The One Jokester That Stole Y...

By _l0vely-

You, Harry, Ron and Hermione become best friends in first year and are inseparable . But, what happens when y... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 7

479 14 30
By _l0vely-

Spell Glossary

Finite Incantatem-- A counter-spell for most minor jinxes and hexes.

Expelliarmus--Disarming spell; it knocks the victim's weapon (usually a wand) out of his/her hands.

Stupefy-- A charm that stunned the target, rendering them unconscious.

Crucio--the Torture Curse- One of the most powerful and sinister spells known to Wizardkind. When cast successfully the curse inflicted intense, excruciating pain on the victim.

I ran down the stairs to the common room to find that neither Hermione, Harry nor Ron was there.  I found Neville on the ground though.

"OMG, Neville what happened!" I exclaimed, running over to help him up.

"Hermione happened," he sighed.

"Here let me help you," I took out my wand and pointed it to  him, "Finite Incantatem!" I chanted. He became un-stiff and stood up. "Do you mind telling me where she went?" I asked.

"I don't know, but she went out of the common room along with Ron and Harry," he said, rubbing his arms.

"Thanks Neville you really are the best," I said and ran out of the common room as well. I hadn't realized the temperature when I ran out of the common room and found myself shivering when I first stepped out. I couldn't go back and grab a jumper though, I needed to find them first. I ran down a few flights of stairs and soon I was on the third floor. I ran down the corridor and whipped around the corner, when I was met with something hard.

"Blimey Y/N, you need to watch where you are going," someone said, chuckling.

"Sorry, my bad," I said, looking up tp find none other than Cedric. "Hey, what are you doing down here?" I asked him.

"Erm......." was all he could manage to say. I stood there waiting for his answer, fiddling with my thumbs

"You know what, I don't have time for this," I said, starting to walk away from him.

"Wait," Cedric stopped me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Take my jumper. It's freezing down here and I can see you have goosebumps already," he offered.

"No Cedric really I have to ge-" but before I could finish my sentence he hurled a jumper towards me.

"Now go on, and no need to thank me, we are practically brother and sister," he joked, nudging my shoulder.

"Thank you Ced," I gave him a quick hug and ran off.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I ran to the door that would reveal the three headed dog, to find it was slightly ajar. Must've been Hermione. I walked in, and the dog was fast asleep to the music from a harp, that was enchanted to keep playing. I walked quietly and slowly around the dog to get to the trap door. I was just about to lift the door when a big blob of dog slobber ran down my hair. I slowly looked up terrified, knowing what was above me.

I came face to face with the three dog heads, and as calmly as I could took out my wand. I pointed it towards the harp to distract the dogs as I slowly lifted the trapdoor. I managed to lift it all the way and jump down it, as I heard the dogs barking above me.

I landed into a big pile of.... Well I don't really know what it is. I tried climbing out of it but whatever it was kept pulling me down. Aha, I must be devils snare. Remain calm, remain calm. I kept saying to myself. 

Soon the devil's snare was wrapped around my whole body and I could feel it pulling me downwards. And just as I felt like it was going to suffocate me, I came into contact with the hard ground. "Ouch!" I exclaimed rubbing my elbows. There was another door that I walked right through, which revealed a gigantic chess board.

"Y/NNN!" I heard Ron exclaim.

"Guys, where are you?" I asked, sounding very confused.

"Come to the chess board and stand in place of one of the bishops." Ron commanded.

"Okay, but please tell me we aren't playing wizards chess?" I asked.

"Well we aren't," Ron exclaimed. "I am!" he said proudly. I understood this since he was the best out of all of us.  After some time Harry and I where on the complete other end of the board. "There is only one more move left," Ron said. I looked at where he was and saw the scared look on his face, and soon came to the realization.

"RON NO!" I exclaimed.

"Uh, whatisit," Hermione asked throwing her hands up.

"He's going to sacrifice himself!" Harry yelled.

Hermione took the weirdest stance and shouted, "No you can't, there must be another way!"

Ron just shook his head and soon his piece was moving forward, right in front of the queen. everything was still for a second, then the queen striked Ron and fell, laying helpless on the floor.

"CHECKMATE!" I screamed and ran over to Ron. 

"Harry, Y/N , we must go now!" Hermione yelled.

"No, we can't just leave him here," I protested.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not?" she asked us. I shrugged and Harry nodded his head.

"I have an idea. I'll stay with Ron, and you two go on without me," she suggested.

"Okay, but tell Ron I'm sorry and will be with him soon," I told her. She nodded. Harry and I gave each other a look and were soon off. We walked through to another room.  There was again, another door. We made our way too it but it was locked. We needed to find the key. We looked everywhere for it, and I soon found a lever.

"Harry, look at what I found," I exclaimed. He made his way over to me. He studied the lever and decided to pull it.

"Uh oh, Harry, the ground is moving," I said, grabbing his arm and burying my head into it. Soon we were met with a long floor that had the different phases of the moon on it. It looked very familiar. 

"Great, just great," I grumbled, pulling my hand off Harry's arm and stomping towards where the moon phases ended.

"What?" questioned Harry.

"We have to duel now," I said, angrily.

"Us? We? We are duelling? Each other?" He questioned, his voice getting higher and higher each time.

"It appears so, I had just read about it, and the floor makes it obvious," I said pointing towards the drawings on the floor.  "So unless someone is going to come and duel us, I suppose we must duel each other." Just as I said that, a man came out of nowhere. 

"One of you step up and if you can beat me, you may go on," the man said in a monotone voice. He walked to the middle of the floor, limping as he did so.

"Have you been beat before?" I asked him.

"I'd rather not say," the man said. "Let's get this over with, I don't have all day," he snapped.

"Harry, move out of the way. I know more about this than you," Harry moved out of the way, before I even started talking. He was looking between me and the man. I walked towards the middle and turned my back, not acknowledging that the man was facing me with his wand, getting ready to start. 

I heard him shuffling his feet. Then after a few seconds he said, "Get your wand ready," at this I pulled out my wand. We both walked in opposite directions and turned to face each other. I lifted my wand above my head, taking my stance as he mimicked what I did.

1....2.....3...

"Expelliarmus," I yelled.

"Stupefy!" He exclaimed. But he was too late. I was much quicker than he and soon he was barreling backwards. He hit the ground with a thud. Before he could get up I ran and grabbed Harry's hand and pulled through the now unlocked door.

We were expecting to find Snape there, however we didn't. We were met with Professor Quirrell standing in front of the Mirror of Erised. 

"You," I gasped.

"But I thought — Snape —" Harry started.

"Severus?" Quirrell laughed, and it wasn't his usual quivering treble,either, but cold and sharp. "Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? Souseful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor, st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

"But I thought it was Snape?!" Harry turned to Professor Quirrell with a look of bewilderment.

"Severus? It was never Severus. I am quite offended actually," Quirrell said.

"So it was you that let the troll in on Halloween?" I snapped at him.

"Yes. What a very clever girl you are," he said walking towards me. Harry stepped in front of me to block me from Quirrell. But I didn't want to hid. I stepped around Harry's back and stepped in front of him. I gave Harry a look and nodded towards the mirror. I think he understood what I was hinting at because he started to slowly walk towards the mirror, making sure Quirrell couldn't see him.

"I was always very keen of you Miss Harpis. After all, it was your parents that almost got Voldemort killed the first time," he said smirking, unwrapping his IDK WHAT ITS CALLEd. 

"You don't get to speak about my parents, you filthy traitor!" I yelled at him. He then turned around to reveal something quiet ugly on the back of his head.

"M' lord. I have here both Harpis and Potter, as you wished," Quirrell said. I looked past Quirrell and saw Harry standing, his back facing the mirror. He pointed to his pocket, which was now filled with something.

"She is useless now...Use the boy . . . Use the boy . . ." Voldemort spoke a harsh whisper. Quirrell rounded on Harry. 

"Yes — Potter — come here, Come here," Quirrell repeated. "Look in the mirror and tell me what yo usee." Harry walked toward the mirror. "Well?" said Quirrell impatiently. "What do you see?" 

"I see myself shaking hands with Dumbledore," he invented. "I — I've won the House Cup for Gryffindor."

"He lies," Voldemort said. "Let me speak to him."

"As you wish," Quirell replied.

"Harry Potter . . ." Voldemort whispered.Harry just stood there."See what I have become?" the face said. "Mere shadow and vapor . . . I have form only when I can share another's body . . . but there have always been those willing to let me into their hearts and minds. . . . Unicorn blood has strengthened me, these past weeks . . .. . . . Now . . . why don't you give me that Stone in your pocket?"So he knew. Harry stumbled backward."Don't be a fool," snarled the face. "Better save your own life and join me . . . or you'll meet the same end as your parents. . . . They died begging me for mercy. . . ."

Harry's anger was boiling out of him and he sprung towards the head. Quireel spun around and grabbed Harry's hands. At the mere touch of Harry, I saw Quirrell's eyes fill with fear. He hunched over in pain.

"Seize him... Seize him!"

"Master, I can't. M-my hands," Quirrell managed to say.

"Then kill him, fool, and be done!" screeched Voldemort. 

Quirrell raised his hand to perform a deadly curse, but Harry, by instinct, reached up and grabbed Quirrell's face —"AAAARGH!" Quirrell rolled off him, his face blistering, too. Quirrell couldn't touch his bare skin, not without suffering terrible pain. 

Harry sprung at him again, and soon Quirrell had blisters all over him. 

"Harry over here," I yelled. He tossed the stone to me. I caught it and started running.

"Not so fast young lady," Voldemort said.

"Crucio!" Quirrell shouted. I felt my legs give out beneath me. Soon pain was souring through my body. My head felt as it was going to split in two. My bones felt as if they were on fire. My skin felt as though knives were piercing it. I screamed the loudest I have ever screamed.  Black started to fill in my eyes until soon, pain was all I knew.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I tried opening my eyes but the light was too bright. I groaned as it hurt my eyes. I tried sitting up, wincing as a shooting pain made its way from my feet, to my back and head.

"Hey, hey. You're okay, Y/N," someone said and grabbed my hand. I recognized the voice as Cedric.

"Cedric is that you?" I asked, still not opening my eyes.

"Yes, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Fred and George just left a while ago to go get lunch. A lot of other people have been visiting none stop asking how you are," he said. I finally managed to open my eyes.

"How long have I been here?" I asked him.

"About two weeks, give or take," he said, softly.

"Two weeks?!?" I exclaimed with a shocked look on my face.

"Yea. Madam Pomfrey reckons you were hit with the Cruciatus Curse. She says you should've died being hit with the curse so young," he said.

"How is Harry, Hermione and Ron?" I asked, still processing the information he just told me.

"They are fine, you got the worst of them," he explained. "The Cruacious Curse is one of the unforgivable curses. People who cast them usually get sent to Azkaban, the wizarding world prison."

"Did Quirrell get sent there,?" I asked. He shook his head. We sat there in a minute of silence, Then my memory of that night started coming back to me.

"I never felt pain like that in my life," I remarked suddenly. Cedric looked up at me with a soft smile and gave my hand a squeeze.

"I felt as if everything in my body was screaming. Every bone felt as if it were being torched, by brain felt as if it was going to get torn apart," I said, a few tears managing to escape my eyes. Cedric noticed this and put his hand to my face and wiped the tears away.

"You are okay now," he said getting up and sitting in the bed next to me. "I'll make sure nothing like that ever happens to you again, I swear," he remarked and pulled me into a hug. My head rested on his chest and he rested his head on mine. 

"Cedric what happened to Professor Quirrell?" I asked him.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, but he didn't make it out," he said, holding me tighter in his grip. We stayed there for a little while, not talking, but in a comforting silence. That is until Ron, Harry and Hermione came running in.'

"Oh my gosh!" Hermione squealed.

"Bloody hell Y/N, you gave us quite a scare," Ron said, putting his hands to his chest.

"This must be my cue to leave," Cedric said. He kissed my forehead and got up to leave.

"Thank you for staying here Cedric. It means a lot," I said.

"You don't need to thank me, I'm always here for you," he said sincerely and then left the room

Harry ran up and gave me a big hug and whispered, "I'm glad you're alright."

"Me too," I whispered back a smile spreading over my face.

We chatted about what I missed in the last two weeks and how the end of school was in a week already. 

"I am so glad I'm back. I've missed this and you guys," I said.

"We've missed you to," they all said in unison.

Hey guys, sorry for a terrible and very rushed chapter. I just wanted to get this year over with, and thankfully it will be over in the next chapter (hopefully), then probably a time skip to fourth year. Also I had to include the funniest scene of the movie. Hermione looked and sounded so funny omg. Whoever doesn't know what 'm talking about, it's when she says "no you can't there must be another way". I can literally hear her saying it haha. Anyways I promise this book is going to better I just have a lot of stuff going on. Anyways, hope you like this chapter.

<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 2.2K 22
Thea is back for her second year at Hogwarts. Her and Draco are back together being best friends. Someone goes missing and new adventures await. Read...
1.3K 89 20
Your name is Quinn Granger and you are Hermiones older sister. You are a Gryffindor and you are heading into your Fifth Year at hogwarts. Fred and Ge...
54.8K 1K 56
The Weasley twins have been friends with Victoria Chase for the longest time even if their feelings get in the way of each other. As they grow older...
9.6K 148 18
You know him better than anyone. He's your best friend for almost 5 years now. However what happens when you realise you have feelings for him? Does...