Royal Innocence

By bethia9

He was the prince. I was the Duke's daughter. He was my brother's best friend. And my sworn enemy. There was... More

Prologue
1-Those are muscles, not fat!!
2- Are you stuffing your bra?
3- That Waters dude dies and Haley chick cries.
4 - You look like a clown!
5 - no PDA in front of brother!
7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.
8 - Just open ur freaking door!!
9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!
10 - No swearing, my Prince
11 - He-who-shall-not-be-named and Piglet broke up
12 - But, just so you know, I'm still hotter.
13 - Have you seen my idiot brother and HRH?
14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?
15 - Brictionary
16 - It's Christine Daae, not Christine Dying
17 - Like you are the last two pieces of brownies on earth
18 - I thought British boys were supposed to be gentlemen.
19 - future princess, stop staring at Prince charming.
20 - Never been so happy to see the door!
21 - No!! Jason! Don't leave me!!
22 - Hey, nice day, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed it coz I'm gonna kill you.
23 - What are you expecting me to feel?
24 - Yeah and one night stands happen upon the first meeting
Special Announcement
25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?
26 - I'm sorry for being muscular
27 - My brother's already like a bull who saw a red cloth.
Something to say (not an update)
28 - Here goes nothing
29 - Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner
30 - Lover boy and Mr. Protective
31 - Like a Skyscraper
32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Royal Announcements - Plans
Royal Announcements - new book
THANK YOU + new book

6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!

4.6K 155 45
By bethia9

Previously on Royal Innocence:

After returning home from her one month anniversary date with Toby, Brianna found her whole family waiting for her in the sitting room.

'Kids, we have something to tell you.' Mom began.
''Is it bad?' Ashton asked, looking up.
Mom glanced at Dad before answering in a small voice,
'Yes.'

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 6: I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!

Mom's words repeated in my head over and over again.

Cordelia passed away.

''Ha, nice joke Mom, but I'm not gonna fall for it! I just came back from hers this afternoon, how could she be dead?!" I laughed, a humorless laugh.

''I'm sorry, honey, but I'm not joking, I wish I am, but...' she sniffed as tears fell.

Cordelia passed away.

Mom wasn't joking. Cordelia was dead and there was nothing I could do to have her back.

''How?' I asked in a small voice. Ashton was silent beside me. ''How did she die?"

'The results are not out yet. All we've been told is that... About half an hour after you left, she started to pale. Unfortunately, no one was around her as her nurse had gone to fetch some water. When the nurse came back, Cordelia was choking. Lucy, the nurse, tried giving her water, but Cordelia just threw up. So, they immediately rushed her to the hospital, but it was too late. She... she died about an hour after you left. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know you guys loved her like a grandmother. I...' Mom answered, but I had zoned out after ''she died about an hour after you left.' It was all my fault, if I had stayed longer, she wouldn't have died. I would have seen her getting paler and would rush her to the hospital just in time. It was all my fault, it was all my fault.

It was all my fault.

''It's not your fault, darling. Don't say that. No one could ha-' Dad suddenly said.

Did I say that aloud?

''It is!' I yelled, having no control of myself anymore. My arms flaring to make my point. ''If I hadn't left. If... I stayed longer, I'd ... I'd seen her get paler. She wouldn't have died, she'd be in hospital in time!! It's all my fault!' By this time, I was going crazy, like a mad woman, and Ashton, finally moving, had me pinned down in his arms.

''It is. It is my fault! It is, it is.' I sobbed into my brother's arms.

'Shh, Shh. It's okay, it's okay.' He whispered in my ear. I then heard some footsteps coming closer and soon our parents were at our sides, patting us, soothing us.

Knock, knock.

''Your grace?' Dallas said to my parents. ''A few people are here to see you, for Miss Cordelia.'

Mom and Dad quickly wiped their eyes and stood up.

''Take care of each other.' Dad said gently.

''Love you guys.' Mom said as they went out.

''It IS my fault, don't you see? If-' I whispered to Ashton.

''Shh, no it's not. It's not. Look, I understand what you're feeling, okay? I feel that too. I loved her just as much as you loved her. It's-'

''No, you don't understand what I'm going through!! You're not the one who visited her today! Look at you! You're not doing anything! You never said anything! You're just sitting there doing nothing! Nothing at all!' I shouted, pushing myself off his lap and sat next to him instead. I knew I wasn't making any sense. Hell, I didn't even know why I said that, but I was angry and I didn't know what to do or think anymore.

''Me? Not doing anything? What do you mean! Not everyone's Like you, crying and asking endless questions! If it's your fault, then it could've been mine too! If I had offered to switch visits with you, then she'd be alright since I'd stayed longer! But it's no one's fault! No one knows why she died! At least not yet! And who said I'm not doing anything! I didn't want anyone to see me cry! I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake! Do you expect me to scream and cry?' He yelled. I widened my eyes, finally noticing his tear-streaked face. I looked at him for a moment, not knowing what to say. I knew what I said was wrong, and I regret the words instantly. I wasn't angry at him, I was... urgh! I was upset, I guess, very upset.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I... ' I apologized, turning towards him. He looked up and his eyes immediately softened.

''Com'on here, little sis.' He said, pulling me towards him.

We stayed like that for some time, until Cara came and called us to get outside.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"So, according to Mrs Miller's will, his Grace the Duke of Thelisia will inherit...' a man in formal and expensive looking suit said. He was Cordelia's lawyer and had come to talk about her will.

Surprising, Cordelia gave us pretty much everything. Half of her money went to various charities and 1/8 of what was left were divided equally among Ryan and Genevieve, the rest was divided equally among the four of us. I also inherited a lot of her stuff. She even left Dad Sweets!! Basically all she left Ryan and Genevieve were the money, the house and some bits and pieces.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The next day was a Sunday. I stayed in my room the whole day, earning 68 messages and 46 missed calls from Trisha and Toby.

I screamed and cried into my pillow.

Cordelia's dead.

Thank for reminding me.

No problem, that's what I'm for.

Screw you.

Ashton and I didn't go to school the next few days. I spent every day in my room, eating just enough to survive.

Knock, knock.

''Go away!' I shouted.

''Anna, come out! You can't stay there all cooped up!' My mom's voice was filled with worry.

I stayed silent, mainly because I was too tired to talk.

I heard Mom sigh.

''Look, you are sixteen now and old enough to make your own decisions. Just ... I just want to say... Cordelia wouldn't want to see you and Ashton like this. Life goes on, darling. Look at your father, he's upset, but he knows he has to go to work. Coz, darling... Cordelia wouldn't want to see you like this.' She paused, waiting for me to respond. I didn't. Finally, she said,

'Your father and I will be leaving now. I wish we don't have to, I really don't want to leave you two alone for a week... But ... Well, bye, darling. I'll see you in a week. Love you. ' With that, she left.

Cordelia wouldn't want to see you like this.

I sat there for a minute, those words repeating in my head over and over again.

Life goes on.

Mom was right. So, I got up and the first thing I did was to go to my bathroom. I looked at my reflection and cringed. I looked terrible. Blood-shot eyes, and not to mention the bags underneath. My hair was all tangled. Basically, I looked like I should be on the streets instead.

So, I took a long hot bath. And went downstairs to get something to eat. Finally, I decided to have a nice long nap. I woke up at around 3pm and felt much better. It still hurt, Cordelia being dead and all, but at least I felt... fresh.

So, I decided to go to the library, the one in my house, not outside. I still wasn't ready to go out and meet people. I was sure her death would be the talk of town since she was the owner of one of the largest department stores.

Who owned Sweets now?

I dismissed that thought and pulled out The Selection from my bookshelf. I then sat in my favourite seat - a comfy armchair next to the window- and started escaping into Illea.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

''My lady?' A voice said, causing me to jump in my seat. I reluctantly brought myself back to reality, as the pain from losing Cordelia hit me once again.

''Yes?' I asked Dallas.

''A few cops at the door looking for you.'

''Me?' I asked.

''Yes.'

Why did they come and ask for me?

I wandered into the doorway curious and sure enough, not one, but three cops were standing there.

''Lady Brianna Huntley of Thelisia?' A kind looking female cop asked.

'That's me.' I replied, forcing a fake smile.

'I am arresting you on suspicion of murdering Cordelia Louisa Miller. You don't have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be taken down and given in evidence.' A fierce looking male one said.

I stared at him, dumbfounded. I was speechless, I couldn't believe what was happening. Me?

No, they must have gotten it wrong. Maybe there's someone else called Brianna Huntley?

You sure there's two Lady Brianna Huntley of Thelisia?

Suddenly, I wished I was seven years old again. And that I could just crawl into Mom's lap and listen to Dad telling me not to be scared and that he'd solve everything.

But this could never happen. Because I'm not seven anymore and I wasn't just accused of saying something bad to my classmate. This time even my Dad couldn't save me. Because this time, I was accused of murder.

Suddenly, another cop came towards me with handcuffs.

Scream, Brianna! Run! Don't let him come near you with those metal things!

But I was frozen on my spot. I willed myself to do something, I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

Where's Mom and Dad?

Oh yeah, they had to meet the president of United States or something.

'Wait!' Dallas called, coming closer, I had forgotten he was here. 'You can't arrest her, she's a minor, and no legal guardian is present.'

'Well, is any legal guardian in the house?' The female one, Lana, sneered. Well, guess she's not really kind after all.

I turned towards Dallas, who obviously didn't know what to say since Ashton was just up the stairs. He was my legal guardian after he turned 18. I nodded at him since there was no use lying to the cops anyways.

Dallas went up the stairs and was back in less than a minute.

'Ah! What a coincidence! The Marquess was just coming down to get something!' Dallas announced, as a very confused Ashton followed him. I would have laughed if I wasn't that scared.

Ashton's eyes darted towards the bored looking Lana, then to the fierce and smug looking Joshua and finally to Jared, who had handcuffs in his hands. He eyes widened for a second, but immediately, straightened his posture. I can tell he was going into the 'Marquess ' mode.

'What's all this?' He asked.

'Well, kid. Your sister is being-' Joshua began.

'Eh! Manners, officer. Please.' Ashton said. Joshua looked towards the other with an annoyed look and the three bowed.

''Your Grace.'

'And?' Ashton asked, gesturing towards me.

'Your Grace.'

Wow, I never knew Ashton was that good at handling crisis. He looked so calm!

'Okay. Now tell me what's going on.' Ashton said, winking at me. I felt better immediately.

''Lady Brianna is being arrested on suspicion of murdering Cordelia Louisa Miller.' Joshua answered with a smirk. My eyes widened as in a flash, I felt the cold surface of the handcuffs on my hand.

''No!' The three of us cried at the same time.

''Stop! Don't touch my sister! I'm her legal guardian!' Ashton cried.

'' Yes, sir. I know, but your job is to make sure she doesn't say anything wrong and get her a lawyer. She is still being arrested.' Lana replied as Jared secured the cuffs around my hands. I shrugged against him but Jared was too strong for me. Suddenly Ashton launched forward.

''I said let go of her, you bastard!! Don't touch her!!' He screamed, Dallas and Joshua held him back as he tried to escape their firm grips.

''Let go of her!' A voice full of authority said. I looked up to see Jason, holding something that looked like Ashton's homework, at the doorway and I had never been that relieved to see him. Dallas and Joshua let go of Ashton.

''Your highness.' The three cops and Dallas bowed. Jason waved his hand.

''What's happening?'

Joshua once again explained everything. Jason looked shock for a moment, but quickly said.

''Let go of her. Get those handcuffs of her, officer... Jared. We're doing this the royal way.' We all widened our eyes.

'' The royal way' was a very special system in Sherfil. And only the king/queen or a authorized prince/ princess (aka heir to the Sherfil throne who was a legal adult already) could request that. And there must also be sufficient reasons for that. '' The royal way' meant that the suspect must not be treated as a suspect and questioning could be held at wherever the person concerned wanted and could change the time. He/she would not even have to go to jail until he/she was sentenced.

''Lady Brianna is a minor, has no criminal record and is a straight A student. And therefore, eligible for the royal way. Now let her go.'

Jared let me go immediately, and as cliche as it sounded, I ran towards Ashton who hugged me tightly.

'' But your highness, the questioning-' Lana began.

''Will be conducted when her lawyer's here and in the sitting room. Are you the ones who will be questioning her?' Jason replied without missing a beat.

'No, your highness, but I can call her.' Jared said, as he starting dialling a number. We all went to the living room. Less than half an hour later, Luke aka Trisha's dad aka my lawyer arrived. Turned out, Cara had gone to call him.

After greeting us, he said to Jason,

'Jason? Think you can handle these three for awhile?'

'Yes, Luke.'

'Good, Ash, Anna, follow me.' He gestured towards the direction of the sitting room. Once we arrive in there, he locked the door and told us to sit down.

'Right, don't be scared, Brianna, I got it. Where are your parents? When are they coming back?'

'As soon as possible. Right after meeting the president. Think they'll back by the day after?' Ash answered.

'Good. So, Brianna, I want you to tell everything. Everything that happened that day. From how you started with the idea of cooking the broth.' Luke said.

'Broth? Why? How did you know about me cooking the broth?' I asked.

'This might be a shock to you, sweetheart. But it was that broth that killed her.'

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's notes

So, a quite intense chapter... n yes the excerpt fm my intro is finally up!!

I suck at writing deep stuff, sorry.

Song on the side kinda describes Brianna's situation (the chorus)

Hope u like this chappie!!

Pls Vote and comment!!

~Bethia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 201 37
In our modern days. In these days, our days. In this century. Two kingdoms with two Royal families chained with differences. They soon will be reuni...
106K 3.2K 53
Nathan Howland. Not your average everyday student. Unless having the title of 'The Demon' is average. An aggressive nerd is not one you'd meet any d...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...