Pyaar Se: An Innings At Love

بواسطة thekriti

They say that getting married is your happily ever after. But is it really if it's an arranged marriage? -Na... المزيد

copyright
characters
dedication
02. the truth
03. the preparations
04. the aftermath
05. the attraction
06. beast full of rage
07. the new comfort
08. we are better than this.
09. by her side
10. hey mom
11. a for awkward
12. perfect mess
13. falling hard
14. dubai
15. the opening ceremony
16. test day 1
17. test day 2
18. test day 3
19. falling, fallen
20. good food & work
21. interview & a girls' date
22. feelings
23. first kiss
24. paris & anxiety
25. c'est paris bébé
26. what's life without a little adventure?
27. fuck it
28. after I met you
29. my favourite feeling
30. jump (18+)
31. amor
32. kitchen
33. tease
34. home
35. the dinner
36. bunny's birthday pt. 1
37. bunny's birthday pt. 2
38. I'll miss you
39. distance
40. england
41. wicket
42. safe place
43. hospital
44. mumbai meri jaan
45. twin flame
46. healing
imp
47. doctor's
48. before dawn
49. dawn
50. match 1
51. backlash
52. calm & chaos
53. muscle mehra
54. the semi-finals
55. the world cup finals pt. 1
56. the world cup finals pt. 2
57. to Naman
58. after hours
59. breakfast in bed
60. babysitting yukti

01. the rishta

5.6K 223 9
بواسطة thekriti

I loved you, before you even looked at me.

Kriti's P.O.V

I was sleeping peacefully until the alarm clock started banging on my head.

Ugh, I want to throw it out & sleep. But, obviously I can't. So, I push myself from the bed & drag my body to the bathroom.

I freshen up & then quickly dress up because I am clearly late for work, & I hate to be late. I go down & grab myself a toast & leave with it, in my mouth.

Kriti's Oufit:

My office is just walking distance from my home & there's a Starbucks on the way as well. So, I grab a Coffee for myself & as soon as I started leaving the shop, someone bumped into me & I, accidentally, spilled the coffee on the person's shirt.

"Fuck" I shouted & looked at that guy. He looked kinda hot & he had the sharpest jawline, I must add. But that's not the main thing. I felt as if I have seen him somewhere, maybe he's a model or something.

The person's outfit:

"Can't you fucking see?!" the guy yelled & I came out of my trance.

"Excuse me?! You bumped into me." I yelled back & he was a bit taken aback by my reaction & I have no idea why.

"I bumped into you?! Don't you think I have a lot of other things to do." he again yelled.

"Whatever" I muttered & rolled my eyes & started walking towards my office. I just took a couple of steps, until I felt a hand pulling me behind. I immediately turned back. And, it was the same guy.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked tightening his grip on my hand. I freed my hand off of his.

"And why should I tell you that, Mr. Whatever your name is?" I asked & I think I sounded a bit annoyed, because I was annoyed as fuck.

"Naman." he said

"Huh?" I asked in the state of sheer confusion.

"My name is Naman." he said, with his voice filled with attitude, as far as I could figure out. He also looked confident.

"Good for you." I said a bit savagely.

"And please don't tell me you pulled me back for introductions, because I'm not at all interested." I said looking at my watch.

"Well, I am also not interested in these stupid introductions. I pulled you back because you're gonna pay for my ruined shirt." he said.

"What?!" I spoke, okay, I yelled.

"You heard me." he said rather calmly than his usual tone.

"Don't you have a freaking washing machine?!" I again yelled.

"I do, but you see I was going to a very important meeting & now you ruined my freaking outfit. So, I can't let you go without paying." he said with his usual confident face & voice.

"Firstly, I didn't bump into you. You bumped into me & secondly, I have some work to do unlike you and I am getting late. So, fuck off." I said & left. I don't know what his expressions were when I left because I didn't turn back to look at him, obviously.

I reached to my office & started my work. I was working peacefully until I got a call from my mom.

"Hello?!" I said.

"Kriti, where are you?" she asked.

"In my office mom, where else do you think I'd be?"

"Kriti, you are very late." she said.

"And please remind me for what am I late for?" I asked confusingly.

"I told you, you have to meet this guy for your wedding." she informed.

"When?" I questioned.

"Ohh, I must have forgot. You have to go meet a guy & your marriage is fixed with him. You are just going to meet him to know a bit about him before the wedding." she said.

My mom has been after me so that I get married. It gets so annoying at some points that I just snap. Indian parents and they're fetish to get their children married as soon as they turn twenty five. I was twenty seven, actually, but it doesn't matter. I get to choose when I wanna get married!

"WHAT?! MOM YOU'RE TELLING THIS TO ME NOW?! MOM, IT'S ABOUT MY MARRIAGE AND HOW CAN YOU FIX IT WITH SOMEONE WHOM I HAVE NEVER MET?!" I snapped.

"Kriti stop shouting. I am your mom & I don't need your permission to take decisions about you. You are going to meet him & get married to him. That's final. Beta, try to understand he is from a well reputed family. He will keep you happy." she said as if everything was normal.

"MOM I CAN TAKE MY OWN DAMN DECISIONS. AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE." I yelled again. My rage was out of my control & I felt right at my place, I mean how can she do this?!

"KRITI, STOP ARGUING. YOU ARE GOING THERE THAT'S IT. I will send you the details." she yelled at first but then she spoke calmly.

"But mom--"

"No IFs & BUTs. Beta, the guy is the captain of the Indian team. He plays really well & I've seen him on the TV, he earns well too. He is an absolute gentleman & his father is your father's very dear friend. When you were born, he promised him that you would marry his son. And now it's time to complete that promise." she said rather coolly.

"What?! A promise?! A promise is making me marry an unknown guy. Mom, how could you?!" I said & I felt so broken that I couldn't explain it in words.

"Beta, if he was not a good guy then I would've immediately declined the proposal but he is an amazing guy & now it's your age to marry also." she clearly said that to convince me.

"Ugh, FINE. I'll go meet him but I am not confirming anything right now. Bye." Without waiting for her reply, I hung up.

Then, a message popped on my phone. It was mom's.

The Message:
Mom: Venue: Hotel Grace Inn
Time: 7 pm
Kriti, you HAVE to marry him.
You have no other option. And,
I'm sure you'll like him too.

After reading the message, I felt like beating someone. But, I had to control my anger & for that I sat peacefully for sometime & then, I checked the time...it was 6:30 pm. I got up from my cabin & went to the washroom to just do a bit of a touch up to look sane. Then, I booked a cab to the hotel.

After sometime, I reached there & entered the hotel. Then, I asked the receptionist if there was any booking by the 'Captain of the Indian Cricket Team'. Yes, I didn't even know his name. How stupid of me.

The receptionist took me to one of their private seating table. There was just a table for two & no one else was there except me. I made myself comfortable on one of the chairs until I heard some noises & I thought that he might've arrived.

Then, I turned back & saw someone whom I never wanted to see again...Naman.

Author's note:

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter & if you did, then make sure to give it an upvote & comment as well.

Also, add this book to your reading list to be updated every time I put up a new chapter & don't forget to follow me.

I love you N, always. <3
I love you guys.
Stay safe.
प्यार से,
K.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

129K 12.3K 27
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
675K 35.9K 44
Original Book It's story of two people who are coming from different background but knot by Destiny. Meet Sanyukta Agrawal, a shy and timid girl with...
1.2M 57.1K 68
#1 in Forever together. #1 in First Attempt. #1 in Arranged Love. Karuna Singhania: She belongs to a typical Indian family where a girl has many rest...
1.1M 71.8K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...