Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

L

2.9K 74 15
By laix_x

Chapter fifty

•Morgan•

Dinner ran smoothly after the slight hiccups after Manuel arrived. Surprisingly, he behaved, until he dragged me into his office. "I know who you are". Fuck. "And I know what you're here to do".

"And I suppose you're here to threaten me into not doing it", he chuckles, leaving me confused.

"No. I'm here to tell you to do it—".

"Dad?" Rafael walks in. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, we were just having a little chat", I look at Raf who looks back at me, questioning if what he's saying is true. I nod and he gestures for me to leave, so I do.

"There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere", Romeo walks over to me. "You ready to go?" I nod, following him to say goodbye to his family.

After we say goodbye to his aunts, uncles and cousins, we make our way into the kitchen to see Diana and Abby. "Hey, you guys".

"Hey, mom. We're gonna leave now", he walks over to hug her before hugging Abby.

"The food was amazing. Thank you or the invite", I say to Diana as I hug her.

"Are you kidding? You're part of the family", she pulls away and I move over to hug Abby.

"We should hang out", she pulls away and puts both hands on my shoulders.

"Y—yeah, okay, sure", she smiles at me as I walk back to stand beside Romeo.

"See you guys later", he waves before putting an arm around my shoulders and leading me out the door. As we reach the car, I blast the heat and turn on the radio to listen to the Christmas songs playing. As we drive back, Romeo's hand switches to my thigh, lightly rubbing his thumb across my leg.

When we pull up into his drive, he gets out and takes my hand to lead me inside, telling me he wants to show me the gifts he bought me. "Slow down", I chuckle as he pulls me up the stairs to our room.

"Okay", he stops, turning to face me. "First gift is in there", he backs into the room, leading me inside.

"Oh my god", I chuckle, looking at the giant stuffed bear laying on the bed. "I love it, thank you", I jump on it, feeling how soft it is.

"Okay okay, next one", he walks over to sit in front of me. "Here", he hands me two pieces of paper he slid out from under my pillow.

"No way", I look down at the plane tickets. "Bora Bora?" He nods. "Thank you", I stand from the bear, jumping on to Romeo to hug him, making him fall backwards on to the bed.

"We leave tomorrow", he mumbles before pecking my lips. "And come back on the second of January".

"Now on to my gifts", I get up and walk over to the closet, pulling out a large bag. "I can't really compete with Bora Bora, but here", I slide the bag over to him.

He begins taking things out from the bag one by one. First he takes out the watch I bought him. I noticed how he always has to take his phone out to check the time, so I got him a watch. "These are awesome", he tells me as he takes out the pair of customised sneakers I bought him before going on to the next gift.

"Look", I shuffle towards him as he opens the next gift. "You have this one", I hand him the black bracelet. "And I'll have this one", I put on the other, white bracelet. "And when we hold hands, they attach", I show him, entwining our hands.

"I love them", he pecks me on the lips quickly, before opening the final gift. "No way—", he drops it before picking it back up again. "You got me a signed Jets jersey?"

I was a little confused when he told me his favourite football team are the Jets, seeing as we don't live in New York, but I didn't question it.

"Yep", I grin as he stares at it, starstruck.

"Thank you", he drops it to hug me, pressing a kiss to both of my cheeks before reaching my mouth, lingering there for a second before pulling away.

"Wanna go watch a Christmas movie?" I ask, hopefully.

"Okay", he chuckles at me.

"Yay! Put this on", I throw him the onesie Max got him as I change into mine.

"Really?" He groans, looking over at me.

"Yes", I finish zipping up mine, waiting for him.

"The things I do for you", he mutters jokingly, standing up to change into it as I clear the pieces of wrapping paper off of the bed and into the bin.

"You ready?" I turn around to see him standing there in the dark brown, fluffy bear onesie, with the hood on covering his pouting face. "You look adorable", I tell him honestly as I wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head up to look at him.

He doesn't answer me. Instead, he grabs my waist and hoists me over his shoulder, carrying me into the living room. "I love you", he hums as he sits me on the couch, taking a seat beside me.

"I love you", I smile, moving over to straddle him and lean my head on his chest as he wraps his arms around me, staying there for a while.

Why did Romeo's dad tell me to do it? That makes me not want to do it even more.

My brain wanders off as we sit in silence, enjoying each other's company.

Unless that's what he wants, for me to not do it by telling me I should do it.

I feel Romeo rub his hand up and down my arm and press a tender kiss to my forehead. "I'm gonna go put the movie on", he lifts me off of him and gets up to grab the remote before returning back and laying down with his head on my lap. "What movie?" He mumbles, scrolling through the movie list.

"Ooh, let's watch Christmas with the Kranks".

✯✯✯✯

I'm pulled out of sleep by my phone ringing. Romeo and I are still on the couch with the third Christmas movie still playing. I carefully slide out from my spot, trying not to wake him as I walk into his office, answering the call. "Dad?" I answer, confused why he's calling me in the evening, especially when I called him and Gabe this morning to wish them—and mom and Ellie—Merry Christmas.

"Morgan", he replies. "I need to speak to you urgently, and this probably isn't what you'd want to be hearing on Christmas".

I hesitate, "what is it?" 

"You need to complete your mission as soon as possible".

"Okay", I keep my voice strong, however inside I'm freaking out. "He's taking me on a vacation for a week, so I'll do it after".

"Yes. Make sure you send me an update of when and where".

"Mhm", I take a deep breath.

"Okay, that's all. Goodbye", he hangs up.

"Yeah, bye", I mumble, stuffing my phone into the front pocket of my onesie.

I walk back into the living room to see Romeo still sound asleep. Without waking him, I carefully press a kiss to his head before making my way upstairs to change into a pair of jeans and one of his hoodies. 

Quickly, I make my way out to my car and drive down to the cemetery, wrapping my arms around myself as I walk through the gates. "Hey, Parker", I sit opposite the grave stone, crossing my legs. "Um, I have some stuff to tell you", I wipe a stray tear from my cheek. "I can't go to my dad because he'll get mad, and he's scary when he's mad; I can't go to my brother because I'm already embarrassed enough that I admitted to him that I love Romeo; I can't go to Hayley because she's even scarier than my dad", I chuckle, wiping my damp face. "It's not like I can go to my little sister or my mom; Hayden won't listen; Ava, Sam and Jacob are—I don't know. I definitely can't go to Max because everyone knows he can't keep a secret, plus, he can't know anyway. And I sure as hell can't go to Romeo", I sigh, picking at the grass. "I'd come to you if you were here so, here I am".

I look around, thinking of where to start. "I'm in a mafia", I blurt. "Well, I'm—I'm actually the leader of a mafia but—yeah", I rub my nose. "I'm on a mission to make Romeo fall in love with me and then kill him, but I can't. My dad wants me to kill him next week, but I—I don't know if I'm going to do it. I mean, I still don't even know why I have to do it. Dad said something about killing the leader because their mafia is catching up to ours, but I don't think that's it. If you kill the leader, they'll just get a new leader, the whole mafia won't go down".

I continue talking to him for a while until I hear my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, babe. Where are you?" Romeo asks, groggily.

"I'm at the cemetery", I tell him.

"In the dark?" He questions. "You want me to pick you up?"

"No thanks, I drove".

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit. I love you".

"I love you, bye", I hang up, putting my phone back into my pocket and turning to face Parker's grave. "Bye, Parker", I turn on my heel, walking towards my car.

short chapter and boring, sorry about that. but it's almost finished omg

uan:
im sad. one, the fact that parker is dead still makes me sad (stupid, i know). two, the book is almost over. three, i swear no one reads this anyway, and even if they did they wouldn't get this far :/. but yeah :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 8.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
4.5M 69.9K 32
Dante Romano, the most powerful Italian mafia leader is forced to pick a bride by his cruel father in a week. When a man betrays his trust and steals...
536K 14K 35
I woke up because I felt something on my throat making it hard for me to breath, I look up to see Leonardo is looking down at me while smirking, his...
1M 16.5K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...