The School Life of The Other...

JustYoung1 द्वारा

{BOOK 3 in The Demon Twins Series} Months of recovering, meeting new people, and bonding with her family, Dem... अधिक

First Day
Hate It Here
Colors (Tagged?? Pt.2)
Principal's Office
Three Buffoons
Talent
Beginner's Class
Lab Partners
Make It End
Babysitting
Go Fast
Burn
Locker Room
Dodgeball
Principal's Office Pt. 2
Ride Home
Jetpack
The Manor
Talk
The Couple
Attempted Sacrifice
Back To School
Rumors
Meeting
Sunglasses
Back To School...Again
Pull-Up
Tick
Where Did He Go?
My Job
Note
Answers
Not Right
Prisoners
Lies
Dream
Father's Intuition
More Than One
Plan
Break-out
Experiment
Near Escape
Weapon
No Hesitation
The Cave
Going Back
Restraining to Get
Grab Me
House-Arrest
Gone
Up To You
Sneak Peak
Where to Go...Pt. 3

Mountain Tops

2.8K 107 208
JustYoung1 द्वारा

Bruce's P.O.V.:

"This isn't a mountain," Jon complains, his posture slouching as he flies through the cold air of the Himalayas. He turns his head to look at me through the Batjet's glass, pursing his lips. "You said the Himalayas was a mountain!"

"It's a mountain range," Tim informs.

"What's the difference?"

"It goes on for a long distance," Jason says, pulling his arms apart to emphasize the distance that it covers.

"A long-distance? Shouldn't the top of it be flat instead of mountains on top of mountains?"

"What makes you think that?" Tim asks.

"I play this game where you can build your own things and craft stuff, and the mountains there aren't like this."

"That's because that's a game," Dick deadpans. "Hey!" Dick exclaims, nearly shattering my eardrums. "How come Hood gets a jetpack and Red and I don't?!"

"Because that's not his," Tim answers. "That's Demetria's."

"I borrowed it," Jason says, shrugging his shoulders. His tone practically giving away his cocky smirk underneath his masked face.

"How are we gonna find this Camden?" Jon asks. "And what does it even look like?"

"Compound," Tim corrects. "And how will we find it, Batman?"

I keep my eyes in front of me, deep in thought. I stay silent, the awkward tension suffocating the people in the jet.

"You're killing us here, Bruce," Dick deadpans.

"You have no clue," Jason deadpans. "Do you."

I stay silent once again, gripping the steering wheel harshly, glaring at the snowy mountain tops in front of me.

"T-That can't be," Jon exclaims. "He's Batman! He knows everything! Right?!" He snaps his head towards me. "Right?"

"Right," I mumble, trying to persuade myself.

"Love the confidence," Jason says sarcastically, boosting away with the jetpack.

"Hey!" Tim yells.

"Goddamnit, Red Hood," I growl, pulling the lever on the dashboard, boosting the engines of the jet, causing us to chase after Jason.

Flying through the sky, Dick slaps his hand on the dashboard. "Jon!" he yells. Dick turns his head, staring behind us. "We left Jon!"

I take my eyes off of Jason and turn my attention to where we, or I, had left Jon. Turning my head, I find Jon flying straight at us at an immense speed. "He's fine."

"We'd be in trouble if he wasn't." Tim sighs out in relief.

"Superman wouldn't do anything to us. Even if he did, he wouldn't be able to do anything life-threatening to us."

"It's not the Big Daddy Blue that we're scared of, B," Dick says, crossing his arms. "It's the Big Mama Blue. Now she's a different story."

Tim nods his head in agreement, his face slightly paleing at the thought of Jon's mother.

"He's not wrong," Jason says, speaking through the com-link.

"Hood," Dick says through the link. "Come back over here."

"Why? You guys can keep up. Besides, I wanna see the limits of this thing."

"We might miss something important!"

"Like what?! Snow?! I see a shit ton of that. I don't think we're gonna miss it."

"Be rational, Hood! We're trying to find the twins!"

"And we're trying to find them, fast. That's exactly what I'm doing!"

As the two argue through the com-link, I avert my attention to behind the jet, making sure that Jon is still following. I turn my head and notice Jon's figure quickly becoming smaller. My eyes widen at the change, seeing that Jon has stopped moving, floating in the middle of the sky. "Red Hood! Stop!" I yell.

"Why?" he argues.

I turn my head back to Jon, speaking through the com-link. "Superboy. What's wrong?" I ask, stopping the jet.

Jon continues to float in the middle of the air, slowly looking around, as if he's searching for something.

"Superboy," I repeat.

Jon snaps out of his trance, snapping his head towards us. "Sorry," he says into the link. He begins to fly towards us, while constantly being wary of his surroundings. He stops right beside the jet as Jason, too, approaches us. "Why'd we stop?"

"We should be asking you the same thing, kid," Jason says. "If Bats didn't notice that you stopped in the middle of the whole chase, you would've been left in the dust."

"Sorry." Jon looks behind him, a look of confusion written on his face. "I just thought I heard something."

"I didn't hear anything besides Red Hood and Nightwing screaming nonsense!" Tim exclaims, glaring at the two older boys.

"Not my fault he doesn't have the love for speed as I do!" Jason defends.

"What did you hear?" I ask Jon, not wanting another argument to break out.

"Don't interrupt me, old man!"

"I don't know," Jon answers, looking towards the vast, empty, snowy mountain tops.

"Not you too, Jon!"

"But I don't think it's normal to hear something like that, here, in the mountains."

"You shouldn't be hearing anything in these mountains," I tell him. "This part of the Himalayas should be uninhabited."

"Uninhabited, minus the exception of the compound," Tim intervenes.

"Do the people living in the compounds have people that could fly?" Jon asks, a hint of fear evident in his voice.

"Not that I'm aware of," I answer. "Why?"

Jon's eyes widen in fear as he points to the area behind us. We all turn our heads to the direction, finding small dots, slowly becoming bigger, heading our way.

"What the fuck is that?!" Jason exclaims.

"Maybe that's the thing that Superboy heard," I propose. I turn my attention to Jon, finding his squinting at the flying dots, trying to figure out what they are. As I stare at Jon, his eyes widen in surprise, releasing a petrified gasp of fear. "What is it?"

"We need to go. Like now!" he exclaims, turning around and flying away from the flying objects.

I hit the ignition once again, flying after Jon with Jason tailing him. Flying straight after the two, Dick and Tim turn their attention to the flying figures heading towards us.

"What the hell are those?!" Dick exclaims.

"It's that Steven kid!" Tim exclaims.

"Steven kid?" I ask, turning my head around. Staring out the jet window, I find a little kid, around the same age as the twins, flying towards us. "Why the hell is there a little kid chasing us?" I ask Jon. But before he could answer, a red beam of light flies past us, skimming the Batjet, nearly hitting Jason and Jon.

"What the fuck!" Jason exclaims, dodging another red beam. He turns his head, anger evident in his voice and eyes. "Who has the fuckin' audacity—Superman?!"

"It's Steven and the other robots!" Jon exclaims through the com-link.

My eyes widen at the information. Snapping my head to the scene behind us, the figures become more evident: a child, a Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, all of the robots that the twins and Jon faced earlier this year. "Great," I growl.

We all continue to fly away, dodging their long-ranged attacks. As we dodge their long-ranged attacks, we also dodge the numerous mountain tops that we encounter. Flying side to side, upside down, all in different directions in hopes of taking them off of our tail.

We fly through a small crevice, in between two mountain peaks. As we fly through the slim space, making it to the other side, we all look back, taking a breath of air. We stop in mid-air, trying to collect ourselves.

"Did we lose them?" Tim asks.

We all stay silent, staring at the crevice with loud-beating hearts. The silence leaves us breathless, anticipation for the answer consumes us.

"I think we lost them," Dick breathes out in relief.

Just then, we feel the area around us shake. We snap our attention back to the mountain tops, finding the two peaks shaking viciously. Rocks and other debris begins to fall, rolling off of the sides of the space. As debris falls and dust collects, figures break out of the dust, flying straight at us.

"We didn't lose them!" Jason yells. "Book it!"

Without hesitation, we all begin the chase once again. Flying through mountains tops, trying to throw them off. But once again, it doesn't work.

"We can't keep running," I tell them.

"Do you have any other idea?!" Jon exclaims, dodging the robot Superman's lasers.

"Yes," I answer, looking at my dashboard. I begin to press buttons, releasing explosives into their direction. The explosives fly towards the figures, hitting them dead on.

"Yes!" Jon exclaims, seeing that the missiles had successfully hit them. Just as it had hit them, creating the smoke, they zoom out of the black smoke, unharmed. "Aww man!"

"That was your other idea?!" Tim asks.

"Do you have any better ideas?" I ask him.

"I do!" Jason says. "Fly away!"

"We need to come up with a plan," I tell them, zooming through the sky, dodging the numerous attacks.

"When you come up with a plan, Bats. I'm all ears."

Before I could speak any further, the Batjet jerks forwards, instantly going into a malfunction. I gasp, finding the right-wing of the jet on fire, barely hanging onto the rest of the vehicle. "Shit," I growl, pulling on the wheel, trying to get us back into the air. The vehicle continues to spin, aiming straight for the ground. "We need to evacuate," I tell Tim and Dick. I release my grip on the wheel and hit the eject button for all three of us.

The vehicle shoots us out, seconds before exploding into an obliteration from the impact into the snowy grounds. Shooting into the sky, the parachutes automatically activate themselves, allowing us to land safely onto the mountain tops.

"Great," Dick deadpans. "Our asses are being chased by a bunch of cloned robots of heroes and our only transportation is destroyed."

"How about we complain later and get away from them," Tim suggests, pointing at the flying figures.

"Where are Red Hood and Superboy?" I ask, looking up into the sky. I find them floating, trying to fight back with a long-distance range attack.

Jon glares at the robots, his eyes turning red, shooting beams out of his sockets. Next to him is Jason, pulling out his pistols, shooting rounds straight at the opponent.

"Fuckin' die!" Jason exclaims, seeing how all of his bullets are hitting the opponents, yet not affecting them. "Die, you bastards!"

"Die!" Jon screams.

"He's a bad influence to that kid," Tim scoffs.

"We got company," Dick interrupts, the sound of his feet turning enters my ears.

I turn around with him, finding all but the Batman, Superman, and the kid robots heading our way. All five of them land in front of us, standing tall, trying to intimidate us.

Dick, Tim, and I stand side by side, getting into a fighting stance. I pull out several Batarangs as Dick pulls out his escrima sticks, and Tim, his bow staff.

"So which one do you wanna take?" Tim asks. "'Cuz I want Cyborg. We have some mutual dispute going on, and I need to let off some steam."

"We still need to get some answers," I remind him.

"We can always tear them apart and go through their programming."

Just as Tim gives his suggestion, the opponents take their stance: taking out their swords, powering up their weapons.

"Bats," Dick says. "You're taking your ex."

Before I could respond, Cyborg sends a blue beam towards us. We quickly avert the incoming attack, watching it drill a hole into the next mountain peak.

"Glad I'm not taking him. Good-luck, Red. You're gonna need it."

"Thanks, Nightwing. Totally needed that," he replies with sarcasm.

With that, they begin the first move. Wonder Woman and Flash charge straight for me, instantly throwing attacks within the first five steps. Shazam and Green Lantern keep their distance, aiming straight for Dick, trying to shoot him down. As for Cyborg, he keeps his distance from Tim, aiming and shooting holes into the ground, all dodged by him.

With Wonder Woman and Flash running towards me, I jump over both of them, quickly planting explosives onto their backs. Instantly placing it on them, the explosives go off, causing them to falter in their steps. I skid across the white snow, my hot breath evident in the air. I stand back up, reaching for my Batarangs, and throwing them.

Wonder Woman dodges my attacks by slicing at them, causing them to go in all sorts of directions. As for Flash, he dodges through them easily, quickly making his way towards me. He stops in front of me, throwing punches.

I quickly maneuver around the punches as fast as I could, but a normal human could only move so fast compared to the Flash. As I duck under his punches, Flash unexpectedly throws a faster hit, punching me in the gut. I hunch over from the pain, giving him access to grab my head and knee me in the face.

Flash releases me, allowing me to falter back, giving me the time to regain myself. I scowl, frustrated at the current outcome of this fight. Wonder Woman flies towards me, with a sword in hand, stretched out to stab me. I jump over her, but as I do, Flash appears in front of me, kicking me away. I skid once again, snow covering my whole body.

"We're not going to win," Dick yells, getting knocked back by Green Lantern's light.

"We need to retreat!" Tim exclaims, swerving under Cyborg's beam.

"We'll just get tracked down again," I argue, standing back up. I find Flash running towards me once again. I quickly reach into my utility belt, taking out a device, when throws, releases putty. I throw that object in what I can only assume would be the path that the Flash would be taking.

The device releases the gray putty, restricting the Flash's movements. To make sure that it stays there, I throw several explosives at it's chest, causing it to fall back into the putty, restricting it's movements further.

"Great job, Bats," Dick compliments.

"It'll hold it off for a while. Their weaknesses are similar to the original versions," I inform them. "They're not real. So don't hesitate."

"Don't gotta tell me twice!" Jason exclaims. "Die!"

"Red Hood!" Jon complains through the link.

I mentally sigh at Jason. But it's currently the least of my worries, as right now. Wonder Woman runs towards me with a war cry. It swings it's sword at me, continuing to attempt to cut me in half. I continue to dodge her sword, but am taken aback by the use of her limbs. As it attempts to cut me, Wonder Woman sweeps my feet, causing me to land with a grunt.

Before I could stand back up, a heavy-weight places itself in the middle of my chest, taking the breath out of me. I open my eyes, finding Wonder Woman with her foot on top of me, and her blade, centimeters away from my eyes. "You know," I gruff. "The real Wonder Woman isn't this heavy."

I watch in slight amusement as the robot's eyes widen in surprise, quickly turning into a scowl. It raises it's sword and swings down. Before the blade could reach me, a large figure knocks into the robot, knocking it off of me. I sit up in surprise, finding the Wonder Woman robot knocked out, with buried Jason next to her.

Jason sits up, shaking the snow off of him, a vicious glare, prominent through his helmet. "Why don't you fuckin' die, Old Man!" he exclaims.

I cock my eyebrow in slight confusion.

"Oh, not you, Old Man," he says, looking at me. He snaps his head towards the sky from where he came from, growling and pointing, "That, Old Man!"

I turn my head towards the sky, finding the Batman robot heading towards us.

"I never knew you could fly," Dick grunts out. "Since when the hell could you fly."

"Obviously they made some advancements," I snarl.

"Red Hood!" I command. "Move!"

Jason pushes himself up and back, flipping out of the way as the robot lands onto the snowy mountain top. "Alright," he growls. "Round two!" Jason pulls out his pistols, reloading them quickly, aiming for the spots that would be vital for humans.

"If I didn't know any better," Tim says, landing next to me while trying to avoid Cyborg. "I'd say that Red Hood has a thing against you."

I turn my head, finding Jason shooting and reloading non-stop. "As long as it's not me or an organic being, then I'm fine with what he's doing."

"If you say so," he replies, spinning his bo-staff and running straight towards Cyborg.

I look around, noticing all three of my boys busy. but as I look around, something clicks into my head. "Jon." I snap my head upwards, finding Jon in the sky, flying around, trying to get away from robot Superman and the little kid. I reach into my belt while keeping my eyes on Jon, making sure that he's safe. I take out several explosive Batarangs, aiming for the robot Superman, the one causing him the most trouble. As it shoots lasers at Jon, I throw Batarangs at him. They successfully hit the target but are quickly dismissed by that assumption.

Out of the black smoke, emerges the little boy, glaring at me. "Steven," I mumble to myself, remembering what the kids were mentioning about him. Behind Steven is Superman, who has turned his attention from Jon to me.

Steven stares at me, slowly raising his hand. Raising his hand, he quickly points to me, commanding Superman. Upon the gesture, Superman speeds towards me, grabbing me by the collar of my suit in a blink of an eye. Lifting me off of the ground, he quickly throws me to the side, causing me to roll in through the snow.

I get back onto my feet, only to be knocked down again by the overwhelming speed of Superman's flight and his powerful fists. Landing on the ground, I move to the side, avoiding another punch. I watch as his fist penetrates the ground, creating a massive crater. "You were annoying as a human," I growl, seeing as how I could've died from that one attack. I get back onto my feet, going back on defense. I throw kicks and punches at the robot, causing it to hunch over "pain"; however, that could only do so much to a piece of machinery.

We throw attacks at each other, one by one. With one last attack, I jump, throwing a roundhouse in mid-air, causing the robot to falter. I land on the snow, breathing heavily, fatigued, and bruised. My body aches from the robot's attacks, they're heavy and quick, but I've had worse.

As the robot regains it's balance, I reach into my utility belt, reaching for the special compartment. The robot flies towards me in anger. Once within arms reach, I open the compartment, grabbing the item and shining it into it's face—Kryptonite.

The robot quickly stops, gasping and covering it's face, trying to block the green crystal away.

"I see that you're still not fond of the green crystal," I comment, slowly approaching the robot. "Hurts. Doesn't it." As I approach the machine, it slowly backs away, but then stops. I stop in my tracks, confusion overcoming as I realize that the robot no longer falters back with a step I take forward.

"Actually," the robot says, uncovering it's face. "I'm quite fond of them."

My eyes widen in surprise. Before I knew it, Superman throws a hard punch into my chest, causing me to fly backward, skidding across the ground. I attempt to sit up, but am then hit with immense pain. Every movement leads to a feeling of discomfort. I touch my chest, feeling the dislocation of some of my ribs. "Shit," I cough, feeling a trickle of liquid escape the corners of my lips. I force myself to stand back up, ignoring the burning feeling in my chest, and the slightly colored snow. I look back up, glaring at the Superman in front of me. I force myself into a fighting stance.

"Give up, Batman," it says. "You can't fight."

"As long as I'm breathing, I can still fight."

"That can be arranged," it says, readying to fly towards me.

"Don't," a younger voice says.

Behind Superman, Steven appears, glaring at me. "We need him alive."

"What the hell are you trying to do, kid?" I growl. "Who are you working with?"

"Watch your tone, Batman. Or else I'll create a massive explosion here, bigger than what was at the Academy."

"You're the one who planted the bomb at the Academy?"

"No," he scoffs. "I am the bomb."

I stare at him, my mind confused by his statement and pained by trying to fight the burning running through my body.

"One of the perks of being a robot is that you can be destroyed, but put back together again," he says, staring at his arm. "Unlike you humans who have nothing else after you're finished."

"But we humans have a lot of fight in us," I argue, reaching in my utility belt and pulling out several Batarangs.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he says with a smirk.

Slowly, one by one, they all appear behind him, dragging the boys by their capes and collars. My eyes widen at the scene before me, they're all beaten up, bruised, and bleeding. Dick, Jason, Tim, and Jon, lay unconscious in the hands of the opponent. Their bodies dragged through the snow, leaving trails of disturbed snow and blood.

"Give up, Batman. Or else." They quickly hold a weapon to their heads, threatening to end them right in front of me.

"Batman," Jon groans, lifting his head towards me. "Don't—"

"Shut-up!"

I stand, staring at the beaten boys within their custody.

"We need to find them," he groans.

I slowly drop my Batarangs and stand straight, putting my hands in the air. I'm not going to risk their lives for this.

"No," he whispers in desperation.

"Good," Steven says with a smirk. "Let's take him in."

——————————

Good morning (it's morning for me), evening, afternoon, night, 'morrow, idk anymore, my children! How 'areth thee on this day? Good? Bad? Exquisite? Hmmm...interesting. Do tell more. Shall negativity begone! 

As for me...I'm chillin'. Finally found a website where I can watch some DC shows and movies and I'm happy 😊

Just one question...you know how in the last chapter, someone, srry I forgot who and I don't have the energy to check, said something about an Among Us chapter with like the Batfamily playing? So like I found that interesting and I was wondering if there are people that would be actually interested in reading it? If so, what would the colors and costumes and/or hats would each of the characters in this book wear? 🤔 

QOD: Hat'swdiotic ourydiotic avoritefdiotic olorcdiotic?

Honestly...this is a hard question...wtf. Purple, blue, red, green, and yellow. It's between those five. I guess it depends on my mood and the shade of the color...but yeah between those five. And I guess black and white can be added to that mix, but are they even considered colors?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

23.6K 775 13
Welcome to yet another ThorinxReader fan fiction! This story was originally posted in my other book, 'The Hobbit Imagines IV - 2016'. But I found out...
219K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
323K 7.8K 14
"i was just a casualty to you. isn't that right, major?" "you know that you were so much more than that." "do i?" [jasper hale x female OC] #33 Jaspe...