Death's Daughter | Supernatur...

By BurntBiographies

My life is normal, or at least relative to it. Really, how normal does life get, being the offspring of the m... More

You Did What?
All Work And No Play
Business
Flannel-Clad Idiots
Making Aquaintances
Game Plan
A Strip Joint?
Studying
You Learn Who Your Friends Are
Familiar Faces
The Mess
Quality Time
It's Complicated
The Hunt, Part I
The Hunt, Part II
Family Ties
A New Chapter
Paging Dr. Cas
The Mend
Hotel Rooms
A Turn For The Worst
Poughkeepsie
The Plan
Busting Out
Talking
Company
The Broken Road
Sibling Talk
One Step Behind
Why?
Justified Lying
The Sacrifice
Final Hour
The Aftermath

Trouble

572 27 1
By BurntBiographies

In the following days, I return to my safe house, and the boys return to the bunker. It doesn't sit right with me, but then again, nothing does. Half of me wanted so badly to go back to the bunker with them, but the other half just didn't feel safe.

Unfortunately, I'm a woman of my instincts.

It's a Saturday night. I'm in a bar, running the old tricks that Sam and Dean taught me. Taking any man's money that challenges me to pool. The hustle never stops; at this point I could outplay both of the brothers.

After countless successful games, I take a break and walk to the bar for a drink. I order whiskey on the rocks because it reminds me of Dean. As I sip down the spirit, I see the door open out of the corner of my eye. Out of curiosity, I turn to see who came in. To my surprise, it's a familiar face.

Sigrid's eyes meet mine. She looks frantic and I know that means that something's up. I set my drink down and make my way over to her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask over the music. "How'd you find me?"

"I'm just that good," she shrugs, sounding breathless. "Come outside, we need to talk."

I follow her out the door, into the neon light from the bar signs. It reminds me of the night Dean saved me.

"I have bad news. Your dad and his people have been looking around for you."

I tilt my head. "How do you know?"

Sigrid pulls out her phone and displays some photos. I don't see anything but piles of dirt - but then it hits me.

"The scythe..." I breathe.

"They've been killing hunters and any sort of monster that they think might've seen you. From what I know, they were in North Dakota yesterday."

My heart drops. It's not close to here, but it's close to good people that have helped me.

"You can't be out showing your face in public like this, Mal," Sigrid warns. "Your dad has eyes everywhere right now. This is dangerous for you...and your friends."

I know who she's talking about. She's not talking about the friends I've made here, she's talking about Sam, Dean and Cas.

For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to do.

"I think you should go find them," she suggests. "Your father is moving fast. They won't stand a chance if he gets to them."

I nod. "You have to come with me."

Sigrid hesitates, giving it some thought. "But who's going to watch out here?"

"I don't know. But if you can predict where they're going, then we have a shot at catching them off guard and resolving this. I don't know how to do that without you, so I need you with me."

She nods. "Fine. I'll go get packed. We should leave in the morning."

"Meet me at my place."

Sigrid nods, and she's off. Quickly, I make my way to my car and hurry home. The thought of calling Dean crosses my mind, but I can't risk anything being intercepted.

Do they know how to do that?

No time to think about it.

When I get home, I grab my bags and start throwing my clothes in haphazardly. Luckily, I haven't accumulated much over the year, so it doesn't take me long.

Once everything is ready to go, I lay down, but my mind is going a hundred miles per hour. I can't sleep. Instead, I grab my weapons bag and start cleaning my guns and sharpening my knives.

What if Dean is angry that I didn't come back with him? What if he thinks that I'm just using him for protection? What if this goes south?

Sigrid is at my door bright and early. We get in the car and start on our journey to Lebanon.

"Do you think they'll remember me?" She asked.

I nod. "Yeah. I'm sure Sam would especially remember you."

Sigrid blushes and sinks into the passenger seat. "He's cute."

I laugh. I remember watching the way she and Sam worked together so well. She is the exact same level of nerdy as him.

The drive is long and grueling. We switch spots between sleeping and driving because we know that there's no time to take a break. Finally, early into the next morning, we arrive in Lebanon. I cross my fingers that Sam and Dean are home, and hope that they'll accept us showing up at the ungodly hour of four in the morning.

Sigrid stands behind me as I pound on the iron door that leads into the bunker's staircase. It takes a few minutes of battering the metal for a tired, angry sounding voice to respond from the other side.

"Who the hell is it?" Dean barks.

I feel my skin burn with embarrassment. "It's me."

A few seconds pass before the door swings open. "Get inside."

Sigrid and I hurry into the clearing and down the stairs. Sam is standing beside the table, looking tired and surprised. Dean secures the door and follows us down the stairs.

"You know, as someone that understands the sleep schedule of a hunter, I would think you'd know better than to wake us up at four in the freakin' morning," Dean complains.

I sigh and look at Dean in the eyes. It always stops him in his tracks and makes him listen.

"We're in trouble," I admit. Dean's expression doesn't change, he still looks pissed. "I'm in trouble."

Dean softens a bit. Sam looks the same as he did the last time I looked at him, but he's staring at Sigrid.

"What's going on?" Dean asks.

We sit at the table. I'm across from Dean, Sigrid across from Sam.

"Sigrid, tell them what you told me," I command.

She nods and recites her story while showing the pictures and explaining her logic. Sam and Dean are invested; both looking concerned.

"What do we do?" Sam asks.

"I think we go to sleep, and call Cas when we wake up," Dean sighs. "He'll be more help than anything."

I nod in agreement. I'm worn down from the drive and can't come up with a battle plan right now.

"Um, I can show you to a guest room if you want?" Sam offers to Sigrid.

"Yeah, that would be great," she gushes.

They leave the room together. Dean gives me a look.

"I give them 24 hours," I bet.

"It won't take that long. Sam's pretty straightforward."

I laugh at Dean's remark. "You're on."

"So I have to ask...is this all you're here for?" Dean's green eyes search mine. It's my turn to be frozen.

I think for a moment before answering, but I've known the answer for a while.

"No," I shake my head. "You have to know that part of me wanted to come back with you. I just think things are delicate right now."

Dean nods. "I'm glad you're here. Even if it's just for now."

His words are bittersweet, but I accept it. He yawns across the table.

"Do you want a guest room?" He asks.

I shake my head again. "No."

Dean catches my drift. He walks around the table and offers me his hand. I take it and stand up weakly. It doesn't take him long to simply scoop me up and carry me to his room.

He puts me on his bed and goes into his bathroom. I get up and rifle through his drawers, stealing one of his shirts and a pair of sweatpants. When he emerges from the bathroom, he grins.

"Did I ever tell you this is my favorite sight?" Dean asks, staring me down as I sit in his bed.

I turn red. "No..."

He chuckles and takes his place next to me. He grabs me and pulls me to him, just like always. I hold onto him a little tighter now.

"Hey, I'll keep you safe," he assures me. "Nothing happens to you on my watch."

His words are just as comforting as his arms. My skepticism melts away as my eyes grow heavy. Before I know it, I'm asleep against his chest with no plan of leaving again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 1.6K 20
I'm back at it again with another Supernatural reader insert story. I just can't stray away from some good old Supernatural imagines! And Jack is jus...
3.2K 18 19
When a hunt goes wrong with a nest of vampires you are saved by the Winchesters. You've heard of the winchesters but was always a work by yourself ty...
23.1K 637 23
Your a 4 year old girl playing when all of a sudden your father gets killed by a unknown creature you are yet to discover at this young age. A man wi...
172K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...