The Bad Boys Exception

By JadeGreen16

She was a good girl. She was polite. She was humble. She was extremely beautiful. She studied hard. She didn'... More

E X C E R P T
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 61 - part 2
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
!!!!NOT AN UPDATE!!!!
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Epilogue
New Story!!
New Story Is Up
I'm asking for some help please
Facebook/insta group

Chapter 58

11.9K 261 219
By JadeGreen16

Song - Heaven by Julia Micheals
Status - MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SUMMERY SONG!!!! I feel like this song literally tells the story of The Bad Boys Exception.

EMILY POV:

We had just gotten to the party and it seemed like everyone was already having the time of their lives. I walk beside Charlie as she tells me about her conversation with Luke last night but if I was being honest, I wasn't really paying attention. I couldn't stop thinking about Aiden, he was so damn attractive and the fact that he knew just made him all the more hotter.

He was wearing black board shorts and a loose white button-up with the buttons mostly down, I didn't know what was hotter, his signature bad-boy looks with his black jeans and leather jacket, or this new party look.

Today had been one of the best days yet, I had stayed with Aiden all day and had the best time. This morning I had woken up in my underwear and crop top so knowing that I had stripped during the night embarrassed me to no ends, but as always, Aiden had unawkwarded the situation. I was hoping that he didn't notice my attire this morning, but I wasn't sure.

I get eyecontact with Amy and her and the boys all walk over to us, Amy grinning excitedly in her neon pink set. I loved how confident Amy was, I only wished I could pull that off. As soon as Amy approached us, she drags Charlie and I to the dance floor. I laugh at her but oblige.

Dancing with Charlie and Amy was always fun but a little intimidating because Charlie was an amazing dancer and Amy was so confident on the dance floor, I was neither of those things but I was only there to have fun.

I laugh with the girls as we all dance to the beat, on several occasions, boys came over to us but thankfully Amy scared them away. As always, Charlie stood out the most, knowing exactly when and how to move her body.

"This song is shit, lets get the boys!!" Amy enthuses. Charlie and I agree, laughing at her enthusiasm. We walk over to the boys and I don't think any of them notice us, I couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about.

"Fuck off Cooper, don't talk about her like that," I hear Aiden defend someone when I'm in earshot. Again, I can't help but wonder who they were talking about.

"Talk about who?" Amy questions, I inwardly thank her for asking the question I was curious about.

"My sisters," Aiden quickly responds and worry automatically courses through me. Were they okay? Was this about Bates?

"Are they okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's just being an ass," Aiden replies, and relief floods through me.

I go to say something but get interrupted by a stunning girl. She was obviously the Tiffany of another school, she definitely had the looks for it. I find myself a little jealous, I would never look like this girl with her golden hair and green eyes, I was just plain old me.

"Hey sexy, wanna dance?" The girl asks, my heart sinks a little, no way would he reject HER.

"No," Aiden rejects and my mouth opens in shock. Did I hear him right?

"Excuse me?" The girl replies angrily.

"I said no, get your hearing checked," Aiden states and my mouth falls a little wider. What the heck was happening?!

The girl scoffs at Aiden before turning to Blake who looked very happy; "what about you babe?"

"Don't mind if I do," Blake smirks as he leads her to the dance floor.

"You said no to HER?!" I question subconsciously, not even registering my words until they are released.

"Yeah?" Aiden questions. I stare at him, my mouth open.

"Why?" I accidentally let out.

Aiden smirks at me and on cue, my heart begins to pound; "because I'm about to dance with the hottest girl here."

"What?" I manage still shocked, she was the hottest girl here!!!

"Dance with me?" He asks.

I gape at him. Did he just suggest what I think he did? Did he just suggest that I was the hottest girl here? As in me? I don't answer him, I can't. I was used to his pointless flirting and maybe even fond of it, but for some reason, this felt like more than just pointless flirting.

He interlocks our hands and drags me to the dance floor, I stumble behind him, still shocked, but also wondering why his hand fits so perfectly entangled with mine.

Powerful begins to play and I still am too surprised to move, eventually, I regain self awareness and begin dancing with Aiden. His hands are on my waist as we dance together and I try but evidently fail to ignore the way my body reacts to his touch

Once the song ends, Lose Myself plays and I instantly cheer, I loved OneRepublic!! My body moves confidently to the upbeat song and I instantly feel carefree and happy, it was amazing what a song could do to you.

When the song ends, Selena Gomez plays and I once again dance happily, she was hands down one of my favourite celebrities ever. The song was Crowded Room and I was actually shocked at much the lyrics related to me. It was almost like it was just Aiden and I, in the middle of all these people, it was just us.

Radioactive begins to play when suddenly I feel hands grab my hips, I turn around quickly to see who it was only to come face to face with a guy I had never seen before, the way he looked at me made me extremely uncomfortable.

I pull away from him, looking at him expectantly.

"Dance with me babe," he demands, the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach just multiplies.

"No thanks, I'm here with my boyfriend," I reply awkwardly, without thinking I step closer to Aiden hoping that both the boys get the message. I knew that my stunt would make it difficult for Aiden to hit on girls and I knew I had to apologize if he played along. I hoped he did, it would be very embarrassing if he didn't. Thankfully, Aiden wraps his arm around my waist, obviously playing along.

"Dump him, I bet I can fuck you better," the boy smirks and I'm taken aback by his crude language. I'm about to react and call him out when suddenly, he's on the ground from the impact of Aiden's punch.

He regains himself quickly and dives ontop of Aiden so he was straddling him. Aiden quickly turns them over and punches him repeatedly, he was about to kill the guy!!

"Aiden!!!" I yell, "Stop!! Please!!" he doesn't listen to me and for some reason I feel betrayed, he promised me that this wouldn't happen.

The other guys quickly get to us and attempt to pull Aiden off the guy, Carter pushes me away and I fall from the impact, I knew that he didn't push me intentionally and was only trying to protect me from Aiden.

I scoot backwards, still on my ass, and watch frozen as the boys finally pull Aiden off the guy. I notice Charlie and Amy try and help me up but I pay no attention to them, he broke his promise. I get eye contact with Aiden and shake my head, he fucked up.

The girls finally get a hold of me to pull me up and I break eye contact with Aiden before looking at the girls. "I need a minute," I state before walking in the other direction. I wasn't exactly sure why Aiden's betrayal hurt so much and I needed a minute to get my head around everything. I sit down on a log just before the camping sites begin.

After about 5 minutes I see a figure approaching, my first thought is that it was Aiden and I get ready to tell him that I didn't want to talk yet but see James instead. He sits beside me and I look at him curiously, we hadn't spoken much the last couple of days.

"You know, I could have really fallen for you," he grins a cheeky grin.

"What?" I question in surprise.

"If things were different, then we really could've had something," he elaborates, I'm still confused. "About 6 months ago I broke up with my long term girlfriend after she cheated on me, you know the story, I loved her, she slept with my best mate, she broke my heart, the end," he explains.

"I'm sorry," I reply sympathetically.

"Don't be, I'm over it but I told you because I wanted you to know that when I first saw you, I was ready to get back in the game. So I went over to talk to you, I wasn't sure if you were single or dating Aiden but I knew that if you were single then I wanted to get to know you." James grins.

I laugh at him, "thank you but why are you telling me this?"

"Because I was willing to really go for us but then something happened," James replies, the same cheeky smile on his attractive face.

"What happened?" I ask curiously.

"I really like you Em and please don't take this the wrong way but your life is all kinds of complicated. That wasn't the problem though, I can do complicated, just ask my cheating ex but the real problem was that you already had 2 guys fighting over you and even though you're single, emotionally you weren't," James explains.

"You got the complicated thing right," I laugh, "but what do you mean?"

"It took me a while but I think I put the pieces together at the end, Justin is your ex who's still in love with you but you are in love with Aiden and Tiffany is one of his old flings who still wants him?" James half states half questions.

"Pretty much," I sigh.

"I thought so, if you weren't in love with Aiden then maybe I would have kept trying but you and Aiden are meant to be together, I know you won't believe me but Aiden feels the same way you do, he's just too much of a chicken to admit it," James grins.

"You think so?" I question.

"I know so, why do you think he has gotten into so many punch ups this trip?" James states.

"Um, he's a bad boy?" I question pathetically, James laughs at me.

"You're so cute Em, so naive," he says.

I roll my eyes at him jokingly.

"But seriously Em, do me a favor and just ask Aiden why he got into so many punch-ups this trip, he's 100% jealous." James suggests.

I look at him curiously; "I'm still a bit lost, you're saying you could really fall for me if it wasn't because of Aiden but you're helping me get him?"

James smiles; "what you and Aiden have is what I thought me and Kiana had, obviously we didn't but you guys do have it. I could have definitely fallen for you if it wasn't for Aiden but who am I to get in between something so real, pure, and rare. Even though nothing will ever come of us, you have inspired me to look for my person. Because of you, I'm ready to look for someone who I can have what you and Aiden do."

I smile at him; "that's really sweet James but I don't think Tiffany is that person for you." I know that I was probably out of line but I had noticed he and Tiffany get a lot closer and even though I was so glad that it got Tiffany off Aiden's back, I liked James, he was my friend.

James laughs loudly; "Tiffany is definitely not my person but obviously my person isn't here so why not have a little fun while Tiffany is offering."

I laugh at him; "fair enough."

"Go and talk to Aiden, I'm pretty sure he saw us here and I'm guessing he wouldn't have been very happy. You're so cute Em but please, for fuck sake, at least ask him why he fought those men. You might be surprised when he tells you it was because he was jealous and feels the same way about you, that you do him." James all but begs.

I laugh at him, "I promise I will."

James grins back cheekily and he walks with me until I see Aiden. He tells me to find him tomorrow before we go our separate ways and let him know how it goes and I instantly agree. I knew that James was a nice guy but right now, I was really thankful for him. I approach him, listening to the music fade in the background.

"Aiden," I say softly, touching his back. He quickly turns around, obviously not expecting me to approach him. "I'm sorry," I apologize quickly, wanting to get my apology out of the way.

"Why?" He asks me in obvious shock. He must have forgotten.

"For making everyone think you were my boyfriend earlier, I know that it probably ruined your chances with a lot of the girls," I reply apologetically, desperately wanting him more than anything to tell me that he didn't mind the whole world thinking we were together.

"Em?" He questions, completely ignoring my apology. My heart sinks a little, he didn't tell me that he didn't mind the world thinking he was my boyfriend.

"Yeah," I reply quietly, not wanting to show him that I was upset.

"I'm so sorry Em, I swear I didn't mean to break the promise but he just made me so mad," he quickly apologizes. 

"It's fine," I begin, trying to get the courage to ask him if he cared because he was jealous and if he felt the same about me as I did about him.

"But what?" Aiden asks, obviously sensing that I was desperate to say more.

"Nothing, I just- I had a question," I reply hesitantly. I had to ask him and I had to do it before I chickened out like the loser I was.

"Anything," he replies. The genuine tone in his voice would usually make me smile and butterflies would erupt in my stomach, but right now I was too nervous to feel anything else. I had to do it.

You're a strong independent woman, just ask him if he beat him up because he was jealous. You can do it.

"Why did you beat him up?" I find myself asking and I want to punch myself in my boob. I am a fucking idiot, I couldn't even ask him if he was jealous. I was a fucking wimp.

"He was an asshole to you," Aiden responds quickly and I inwardly sigh.

"Yeah, I mean of course," I shake my head. I can't believe I almost believed James and everyone else, of course he only beat him up because he was my friend and he was being an ass to me, I was sure that if it was Toby he would have done the same thing.

"What do you mean?" He asks me curiously, my heart still pounding nervously.

I stay silent for a few seconds, considering what I would say; "it's just, I was talking to James, and he just said something stupid, that's all."

"What did he say?" Aiden asks and I freeze. Should I tell him? Maybe we could laugh about it, you know, as FRIENDS. What if it just makes everything awkward? But, I had to know!! Heaven by Julia Michaels begins to play in the background and the lyrics give me a surge of confidence. Fuck it, I've already gone this far, why not get my heart broken tonight?

🎵🎶🎵

"He said you were jealous," I whisper. Aiden stares at me and I instantly regretted telling him, I was better off not knowing. "I know, it's stupid-" I continue, but get cut off my Aiden.

"He's right," He says, the same quiet tone that I used prior.

I look at him astonished. Did this mean what I thought it did? Was he possibly jealous because he had feelings for me?

"I really like you Em, and I mean more than just a friend. I've never felt this way about anyone before," Aiden says when he realizes I wasn't going to say anything.

This can't be happening. I'm dreaming. There is no way that THE Aiden Black had feelings for ME. Maybe I died and went to heaven, or maybe hell.

"Say something," Aiden begs.

"I really like you too, I mean more than a friend," I manage after a minute, preparing myself to find out that this was all some sick joke that they played on you in hell.

I look at him nervously, waiting for him to start laughing or turn into Lucifer or something but none of that happens.

Suddenly, Aiden pulls me closer, putting his hands on my cheeks and crashing his lips against mine. Was Aiden kissing me?! Was I kissing him back? Why the hell was I not kissing him back?! I quickly react, in the background, I hear a line from Julia Micheals song;

'No need to imagine, cause I know its true, they say all good boys go to heaven but bad boys bring heaven to you.'

My whole body tingles from his touch, I was on fire. He pins me against the tree he was leaning on earlier and I can feel his complete frame against mine. His lips were soft but rough, everything I had imagined. Time stopped and it was only him and I, his mouth on mine, hungry and intense. So much so that I thought my knees would soon give out. The way his lips invaded all my senses made him addictive. I was an addict. I was in heaven, Julia Micheals was right.

I break away, needing some air. My face burned and I felt like it gave off more heat than the fire everyone was sitting around. What the fuck just happened?!

"What now?" I whisper, still feeling every muscle in his body against mine.

"I say we make out again," Aiden smirks and my face burns even hotter. I could probably melt Antarctica at the rate I was going.

We talk that night, about us, about what would happen and I agree to talk when we get home. My heart warmed at the fact that he wanted to take me to the cliffs because it was sentimental for us.

Somehow, he had convinced me to trust him and I was so excited to get home and start our lives together, I had no idea what was going to happen but I trusted Aiden, I was in love with him and finally, he was feeling the same way.

Maybe everything would be perfect from here on in, we've already had our obstacles and overcome them. Maybe my luck was finally changing.

But of course, I was still me and if I had known what was waiting when we got back, I never would have left. Trust is fickle and can be lost in seconds, stupid decisions lead to stupid actions and stupid actions have consequences. If I had known this then my story would be completely different, maybe I would have married Luke or even Justin and lived happily ever after. Instead, I made stupid decisions that lead to me, or rather forced me into falling in love with the bad boy player. My stupidest decision yet, however, would be when I agreed to trust said bad boy player.

________

Sooooo, what do we think?

I'm hoping I can change the last sentence to something that makes more sense, I love the meaning of it, but it's just too long.

Do you sense shit hitting the fan because I sure do.

Please don't hate me when you read the next few chapters, the only thing I can say is to remember that this story is aimed and written to be as realistic as possible, and as stated, people (both bad boys and good girls) make stupid decisions.

You'll see!!

Vote and comment?

- Jade xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 6.7K 99
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
48.6K 246 5
One story, two sides. ••• Olivia Charles is an apprehensive, quiet girl who tries to do everything right. She has no confidence and low self esteem a...
6.7M 225K 48
Lexi is finishing up high school and needs extra money for the trip of her dreams and what better job is there than babysitting? What happens when sh...
2.4K 67 7
"Someone you find yourself thinking all the time; a person you are completely infatuated with" She hated the center of attention, quiet and reserve...