More To Him (LokixReader)

By destaenywrites

[Under Editing] During the Chitauri Invasion back in 2012, Y/N L/N met the god of mischief in person. After f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
☆Important Message☆
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
◇Thanksgiving Message◇
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
◇Christmas Message◇
◇New Years Message◇
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
◇Valentine's Day Message◇
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
◇Special Message◇
◇Spacial Chapter◇
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44-Part 1
Chapter 45-Part 2
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Author's Note
Urgent Message

Chapter 11

4K 161 63
By destaenywrites

》Y/N's POV 

I'm a little nervous not gonna lie. 

I'm on my way with my most trusted soldiers to meet up with the servants, guards and many other soldiers. It's the middle of the night, but I won't let traitors walk around freely when Loki's life is in danger and mine with his. 

If he falls, I fall too. 

If I fall, he falls too.

"You will all guard the doors, keep them locked. We will search all of them, non of them leave until their rings are found. As far as the prisoner told us, there's 20 traitors amongst servants, guards and soldiers. There has to be 20 rings, and until I don't have those 20 rings, no one leaves the room, even if it takes all night and all day tomorrow, I will not rest until we find those rats."

To be completely honest with myself, it feels weird to talk in such manner. I have to be careful with my words and also act as if I was a cold blooded Valkyrie. I don't like shouting at people or threatening people. I don't like hurting people or killing them. I'm a teacher for crying out loud!

Talking in such ways makes me question myself but then I remind myself that I'm just acting, this is not me, it's just my duty to act this way at the moment. 

When I'm finally in the room, servants, guards and soldiers are all whispering at each other, all of them wondering why are they here.

My soldiers lock up the door which calls everyone's attention, making all the whispering turn to mutters and into loud chatter amongst all of them.

My heart is raising, thumping hard against my chest. I take I deep breath and call out for everyone to calm down. When no one listens to me I sigh knowing these aren't my students who, though loud, would quiet down immediately. 

I climb onto the table, balling my fists I shout over the loud crowd, my voice surprisingly echoes around the room, "EVERYONE QUIET DOWN!"

They all fall into a sudden silence making the stares fall heavily onto my small form. I realize I have to speak now even though I feel like the burning gazes are going to swallow me up.

"I know all of you are confused and tired and would much rather be elsewhere than here. I would much rather be elsewhere than here. But tonight there was another attack directed to one of the princes, Loki." There's a few gasp around the room and some others whisper at each other. "Our prince is safe and the culprit is locked up. I received some information that will help me find those who want to hurt the prince."

Panic starts to arise making everyone go back to the loud chattering. I shout over the crowd again making them turn their attention over to me again. "Look my patience is low, some guards will do a check up to each one of you so form three lines, servants, guards and soldiers. You will be asked for your name and home. You will pour out your belongings onto the table for inspection and once everything, and I mean everything, is rightfully inspected you will stay until everyone has been searched. Until we don't find what were searching for, no one leaves. Am I clear?"

I look at everyone, waiting for some kind of answer. "AM I BEING CLEAR?" I shout making them flinch and nod fast. Damn even my 1st grade students comply faster than all of these immortal adults. At this rate I'll end up voiceless, how I miss my students and their little sparkling eyes at how much they love to hear about mythology and weird latin words and laugh at their pronunciations. 

I'm not cut out to be an intimidating warrior, I am a teacher who loves to wear flower print dresses and leather jackets and boots and bring bags of candy to school and give them as rewards to my students and take them out on fun field trips and watch them identify historical places and talk so eagerly about the different myths. 

I miss that.

Now I'm stuck playing a character who wouldn't hesitate on eliminating people, who decides the fate of warriors in battle, who is strong and fearless. 

I'm the opposite, I don't want to kill, I can't decide who lives, who dies, who goes to Valhalla or Hel. I'm not as strong as I thought or fearless. 

I'm just a confused human trying to survive in a world I don't belong to. 

Now a life depends on me. 

Am I enough?

I watch how the three lines form, people waiting impatiently as each of the go through the process. Sometimes I had to push people away, force them to empty their belongings or to move forward because they hot distracted.

By hours past a few people sit around the room talking to each other and waiting for the rest to finish.

I try to keep my energy and not seem tired, hopefully I'm doing good. 

I watch my soldiers put a few people apart into a group, giving me nods to let me know they had found some of the rings. Some people are too careless which gives me the advantage.

Around three hours later as the sun rises I look around the room at the people who had fallen asleep and the few that had stayed up talking to each other. 

"Well, attention everyone!" I bellow making everyone jump in fear. "I am glad to announce that we found all that we needed. That group over there stays, the rest of you can go back to your duties. I apologize for making you stay up all night, tonight you get to sleep."

Everyone sighs, some people smiling with relief. They all leave, the group set apart stays. 20 people as needed. 

The doors are shut once again and I smile at the group. "Do you guys know about a certain ring with a snake emblem?" 

All of them look at each other. I walk towards them and they step back in fear. It's funny how playing a Valkyrie makes me seem terrifying and yet admirable when the truth is that I'm a very friendly person. 

I take out the ring, "Is this your emblem? Snakes? Is it a symbolic emblem that holds Loki as your target?"

"Lady Astrid please don't tell Odin! We were just following orders!" One of them says, a servant with tears in her blue eyes. 

"Oh shut up Stephir, you were in this with us. You want Loki dead too!" One guard shouts at the servant.

"I wanted a better life for my children! I wanted to make sure they would grow in a safe place without a lying god who pleasures in taking over places and killing people."

"SHUT UP!" I demand, making them stop arguing immediately. "I don't care what were the reasons to join your little cult of traitors, but you will be brought to court and punished. May Odin do with you as he pleases. Arrest them."

My soldiers arrest the culprits some giving in as they know there's no point in fighting and other squirm and fight against my soldiers to set free.

The servant from before, Stephir catches my arm, there's horror in her eyes, "Please lady Astrid, have compassion! I have two daughters and a son, please, they're only children, don't take me away from them!" 

The soldier grabs the woman and pulls her away from me, I turn away as he arrest her. They are all put in chains and brought to the prison cells. 

I watch Stephir cry as the others shout at each other in anger and frustration. I sigh feeling pity over the woman. 

"What do we do now Lady Astrid?" One of the soldiers asks and I turn to her.

"You may go back to your duties. I will present myself to Odin, Frigga and Thor to report what happened and come down with a decision."

The soldiers cross their arm across their chest, turning away and returning to their respective duties.

I take one last look at the prisoners before going to Loki's room.

When I'm in Loki's room I find him getting ready for the day. He has a bandage around his hand and I'm overall relived that he's fine. 

"Good morning your highness." I call out and he turns to me.

"You look dead." He says and I grunt, rolling my eyes in annoyance. 

"Well I didn't sleep a whiff last night looking for the traitors. Now I'm going to meet up with Odin to come to a decision about the prisoners."

"You found the culprits?" Loki asks, baffled that in 8 hours I found the culprits. I nod feeling kind of proud of myself.

"Impressive," Loki grins, "Once again you saved me. Should I call you my knight in shinning armor?" 

I scrunch my nose, "Hell nah, corny nicknames, keep that to yourself. Just don't get into more trouble or I'll be the one killing you."

Loki chuckles, crises forming at the sides of his eyes. "Sure, you can't live without me, you need me to survive and you know it. I'd like to see you try but I like to breathe just fine."

"You're a jerk, annoying and obnoxious!" I bite out, "Don't try me god of mischief." 

Loki laughs mischievously, getting closer to me until there's barely no space between us and I have to look up. "I'll try not to tease you too much, but I love games and seeing you act all though is the best game I've ever played." 

I hold out my knife and point it at his throat, "I'll cut you. I can play too."

Loki, grabs my wrist, pushing my hand away and  pulling me towards him, he places his hand on my back, his face so close to my face I can feel his warm breath. "Remember who I am, Y/N. Tricks and plays are my battle ground, cut me, I dare you."

"You forget who I'm playing for, Loki. Even if I dislike hurting people, I won't hesitate to hurt you."

Loki let's me go, pulling away from me and finally giving me space. "You're better at playing than what I thought. I think we both agree that we can hurt each other." He smirks again, "But you hesitated."

I look away from his green eyes, placing my knife away I turn around to leave, "I just wanted to make sure you were doing alright from last night. I must go finish my work."

I walk out of the room as fast as I can. I realize now that my heart is beating like a desperate drum. 

But you hesitated.

His words linger at the back of my mind.

Why did I hesitate?

I shake my thought away as I stand in front of the big doors to the throne room. 

I breathe out trying to calm myself. I look forward, changing my demeanor to the fierce warrior Valkyrie. 

I open the doors, at the end of the hall, Odin on his throne.

A/N:

Hello, did you like the chapter?

I haven't slept at all and yet my brain suddenly went on writing mode. 

Did you like Loki and Y/N's interaction? I've been watching some Loki stuff on YouTube to study him a bit more so I can write a much more accurate portrayal of him in my story. 

Next update is also a filler BUT it's the push to what will come right after which will lead to everything else I'm planning for this story.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter and comment!

Next update on Friday!

-Random Potato♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 423 27
The Queen of Atlantis meets the God of Mischief Two odd characters fall in love under strange circumstances Come join the avengers and fight along...
2M 66K 57
'You are my Valkyrie. And I would follow you across the nine realms and into eternity.' Tortured by HYDRA and liberated by S.H.I.E.L.D, you join the...
284K 4.5K 18
Y/N L/N has his life changed after meeting Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Takes place after The Avengers (2012) but none of the other Avengers films exis...
10.3K 495 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...