

        I took out my phone,replying most of the messages Brook had sent me and checking out the details of the new brand. A few minutes passed and I wondered if she was doing okay. Just when I was about to go check on her,she walked lazily through the door.

        "I'm done!" She announced as I took to my feet. "How'd I do?" She asked,holding her arms and displaying the cotton set of shorts and a free T-shirt. "You did great baby girl,now for your makeup" I told her,taking out the pack of wipes from the draw of her dressing table.

         "Come sit" I urged,taking her hand and pulling her over and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Okay" she slurred as she straddled my legs,wrapping hers around my torso.

        "Good girl" I beamed at her,taking out a wipe as I pulled her closer so she wouldnt fall off. "Would it hurt?" She asked lowly,moving back to avoid my hand.

         "I'd never do anything to hurt you baby girl" I told her with a small smile and I watched as her gaze darted lazily to my lips before she relaxed.

         I was halfway in getting her foundation off when her muttered singing became audible. "Someday my prince will come..." she breathed pulling back abruptly then staring at me before continuing "...we'll find a love anew" I laughed recognising the song from snowhite.

         "What? You have a Duke and now you want a prince?" I questioned I slowly took off the fixed eyelashes then got to taking off her eye shadow.

          "No,princes are boring. Dukes are more classy" she let out in a drawl. "Someday my duke will come..." she started again with a sheepish grin making me laugh as she buried her face in my neck.

          "Just a bit more" I told her as she raised her head again and I took off the rest of the makeup on her face which was her lipgloss before placing a kiss on her lips. "My pretty baby girl" I whispered,my lips grazing hers as I did and earning a giggle from her.

          "Who has to go to bed now" I finished,helping her to the bathroom so she could wash her face and brush her teeth.

         Coming back into the room,I placed her down on the bed and tucked her into the comforters. "Are you leaving?" She dawdled,tugging at my shirt. "No,not at all,I'll be right back after I shower" I told her taking her hand in mine even though I didnt have that plan in my mind but I couldnt disappoint her slumbering yet expectant features.

         "Okay,I'll be waiting for you" she said as her eyes slowly fluttered close. I gave a low laugh,knowing the irony of her promise as I tucked her hand under the sheets before standing up and exiting the room not forgetting to dim the lights before I did.

         I slowly shed off every piece of clothing on getting into my room before taking a warm bath which did help to soothe all the tangled up nerves in my body due to all the pressure I'd been through over the past weeks. I felt like everything had finally paid off.

          I recalled the first day when the thought of proposing to her came to my mind,it was actually after my talk with Gwen in Malibu. I was almost mad at myself for thinking that when we were actually in a bit of a situation but a side of me still seemed to embrace the idea.

         When she decided to come out to the world as Ariana,I just felt like that solidified my plan as I started giving it more thought. I didnt even know when I'd started browsing for rings and at a point,I decided to get it customized.

         I had to push the date of the launch a week farther because the ring hadnt been ready at the time,everything got me a bit busy but I had to applaus myself for doing a good job in keeping it away from her. I'd never forget the large surge of emotion that gushed through me the minute I heard her reply.

         I'd been nervous as well as ecstatic but I wanted to show her that I would go to any length for her. Seeing her so happy made me feel and watching the launch skyrocket,I didnt know if there was a better feeling that that. It was funny how neither of us seemed to remember or care that we were actually betrothed. We just continued doing our thing and following our own flow.

         Slipping a pair of black joggers and a white cardigan on,I picked my phone from the bedside table before heading out of the room.

         "Sean,is that you?" I heard her low voice call as I turned the knob of her door. "Yeah,what happened baby girl?" I asked moving closer to where she had her knees to her chest. "Cant sleep anymore?" I inquired as I climbed onto the bed,drifting closer to her and wrapping my hand over her shoulder.

        "No,theres thunderbolts and it's sort of disturbing" she explained and I finally took notice of the pouring rain outside the window.

         "Okay,come here" I told her,picking a hairband from her bedside table,removing the hairpins in her hair and pulling her bouncing curls into a loose ponytail atop her head.

         "I'm here now okay,dont be scared" I told her,gathering her into my arms and I felt her relax into the bed and my hold. "Feels so much better" she slurred lowly,nuzzling her face into my neck.

         "Goodnight candy" I whispered as she wound her tiny arm around my torso and I placed a kiss over her head,dimming the lights even more and turning off her beside table light before the night carried me along.

•Uma•

         "Why the hell is everything falling apart?!" I yelled over my lungs,banging the tablet on the table as I glared at Nathan and Xander.

          "I told you this made no sense in the first place,now she's completely come clean with her second identity and Duke dude has covered it up with their engagement which is an even bigger news. Didnt you think it would be easier for them if she's a Lady?" Xander retorted nonchalantly.

         "In summary,you were just too slow and unsmart about it" he chided. "I didnt see you bringing any better ideas" I fired back at him,feeling steam come off from my nose.

         "I told you what we have to do Uma,its simple. I'm wanted in this country currently but I want something else,you can have what you want if you give me what I want" he explained with a sly smirk.

         "Here I was thinking you were the more humane one" I scoffed,understanding fully well what he was implying. "The minute I'm found harbouring you Xander,I'll be as much wanted as you are" I told him.

         "A girls got to do what a girls got to do right?" He chuckled. "So what do you say?" He asked.

        "Fine,let's do it" I gave him a reply after a while of thought.

         "Wise decision" he commented,with the same sickening smirk.

          Heyyyy guys! Hows everything going? So yeah,our story is actually coming to an end now,it wouldnt be more than three chapters to go,sigh🥺😪.

          I still love y'all lots,please do vote and comment.
-Your view on Sean and Viola right now?
-Our babies are engaged guys,who's happy?💃💃
-Does anyone find the engagement too impulsive?

         Please do comment!!! Thank youuu❤.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 504 16
Being the King's girlfriend is a demanding role, and when you're as terrible at keeping a lid on your emotions as Ruby is, it becomes nearly impossib...
836K 19.3K 41
[Small Town / Second Chance] When Jennifer heads back to her hometown after ten years to celebrate her grandmother's 70th birthday, she knows she'll...
35.4K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
815 50 41
At 24 years old, Audrey is slowly achieving her dreams. A teacher, working in a challenging, rough-around-the-edges high school, every day is differ...