Spunset: Spider-Man Male Read...

By EliTheTechnique

Get ready to be taken for... THE ULTIMATE SPIN! Y/N L/N is bitten by a radioactive spider when his family mov... More

Reader's Bio
Chapter 1 - Things Change
Chapter 2 - The Spider Bite
Chapter 3 - New Kid In Town Pt.1
Chapter 4 - New Kid In Town Pt. 2
Chapter 5 - New Powers, New Me
Chapter 6 - So You Think You Can Be A Wrestler?
Chapter 7 - Spider-Man The Wrestler
Chapter 8 - A Mysterious Night In Canterlot City
Chapter 9 - Welcome To CHS
Chapter 10 - Meeting The Squad
Chapter 11 - Choices And Consequences
Chapter 12 - The Dazzlings Stir Up Some Trouble
Chapter 13 - The Princess Returns
Chapter 14 - The Sleepover/New Suit, Same Old Y/N
Chapter 15 - A Friendship Long Lost
Chapter 16 - The Battle Of The Bands Begins
Chapter 17 - The Main Event
Chapter 18 - Absolution
Chapter 19 - Happiness Is The Smell Of A New Car
Chapter 20 - All's Fair In Love, Cupcakes, And...Gaming?
Chapter 21 - Prepping For The Friendship Games
Chapter 22 - The Shadowbolts Arrive
Chapter 23 - It's The Friendship Games!
Chapter 24 - The Epic Finale
Chapter 25 - After The Games...
Chapter 26 - I.S.A.A.C. The Spider-Bot
Chapter 27 - Silk And Spidey
Chapter 28 - Vultures And Dates Don't Mix
Chapter 29 - Welcome To Camp Everfree
Chapter 30 - Let The Good Times Roll
Chapter 31 - The Rainbooms Get Magical Powers
Chapter 32 - Make The Magic A Part Of You
Chapter 33 - The Truth Of Gaea Everfree
Chapter 34 - The Battle For Camp Everfree
Chapter 35 - Who You Are Meant To Be
Chapter 36 - Pipelines, Protests, And Pessimists
Chapter 37 - Taco Tues-DAYYY!
Chapter 38 - A Blizzard In Summer?!
Chapter 39 - Movie Magic
Chapter 41 - Mirror Magic Pt. 2
Chapter 42 - Beach Dayz
Chapter 43 - Kraven's Not-So-Amazing Hunt
Chapter 44 - Sweet Dreams...
Chapter 45 - The Vulture Strikes
Chapter 46 - 12 Days 'Til Christmas
Chapter 47 - Chillin' With The CMCs
Chapter 48 - Operation: Help Santa Claus?!
Chapter 49 - A Holly, Jolly Christmas
Chapter 50 - Saturday Night Primetime
Chapter 51 - Dazzling Snow with A Chance Of Miles
Chapter 52 - Mr. Stultify/Sinister Schemes
Chapter 53 - Chinatown Chase & A Crazy Day
Chapter 54 - The Final Swing
Author's Note
2nd Author's Note/Blooper, Extra, and Alternate Scenes
Quick A/N *Must Read*: Spunset 2 News

Chapter 40 - Mirror Magic Pt. 1

877 9 1
By EliTheTechnique

Earlier that day at The Canterlot Mall...

Juniper Montage was walking towards her new job as a movie theater usher and was wearing her uniform.

She passes by several kiosks before 8 TVs are placed together to make a larger display start playing one of the hottest pop songs in Canterlot City...

Dance Magic!

A/N: You can play the whole song if you want to

Rainbooms (On TV): "It's Dance Magic, once you have it--"

Juniper looks at the screen and grunts before walking away. She looked ahead at another TV and saw Rainbow Dash flip her hat around and turn her head in the music video.

Rainbooms (On TV): "Let your body move--"

She turns away in frustration.

Juniper Montage: "Those girls!"

Rainbooms (On TV): "--step into the music!"

Juniper Montage: "Urg!"

She tries to avoid the music being played all around her but she immediately almost comes face-to-face with Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Sunset Shimmer dancing on an 80-inch TV.

Juniper Montage: "Ugh!"

Juniper stands in the middle of the mall corridor but couldn't walk anywhere without hearing and seeing Dance Magic on dozens of televisions all around her.

Juniper Montage: "UGH!!!" She starts walking backward and talks to herself. "First, they get me kicked off the Daring Do set, and now--"

Juniper bumps into a movie poster on the stand near the theater. She whips around to see that it was the Daring Do poster. In the bottom right corner, the Rainbooms and Y/N standing in unique poses as their movie characters

Juniper Montage: "Oh! They're everywhere!" She pulls her pigtails in annoyance. "I bet they'll be at the premiere tonight. And I'll probably be the lucky one ushering them to their seats!" She makes an usher motion like she was guiding someone to their seat at the end. She then grunts and shakes her fist.

In anger, she slaps the stand twice, shakes it vigorously, and drops it into the ground which makes it go flat.

While an elderly woman nearby gasps in shock, Juniper looks at the stand in disgust.

Juniper Montage: "One day, I will have my revenge! I swear I will--"

Her walkie-talkie buzzes which catch Juniper off guard.

Juniper's Boss: "Juniper! Where are you?"

She rolls her eyes before grabbing it off of her waist.

Juniper's Boss: "We need you at the popcorn popper, stat!" Juniper moves her free hand to look like a puppet and mimics her boss's voice silently with a fish face.

She decides to pretend to make walkie-talkie noises while looking at her nails because she disliked her job.

Juniper Montage: "What was that? Boss." She makes more fake noises. "Can't hear you." *more 'walkie-talkie noises* "Losing you..."

She walks to a nearby sunglasses kiosk and talks to herself again.

Juniper Montage: "If those girls and Y/N hadn't shown up, I would have played Daring Do. Tonight would have been about me! I would have been a star."

She tries on red and black star-shaped sunglasses and poses. The employee who was on his phone turns around and lowers his sunglasses to look at her he shakes his head in disapproval before going back on this phone. Juniper picks up a mirror and looks at herself.

Juniper Montage: "You're right. They are a bit much." She admits.

When she looks down to try on another pair, a light blue magical sphere passes through a window above her and swirls downward until it hits the mirror. The regular mirror transforms into a magic-infused diamond mirror with a small purple crystal at the bottom and a thin purple trim around the glass.

Juniper sees her normal reflection with a more standard pair of sunglasses on her face.

But suddenly, her reflection turns into a beautiful movie star version of herself with luscious, flowing green hair instead of pigtails.

Juniper Montage: "Yah!"

She squeals and drops the magical mirror onto the floor in shock but it doesn't break. She looks around before looking at the mirror.

Juniper Montage: "What was that?!"

Juniper reaches down and touches the glass of the mirror magic in a light blue aura swirls around her finger.

Juniper Montage: "Aah!"

The new pair of sunglasses she was trying on fall onto the floor.

Juniper looks at the employee nervously but, he was still scrolling on his phone and had not noticed any else that was happening.

She gets curious about the mirror insides to pick it up and put her regular glasses back on. Are no more reflection once again transforms into her reflection into her movie star counterpart, Superstar Juniper? The superstar's beauty and grace make Juniper gasp in awe.

Juniper Montage: "Incredible!"

Juniper's inner selfishness and delusional ego get the best of her as she grows a few dollar bills on the kiosk's counter and starts walking away.

Juniper Montage: "Keep the change." She tells the employee who wasn't listening. "Something tells me that this thing's worth it...

Juniper gazes at the mirror and smirks at her new-found reflection.

Now inside of the movie theater, Juniper was on standing behind the concessions counter. But instead of working, she was watching her Superstar version of herself getting her picture taken by multiple unseen cameras. Microphones being held by multiple unseen media members surround the movie star while she poses for the adoring paparazzi. It seems that the more Juniper looks at the mirror, the more selfish and self-conceited she becomes.

Juniper Montage: "It's like this mirror is the only one around here who gets me..." She says with a smile.

Juniper's Boss: "Ahem!"

Juniper quickly hides the mirror behind her back as her boss extends a broom for her.

Juniper's Boss: "Popcorn spill at the condiment counter. Clean it up." He orders.

Juniper scoffs.

Juniper Montage: "Does this look like someone who cleans popcorn spills?" She shows him her new mirror to show him her superstar reflection but all he sees is his reflection.

Juniper's Boss: "No, it looks like someone about to fire somebody." He raises his eyebrow and hands Juniper the broom. She sighs in defeat and walks away.

Juniper angrily sighs before dropping the broom next to the popcorn spill.

Juniper Montage: "Ugh! This is the worst. *gasp* I know what will perk me up, a little mirror-me time!"

She grabs the mirror out of her front pocket and looks at it.

It glows for a moment before displaying her superstar reflection signing autographs for a bunch of unseen fans. She winks at Juniper which makes her giggle.

Juniper Montage: "That's more like..." She hugs the mirror and looks at the ground.

Juniper Montage:" I wish this popcorn would just clean itself up so I could just stare at you all day." She says to the mirror.

She points it down but then, the mirror started to take a low!

A blue beam shoots out of the mirror and sucks the popcorn up. Once it stops, the mirror loses its' glow. Juniper looks at it in shock as her boss stops behind her with wide eyes.

Juniper's Boss: "Wow."

Juniper hides the mirror behind her but realizes her boss didn't know the mirror was magical.

Juniper's Boss: "You're done already?" He scratches the top of his head while Juniper gives him a sheepish smile. "I'm impressed."

He walks away as Juniper turns around and looks at the mirror in puzzlement.

Juniper Montage: "You and me both." She laughs nervously and observes the border of the mirror.

Present time

Juniper was scooping up some popcorn from the machine and dropping it onto the floor.

She wanted to test the mirror again to see if what had happened earlier was just a fluke or if the mirror could be wielded.

Juniper Montage: "Mirror, pick up this popcorn."

She commands to no avail.

Two girls that were waiting to be served look at her in confusion.

Juniper Montage: "Mirror, I command thee. Pick up this poppage of corn."

Nothing happens.

Juniper Montage: "Why won't this thing work anymore?"

Juniper picks up another scoop and was about to drop it when one of the girls watching clears her throat and speaks up.

Girl: "Uh, we are going to eat some of that."

Her friend crosses her arms and nods in agreement. Juniper sticks the mirror near their faces and scowls.

Juniper Montage: "Mirror, make these annoying people go away!"

While the mirror did nothing, the two girls left anyway and whispered to each other in annoyance.

Juniper looks at the mirror and smirks.

Juniper Montage: "I guess that kind of worked."

Pinkie Pie: "JUNIPER MONTAGE?!"

Juniper yelps and drops the popcorn on the counter.

Juniper Montage: "Oh great, it's none other those girls..." She mumbles.

The HuMane 6 all walk up to the counter and were surprised to see the girl they had exposed only a couple of weeks ago.

Applejack: "What in the blazes are you doin' here?" She asks Juniper. 'Probably up tah no good I reckon.' She thought.

On the other hand, Pinkie was ecstatic to see her.

Pinkie Pie: " Were you invited to the Daring Do premiere too? Ooh, that's exciting! No, concerning! No, just no!" She looks at her friends who are all raising their eyebrows at her.

She sheepishly smiles and looks back at Juniper.

Pinkie Pie: "No offense."

Juniper Montage: "I wasn't invited to the premiere." She starts brushing the popcorn off of the counter. "My uncle some strings and got me this job." She answers.

Fluttershy: "Y-you work here?"

Juniper Montage: "As little as possible." She kicks the popcorn on the ground to the side and straightens her uniform.

Rainbow Dash: "You know, if you hadn't tried to sabotage the movie, you could be celebrating with us." In the end, Juniper goes wide-eyed and grits her teeth.

Juniper Montage: "Ugh!"

She walks to the side and exits the concession area before confronting the HuMane 6.

Juniper Montage: "This should be my night! I would have found a way to be in the film if you all had just stayed out of it! I would have been Daring Do, everyone would have loved me! See!"

She points the mirror at the human 6's faces but, like everyone else, all they can see is their reflections.

Sci-Twi fixes her glasses before approaching the mirror and looking at it closely.

Pinkie Pie: "Say what?!"

The girls talk to each other in whispers as Juniper looks at the mirror herself and groaned.

Juniper Montage: "Don't you all see what's right in front of your noses?!" She angrily sighs. "Urrrgh! I wish you'd all just go away and leave me alone!"

The mirror glows and like a black hole, with a blue hue, sucks up for the Humane 6. They yell and scream until they all disappear into the mirror. A green-colored surge of energy swirls around Juniper's right arm and makes her eyes glow a pure light green for a moment.

She shakes her head and smirks before looking at the mirror in satisfaction. Juniper spots Fluttershy's butterfly barrette on the ground and decides to place it on her uniform.

Juniper Montage: " Looks like I may be finally getting the hang of this." She says with a chuckle.

The mirror transforms her reflection again and this time, her superstar counterpart was alone and is looking back like she's looking at a mirror as well.

Superstar Juniper giggles before waving at her.

Superstar Juniper: "Hello, me."

Somewhere in the mall...

Sunset and Starlight were walking through the mall after you had dropped them off.

While Starlight was enjoying a three-scoop ice cream cone, Sunset looks at her phone with concern.

Sunset Shimmer: "6 cell phones, all straight to voicemail." She taps her phone which makes a bloop sound.

Starlight Glimmer: I'm sure they're around. What's the worst that could have happened? She gets back to licking her ice cream.

Sunset Shimmer: "Magic is on the loose here now and it does not work the same way it does back in Equestria."

She stops which makes Starlight stop abruptly to look at her. The top scoop of her ice cream falls on the ground but she doesn't notice.

Sunset Shimmer: "Any number of terrible things could have happened." Sigh. And lately, I spend 80% of my time thinking about them."

She looks at Starlight and sees her ice cream mustache and smiles nervously.

Sunset Shimmer: "My friends are probably fine, I'm overreacting...but maybe not?" She shrugs anxiously. "Can't tell anymore."

Starlight Glimmer: "This is the problem you wanted to talk to Princess Twilight about, right?" She asks. "Because you can still talk it over with me if you want." She offers.

Sunset reaches into her bag and pulls out her new journal and a pen.

Starlight Glimmer: "O-or you could just journal with Princess Twilight about it. Whatever works."

She goes back to licking her ice cream while Sunset thinks for a moment before putting her journal away.

Sunset Shimmer: "It's just... I know me and my friends have been given special powers for a reason and I want to be ready for whatever gets thrown at us." She says before looking down. "I guess knowing that makes me feel like I can never really let my guard down. So I just end up obsessing about it and I can't get out of my own head."

Starlight Glimmer: "Hmmm, that is a toughie. Guess my advice would be to just trust things will work themselves out in the end. If you spend too much time worrying about the bad things that might happen..."

Starlight tips her cone to the side while advising Sunset as drops her second scoop on the ground but neither of them notices this.

Starlight Glimmer: "...you'll miss out on all the good things that are happening."

She looks at her cone in confusion as she only had one scoop on her cone.

Sunset Shimmer: "Like how Princess Twilight's student is teaching me a lesson right now?" She says with a smirk.

Starlight Glimmer: "Yep. Like that." She licks her ice cream in content which makes Sunset chuckle.

Sunset puts her arm around Starlight and leads her toward the movie theater.

Sunset Shimmer: "Come on. I'm sure they're fine. Maybe even Y/N beat us there. "

They both smile at each other and walk together.

Meanwhile...

After being sucked into Juniper's magical mirror, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Sci-Twi were standing around each other while observing their surroundings.

All they could see was each other, a white floor, and what appears to be an infinite white expanse all around them.

Rarity: "Uhhh--any clue yet where we are or what just happened?" She asks the others. "Anyone?"

Pinkie was standing alone a few feet away from the rest of the group and pretends like she's a detective.

Pinkie Pie: "Pinkie Pie is on the case!"

She proceeds to tilt the fourth wall from side to side like a camera. When she stops, turns back to the rest of her friends.

Pinkie Pie: "No wall over here!"

EliTheTechnique: *silently facepalms*

Pinkie Pie: "Come out, come out, walls!" She calls out before skipping away. "Wherever you are!" She appears back in the frame from the right side and is now walking. "I don't get this place." She disappears out of frame again but this time, she comes back and passes by a confused Applejack.

Pinkie Pie: "There's no walls anywhere."

Suddenly, a large portal opens above the six girls at a 45-degree angle. It has a blue-and-pink trim around it and its' center resembles a slightly darkened mirror.

As Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Sci-Twi gaze at the portal in surprise, Applejack starts pacing between Rarity and Sci-Twi.

Applejack: "Somehow, some way, that dang Juniper sucked us all inside of dat mirror of hers!"

Sci-Twi: "With some kind of limbo behind it." She adds.

Fluttershy: "I think I may be freaking out a little bit." She says with a subtle, but paranoid look.

Rainbow Dash: "You call that 'a freak out'?" She questions.

Fluttershy: "It's more of a deep down inside freakout." She says with wide eyes.

No one says anything for a moment.

Pinkie Pie: "On the other hand..."

Fluttershy": "Aaah!" She reacts.

Pinkie Pie: "...there's popcorn in here!" She throws up a handful of popcorn that was randomly on the floor and eats some of it. "Mmm, sticky."

Rarity: "How could this happen on the evening of my very first movie premiere? And on the day after I return from my annual trip to Brooklyn? Of all the nights, curse you, Cruel Fate!" She says dramatically.

Rainbow Dash: "Not our number one priority right now, Rarity." She reminds her with a deadpan look. "Drama queen..." She mumbles.

Rarity: "True, but perhaps we can agree it's in the top five."

Applejack: "Is there really no way outta here?" She asks her friends.

Just then, dozens of small, brown-colored objects start flying out of the portal and pelting the girls.

HuMane 6: "Ow! Ouchie! Aaaah! What in tarnation?! Yippee! Ow, ow, ow!"

Rarity: "Oh my heavens, what's that?!" She says while generating a small diamond shield to protect herself and Fluttershy who was close by.

Rainbow blocks a few projectiles with some quick-timed karate chops before she snatches one out the air and looks at it.

Rainbow Dash: "Chocolate-covered almonds?"

Sci-Twi tries to shield her face from the almonds with just her hands but, she soon comes up with a solution.

She touches her necklace with one hand and with the other, she uses her telekinesis to stop the rest of the almonds from hitting her and her friends.

Pinkie Pie: "Dibs!" She exclaims before she starts chomping down almonds like Pac-Man.

Back at the movie theater...

Juniper Montage smiles deviously after she finishes sucking up several boxes of chocolate-covered almonds while the movie theater's lobby was empty. She sucks up the boxes as well before heading back to the concessions counter.

On the other side of the lobby, Sunset and Starlight happily walk together inside the theater. But when Sunset sees Juniper gazing at her mirror behind the counter, she loses her smile and takes Starlight's hand. She then hides with her behind a claw machine and peeps her head out to look at Juniper.

Sunset Shimmer: "That's Juniper Montage." She silently tells Starlight while glaring at the girl she was talking about.

Starlight Glimmer: "No!" She gasps silently. "Who's that?" She asks with a sheepish smile.

Sunset Shimmer: "She's trouble."

Starlight gains a concerned look as she peers Juniper through the glass of the machine.

Sunset Shimmer: "Huh. Why does she have Fluttershy's hairpin?" She points out a butterfly pin on Juniper's uniform and glares.

Sunset Shimmer: 'I need to text Y/N!' She thought as she grabs her phone out of her purse.

Starlight Glimmer: "What are you doing?" She asks out of curiousity.

Sunset Shimmer: "I'm texting Y/N." She answers as she frantically types a message.

SunnyShim (Sunset texting): Me and Starlight spotted Juniper in the movie theater. I think she works here, but there might be an emergency

Y/NTheHero: Juniper?! What are the odds of that?

SunnyShim: You tell me

Y/NTheHero: On my way! I'm like 6 minutes away, just don't do anything too crazy

SunnyShim: I'll be careful

Sunset then turns to Starlight and hands the curious student her purse and her phone.

Sunset Shimmer: "Wait here for me. And if Y/N calls or texts, tell him what's happening."

Starlight Glimmer nods and watches as Sunset gets up and prepares to confront Juniper Montage.

Author's Note: To be continued...

Make sure to comment, follow me, and vote on your favorite parts of the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.6K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
29.8K 647 30
Childhood friends and pokemon rivals. What's the worse that could happen? Pokemon and all characters are owned by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo. A...
2.8K 79 12
This story is a huge inspiration of a MLP story called: "My Little Dashie" by ROBCakeran53 on a FIM (Friendship is Magic) Fanfiction website. This is...
136K 2.8K 20
Amethyst discovers that in his spare time, Steven likes to visit (Y/n), Beach City's most well known shut- in resident. Though (Y/n) is aware of Stev...