✔️ You're not him | K.TH

By metaemorphisis

[Completed] "You're not him." "But I can love you better than him." Slipping through a portal and ending up i... More

PROLOGUE
Who are you?
The Bodyguard
Dating Scandal
New Neighbours
Introductions
Fanboy-ing
Fake Love
Move In
Departmental Store
The Cleaner
Another Shopping Spree
Pack of Ramyeon
Board Meeting
Mr. Einstein
Personal Question
Kim Yeji
Pity & Trust
Squirrel with a bad stomach
The Kims
The Search
The File
Nothing but a Tragedy
Nothing but a Tragedy pt.2
You Belong with Me
You're not Alone
The Troublemaker
The Eavesdropper
Interlude: You're not him
Loneliness
Glass of Water
The Emergency Exit
The Telephone
You deserve better
Press Conference
Publicity Stunt
The Traitor
The Confession
Back to Reality
Employee's Party
Bunny Boy
The Autopsy
Make it Worth it
Roller coaster or Waterslide
Love Lies
EPILOGUE

The Blonde Male

4K 312 76
By metaemorphisis

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
The Blonde Male

CHOI JISOO

The day of the anniversary party had finally arrived, and just as Taehyung promised he spoke to Jaehee and organised stylists, hair and make-up artists for me.

It was already afternoon but I couldn't seem to find Taehyung anywhere. He left the house this morning saying he had some important work to do and since then he was missing.

I had to call him quite a few times since I was unusually paranoid about his disappearance. And in return, he assured me that he was safe and getting his job done - whatever that meant.

In the morning, I had to pick out an attire for the evening. I had quite a few options and each one of them looked good in their own ways. There were some that were straight up BOLD, featuring either a deep neckline or a backless cut that'd display my entire back or both. My style was modest, so I opted for ones that were simple and something that I'd be comfortable in throughout the party.

After a few trial and errors, I finally picked a tulle dress that fit my taste. It was a light shade of gold. The puffiness of the skirt and flowy, translucent sleeves made up for all the weight I'd lost these past few weeks.

I put on a robe to get my hair and makeup done.

When it came t my hairstyle, I choose to have a simple one, again for the same reason of not having to deal with complicated styles that would easily go out of place and have a hard time fixing it myself.

For my makeup, I went with a subtle brown Smokey eye makeup and glossy, red lips.

Lastly was the hair.

My black hair was up to my lower back. No matter how much I loved my previously thick mane, I wanted to try something new.

Because of the chemotherapy, my hair was falling out anyway, so I felt that changing up my hair would be good before they all fall out or before I'll have to shave them off. So after an everlasting contemplation, I got my hair chopped off till my shoulders.

Seeing inches of my hair now on the ground broke my heart as years and years went into growing it out. However, I would've been lying if I said I didn't like my short hair. I looked like a completely new person.

It made me happy.

The stylist doused my hair with mousse and gave it a side part with large, voluminous curls that again made up for all the hair I had lost because of the therapy.

This wasn't the first time I was dressed up like this, but for some reason, I was excited for Taehyung to see me like this. I wondered what his reaction would be like.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom before I could slip into the dress.

Once I finished my business, I walked out only to see a blonde male in a gold colour suit facing his back to me while he looked out of the window. A chill went down my spine as I couldn't see any of the stylists that were here only a few moments ago.

"Um... who are you?" I asked.

My breathe got caught in my throat when the man turned around.

"You dyed your hair!?"

"You cut your hair!?"

We both exclaimed at the same time.

"And here I thought that I was the one who wanted to surprise you." Taehyung chuckled.

I touched the ends of my short hair and blushed, "Well, how does it look?"

"You look great. Fancying the robe though. You're sure going to make heads turn with that outfit."

I looked down and realised that I was only in a robe. I hid my face with embarrassment as Taehyung bursted out laughing

Once the laughter died down, I heard his footsteps get closer to me. I felt fingers wrap around my wrist and gently pull them away from my face, "Don't hide all that beauty."

I felt my heart skip a beat.

Why is Taehyung behaving like this? Am I dreaming again?

I got lost in his deep brown eyes when I looked up to meet his face. Time froze still as I began to wander in those coffee irises of his.

KIM TAEHYUNG

A knock on the door broke us off.

"Look at you adorable lovebirds. You make my heart so warm!" The middle-aged hairstylist exclaimed as she placed her hand on her heart, "As much I'd love to see more of this romance, your girlfriend can't leave with a robe on her."

I let go of Jisoo's wrists and hastily walked out as I felt my cheeks heat up.

What is happening to me!

I could no longer decipher my feelings. Ever since the day I almost lost Jisoo, I had this unusual feeling in my chest that would always come alive whenever I was around her. Not to mention the number of times we'd simply drown in each other's gaze like it was the most beautiful artwork one could have ever created.

As days went on, the more I tried to suppress those feelings the bigger they'd grow.

I broke out of my thoughts when I heard the door to Jisoo's room open. My head snapped to the door, revealing Jisoo in a beautiful evening gown that was in the shade of gold, complimenting her pale skin and black hair.

I felt my heart thud against my rib cage as she walked out, getting closer and closer to me.

"We match."

"What?" I whispered breathlessly.

"We're wearing the same colours." She smiled widely, revealing her pearly white teeth.

I looked down at my attire and nodded in realisation, "I call it destiny."

What the fuck are you saying, man?

Jisoo blinked a few times before erupting into light-hearted chuckles.

"Are you guys ready or wha- whoa!" Jungkook froze at the main door, eyes dancing back and forth between Jisoo and I, "You guys look amazing."

Jaehee poked her head in, expression turning into that of Jungkook's, "Wow, you guys are matching? Talk about cheesy couple goals."

Jisoo and I exchanged shy glances before quickly looking away.

"Okay, lovebirds. Get moving. At this pace we'll be visiting next century's anniversary party." Jaehee rolled her eyes before leaving. Jungkook winked at me before following in tow with Jaehee.

"Shall we?" I gestured Jisoo to take the lead and later followed her out.

"In case it wasn't obvious, there are going to be reporters, journalists, photographers and other celebrities and businessmen." Jaehee said as we got into the elevator, "Please don't make anyone suspicious about your relationship. The last thing we want is defamation of the agency on its anniversary."

Jisoo and I nodded reassuringly.

"Who's your plus one, Noona?" Jungkook piped.

Jaehee gave him a side glare, "I have no plus one. Handling the three of you is more than enough. Can't add one more to the list."

"It's okay to admit that you had no one to bring." Jungkook lightly shoved Jaehee's shoulder.

"And I'll make sure no one finds your body after tonight."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Jaehee's threat while Jisoo began laughing. My eyes involuntarily fixated on Jisoo as her mellifluous giggles bounced against my eardrums.

And there it was again, the warm feeling blossoming in my chest again.

Oh, god... What's happening to me?

How was this chapter????

I'm kinda happy with how it turned out. I hope this chapter made your day.

Oh, and about the "Troublemaker", he's gonna be in the next chapter, I promise!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 8.7K 30
❝I'm not falling in love with him. I know I'm not.❞ He was a roommate she never wanted, but he became someone she couldn't live without. --- M...
53K 1.8K 15
Jimin who is unaware of love his friend Taehyung holds for him meets a guy who claims to be his former lover. But Jimin can't remember him at all. S...
5.3K 612 31
Sarica, who nightly dreamt of her own death wasn't afraid of anything. That is until she wakes up trapped inside a castle owned by a terrifying creat...
258K 12K 66
This story contains: - Family drama - suicidal - self harm -mental illness - violence - assault - social issues - etc "I love you," Jungkook...