Light Or Dark

By cpt_HoodGirl

Becky Reyes is a 16 years old normal high schooler until she figured out that she was born with something wh... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 06

54 8 17
By cpt_HoodGirl

New white rays shone through the window curtains. It was pouring it's brightest on my face. It felt refreshing although it woke me up. I wandered through his room. It was like I wanted to know more about him. Something in the corner stole my eyes. I paced towards it.

It was a book shelf which was almost touching the roof. He owned books in every genre. He had the whole Harry Potter series plus   Cursed Child. One more thing, I'm a huge potterhead and I do snoopy happy dance when I meet another potterhead. Only in my  mind as I don't want to scare them away. Kat always teases me whenever I meet a new potterhead as she knows what I'm doing in my mind.

He had a great collection. He had most of my favourites in his shelf. Vampire diaries, Fault in our stars, Hunger Games, Sherlock Holmes, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Mortal Instruments... the list goes on. I suddenly felt like I'm in the heaven. I was kinda happy about the incident happened last night as I got to know someone with same interests.

"You up?"his voice came with a gentle knock on the door which drift me away from the shelf.

"Yeah" I said while making the bed. I noticed that he was keeping his room clean so I didn't want to turn it into mess because of me.

"Good Morning Becky" he said putting his brightest smile which made me blush.

"Let's have breakfast, then I'll drop you at your friend's place."He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I noticed that he had got dressed already. And we went downstairs. The living room was kinda big and cosy. And he led me to the kitchen.

"Sandwiches are really good." I complimented him. Actually it was the most delicious sandwich I ever had.

"I had to do my things since I was little. My parents are busy so the practice made me a good chef."he said with a smile.

"Ah. I guess." I didn't know what to tell.

"So how did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Um.. Don't get mad.. As you were heavy I dragged you all the way here."he said with a playful smile.

And before control it, my eyes went bigger.

"I was just kidding " he laughed.

"Here, your T shirt."He said while handing over my T shirt.

"Go and have wash."he acted like I stink.

After having shower I hung his T shirt thinking about how nice he was.

"Let's go." I said after blowing my hair.

He put his travelling bag on the back seat.

"You going somewhere? " I asked.

"Yeah, to Seattle. I have to join mom and dad." And he started the engine.

"So ready to reveal your secrets?"he asked as we arrived our destination.

"I guess " I said with a cracked voice.

"See you at school." Then he pulled away.

'You got this' I said to myself and knocked the door. It was the first time I felt nervous to enter Emi's place. After two knocks Mrs.Carter opened the door.

"Emi home?" I asked nervously.

"Of course! She told me that you will be here. They are still sleeping. Come inside dear."

Emi's mom was cheerful just like Emi. She always likes to have us in her house.

"You look pale my dear. Is everything okay?"she asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah everything is okay. I didn't get much sleep yesterday. May be because of that." I smiled.

"Let's have breakfast until those sleepy heads wake up."she invited.

"I already had, Mrs.Carter." I said putting on my brightest smile.

"Oh, then I'll go and wake Emi and Kat."she said going upstairs.

"Hello!!! Time to wake up!! Becky is here."she woke them up. And Kat rubbed her eyes while Emi was nagging. After Mrs. Carter went out they started to stare at me.

"Hey! You are not the one who broke Alex's nose, right?" Emi asked like questioning a criminal.

"What? OF COURSE NOT!!!" I yelled. And that was new to me.

"Last night was a mess. Alex came with a broken nose and you went missing. We couldn't reach you until you call." Kat said. And her eyes told how impatient she was to hear my explanation.

"Do you believe in the existence of vampires and werewolves?" I asked.

"I don't know but I love those movies and dramas." Emi said with a huge smile. I just forgot  that she was a huge fan of Vampire Diaries.

"The thing I'm going to tell is kinda extraordinary. I know it's going to shock you guys but I know I  have to reveal it sooner or later." I started.

"Are you a Vampire?" Emi asked excitedly.

"Or a werewolf ?"Kat added.

"No for both. Just listen without interrupting."

"Okay ma'am" Emi said playfully.

"May be I was involved in breaking Alex's nose. But it wasn't me. He wanted me to use my powers for the bad things."

"What power?" Kat cut off me.

"Um I can make fire and control it." I wasn't sure about their reaction

"Since when?" Kat asked making a worried face.

"It's an inborn ability and I got to know about it on the Homecoming Dance day." I replied. And explained what happened on that day. They were listening holding their breath.

"You declined Alex and you broke his nose?" Emi asked.

"I said it wasn't me. Of course I declined and he had put something in my drink so I passed out."

"He poisoned you? I'm gonna kill that brat." Kat was furious.

"Hey calm down I'm okay now." I assured her.

"But how did you escape? " Emi asked curiously.

"Do you know Aiden Keyes? A transfer student in our class. He had seen the whole thing and he rescued me."

"The other hot guy right? Brandon's friend?" Emi asked.

"Yeah. He had taken me to his house after rescuing me."

But I didn't tell them that we both possess that power as it was a personal thing of Aiden.

"So aren't you mad at me?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Mad at you? Why? Because you have something which we don't have?" Kat asked.

"No I mean I can be dangerous right?"

"You dangerous?" Kat laughed like she saw a kitten trying to roar.

"So you guys don't want to unfriend me right?" I asked nervously.

"As long as you possess your good heart." Emi said pulling me into a hug and Kat also joined.

"So show us what you can do." Kat said pushing us away. And I showed a little crimson red flame.

"OMG! This is cool. Show us another." They were excited. Something I never expected.

"So Alex is kinda dangerous right? Do we have to make Chris aware of this. He might be in danger."

"I know he's in danger but what can we do? Tell him that I can produce fire while Alex is a demon. Sounds nice?" I asked.

"That won't do." Kat sighed.

************************************************
Will you still stick with your best friend even if she can be the most dangerous soul on next day? Becky is really lucky to have Kat and Emi.
What do you think about Aiden?
Do you think Becky must reveal her secrets in order to protect others?
Will they welcome her in the manner Kat and Emi did?

See u in next chap 😊😊😊😊😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 230 60
She is fierce. She is the future queen. She is a whole definition of power. The powers she has are amazing but she keeps them hidden. She doesn't tru...
Super BLAND By MANGO

Teen Fiction

487 21 71
Alex and her friends are about as popular as used chewing gum, so why is someone following them, watching from the shadows and sending threatening no...
463 34 24
A blank doll with acting and action running in her veins, Freia woke up in a hospital with no memory of what brought her there. Sure, the doctors sai...
129K 4.5K 28
Tiffany Veyne is an ordinary girl (well she thinks she is). Good grades, she doesn't like school that much, but there is something she does not know...