W I T C H • Five Hargreeves X...

By Artistictia

"Look at her! She's just a witch in disguise!" Number Eight : The Witch Full name : (Y/n) Hargreeves Pronouns... More

W E L C O M E
Chapter 1 • We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Chapter 2 • A Delayed Reunion
Chapter 3 • The Funeral
Chapter 4 • Absolutely Nothing
Chapter 5 • Run Boy Run
Chapter 6 • Delores?
Chapter 7 • Extra Ordinary
Chapter 8 • Quality Family Van Time
Chapter 9 • The Attack at Hargreeves Manor
Chapter 10 • Man on the Moon
Chapter 11 • The Horseman of the Apocalypse
Chapter 12 • Number Five
Chapter 13 • Dream a Little Dream
Chapter 14 • Ride of the Ice Cream Truck
Chapter 15 • The Day That Wasn't
Chapter 16 • Boom
Chapter 17 • The Day That Was
Chapter 18 • So Close
Chapter 19 • I Heard a Rumor
Chapter 20 • I Love You
Chapter 22 • One Day at a Time
Chapter 23 • Caged
Chapter 24 • The White Violin

Chapter 21 • Changes

4.5K 125 229
By Artistictia

❤︎

WARNING: Blood, gore and needles, mental abuse and manipulation

❤︎

The house was dark by the time they arrived back at his home, streets were empty and no one walked by on the path in front of the house. Thus, no one could see the sight of Harold and a blood covered Vanya enter through the garage door.

The brunette zombily walked into the kitchen, her mouth gaped open a little as she stared with her empty eyes down at the floor. The man behind her switched on the light and began to set his things down onto the kitchen counter.

"We're safe here for a bit. We can't stay long. We gotta pack our things." Harold informed the brunnette.

However, the woman just stood there, staring down at the tiled floor.

"Vanya? Vanya." He called to her, but she gave no response. Sighing, he reached over to lightly grab her wrist and led her out of the kitchen.

"Let's clean you up."

After helping her take off all of the bloody clothing, Harold brought her into the bathroom and turned the knob for the bath. Once the tub was filled halfway with water, he carried Vanya into it. The woman had no more strength to fight back anymore.

Harold gently, and as comforting as he could, scrubbed off all of the remaining blood off of her hands. Vanya sat in a fetal position in the bathtub, her empty gaze fixated on bloody water.

"Your family, they'll be coming for us soon." He told her. "It's okay. You don't have to worry. We're a team now. Take the fight to them."

For the first time since they left the cabin, Vanya spoke in a soft and raspy voice, "Why would they be coming for me?"

Harold chuckled softly. "Vanya... you killed (Y/n)."

"No, I... I lost control. Everything just happened so fast..." She denied. She didn't know if she was trying to convince Harold or herself.

"I know. I know. It's not your fault. You were protecting yourself. But that's not how they'll see it." He said.

"No. I'll--I'll explain it to them. Uh, I just need to get to them and I--I need to explain it to them. I wouldn't hurt (Y/n). Five knows I wouldn't hurt her on purpose." She replied.

Vanya thought back to Five. They too, even after years of jealousy, were good friends. He trusted her, almost just as much as (Y/n) trusted her. Surely he would believe her, he would see that she truly meant no harm. Five had to believe her. He would... right?

"They wanna hurt you. I'm the only one on your side who understands... just how special... you truly are. I knew it the first time I met you. I see it now as I look at your face. But they don't see it. They never have. They never will."

Harold smiled at her, but even as Vanya wasn't facing him, she could now feel that uneasiness that Allison had told her about before. The small grin that used to make butterflies flutter in her stomach, now made her feel sick.

The brown haired man stopped scrubbing. "(Y/n), she didn't see you as special like I did. I thought she saw me different too, a long time ago."

A memory came back into Vanya's mind. The boy (Y/n) had helped that one day when her family came back home. Perhaps was he the same boy?

"What... what do you mean?" She asked.

"(Y/n) helped me long ago, and she gave me two gifts. The first, was a very special souvenir, I've kept it for years. And the second one... was the gift of courage. She helped me find the courage to do something I've longed to do for years. And I still got punished for it. So you see, she can't help you, Vanya. She can't see you as special as much as I do." He went to brush her hair lovingly, but the woman flinched back, not liking the action anymore.

Harold could clearly see that she was hesitant around him now. And he was not about to lose all the progress he had made over the past week.

"Say it."

Vanya knew what he was talking about. "I can't."

"Say it for me." He pushed.

In a smallest whisper, she said, "I'm special."

But it wasn't enough for Harold.

"Got it. Say it again."

"I'm special." Vanya repeated.

Finally satisfied, the man let out another chuckle as he resumed to wipe off the blood.

"Now, that wasn't so hard."

-

The tires of the old car screeched as they finally pulled up to their destination; home. The only place where they could save her.

Everyone rushed out of the car and carefully, a still crying Five gently lifted an unconscious (Y/n) from the vehicle and into his arms. He struggled for a moment, cursing about his young teenager arms in his head. But he wasn't letting anyone else besides their Mom and him touch her.

"Come on! Let's go!" Luther yelled.

"I don't think she's breathing!" Five panicked.

"If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die!" Klaus, for once, was the one taking the lead in this. He didn't want to lose one of the closest people to him.

Allison and Diego ran to the front door, practically breaking the doors as they opened it and Five carried (Y/n) and ran upstairs to the infirmary. Luther was the one who went to go get Grace.

He raced down to the kitchen area, knowing he would find their robotic mother cooking something at this time. And the moment he stepped foot throught the doorway, there she was, washing her hands in the sink.

"Oh, Luther, honey. I'm glad you're here, would you like some freshly baked cookies- -" Before she could finish, Luther interrupted her.

"Mom, (Y/n) needs help. She's badly injured!" He quickly told her.

In a flash, Grace's cheery expression turned serious as she pushed past Luther and up the stairs where the others were laying the young girl onto the medical bed.

Grace scanned over the girl's neck wound, trying to find any more problems outside of the cut in general.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will have to give blood." She said outloud.

Immediately, everyone in the room piped up, Five being the quickest and loudest. "I will."

"I will. I'm doing it." Said Five firmly.

"Master Five, I don't think that would be a very good idea. After your recent age regression, we don't know just how stable your blood is." Pogo cut in.

Five sighed in frustration, wanting to pull his hair out but then Luther stepped up from behind him.

"Then I'll do it."

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. Your blood is more compatible with mine." Pogo replied, giving him a thin smile.

"Hey, don't sweat it, guys. I got this. I-I love needles!" Klaus went over to Grace, sticking out his arm.

"Master Klaus. Your blood is... how shall I say this? Too polluted."

"Move," Diego walked past Klaus. "I'll do it."

Grace put together all the materials needed and brought out the long, thin needle. And the moment Diego caught sight of it, he let out a whimper and as his eyes rolled back into his head, he collapsed onto the ground.

"Woah." Klaus muttered.

Everyone griminced at the sight of Diego knocked out, but Pogo just turned to Grace.

"Stick him."

-

Grace was just finishing up cleaning up the rest of the blood surrounding the girl's wound and began to finish treating the cut. By now, only Five and Diego lingered in the infirmary. Allison was sitting outside of the room on the floor, still mildly in shock of the previous night.

Luther stayed for a bit until he was asked by Diego to go talk to Allison, knowing that most likely only he would be able to get answers from her and comfort her. Luther didn't even disagree or argue with him. Klaus had left the room a while ago, saying he needed to go chill out for a bit, as seeing one of the closest people to him almost lying on their deathbed just a few minutes ago.

Five stayed by (Y/n)'s side the whole time, even when his exhausted and tired body screamed for rest, he didn't bother sleeping a wink for the rest of the night. He was just focused on the unconsious body lying on the table and the heart monitor. While his adoptive mother had said she would be okay, there was a part of him that feared that any moment the bouncing green line on the monitor would turn flat.

He cried a little more even after they brought her home. He shed a lot of tears at the cabin, a bunch inside the car and more once they got home. There were voices inside his head, screaming and yelling at him that it was his fault. If he just never got her involved with this apocalypse business in the first place, she would still be perfectly fine.

She'd probably yell at him for thinking that, she'd be annoyed and mad at him, smacking him upside the head for thinking it was ever his fault. If it weren't for the fact that she was laying on the medical bed covered in her own blood, he'd probably laugh at the thought.

Grace was pulling out the rest of the supplies she needed as fast and carefully as she could while Pogo watched from the side. Five sat on a chair right on the side of her bed while Diego was tapping his foot, standing in a nearby corner. After the silence had enveloped them for a good bit, the only sound of Five's short sniffles filling the room once in a while, Diego sighed and went over to his brother, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's have a quick family meeting real quick. We need to talk about the rest of this apocalypse shit. I'll go get Klaus, you wanna stay here with (Y/n) or do you wanna let Mom  and Pogo stay with her?" Diego softly asked him. There was no pressure or any hostility from him, just him trying to be as gentle with as he could.

Five thought for a moment, wondering what he needed to do. In his heart, he wanted to stay with (Y/n). He needed to make sure that she was always safe, that she was going to be all right. But with less than twenty-four hours left for the impending apocalypse, he knew that if he really wanted to keep her safe, he would stop the damn apocalypse, killing the man responsible for her state and doomsday.

"I'll come downstairs with you. You're right, we need to make sure this apocalypse never happens." Five confessed, his voice a bit scratchy from crying so much.

Shakily standing up from his chair, he reached his hand out and gently grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, touching it so lightly as if he was afraid she would shatter like glass.

"Be back soon, (Y/n). I promise." He then looked over to face the chimp. "Call me as soon as she wakes up." Pogo nodded back at him.

Letting her hand go, Five and Diego stepped out of the room, looking over to the tall blond man sitting on the floor next to Allison. She was still wearing the same clothes as before, deep crimson blood stained her fancy and expensive clothing. Her gaze was pointed towards the floor as she sat in a fetal position on the floor. The two weren't talking, but Luther's hand was holding onto Allison's.

"Five, Klaus and I are gonna have a small meeting. You and Allison stay here with Mom and Pogo just in case they need anything." Diego told them.

Luther begrudgingly nodded. Even though he was still very angry at Pogo, he knew it would be better for the two of them to stay behind upstairs. Allison looked up from her knees and gave them both a weak and tiny nod. For someone who was in deep shock from earlier, it was good process that she was now moving more.

Meanwhile, Klaus panted as he rummaged throughout his room, not even caring about the mess he was making in the process. His mind focused on the one thing he desperately needed.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked from behind him.

"Looking for drugs." The dark haired man answered bluntly.

The man, Ben, sighed in disappointment. "Don't do it."

"I'm done listening to you. Just go away. Go away, please."

"I like the sober you." Said Ben.

Klaus ripped the fabric of an old stuffed white unicorn, and pulled out a small plastic baggy filled with a few pills.

"Yeah, well, sobriety's overrated." He retorted.

"Look where it's gotten you, though."

"Well, where has it gotten me?" Klaus snapped, turning around to face the spirit of his dead adoptive brother. "Where has it gotten me, nowhere. I can't talk to the person I love. People... still don't take me seriously. The one person who believed in me and supported me is in a small coma. I wanna be numb again!"

Ben was not giving his brother any type of pity.

"You're a colossal wimp." He commented.

"Oh, yeah, really?" Klaus sarcastically replied as he went back to opening the little bag.

"Yeah, really! Hey!" Ben snapped his fingers in order to get Klaus' attention.

"Life isn't supposed to be easy. Life is hard. Bad things happen. Good people die."

Klaus scoffed. "Wow, playing the dead card again, huh? You need new material, bro."

"I was talking about Dave."

His words caused the man to freeze in his tracks.

"You know, I'm tired of seeing you wallow in self-defeat."

"Well, then avert your gaze."

"You're better than that. And Dave? He knew it too. He knew just as much as (Y/n) does."

Klaus fidgeted with the pills in his hands, then sighed.

"Yeah, you're right. You're right. I'm-- I'm-- I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Thank god." Ben let out a breath in relief. But the moment of calmness lasted only for a moment.

"Psych!" Klaus popped the pills into his mouth as he cackled wildly at the ghost.

Ben growled in annoyance and instinctively went in for a punch, not even realizing until the last moment... that his fist collided with Klaus' cheek. The pills flew out of his mouth and clattered onto the floor.

"Ow!" Klaus groaned in pain, caressing his cheek until it hit him, Ben, his ghostly and very dead brother had just punched him. "You just Patrick Swayzeed me. How did you do that?"

"Uh, I-I didn't. You did. I think." Ben stared down in complete shock at his hands, his mind filled with questions.

Unfortunately, they would have to be answered later because about a few minutes later, Diego had called Klaus down to the main living room for a family meeting.

When he came downstairs, he was surprised to see Five pacing in the room, and not with (Y/n) in the infirmary.

"I thought you'd be with (Y/n)?" He asked him.

"(Y/n) still... isn't up yet. Mom's finishing up stitching her wound and Pogo is watching over her. I told them to call me as soon as she wakes up because right now, we need to stop this apocalypse. The son of a bitch who almost killed (Y/n) is still out there and I. Want. Him. Dead." Five explained to him, his eyes turned dark when he mentioned Harold.

"Five's right. He's out there with Vanya. We need to go after her." Diego agreed.

"Vanya is not important right now." Five added, causing Diego's head to turn to him.

"Hey, that's practically your sister. I know you want revenge for (Y/n) but that's a little heartless even for you, Five."

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, of course I do, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us." Five reworded what he said earlier, and his fists clenched. "Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

"I agree. Let's go." Both Diego and Five were just about to head out, when Klaus' voice from the couch caught their attention.

"You guys can count me out. I mean, no offense or whatever. It's just that... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming." Demanded Diego.

"No, no, no. I mean, I think we can all agree that my power's... I mean it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back." Klaus tried to excuse himself.

"Klaus, get up." Five, already annoyed, told him.

"You can't make me." The man pouted like a child.

Not wanting to take any of his bullshit, Diego simply pulled out one of his knives and tossed it between Klaus' legs on the couch, just barely missing the man's crouch.

Klaus glared at his adoptive brother as his hands were in air beside his head, he was not expecting Diego to just throw a knife at him. Nevertheless, he sighed in defeat and got off the couch.

"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt."

-

"I SAID GO!"

The wind was howling.

"Vanya, I love you! I do! Please!"

There was so much screaming.

"I heard a rumor--"

There was a slash and then blood. A lot of blood.

"No! No! (Y/n)!"

I remember she was screaming so loud.

But... who was the one screaming again?

-

Vanya sat on a wooden chair at a small table, alone. She had changed into a fresh set of new clothing, her body now cleaned completely from all the blood spilled from earlier that day. Although her body was clean, Vanya still felt as dirty and grimy just as the night before.

Every single moment of that traumatic event flashbacked in her mind. Her screaming, everyone was yelling and arguing, all the blood, and the moment when she killed her best friend... god it was just all too much for her to handle. She didn't wanna remember it anymore. Vanya felt sick once more.

Standing while holding her churning stomach, she walked over to the kitchen sink and turned on the faucet. She hurried to cup the water in her hands and washed her face with it, holding the ice cold water to her face for a moment then repeating the process a few more times. After cooling off, Vanya went to grab the towel from the counter, but since Harold's bag was laid on top of it so she ended up pulling it off the counter and the bag fell to the floor.

"Shit." She cursed.

Vanya bent down to pick up the bag but something specific caught her eye. A dark maroon leather journal was poking out of one of the pockets with shiny golden rims. When she turned the bag on its side, a familiar umbrella symbol she saw so many times growing up was plastered on the rim of the book. Confused, she took out the journal and scanned over the front cover that had the initials of her adoptive father printed on it.

Opening the journal, Vanya skimmed over every single filled page in the book. Every once in a few pages, she would find several chapters about her adoptive siblings. But it wasn't until she reached the chapter about her that her curiousity had peaked.

NUMBER SEVEN

--, uncontrollable, and dangerous.

--should remain a secret.

"Oh god."

Vanya thought back to what Allison and (Y/n) were telling her that night and she finally realized, they were telling the truth. And based on the fact that Leon-- no, Harold had this in his work bag the whole time. They were right about their father, and they were right about Harold.

"Vanya? Let's get goin'." Speak of the devil, Harold called out to her.

Vanya turned back at the voice, the one that now deeply unsettled her, and firmly clenched the book in her hands. She walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, still reading from the pages within Reginald Hargreeves' journal.

Harold had already gotten all of their bags packed and ready, and just when was about to open the front door, he saw what Vanya was holding in her hands. Instantly, he knew was it was.

"Vanya, I can explain." He tried to say.

"You've been manipulating me all this time?" Questioned Vanya, staring at the man who she once loved with heartbroken and betrayed eyes.

"No, that's not true. I'm only trying to protect you." Harold responded.

"From who?" She loudly asked.

"From your family. They're the ones trying to hurt you. Vanya, it's all there, in that journal. Your father... was afraid of you. That's why he put you on those pills. It wasn't to help you. It was to hold you back. He didn't trust that you were strong enough to control your powers. But I've never been afraid of you. I embraced you. I'm the only one who ever accepted you for who you really are. Your brothers and sister, and even (Y/n), they went along with him every step of the way."

With each new sentence, Harold stepped closer and closer over to Vanya. And once he was close enough to be face to face with her, he tried to comfort her by putting his hands on her shoulders, the action he had always done to calm her down. But this time, it just felt wrong coming from him. Vanya didn't like it anymore, she almost despised it.

"Who is Harold Jenkins?"

Harold swallowed, nervously trying to find the correct words to say.

"He's... someone like us." He sighed. "A lonely boy. An outsider whose family was cruel to him. All he ever wanted was to be heard, to be loved."

"Allison and (Y/n) were right." Vanya stared up at him, horrified. "You're sick."

"I'm not the one who tried to kill you."

Tears were building up in her eyes, and she went to push past Harold and out the door. "I need to go."

But before she had a chance to, Harold blocked her way and harshly grabbed at her arm, yanking the journal out of her hands.

"What have they ever done for you? Hm? I'm the reason that you got first chair!"

A bit confused, Vanya replied with, "I auditioned. I earned the spot."

Harold let out a dark laugh. "You think that the first chair when missing all on by herself?"

"What did you do?" Vanya demanded, now even more terrified of the man in front of her.

"I did this for you."

Harold went into caress her hair but she slapped his hand away.

"Stay away from me!"

"Vanya we are in danger! We're in danger. Your family, they've seen you in action. They know what you're capable of. They will come for us." The man continued to try and get Vanya back on his side once more.

"No, they'll listen to me."

"No, they never will! They want you to feel small! But they are the small ones, next to you. Compared to them, you are a god! Stronger than even (Y/n)! You think she really loves you? She can't love someone she doesn't understand. But I do. You just needed your eyes opened to see that, to see what they really are. I gave that to you. So... let's finish what we started. Vanya, you need me."

"What I need is my family. I didn't... I didn't mean to kill (Y/n). I would never mean to hurt her. She's my best friend and..." Vanya sighed.

"And I love her. I love (Y/n). And I love them, my family."

Disappointedly, Harold switched glances over to her and the floor as he gripped the journal in his hands even tighter than before. "Your father was right. Not strong enough. He knew it. And now I know it."

Walking away from her, Harold stood in front of the dining table and he pounded his hand against the leather journal.

"You're weak!"

Vanya shook her head. "Stop it."

"You're pathetic."

Another pound against the journal.

"Please don't." Vanya pleaded.

Rattling from above the table came from the chandelier, the glass clinking and although there was no wind, a breeze was picking up speed inside the house.

"Look at you. You're nothing."

One beat against the book.

"No!"

"You're just ordinary."

Another beat against the book.

"Stop it!" She screamed as she put her pounding head in her hands.

"Less than ordinary!"

And another beat.

"STOP IT! STOP IT!"

"You are not special!"

"Ordinary!"

One.

"Ordinary!"

Two.

"Pathetic! Nothing!"

Three.

Slowly, Vanya raised her head to stare down Harold, her gaze not just angry, but furious. He was the reason for her pain. He was the reason why she killed (Y/n). He manipulated her, mentally abused her, and if he needed to if she went with him, probably physically too. She was not letting him walk away alive tonight.

The wind was now going at the same speed just like back in the cabin, and Vanya's skin had turned a little more paler than usual. And suddenly, Harold's lungs felt like they were collapsing. Vanya lifted her chin and the man was inching into the air. Behind him, all different types of utensils and knives were flying in circles in the wind. Everything from papers to pens to scissors were carried into the air by Vanya.

"No." Harold choked on his breath, practically begging for air. "No, not to me, Vanya! Please! Please!"

With no other thought, Vanya brought her chin down and watched as every single item from the room glided around Harold, giving cuts and bruises as he yelled out at each hit. From a small box, pocket knives flew into his torso. Soon, every knife and sharp item was jammed into Harold's body as blood poured from his forehead and his wounds.

From one last energy blast, Harold Jenkins was flung back onto the table, crashing through it and onto the floor. Glass shattered as everything in the air fell from its place. And once the wind had quieted down, there was nothing but silence. Not a single moan of pain from Harold, his eyes unblinking as more and more blood spilled from all of the wounds in his chest and stomach. 

Yet there was no reaction from the brunette as she stared at his dead body for a moment, then walked away to grab her things and leave the home.

-

It didn't take long to return to the house, considering both Five and Diego had been there a few days prior. Five didn't feel up to driving this time, so he tossed the keys to his adoptive brother, who stared at him in mild shock before taking his place in the driver's seat and driving over to Harold Jenkin's household.

The moment they burst through the front door, they at least expected to see Vanya and Harold or maybe just an empty home. But upon further inspection, the three men ended up finding the body of the man they were hunting lying dead on the floor with almost his whole body pierced with every sharp object known to man.

It almost left Five unsatisfied as he was really, really looking forward to torturing Jenkins for hours. He wanted to make him pay, make him regret ever living and messing with him and his loved ones. And once (Y/n) woke up, he would let her have a join in on the fun. He knew she would like that, sometimes she could be straight up psychopathic, but yet he loved her anyway.

"It's not exactly what I was expecting." Klaus stated.

"The understatement of the year." Five sarcastically retorted.

"No sign of Vanya."

"Let's get out of here before the cops come." Diego told them.

Both him and Klaus were heading to rush out the door but Five stopped them, "In a minute."

"Come on, Five, what are you..."

The two grown men turned around to see what he was doing and pretty much regretted it once they saw Five take out the glass eye from his shorts pocket, peeling off the medical tape from the dead man's right eye and shove it into the empty socket.

"Ugh, wow." Cringed Klaus as he gagged at the sight.

"Same eye color, same pupil size. Guys this is it. The eye I've been carrying around for decades, it--it's found its rightful home. We actually did it... we did it, (Y/n)..." Five whispered the last part, not wanting to let the two hear him.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse." Diego smiled as Five pulled the glass eye back out.

"Yay! Let's go. (Y/n)'s probably awake by now." Klaus lightly cheered as he turned around again but Diego tugged on the back of his shirt.

"No, no. Wait, wait. It can't be this easy." Five pulled out the piece of paper from the Commission. "Look, this is the note that I got from the Commission. That one says, "Protect Harold Jenkins," aka Leonard Peabody."

"Yeah?"

"But who killed him? Who did this?"

"I have a crazy idea.Crazy, but why don't we find Vanya... and ask her what happened?" Klaus piped up and shrugged.

"If Vanya got away from this asshole, she might be headed back to the Academy." Diego concluded.

However, two men were so focused on the dead man that they didn't even notice Five head already warped out of the room and back to the car. Klaus and Diego twisted to face Five and finally noticed that he was gone. Number Two groaned in frustration and the both of them bolted out the door and back to the car, driving all the way to the Academy.

The moment they got back home to the mansion, they each searched the floors and every room for any sight of the short brunette. Sadly, she was nowhere to be found in the house. At the second floor stairwell, the three of them met back up.

"No sign of Vanya." Five said.

"She's not in any of the rooms." Added Diego.

"She's not downstairs, either." Klaus answered.

"Well, I'm out." Diego suddenly said, patting his brother on the shoulder and beginning to walk away.

"Wait. Wait, where are you going?"

"Vanya is still out there, and so are Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five testified.

"I know," The tan skinned man awknowledged. "I'm gonna get my things and then I'm outta here. I got some unfinished business with those fools. Just text me once (Y/n) wakes up."

And with that, Diego disappeared down the hallway, leaving a sighing Klaus and a thoughtful Five.

"Hey, did Dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him? Any clues to how it happened." He asked.

Klaus leaned up against the stair railing and let out a breath. "No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues."

Five gaped at the tall male for a moment and then sighed in defeat. "Jeez." And proceeded to walk away down the stairs, his adoptive brother following behind him.

"You know, come to think of it, he did mention something about my potential, and how I've barely scratched the surface of my--" Klaus couldn't finish before he was interrupted by Five.

"How did he know about the apocalypse?" Five thought out loud.

"I don't know. But listen. This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did you... how did you know how to do that?" Asked Klaus just as they entered the main room down the staircase.

"I didn't." Five stressed as he stepped past him. "You'd realize that if you were actually sober."

"Hey, I am sober. I've been sober for two-- almost two days now." He defended himself.

'Yeah, two days."

"It feels like forty-five years..."

Five, with a his mouth in a thin line, stared at his brother as he fiddled with the glass eye in the mini black bag in his hands. "Who are you kidding, Klaus? I've seen you fidgetting all day."

"Well, then I guess we're both fighting our addictions, then." Klaus smugly responded.

"I'm not an addict." Five shot back.

"Yeah, you are. You're addicted to a drug called the apocalypse."

"You're wrong." The boy glared.

"First sign. Denial." Klaus pointed out, turning away when Five spacial jumped in front of him.

"You and I, we're not the same." Growled Five as the former chuckled.

"I've seen that look in the eye of someone who doesn't know who they are without their high anymore. Trust me. You just gotta let it go. Because I know... that you definitely have something to do now that there's no more doomsday. Something you should have done a long time ago."

The more Five's glare hardened at his brother, the more he realized he was right, and he hated it. Five clutched the glass eye in his hand so hard that his knuckles would have turned white if he pressed even more. In a quick movement, the dark haired boy threw the eye at the hard wood walls, shattering it into pieces. Then without another word, stomped past Klaus back up the stairs.

"Figuratively, but yeah, that works, too." Klaus said to himself, then sighed.

"One day at a time."

❤︎

A/N: Hey loves! So...it's been a while. A LONG, long while. Practically a month lol, I'm sorry about that guys, things have just been really stressful because I take my SATs literally tomorrow and I of course my writer's block ends right as testing comes up :/ but I'm SO close to being done with this season, only about three or four chapters left and it's onto season two :))

Also, based on the author's note I had up before, it's so sweet and nice to know you guys are all so supportive of me. Even after I was gone for so long. And we even hit over 50K reads over the break!! That's just insane, thank you guys so much. As a reward, have this 5700+ words chapter hehehe

If any of you guys have some tips on writing or how I can improve, please comment or even separately DM me. Anyway, please vote and comment! Stay safe, wear your masks and wash your hands!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 6.8K 54
XXX "Why not?" Five asked, "I thought you would want to, especially because you would want to kill everyone." She smiled, "That's exactly why they t...
122K 2.7K 24
[𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝟷] "Laney!" Five gave a weary shout. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think-" "Exactly! You didn't think!" Elaina snapped...
266K 5K 22
Imagine, instead of seven, Hargreaeves managed to adopt eight. However, like Number Five, Number eight went missing... Only to appear somewhere else...
1.9K 25 13
In a new timeline, where Reginald Hargreeves has adopted eight kids instead of seven. The Umbrella Academy faces the Sparrows. Five slowly falls for...