โžต ๐๐‘๐Ž๐‰๐„๐‚๐“: ๐€๐‘๐„๐’ [๏ฟฝ...

By space-lattae

๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ค๐™›๐™›๐™ž๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™š๐™๐™ฎ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ'๐™จ... More

๐๐‘๐Ž๐‰๐„๐‚๐“: ๐€๐‘๐„๐’
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
"F*ck everything, but especially f*ck this sword."
"Time to do something stupid."
"It's lonely in here."
"NO, you thirsty gardening tool!"
"Do you want me to set anything on fire?"
"What is this... Sherlock? My name is not Sherlock"
"Sorry, daddy's boy, I don't think that's how it works"
"Do you have anything with strawberries?"
"By god, Taehyung- this is my BOSS!"
"You don't protect someone from a thing like me"
"What happened? Did you lose an eyelash?"
"WHY IS ZEUS TRAPPED IN YOUR WALLS?"
"I am unable to let Morpheus take me into his realm either"
"Taehy- oh for heaven's sake"
"It is not funny! You did this on purpose!"
"Been there, done that."
"You cared, then?"
"Monsters? As in more creepy stuff from Greek myths?"
"Good with your hands, huh?"
"Call me Tae, pretty one"
"Hey, I'm just sayin' it like I see it!"
"This isn't lust, is it?"
"Prepare for incoming nosebleed-"
"Did you just say TAEHYUNG?"
"She's driving me insane."
"You think I'm handsome?"
"STOP CHASING ME WITH THAT FLYSWATTER OF CERTAIN DEATH THEN!"
"It's FRUSTRATING, you illiterate swine-"
"Baby, sweetheart, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š..." [take 2]
"Stop staring, you idiot, you're so obvious it hurts."
"It was them, then."
"Then leave it! Leave her be, Tae!"
"There's that smile."
"Don't tell me you're jealous of a textbook."
"He is NOT in the mafia!"
"Taehyung, I told you to stOP THAT-"
"Wait, so- WHAT exactly is going on?"
"Don't you get it? I'm going to miss you."
"HE'S SO WHIPPEDDDD."
"What's with the questions?"
"So? You like him?"
"You're safe. Thank the gods."
"I did good, right?"
"Leave my coffee out of this, you heathen!"
"Don't start!"
"Don't touch me."
"I don't need your pity."
"It's lucky I'm good at making you laugh."
"Take my hand."

"Gods, what have I done to deserve such a beautiful smile?"

692 69 73
By space-lattae

"All I'm saying is, don't you think we should try to get our minds off all of this right now? We found Tae after almost a thousand years, by all the gods— can't we celebrate for at least one night before getting all worked up over his bastard brothers?"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was how the dumbf*ck nation of Jeon Jungkook convinced everyone in the room to take Taehyung out to dinner— and you by extension.

"Son of a b*tch," you muttered in sheer irritation, cursing Jungkook with every fiber of your being. To be fair, you'd really only gotten acquainted with the dude that very day, but between the prancing on your marble counter and the loud, sleazy comments and now this, the idea of taking Taehyung to a 'celebratory dinner' when there were way more important things to be discussing and him somehow convincing everyone to listen to him— lord above, it was a miracle you hadn't strangled him already. "F*cking son of a f*cking b*tch—"

"Love!" a familiar voice rang out obnoxiously cheerfully on the other side of your bathroom door, husky as ever and laced with a teasing undertone, "Love, I'd like to know who you are cursing with every breath right now, if only to be wary when you finally open this door. It isn't me, is it?"

You let out a long sigh, shooting a look at the door. No doubt Taehyung had already effortlessly gotten ready with the clothes Seokjin had managed to snag from his mother's store just for this reason (ugH, rich kids) and was looking like the incarnation of sin just to piss you off or something.

Or maybe to seduce you. There was a fine line between those two endeavors, and anyone who walked it was flirting with death, really.

Too bad Kim Taehyung seemed to really enjoy flirting with death.

At the moment, you were gripping the sink, staring at your reflection in the mirror as you adjusted the elegant outfit Seokjin had thrown at the back of your head when he'd been sifting through clothes like one of those sassy French stylists and you'd tried to make a smooth getaway before he could saddle you into something ridiculous.

No such luck.

You glared hard at the gaping v-neck of the ivory silk blouse you were donning, the buttons only there for aesthetic purposes, clearly, because there was no way to close them up and at least create the impression of modesty. Tucked into a dark skirt that hung to your lower thigh with a few aesthetic flaps and a prominent belt and adorned with a small, black Gucci buckle and once again wearing the laced, tall skater boots you'd been flaunting last night (because no matter what the hell Seokjin said, there was no way you were stepping into those ridiculously high-heeled cream pumps he'd shoved into your arms), you felt a tinge of self-consciousness flood you even though you looked incredible— almost like a CEO, really. It was professional and elegant, even if it was slightly revealing.

You fingered the gold hoops in your ear, remembering with a faint smile the nervous little girl who'd offered them to you, shyly saying that they'd suit you. She had actually been quite beautiful, with stunning auburn hair and an aura that made her seem like she was made of crackling leaves and firelight and autumn rain. Seokjin had later hold you she mostly likely a daughter of one of the Horae, a season spirit who served Aphrodite.

He'd also told you she was an autumn spirit and was part of the reason it had been so damn cold in that building.

Your little smile faded when you remembered exactly what had conspired in the 39th floor of that exact building. What Aphrodite had told you, what Seokjin, you, and Taehyung now knew who was keeping you and Taehyung twisted together... and how you were going to be able to free yourselves from it.

Screw this, honestly— you seriously wanted to be done with this demigod nonsense already. Your life had been so much simpler and chill back then; you hadn't have had to deal with crazy and jealous gods and demigods with daddy issues because you'd been dragged into this mess.

Shame, though. Aurem and Hana (who you'd come to discover through text that she was the one who drove both you and Taehyung home last night) had been calling and texting you all day, trying to make plans for a girls night. They weren't exactly uncommon for you three, but ever since Taehyung had materialized into your life in a cloud of red dust, they'd been pretty scarce. Matter of fact, you realized, you'd been making yourself scarce, and your friends had noticed.

With a grimace, you texted that you wouldn't be available tonight and waited for the onslaught of pissed off caps lock.

"Love, are you coming?" Taehyung knocked on the door as he spoke, voice somewhat softer this time, "Y/N, if you really don't want to go, we don't have to, you know that?"

That was rich, coming from him. Jungkook had thrown the idea out there, and everyone had agreed, and Seokjin had instantly jumped into action and you had whirled around to get the f*ck home before you were dragged into any of it.

Unfortunately, even though you tried to reason that the boys should take the time to catch up with Taehyung by themselves, they seemed hell-bent on dragging you along (with the exception of Yoongi, who couldn't care less; and for this, you had fostered a small inkling of respect for the grumpy son of Hades). Especially Taehyung. Lord above, the man had literally wrapped his hands around your waist and refused to let you go, refuting every single one of your protests and giving you puppy eyes and really, what were you supposed to do when presented with that face? Say no?

"Funny," you said dryly while ruffling your hair the slightest bit to make it seem effortlessly windswept and then dragging the faintest bit of tinted gloss over your lips before making your way to the door, "I seem to remember something totally different the last time I said I wanted to stay home."

You heard Taehyung's rumbling chuckles outside the door. "Fair enough, love. But still— oh gods."

You opened the door in the middle of his sentence.

He never finished it.

Taehyung cursed quietly under his breath as he glanced at you and then did a dramatic double-take. All you did was choke and stare right back.

Life wasn't fair, you decided as you stared at the wholea*s buffet that was Kim Taehyung in all his shining glory in front of you, adorned in a simple black button-down and an undone cream-colored tie dangling from his neck, the casual black blazer on top of it being loose and yet somehow fitted as hell at the same time, revealing the broadness of his shoulders and the slim, slender build of his waist, tucked into dark, ripped jeans so damn skinny you wondered how they were considered acceptable wear in the first place. Taehyung's legs were LONG, you decided, long and built and every single flex of his thigh was somehow the sexiest thing you'd ever witnessed. Paired with his already-ethereal looks and chocolate brown eyes that glimmered gold like maple syrup held to the sun with every twist of his head, your breath was very effectively stolen as you gazed at him, fingers going slack around the doorknob.

On the bright side, though, it didn't look like Taehyung was faring any better. 

As soon as you had shoved the bathroom door open, annoyed at his persistent knocking and lightly glaring at him, you'd been met with a low curse in a language you didn't quite recognize. Taehyung had met your sharp gaze and you heard his breath audibly hitch, his lips parted and eyes blown wide and dark. His hand, which had been lifting to his face to perhaps scratch the back of his neck, froze in mid-air, prompting you to notice the way the black gloves on them emphasized the slender, firm cut of his fingers.

You felt another stab of self-consciousness as the demigod in front of you slowly dragged stray strands of his scarlet hair out of his eyes and slid his gaze up and down your figure, lingering a moment too long on the exposed, glimmering skin of your cleavage so generously provided for him by your damn v-neck. Oh, you were going to kill Seokjin for this, making no mistake.

Well, maybe you weren't considering how amusing it was to see Taehyung struggling to swallow as he gaped at you.

The spike of intense satisfaction that worked through you at the sight of Taehyung so enraptured was slightly worrying.

"Taehyung?" you feigned disinterest while swallowing back your thudding heartbeat and quirked a brow at the silent demigod, clearing your throat and snapping your fingers in front of his face. "Eyes up here, boy."

Taehyung blinked and coughed, a small grin making its way over his face as he zoned in on you. "Gods, you're stunning," he breathed, taking a step closer and letting his gaze flicker to your exposed cleavage once more, "remind me to thank Jin hyung later."

You flushed and swatted at him, causing him to huff when your backhand hit his defined stomach. "You're such a pervert, my god!"

Unabashedly, Taehyung smirked and wet his lips. "You notice only now, darling? Maybe I should make myself more clear, then."

You just stared at him incredulously for a moment before shaking your head, ignoring him for a moment as you thought and then swiftly striding to your bedroom to collect a black choker you bought would go fairly well with this outfit. Taehyung watched you reappear with a faint grin as you moved to get to he living room past him to collect the ivory and gold handbag you'd left on the counter. "Bastard," you finally muttered, shaking your head, "I cannot believe I agreed to go to this dinner with you."

Really, you only agreed to go because of two reasons— one, because Taehyung and Joon had teamed up against you for once with their puppy eyes and their pleading and you didn't have the heart to give in. 

The other was that this dinner was where you, Taehyung, and Seokjin were going to reveal what exactly had happened in Aphrodite's office, and what she had said. The curse. Who exactly had been tampering with it. Why they had been tampering it. 

And, you added with a faint shudder rippling down your spine, how to break it. 

"Love?" 

You blinked, Taehyung's gentle prompt jolting you out of your thoughts and making you glance at him, eyes still guarded. When he caught sight of your gaze and the way you'd carefully shut down on the emotions inside you, he sighed. "You spaced out, love," he hummed gently, bringing a hand up to sweep his thumb along the underside of your neck and jaw, "are you alright? I feel your worry."

Sighing, you attempted a half-smile to reassure him. "Tae, I'm fine," you said softly, looking up and him. There was a moment of silence as Taehyung considered your words. Before you could think, though, he leaned down and cupped your face in his gloved hands, letting his face drift so close to yours that your foreheads were almost brushing.

"I know what you're thinking," he declared after a heartbeat of silence, "and I want to tell you to stop thinking it. Listen, love, don't worry about what Aphrodite said. She and all her children tend to be dramatic— we'll still figure it out, okay? We'll get the curse broken and be having mind-blowing sex in no time."

Well, he wasn't wrong (and it shocked you how easily he'd read you, how flawlessly), but the way he worded that really didn't do him any favors. 

Damn this boy and his dirty mind. 

"Wha— Taehyung, what the F*CK—!" you yelled, making the red-haired demigod chortle with laughter as you ripped his hands from your face and lunged at him. And to think, you'd been softening at his sweet, encouraging words (even if he had gotten you internal tumult wrong and somehow only managed to make you feel worse; it was the thought that mattered, right?) only for him to do a whole 180 into thinking with his dick yet again.

"Ouch, don't hit me!"

"Then don't say sh*t like that!"

"Okay, okay! I won't!"

After a minute of chasing him best you could in your heels, you stopped and glared at him with an expression that said 'try that again and I'll rip your heart out and feed it to my pet sharks'. 

Taehyung still shook with laughter, but after a moment, once you had turned away, he carefully followed you to the counter. He tilted his head at the annoyed expression that decorated your face and paused for a moment, just watching you sigh. "I'm... sorry?" he offered, making you snort and raise an eyebrow at him. He tried to hold back a grin at your reaction, but continued to watch you with faint concern. 

"Pretty, please tell me, are you really okay?" he asked genuinely, once again trying to read into your discomfort, "I— if this is that you do not want to come to this dinner, love, we certainly don't have to!"

"Really, if you're that uncomfortable, we're don't have to, you know? We can stay home and call the boys another time and on the plus side, only I would get to see you like this," he winked at you and he dragged his gaze over you once more, making you snort and glare once more. "But in all honesty," he softly smiled at you, taking your hand in his as he spoke, "we could just stay home. Call it off. Um, watch that Sherlock show you enjoy. I'm sorry if I pressured you— I was just excited."

You couldn't help the softening of your gaze as Taehyung's suggestions. How was a person so effortlessly sexy and yet fricking adorable at the same time? How was he so sweet and caring? You were supposed to be irritated with him, but it just wasn't possible. 

How was he pulling you like he had control on all your strings?

"Tae, it's alright," you assured him, the previous incident all but forgotten, pulling your hand from his grasp, "I know you missed your friends like crazy, and I'm not going to take that from you. Besides," you added with a wry grin, "Joon would probably lose it if I stayed alone with you and we told him outright, you know?"

Taehyung scrunched his nose up and scrutinized you as if to check for a lie before shaking his head. "Yeah, hyung would probably try to rip my head off."

"He thinks you're assaulting me or something," you snorted. Taehyung let out a streak of laughter.

"As if I could ever!" he protested, "You terrify me, darling. If what just happened was any indication, you probably rip me to shreds before I could blink."

You grinned mischievously at him. "That's exactly what I said."

Taehyung smiled back.

After a moment of silence, Taehyung, oddly, was the first to look away. "So, we're going," you reiterated and Taehyung beamed, gaze jumping from being trained on the floor back to you again and headed for the door before you caught him by the collar and pulled him back, "but NOT like this."

You gestured to his unmade tie, to which he furrowed his eyebrows. "Jin hyung told me it went around your neck..." he trailed off awkwardly, "is this not how you do it?"

You stared at him for a minute before huffing and yanking on both ends, inadvertently tugging him closer. Taehyung's breath hitched when you did just that, stumbling slightly and eventually letting his hands drift up to your waist to steady himself. You ignored him, ignored the way he leaned closer than strictly necessary and let his breath fan over your exposed collarbone.

"You're so much work," you muttered under your breath, and Taehyung let out a breathy laugh at the words as he fixed his eyes on your face, watching you tug your bottom lip between your teeth as you focused on the knot.

"You love me," he drawled teasingly in your ear as you finally wrapped the tie around itself and pushed the knot up to the collar loosely, because you didn't think a tight, stiff tie was really Taehyung's style, especially since this man-hoe had left the first few buttons of his shirt open to reveal the barest hints of his bronzed chest like the cocky tease he was.

Snorting, you shook your head, ignoring the offhanded compliment and focused on the tie. When you were satisfied with the purposefully messy vibe the tie now gave off, you glanced up and were met with Taehyung's dark chocolate eyes staring into yours, the flashing gold syrup flecks in them wavering as you stared. Almost awkwardly, you laughed and looked down.

"Baby, are you planning to let go any time soon?" Taehyung smirked after a moment and with a jolt, you realized you'd been fingering the silky ivory material, inadvertently pulling the demigod wearing it closer to you. With a flush, you quickly let go and backpedaled, trying to disregard the heated stare Taehyung insisted on pinning you with.

You rubbed the back of your neck and ducked your head, cursing yourself for getting so flustered. It really didn't help that you were now fantasizing about pulling Taehyung in for a messy, feverish kiss by yanking at his tie and keeping it fisted in your hand. Ughhh, your brain. Stop, brain, I command you to STOP.

"So, are we going?" swiftly, you shook your thoughts away and threw your car keys in the air and caught them, shooting Taehyung a half-smile.

With a grin, he playfully bowed and pulled the door open for you like he always did before following you into the hallway and pushing you, yelling, "I'LL RACE YOU TO THE CAR!", despite you wearing heels and going down the elevator anyway.

This chivalrous little sh*t indeed.

"Taehyu— Taehyung, do NOT run down the stai—!"

THUMP.

"My head still hurts," Taehyung whined as you sighed exasperatedly and kicked the car door open. This boy was a thousand years plus old, with the voice of a dragon and the face of an angel and the mind of a perverted high schooler and the common sense of a puppy on crack.

"Well, then, you shouldn't have ran down the stairs backwards," you said flatly, slightly vexed and yet sighing as you made your way over and opened his car door for him, "really, Taehyung, at least THINK about the things you're doing before you do them!"

Taehyung, despite claiming his head was in pain, swung his legs gracefully out of the car and stood like a flippin' Gucci model or some sh*t and tilted his head, grinning lopsidedly at you. "Aww, pretty, if I didn't know better, I'd think you cared about my well-being."

"Haha, shut up," you shot, flipping him the finger and sighing at the delighted laugh that followed, "no seriously, we're already late and I don't think Joon'll be happy if we show up any later."

You glanced at the building from the coordinates Namjoon had sent you. Jesus, if you had to pay for your food tonight, you were going to be more broke than you already were after this, but at least you would eat well. Maybe it was Namjoon's way of apologizing that you had to be dragged along for this, because he knew you loved this restaurant when you could afford it.

The sky glittered with more stars than you usually saw this far in downtown and the night was cold, making you hug your arms close to your chest and rub them. First it was those autumn Horae in Aphrodite's Gucci lair of epic proportions, and now this. You intensely disliked the cold.

Taehyung noticed the way you shivered as you two walked. "Cold, love?" he inquired softly, drawing nearer to you.

"No," you huffed stubbornly, making Taehyung laugh softly.

"You know," he hummed conversationally as he disregarded your denial and wrapped an arm around you, filling you with a sparking warmth that had nothing to do with the extra layer his jacket provided an everything to do with how he felt against you, "doesn't this remind you of something?"

You furrowed your eyebrows for a moment before realization dawned on you. "The water fight," you grinned up at Taehyung's taller frame with a small laugh. With the beaming, boxy grin you recieved in turn, you knew you'd guessed right. This entire scene— the way you shivered, the way Taehyung asked, the way you denied— a pang of reminisce hit you hard. That memory of you and Taehyung's first true day together had really only been a testament to how the relationship between you had grown.

No matter how you tried to deny it, the two of you had gotten closer. The way you two fell into easy banter and conversation and gentle touches was enough to tell that, really.

"You're still stubborn," Taehyung ducked his head to whisper in your ear as if he could literally hear your thoughts about how things had changed, his words filling you with more heat than you needed, "but between you and me, I do believe you may be warming up to me, love. You're no longer as stiff as a board, right?"

That was true, you realized. Taehyung's touch no longer bothered you as it once did, and instead of straining against him, you rather felt yourself melting into his heat. Perhaps he had desensitized you to it from hugging you and flirting with you and placing his hands on you so often.

But whatever the case, the point was, you had now reached a level of comfort with Taehyung that had previously been reserved for only your brother and maybe Soobin.

"Oh, keep dreaming," you muttered instead, glaring at Taehyung with no real weight, and watching him chuckle and pull back, expression smug, "god, you're insufferable."

"And you're absolutely beautiful," Taehyung murmured, gazing down at you with hooded eyes glittering with the sweetness of honey and chocolate. A searing heat blazed through you, but you just scoffed and rolled your eyes. 

"Oh, shove off, Casanova,"

"Oh, there's no need to be rude," Taehyung huffed playfully and chuckled when you flipped him the finger. "Well, darling, now that we've established you look positively brilliant, care to tell me how I've cleaned myself up as?" he hummed after a moment, eyes bright and twinkling with mirth, "It's only fair you return the favor."

Well someone was in a good mood, it appeared.

You rolled your eyes at him and flicked him in the shoulder because damn it, he undoubtedly knew by now that he was looking dangerously sexy in all-black. "Yeah, well," you sighed dramatically, trying not to let the smile you felt creeping up on you show and tug your lips up, "I suppose you look decent."

Taehyung barked out a laugh from beside you, pausing for a moment as you neared the door of the restaurant and spun you around before placing one arm on the wall so he was towering over you and leaning like one of those suave f*ckboys from the movies, his tie still undone and dangling from both sides of his collar, making him seem all the more languid and mischievous. "Just decent?" he teased.

"What were you expecting?" you shot back, fighting to keep your gaze unimpressed.

"Hot as hell?" he offered, laughing when you snorted so hard you almost fell over, "Intensely attractive? Too f*ckable for my own good?"

You stared at him for a moment before burying your face in your hand and groaning. "I can't with you anymore," you muttered, trying to hide the laughter that Taehyung's ridiculousness threatened to rip out of you, "I want a refund."

"Aw, baby," the son of Ares twisted his lips in mock-sympathy and slung his arm over your shoulder (something you had now come to realize the man was incredibly prone to doing), tugging you close to him. "Poor you, ensnared in a curse with this fine specimen. I am certain you will never recover."

You once again flipped him the finger and shoved past him, and yet you did nothing but again try not to smile when he laughed and jogged to catch up to you and tugged you close to him again, making you stumble and laugh despite yourself when you tripped over your heel and he caught you quite easily. 

"Oh my," he breathed, sweetly gazing down at you as your eyes flicked up at him and the stars glittering in a gorgeous halo around his head, making him look even more like an angel, "gods, what have I done to deserve such a gorgeous smile?"

You forgot how to breathe. 

It was warmer inside the restaurant once you two finally entered the place, but Taehyung's arm didn't retract from its place on your shoulder. An impressive display of cheesecakes meeting your eyes as soon as you two walked in. Taehyung stared at one with strawberries decorating the exterior so hard that you giggled and elbowed him lightly in the stomach. The dude had a huge sweet tooth, probably because he'd emerge been able to taste anything quite so laden with sugar before in his time. "After dinner," you warned, making the red-haired son of Ares sigh dramatically with his arm still around your shoulder.

"You are killing me, pretty one, you know that?" he whined. You rolled your eyes, still smiling as you walked up to the young woman behind the little desk in front. You couldn't help but feel a scoff rising in the back of your throat as you caught the way she ogled at Taehyung, the way she sat up straighter and the way she pushed her cropped platinum blonde hair back behind her ear.

And goddamn it, Taehyung undoubtedly noticed. He wasn't stupid, even if he acted really dumb at times. An in any case, the little smirk that flickered over his annoyingly perfect face for a moment was indication that he knew exactly what he was doing without even trying.

Cocky bastard.

"Um, table for 8, reservation for Kim Namjoon?" you cleared your throat, internally cheering at the steady, nonchalant tone that you managed to procure. The young lady behind the counter let her gaze flick to you and you thought you saw a hint of disappointment flicker through her pretty, pale blue irises.

That's right, sweetie, this one's eye candy and the best part is, he's mine.

Wait.

WAIT.

Where the hell did THAT thought come from?

You did not just think that.

You DEFINETLY did not just think that.

The waitress behind the counter must have read the grimace on your face for irritation at her, because she fumbled nervously with her notepad for a moment before speaking in a rush. "Ah— wait. Did you mean under Kim Seokjin? Because that's the only one we have for 8, and I think 6 of that party arrived a few minutes ago."

"Taehyung, hang on a minute," you hummed quietly while gently pushing Taehyung's arm off you to peer over her clipboard, just to make sure. Curse these men for not having an ounce of common sense. The son of Ares huffed at the loss of contact, and the woman in front of you peered curiously at him while you stood behind her and looked for the reservation. He winked at her playfully when she caught his eye, and you fought the urge to groan when she flushed bright red.

F*ck's sake.

"Ah, okay. That's us, thank you," you smiled politely at the woman beside you and she nodded back before gesturing for you to follow her. You waved Taehyung over.

With yet another curious glance as the way Taehyung affectionately poked you in the shoulder as you walked and you brushed him off, still slightly annoyed with him for his flirty antics, the woman nervously smiled at you. "Just wondering..." she awkwardly asked, "is he your boyfriend?"

You should have said yes. You should have jumped at the opportunity to prevent this girl from asking for his number, because, um, he kind of most certainly did not have one and THAT would be pretty awkward to explain.

But for some reason, you didn't, instead pausing for a heartbeat too long— perhaps because you were irritated beyond belief that Taehyung was still being flirty and annoying. It bothered you far more than it had before, but you couldn't quite place why. Taehyung shot you an odd glance when you didn't say anything.

"Yes," your head jolted up after that beat of silence when Taehyung's smooth bass cut through it, a smile on his face as he wrapped an arm around your waist this time, tugging you close to him, "yeah, this is my girlfriend."

You swear to god it took more effort that you had ever expended in your life to keep your face solidly neutral when all you wanted to do was gape up at this confusing, confusing demigod like a dying clownfish.

"Baby, its been months and you're still shy?" Taehyung purred in your ear, loud enough for the woman beside to hear, "Yah, don't tell me you're embarrassed even now!"

Well damn right you were embarrassed, but mostly because you couldn't compute what the hell was going on. Why did Taehyung say that? Why did he label himself as taken when he could have easily had a chance to work his otherworldly charms on someone that wasn't your aggressive, snappy a*s?

The questions bubbled on your tongue, but you but them back.

Instead, all you managed to force out was your classic, "Shut up, Taehyung."

The laughter the echoed from him, husky and deep as ever, seemed all too familiar and yet all too strange at the same time.

The woman beside you, surprisingly, gazed softly at the scene and nodded, full, painted lips quirking up. "You've probably been told this before," she started, "but you two are awfully cute, you know that? You just seem to... match, you get what I'm saying?"

You stiffly smiled at her, not sure what to say, but Taehyung beamed and nudged you. "Yeah," he husked, staring down at you with soft, melted eyes that you wanted nothing more than to fall and lose yourself in, "damn right, we've heard that before."

Your head started to spin.

There was no way Taehyung actually liked you— the kind of like that was more than just a f*ck, more than based on shallow delight and physical appearances. There was no way he wanted to be the person to kiss you to sleep, to sing in his beautiful voice when you were feeling down, to press your shoulders after a long day of studying or goof around in the library when he brought you food to cheer you up. There was no way he wanted to be the one to cheer you on at your Model UN debates or to take you on dates and kiss you gently innocently, softly, just because you'd done something you yourself loved and you deserved the world for that.

Taehyung didn't do that. Taehyung, you reminded yourself, was a sleazy, cocky, stupidly strong, annoyingly seductive and attractive demigod with less than an ounce of common sense, a superiority complex, and the attention span of a pea. At least when it came to women.

You knew he was physically attracted to you. You knew that— it was so obvious you'd be ashamed to your linage if you didn't get it.

But that wasn't enough for you. You weren't going to let yourself be overtaken by delusions again.

But maybe... just maybe...

With a glance at a still-grinning Taehyung, eyes soft and grip gentle and smile genuine, as pure as he could possibly get... Life really wasn't fair. Taehyung most certainly had the looks of a Greek god, with the defined planes of his face, his large, intense, chocolate brown eyes that gleamed gold like maple syrup held up to the sun when he shifted his head, the elegant, sharp slope of his nose, and oh f*ck, his perfect, cupid's bow lips. He sure was something to look at. But you were only focused on what he had done, what he had said, his words of how you were beautiful, how he teased you, how he was sweet and kind and cared and how he chose to do what you didn't, how he was somehow satisfied with YOU, as if you were enough...

You were going to screw yourself over if you kept thinking this way.

But despite your logic, despite your reasoning, despite everything that would have stopped your drizzle of wishing thoughts from growing into a storm of speculation and theory, there was the smallest part of you, a part that had been dormant for a long time, awakening.

A part of you that did nothing but say f*ck it.

A/N: Here we go fam I know this was very filler but I hope you enjoyed the figuring out of feelings on both sides— try and figure out Tae's POV about it lmao. Also, what do you guys think Aphrodite told them? Who do you think are the two brothers trying to keep Taehyung in the sword?

Ughhhh it's all coming together and I'm LIVING for it.

Also, guys, I'm a flipping genius— I told you guys I fractured my left arm a few weeks ago, right? Well, guess what? While I was playing tennis yesterday, this idiot managed to sprain her right wrist as well. I keep hurting myself kjkfjdslk I'm such a mess—

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 1K 40
โชBTS - ๋ฐฉํƒ„ ์†Œ๋…„๋‹จโซ โHis dreams come true, so do his ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด.โž โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...
25.1K 3.3K 37
|fetus writing alert| This is the story of a young Indian girl who ended up in South Korea to meet her bias and her favourite boy band- BTS. But some...
20.6K 2.8K 37
Everyone knows how the main lead comes into the person's life and sweeps them off their feet. How it's like love at first sight and everyone cheers...
182K 8.3K 69
"You've decided, here and now, the next time you have the opportunity to be alone and intimate with Yoongi, you won't stop yourself. You are drawn to...