Soaring With You: Our Sweet D...

Oleh Sleepingpages

William. A Pilot, inheritor of Pacific Air, Ambitious and focused on everything he does. However, he got dist... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
Characters of the Story
Synopsis
Missed the glimpes
Faith is doing its job

Her Traces

11 0 0
Oleh Sleepingpages

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, events, living or dead is purely coincidence.

---

"Good afternoon Ladies, and Gentlemen. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight PR 720 to Manila, Philippines. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. First to board are passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, for our second, business class, and diamond card members, you may board at your own leisure. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

after that announcement, I fixed myself and turned my phone into airplane-mode so that I wont do it later at the plane, I also grab my aviator sunglasses, this was gifted to me by my aunt Sandra when I graduated in College, years ago. Yes I'm transparent with how old I am, but I'm still on my earliest thirties and other people says life begins at 40s , I'm not rushing anything, I actually enjoying my life right now, and my flying career.

I walk to the near spot towards our gate, as looking from the other passengers earlier, we're maybe 150 to 300 plus maybe, or more, I'm not so sure. What I'm focused now is my excitement, I can't wait to rest finally, my lower back is suddenly hurting now, and I don't know why.

I miss Philippines, I've been in U.S and other countries to take care of my flying career, and now I'm back to finally surprise my dad's workplace, I know by now pinaguusapan na nila ang pagbabalik ko, o pag papakita ko, I've been watching the company but I am not there physically, dad's there physically so I am not to worry, plus, they are letting me know about the progress of every project, future plans, and etc. via emails, skype, or zoom meetings.

"moma, we're seeing tita ganda soon right?!" I heard a kid somewhere near me. Her voice is so cute, I'm a type of person who is fond of kids because I'm a tito already.

"yes, baby girl, so wait patiently, okay? Don't go near her yet when you see her, because she's busy with her work later, but! Be sure to smile at her when you see her, okay?". A lady said, I saw them upfront, the kid is so cute.

"why just smile, can't I hug her? I miss her so much~~". The little girl is pouting already, Oh gosh to see her entire face, baka laruin ko pa yung bata.

"no baby, that's not allowed while tita ganda is working, baka pagalitan siya, and we don't want that right?". Maybe her aunt is a crew on this flight.

"yes po. I'll be a good girl for her, but I hope she's well when we see her later. Sana walang bad guy or bad girl, so tita ganda will be happy serving the passengers!". She's a thoughtful kid, I'm getting curious about her tita ganda, they're so close. they have a good relationship, so I'll assume she's fond of kids as well.

"of course baby, she can do it, do you remember, she have power smile, so let's smile brightly later okieee!?" How cute can this kid be~~

that cute voice and calling to her aunt, it felt nostalgic for me, I wonder how is she doing now?

Its been what, a decade or more since I saw her personally, I only saw her graduation photo as a Senior High School student, through my aunt Sandra, but after that, I have no other news about her, I only knew that she's taking Tourism Management and graduated back then, and maybe as of now she working already.

I wonder if, is she part of hotel service? maybe on cruise line? Ah~ she do love sea. 

Or maybe, she's in the Aviation industry? hmm, I'm really curious on how she looks now, she's a lady  now, I'm curious of how does she look, makikilala ko pa kaya siya pag nakita ko siya?

I'm still wearing our anklet, pinaayos ko na ito actually, because when I was in college, after our finals in third year, we have this getaway, I'm with my friends, we surfed and swim, so much, and di ko napansin na natanggal na sa paa ko yung anklet, gladly my friend found it on the rocks, nakapatong lang siya doon, I was so worried to the point that it ruined my day noong di ko pa siya nakikita, I almost punch myself for missing it on the sea or on that rock.

I don't wanna miss it because it's my only connection to her, I treat it as my only ticket for her to know me someday when we finally meet face to face. Pinaayos ko siya and I kept it safe now, nag pagawa lang ako ng clone to make it as a bracelet rather than anklet, and until now I'm wearing it. Why as bracelet when its an anklet? Well, bracelets are more noticeable than anklets. Maybe if she saw it, she'll come to me and say hi. And I'm actually expecting it to happen. Obviously. 

Just a thought, honestly I feel like I lost her already, and for feeling that void in me, I don't want to missed this slim chance I got, I'll keep on praying to meet her already, as I take my first step on this plane. I am finally going back now. so please pray for me to, at least find some traces of hers.

---

TIME passes quickly, we welcome the first set of passengers, the business class and passengers with children, with disabilities, and other first priority passengers, ten minutes later we'll welcome the last set before taking off.

"good day sir! ~"

"this way to your seat sir"

"good day ma'am!"

"let me guide you sir"

"good day ma'am, good day sir! ~"

"good day ma'am! ~" 

"this way to your seat ma'am."

we repeatedly saying to welcome our dearest passengers for today's time, while smiling and nodding our heads softly, while the other crews are busy assisting the passengers who is finding their seats, and the passengers who's busy arranging their luggage.

"Mae, that's our first set of passengers, please prepare the announcement later before take-off, can you manage to close the door later?"

"yes miss Wine, I can manage--"

"Miss Wine? Calling flight purser; Miss Wine, please come to the cockpit for a second, thank you"

Our Captain for this flight...

"I'll be back for the announcement later, I'll be getting their orders first and other demands, as you know they're picky, fill my presence here for now, hmm?" Mae just nodded and go back to her work, while I will accommodate the captains first.

---

"Wine, may salad bang available sa menu? Tsaka please, can you put extra dressing please?" Sabay taas-baba ng kaniyang kilay at ngiti sa akin.

"Salad ka na naman Val? Can you eat meat? beef or chicken? You choose first before me, bones needs it too. Puro ka salad, ano ka? Kambing? Kalabaw?" Zion Smith, the Co-Pilot, the second pilot for our flight today.

"wag ka nga makialam Zion, vegetarian ako, kayong dalawa ni Liam ang kumain ng meat" Our main Pilot for today, Valentino Morgan, my chill friend, actually silang tatlo, they're my crazy friends in our work. All are womenizer Pilots.

"Tss, don't fight, everything you mention is will be requested, there's choices of steak and chicken fillet , either with rice or kani salad, and please call me by my last name on speaker, not just Wine, it's not even my name so please, that's one of the rules, be professional enough dorks we're not in vacation or outside the aircraft."

"And yet you call us dorks huh?? hmp!" Orion Lee, my most flirtatious friend, Val is the prim and proper type, while Zion is the loud one.

"yes, any problem, no?"

"no, mom.~" tatlong ito talaga, mawawala ako sa katinuan dahil sa mga kabulastugan nila, mga pasaway kahit kailan, minsan nagtataka ako kung paano ko ba sila naging close eh mga piloto itong mga ito, magkaiba kami ng department kung tutuusin.

"page me by my last name, then, I'll bring your foods later, you trust me to choose yes?"

"yeah~" the three dorks replied.

"call me by my last name. That's an order as your flight purser, please." they just nodd their heads to me and salute for a goodbye, this three man is giving me headaches sometimes. 

*deep breathe

---

"Good Afternoon our dearest passengers. This is the final boarding call for all of the passengers booked on flight PR 720 bound to Manila, Philippines. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately ten minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for for all of the passengers booked on flight PR 720 to Manila, Philippines. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. Thank you."

-

I'm now seating on my seat, I'm in business class pala, mom booked this so I have no idea that I'm in the business class pala, so no choice, at least I can lay down properly and relax, and have some privacy as well.

People are passing through me earlier, ayaw ko makipag unahan sa pag pasok, makaka upo din naman ako, my ticket is in business class so as I enter I know makakaupo din ako agad, so I calmly walk, with my earphones on.

I pray na sana walang turbulence or anything that will harm us all, as I observe kanina, maraming matatanda and few kids on this plane going in here in business class, what more in economy, still all of us are people.

---

People in the aircraft is almost full, malapit na matapos ang allowed time to let the passengers in, so after I checked every seat in economy class, and business class, we're all settled. I made my way to go back in font to start our take-off announcement in a moment, may sa ilan pa kasi na passengers na naglalakad papasok ng aircraft.

"Miss, ako nalang po mag cocover ng business class, para din po di na kayo mahirapan" I need to see baby girl, so I'll decline her offer.

"ayos lang naman sa akin, you can stay with others here in economy, I'll check economy class from time to time after I do the announcement, and accommodating the business class passengers, and our pilots." 

"okay po ma'am Wine"

"Ma'am Wine, emergency po, ayaw po sa amin makinig ng passenger, Chinese po siya ma'am"

"oh, okay, let me deal with it, lily, tell others to check and don't let any economy passengers go through business class area, baka may makarinig na passengers sa business class ng gulo sa economy class, ma cancel pa ang flight" she just nodded as a sign of yes

"Ano ba ang issue, bakit nag ka gulo?"

"seat number ma'am, ayaw po ng Chinese passenger maniwala na hindi kaniya yung seat ng old lady, uupo na po kasi dapat yung matanda--"

"old lady!? Oh god, lord, this is where I hate my job, pinagbuhatan ba ng kamay!?"

"pag alis ko po to call you, nag sasagutan sila, tinataasan ng boses po ng Chinese passenger yung old lady ma'am."

 She's right, I can see them as I walk down the business class, this man is raising his voice to an old lady, which I hate the most encounter ruckus here in-flight, this is one of the reason kaya mas pinipili ko ang business class rather than economy class, my co-flight attendants can't handle them fully, and calls for my attention always because of the passenger's attitude. But, I love my job so I'll bear with it, even though I hate this part of my job.

As we arrived the scene tinanong ko agad yung F.A na nandoon.

"ano na ang nangyari, pinag buhatan ba ng kamay si ma'am?"

"no ma'am, but he's shouting and not backing off, baka gusto niya magpalipat sa upuan ni lola, that's why he's acting up like that--"

"Zhè shì wǒ de zuòwèi!!" (This is my seat!) He shouted again, loudly this time to cut my attention from the person I'm talking to.

"Its my seat ijo, here's my seat, you may check my ticket, I'm saying the truth." I can see mangiyak-ngiyak na si lola habang naka tayo, she doesn't seem to have a guardian or someone together with her.

"Wǒ bù míngbái nǐ, lǎo tàitài." (I don't understand you, old lady.)

this man is rude, pretty rude. lord please let me have my patience again this time. I don't want any deceplinary action at work, I hate restraining passengers on-flight.

"Duìbùqǐ, xiānshēng, nǐ huì shuō yīngyǔ ma?" (Excuse me sir, but can you speak english?) naagaw ko naman pansin niya kahit papaano.

"Ó, gǎnxiè shàngdì, yǒu nǐ, shì de, wǒ kěyǐ." (Oh, thank god, there you are, yes I can.) Magtigil ka, di ka marunong gumalang, he look like he's on his late thirties.

"May I know what is the problem?"

"This old lady is stealing my seat." I took a pause seeing the situation first, since the seats in business class is full according to my co-Flight attendant.

" Can I see your plane ticket sir?"

"why? you don't trust me? I'm the passenger here." His smile faded when I asked his ticket, and his voice is raising, again, lord please don't let me loose my temper to this man.

"We trust you sir, I trust you, however, we need to check your ticket to make sure that your seat is really here, or is this really your flight that is indicated to your ticket." He then, scratch his head and took a step closer to me, to show his ticket. and I am right. My hunch is right.

"I'm headed to Thailand ma'am, is this isn't the flight to Thailand??" He looks puzzled, well I am too, but earlier, this is a flight to the Philippines, goodness gracious!! 

"I'm sorry sir, but this is flight is bound for Manila, Philippines. However, I can call a ground staff to accompany you to gate 4, your flight is  two hours from now, you can rest a seat on your gate." I smiled at him and calmly talked it out to him, thank you lord. Nag tataka ba kayo bakit ko alam yung flight time ng thailand, I always check the following flights of the days na kasabay ko before heading to the crew quarters to prep my upcoming flight.

"its okay, its my fault as well, excuse me for raising my voice miss." He smiled at me and bow as a sign of respect. few moments he faced lola, who is still standing. "ma'am, I am really sorry for raising my voice at you earlier, please forgive me, I'm just tired because I'm from work earlier"

"its okay ijo, I know, your under eyes are deep and dark, rest for the time being before your flight, take care ijo." she smiled to this man. Well, people make mistakes, do we.

I told the ground staff I know here, to assist the man out the aircraft to his gate, we're currently in US and a few moments later I'll do the announcement, I really am thankful that di sinumpong yung Chinese passenger, baka mamaya talagang na move yung airtime ng flight, though its move a bit still, time is gold for everyone of us here, we are in a long haul flight now, this is 16 hrs. and 44 minutes, estimated. 

"A pleasant afternoon to everyone welcome aboard Pacific Air. This is flight PR 720, United States of America, bound for Manila, Philippines. Only the guest of this flight should be on board. May we request all guests to please stowed your hand luggage properly under the seat In-front of you or in the storage bins above you. In addition please do not leave your baggage unattended. If you need our assistance please do not hesitate to call any of our cabin crew's attention that is present on this flight. Guests seated by exit rows are required to review the passenger briefing card. If you feel you are unable to carry out the instructions during emergency or concern about injuries please notify us immediately. Magandang tanghali po sa inyong lahat ito po ang Pacific Air lipad ng PR 720 patungong Manila. Para sa aming panauhin mangyaring ilagay po lamang ng maayos ang inyong kagamitan sa ilalim ng upuan sa harapan ninyo o sa ating overhead bins. Sa mga panauhing nakaupo sa exit rows basahin po lamang ang passengers briefing card. Kung sa inyong palagay ay hindi ninyo magagampanan ang mga panuntunan ng exit rows ipagbigay alam sa inyong Cabin Crews sa mga sandaling ito."

---

I was almost the last passenger to enter the aircraft on business class, and ang daming tao upfront na di parin tapos mag ayos, namomblema pa ako sa kung paano ako makakapunta sa designated seat ko dahil may tatlong nakaharang sa isle at inaayos ang gamit nila.

I have no choice though, we are all people so I waited, not so long, I proceed to my seat, and as I see my ticket to re-check nasa kabilang isle yung seat ko, so I did walk again, this is why I need to fix my glasses.

As I walk I saw the people around talking, medyo nagkagulo siguro kanina, I saw some people mumbling, and I understand English, obviously, buti na lang naayos agad nila yung di pagkaka intindihan,  headed flight pa man din to ng kaibigan ko, I don't want to steal the spotlight from them though. But, for the love of god I thank him, my seat is near the grandma who is involve with the situation earlier, and I saw that the man is leaving looking at his ticket, they're done.

"excuse me miss, I would like to pass, to go to my seat." she's assisting the passenger na involve kanina sa gulo, so I waited for her to position herself para maka daan ako.

"oh, sorry about that sir. There you go--" gumilid siya panandalian, kaso mali yung posisyon na napili ko para dumaan dahil di din ako nakatingin sa kaniya kanina, I'm fixing my hand carry luggage. 

Funny to imagine but we are facing each other habang dumaan ako kung saan siya nakatayo, hindi ko alam kung nagkukunwari lang siya para di kami ganoon kalapit, but she squeeze herself and tilt her head looking on the other isle accross us, and maybe nakita niyang may nag aayos ng bag nila sa over head bin, pansin kong napa buntong hininga pa siya bago umalis. pretty deep inhale. 

moments later pagka lagpas ko sa kaniya, she approached me. "sir, do you need help finding your seat number? she's a fast one. "yes, please." Then I meet her eyes, to smile, but I suddenly saw flashbacks when I met her eyes. its her eyes, the eyes I long for, to see.

She looked at me, smiling as well. Buti nalang naka eyeglasses ako, at least I got to see the reaction of people na kinakausap ako ng mas malinaw, even though blurred when it comes to letters and such, and I'm not worrying too because I tend to do a  poker face when talking to someone. When I looked at her again, I saw a glimpes of her,finally, naaalala ko yung mga mata niya kay Sage. I felt her uneasy feeling, so I erase my thoughts immediately and avoided her gaze.

I smile ate her quickly because she didn't choose to break the smile and the eye contact to me even though she felt uncomfortable.

"Here is your seat sir." I nodd as a sign of thank you and smiled at her. "Thank you." and I salute to her as a sign of thanking her one last time.

---------------------------

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER ONE OF THE STORY, EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT A PRO WRITER, I WISH THAT AT LEAST I MADE YOU SMILE READING THE CHAPTER ONE.

- YOUR WRITER, MJ 

-----------------------------

Note: I'll upload one chapter every-week. <33 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

130K 9.5K 37
Aahir Karthik:- successfully in his field as a pilot. He is a car racers and bike racer as a part-time job. He had passions for cars and bikes. no on...
565 13 4
Have you ever just looked around in a room full of people and suddenly someone caught your eye. When you studied that person from afar, or up close...
34.7K 3.2K 21
Picture a situation were two people live together although they hate each other. Why? Because he is forced to marry a girl he doesn't know even af...
31.2K 1.3K 50
She doesn't fit in the family. Her family is perfect if you don't include her. Her family is overprotective of her. She is a dreamer. She is a bird...