Innocent Eyes

By Peachsk

What happens when a young girl too innocent. Loses her mother at a young age. Not being able to understand wh... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Bonus Chapter.1
Bonus Chapter.2
Bonus Chapter.3
Bonus Chapter. 4
Sequel

Chapter 26

11.7K 373 127
By Peachsk

New Years Eve..

After all the Christmas celebrations came New Years Eve. Usually the boys would do their own thing tonight but now they had to be mindful of the little five year old living with them.

The day had just begun, everyone was in the kitchen discussing what their plans were for tonight.

Mason sat on one of the barstools. With Cameron on his lap. While she coloured in one of her new books, With a bowl of fruit loops beside her to munch on as she coloured. Owen leaned on the island counter with his elbows as he munched on a piece of toast l. Him and Mason were talking about tonight.

"What are you doing tonight?" Owen asked taking a bite out of his toast.

"A few of my college friends have asked me to go out but I'm not sure if I will?" Mason shrugged.

"You know you can if you want. You deserve a break but in anyways Josh and Nathan are going to come over tonight." Owen said. Camerons ears perked up at the mention of Nathan.

"Is Prince Naveen coming over?" Excitement took over all of her features. She thought it was so cool that she knew a Prince. Even when she told Ava. Ava couldn't believe it. So Cameron had promised her that she will get to meet him one day.

Owen looked at Cameron who was now fully intrested in their converstation. Owen smiled and nodded at his little sisters innocence.

Cameron started to bounce up and down on Masons lap in excitement causing her head to bang off his chin. Then leading him to bite his tongue.

"Ow! Cam calm down!" Mason scolded rubbing his chin. Cameron whispered a small 'sorry'. She then turned on his lap a bit so she could rub his chin for him. Then giving it a small kiss.

"There I kissed it better." She smiled.

Mason couldn't stay angry at this ball of cutenes. It was just out of excitment.

"Yes all better." He smiled placing his own kiss on her cheek.Cameron then went back to her colouring.

Owen watched Mason and Cameron in awe.

Just then Owen's phone rang. An unknown Caller ID popped up. He excused himself moving into the hall.

"Hello. This Owen Davis speaking"

"Owen this is Robert."

Owen sighed who knew what this man could be calling him for.

"Robert what do you want?" Owen's voice came out fustrated. He was fustrated with this man who was suppost to be their Father. He shows up and then disappears and then reappears. This isn't a magic show.

"Look Owen I just want to come over later. I have something for yous since I missed Christmas and I just want to see my kids. Then I will be out of your hair." Robert's voice came out desperate.

"Where did you even get the money for presents? And Robert I would need to talk to Mason to see if it's okay for you to come over." Owen had promised Mason that he would be included in the decisions aswell since he was also the second oldest and he had as much responsibility as Owen.

"It's just something small. The reason I wasn't around for a while because I wanted to give you guys some space." Robert replied with a slight panic in his voice. Maybe he was afraid that he wouldn't get to see his kids today?

"Look your excuses aren't going to work here. You and me both know that's not why you haven't been around. There is something bigger to the puzzle." There definitely was something bigger bigger to the puzzel. All these questions ran through Owen's head. Why is he coming back now? Where has he been for the past four years? All these questions Owen had but didn't have the answers to.

Silence.

"Look Owen just have a talk with Mason and let me know if it's okay for me to come over. I just want to my kids" Robert sighed.

"I'll have a talk with Mason first. I'll be in touch. Bye." Owen hung up his phone heading back into the kitchen to Mason and Cameron.

Owen placed his phone down on the counter. Mason looked up at Owen who sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Who was that?" Mason had heard bits of the conversation. He had a clue of who the person was.

"Robert" Owen turned to make himself some coffee.

"What did he want?" Owen wasn't being very specific on their conversation. Mason couldn't read his mind.

"He wants to come over later." Owen stirred in the milk.

"But we haven't heard from him in weeks and then all of a sudden he wants to come over?" Mason was confused this man made no sense to him. Owen nodded.

"This is why I wanted to talk to you first instead of me making the full decision." Owen said taking a sip of his coffee.

"What are you guys talking about?" Noah asked walking into the kitchen. Heading straight for the fridge.

"Robert wants to come over." Cameron said and everyones heads snapped towards her. But she didn't even notice her brothers looking at her. She just kept colouring innocently.

New lesson for all of her brothers was not to talk infront of Cameron because she may look like she isn't listening but really she is picking up every piece of information that sticks out to her.

"Who is he again?" Noah asked sarcastically. Taking the milk out of the fridge.

"Noah you know exactly who Robert is." Owen said to Noah.

"I was being sarcastic. Why does he even want to come over? Hasn't he been missing again for the past couple of weeks." Noah started to pour his own bowl of fruit loops into a bowl. Robert was no father to him. To him Owen was more like a father.

"He said he has a present for us and then he will leave." Owen said ignoring Noah's comment.

"Well if he only comes over for an hour then we should be able to survive." Mason said.

"Right then he can come over give whatever he needs to give and then leave?" Owen asked raising his eyebrow.

"Whatever" Noah said walking out of the room with his cereal. Mason nodded.

"Okay I'll let him know" Owen picked up his phone and started to type.

"Cam you need to eat the rest of your cereal before it goes soggy. Or else you have to stop colouring." Mason said looking at the almost soggy cereal.

Cameron looked between her colouring book and her cereal. She really couldn't do two things at once and colouring was more important to her.

"I'm not hungry." Cameron said continuing on with her colouring.

"Your just saying that because you want to coutinue colouring." Mason said taking the colouring book away from Caameron. "You can have this back when you finish eating."

Cameron huffed but she did eat her cereal since it was the only way she could get her colouring book back.

Few hours later..

So the plan was that Robert was going to come over for a bit. Give whatever he needed to give to them and then hopefully leave.

Since Mason was going out tonight. Owen and Noah was staying in. But Owen's friends were coming over later.

Right now Noah was upstairs playing on his playstation while Cameron sat on his bed watching him. To her he was playing some game where they kicked a ball around. But really he was playing 'FIFA'. She sat snuggled up under his covers hugging Ellie as she watched the TV. The smell of Noah's bed reminded her of him. It just gave her comfort.

There was then a knock on the door. Noah and Cameron were too invested in the game to even tell them to come in. Mason popped in his head when no one answered.

"Guys Robert is downstairs." Mason said. But he got no answer. He walked over to Cameron lifting her out of Noah's bed.

"Come on Cam Robert is downstairs we need to go say hi." Masons said. Since she was taken from the comfort of Noah's bed. She held on tight to Mason trying to regain the warmth she lost.

Mason went over to Noah's playstation and turned it off.

"Hey! I was in the middle of a game!" Noah shouted fustrated that his game had been turned off.

"Noah Robert is downstairs. Now come on. You can play that when he goes."

Noah rolled his eyes. Standing up and putting his controller down. He followed Mason out of the room and downstairs to the living room. Where Owen and Robert sat.

When Robert heard the three of them coming downstairs he stood up. Maybe hoping to get a hug or something?

'Because he could never know when it would be his last...'

"Hey Noah. Cameron." Robert smiled at the two. Getting two different reactions. Noah who rolled his eyes and moved to sit on the couch and Cameron who gave him a wave and a big smile.

Robert cleared his throat realising how awkward this was. "Well I won't be staying long. But I have something for you all since I didn't get to see you on Christmas."

"It's not the only Christmas you missed." Noah mumbled but Robert heard him causing his smile to fall. Guilt swam around in his eyes.

Mason moved so he could sit down on the couch with Cameron. Placing her on his lap.

"Emm well here these are for you." He handed Noah and Cameron a bag. Then Owen and Mason a envelope each.

"You can open those letters when I'm not here. But I wanna see Noah and Caneron open theirs." He smiled. Owen and Mason respected his wishes.

Cameron went first pulling out a big rectangular box. Inside the box was a bunch of Disney princess dolls. Excitment was all she felt. Not only did she have all the Disney princesses but she had her favourites. Cameron pushed herself off of Masons lap and ran towards Robert giving him a big hug.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Cameron repeated. Robert's heart swelled. This was all he ever dreamed of and now he was getting it.

"No problem sweet heart." Robert smiled squeezing her back.

Cameron felt comfort in his arms. Some sort of love she only felt from her Mam or her brothers.

She made her way back over to Mason once Robert let go. Getting back comfortable in Masons embrace.

Next it was Noah's, he didn't know what Robert could of gotten him. When he opened the bag he pulled out a packet of those strip LED lights that everyone has and a bunch of sweets. Noah smiled.

"I heard all the kids these days have them. So I didn't know if you had it or not. I hope you like it." Robert smiled he didn't know what to get Noah.

Noah smiled at him. "No it's okay thanks."

To Robert this made his day. This meant progress.

Robert had stayed for some coffee since Cameron wanted him to help her unbox all the dolls. He soon left Owen and Mason still hadn't opened their envelopes.

Later that night...

It was finally New Years Eve night. Mason had decided to go out with his college friends since he deserves his own break. Owen's two best friends were coming over to have a couple of drinks and watch the celebrations on the TV.

Owen and his friends didn't mind if Cameron was around them. But Noah said he and Cameron would chill up in his room and watch movies so Owen could have his own time with his friends. It was up to Cameron what she wanted to do.

She had chosen to sit upstairs with Noah. Owen helped her get into her elephant onsie so she could match with Ellie while they have their movie night. Noah had also gotten changed into a different pair of tracksuit bottoms.

"O do me and Ellie match." Cameron said doing a small twirl and then holding out Ellie so Owen could get a better look at the two.

"Hmmm yeah I guess were going to have to start calling you Ellie 2.0" Owen said. Cameron's face scrunched up in confusion.

"But I'm not a robot?" She had only ever heard that being said about robots in movies.

Owen chuckled. "Cam 2.0 stands for like a second thing. So you look like a second Ellie. So that makes you Ellie 2.0"

Cameron's mouth made an 'O' shape. Then the door bell rang. Owen got up off of his bed heading down the stairs to open the door Cameron trailing behind him.

He opened the door to Josh and Nathan how stood there holding cans of beer. Or for Cameron Princess Naveen.

They stepped in bro hugging Owen. Not noticing the little elephant who stood behind Owen on the stairs. Now that Cameron had gotten a good view of Josh and from watching a lot of Frozen. She realized he looked more like Kristoff then Jhonny test.

"Hey Cameron. I like your onsie." Prince Naveen smiled to Cameron who slightly blushed at the compliment. She gave him a shy wave back.

Owen noticed her shyness after he closed the door picking her up and placing her on his hip.

"Don't go all shy on us Cam." Owen teased placing a small kiss on her cheek causing her to giggle.

"Kristoff" Cameron pointed to Josh. Everyone was confused at her randomness.

"You remind me of Kristoff. That's your nickname." Cameron smiled. Nathan and Owen knew who she was talking about but Josh didn't understand.

"Its a character out of a Disney princess film." Nathan explained and Josh made an 'O' shape with his mouth.

"Ah it looks like dumb and dumber has arrived." Noah said standing half way down the stairs.

"I'm surprised your not out." Josh said.

"Why would I go out when I can spend the night with this little elephant right here." Noah made his way down the stairs more and took Cameron from Owen's arms.

Owen and friends moved to the kitchen. While Noah took Cameron upstairs so they could start their movie. They were going to eat the sweets Robert gave to him.

"So Cam were going to watch 'The Lorax'" Noah said once they were comfortable in his bed.

"What's the Lorax?" Cameron turned to Noah.

"You'll see now."

Few hours later..

It was now reaching midnight. Noah and Cameron had watched three more movies. Cameron fell asleep halfway through the third film. While Noah kept binge watching kids films.

Owen sat downstairs watching the new years specials with his friends.

Owen went upstairs to get Noah and Cameron for the count down. He wanted to wake her up for it and then she could go back asleep.

Owen peaked his head in the door of Noah's room. Seeing Noah stuff his face with popcorn. While Cameron's head laid on his chest. One of his arms was wrapped around her protectivly.

"Noah can you wake Cam up for the countdown and then she can go back to sleep." Owen whispered and Noah nodded his head.

"Hey Cam. I need you to wake up for a bit and then you can go back to sleep." Noah whispered softly. Shaking her. Cameron groaned snuggling in deeper into Noah.

Causing him to chuckle. "Come on Cam really quick were going to do the countdown." Cameron sat up at countdown she was suddenly intrested.

Noah lifted her up placing her on his hip. Cameron layed her head on his shoulder as they made their way downstairs. To where everyone else was.

"Aww she looks so cute" Josh cooed at tired Cameron.

"Shh it's starting." Owen said

They all stood up and started counting down.

'10'
Their sudden shouting scared Cameron making her shoot up in Noah's arms. Causing them to laugh.

'9'
'8'
'7'
'6'
'5'
'4'
'3'
'2'
'1'

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" They all shouted even Cameron who joined in late.

Noah placed a kiss on Cameron's cheek and Owen gave them both a hug and a kiss on each of their cheeks. Noah had a disgusted face.

Fireworks were heard from outside. So they all move to out the back watching the fireworks. What even made it more beautiful was the snow falling from the sky. The fireworks making them shine.

Hopefully this new year would be better.

Spoke too soon....

There we go Chapter 26...

This was a long one.. nothing really happened in this. Maybe some clues for some future chapters.

I hoped you enjoyed. So they are going into the new year. Ugh when will 2021 come.

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 5.2K 12
in which hwang hyunjin fell in love with the guy in skirt. "w-who's that? h-he's hot.." 12 chapters✔️ started: 20/07/20 completed: 30/07/20
3M 82.3K 57
Astrid has never stepped out her house. She didn't know that her parents hitting her wasn't right. She always thought that's how it works. So what ha...
115K 9.1K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
411K 7.6K 38
(Book 2 of the MOPB series) Monroe Nelson was physically and sexually abused by her father and uncle, making her be afraid of men since she was young...