The Football Player And The C...

By TheSecondMadHatter

Sage, the football player, star quarterback and feared by everyone. Comes home to a junkie mother and a abusi... More

Mister???
What time is it?? Jersey time.
Cinderella at a high school mascarade ball
Worse than a junkie and a alcoholic getting married in Vegas
You can't turn a hoe to a housewife but you can turn a slut into a tomboy;kinda
Oops it's out.
Did I just sing Meghan Trainer?
Here comes the BOOM!!
Cold times warm days
The con man fixed something shocker right!?
It's Not Just Make Believe
He was Channing Tatum and I almost died
Get Yer Nerd On!!
Red Dragon Mafia, We Meet At Last
Raging hormones and a dead shark don't mix
Numb my body.........wash
You're a dark purple Jelly bean or a pink one?
The ring barriers history and the little leather book
Tracing chips Doritos and Mr. Okumura
Annoying Talkative Chocolate Hater
I'm a blonde bimbo girl avoiding evil penguins
Legend wait for it dary......helmet
The skeleton key;knowing if it's wrong
Speaker phone mishap 'cause she wanted to be cupid
Championships here finally
Baby moments...... Great
Slut-tastic Beach Day
On my heart.... Well stomach just like a tattoo; bartender
End☺️☺️
Epilouge

Your like a bipolar polar bear

4.3K 125 3
By TheSecondMadHatter

" Sage! " Rudy yelled. Ugh, I guess it's time to wake up. I rolled off of the bed and trudged to the bathroom. Apparently, I have no bathroom 'cause I ran into a brick hard wall. I felt the wall without opening my eyes.

" Sage? What are you doing? " my eyes snap open to the familiar yet unfamiliar voice near the door. I saw the all white walls and sighed. It wasn't a dream.

" Sorry, I thought I was in the hotel room again. " I said sheepishly. Rudy chuckled.

" Well you need to hurry. School starts in 30 minutes. " when she said that I ran out the room.

" Down the hall to the right!! " she shouted after me. I thanked the and made my way to the end of the hall. Now did she say left or right? I opened the left door to be shouted at.

" What are you doing? " I look up to see Adam putting on his shirt. I quickly looked away blushing. Since when do I blush?

" Sorry, wrong door. " I told him, I started to walk out but he stopped me.

"What are you going to do about football? Now that your in the Mafia championships aren't the answer. " he explained. His vice was hard and emotionless. And a turn on.

Bad Sage. Bad.

" Just let me okay championships them I will quit. " I told him and before he could respond I went into the room across the hall. Thank God it was the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got out. I looked at the clock outside the bathroom. 20 more minutes. I looked at the empty hallway to make sure there was nobody up stairs. Luckily, there wasn't, to my knowledge. I tightened the towel more and made my way to my room. If I could only remember which one it was. Each door had a distinctive mark. Adams was completely black and the others had a scratch somewhere. The one I was in had no marks what so every. Thank God. I ran back to the other end to be stopped. Damn.

" Why are you running? You look cute wet. " was that, Adam? I thought he was the stone hearted, or the player? Ugh, probably annoying anyways.

" What's up with you Adam? You like a bipolar polar bear. Don't know if you live in the hot or cold. " I said. He gave me a sly smirk then a blank face. Yup, definitely bipolar.

" Just know my name isn't Adam at school, due to rival gangs my name is Ryder. The twins are Kyrell and Cole. Cameron is Lucas and Ryan is Assad. Rudy is Chantel, we are all your cousins. " Hmm missing one.

" What about Shane? " I asked. His eyes got a shade darker if that's possible and his eyebrows pointed down. He looked like a evil little munchkin. I stopped myself from laughing then he answered.

" He don't do well, in school but him and Rudy will be taking you to get your tattoo. " he walked past me and heard down the stairs. I walked into the room and saw the outfit laid out on the bed.

Thank You Rudy.

I slipped it on. The outfit consisted of skin tight black leather pants, a black V-neck and my combat boots. Rudy even got me matching black undergarments. Ha! I said undergarments. I mean bra and boxers, tight of course. How did she even find out my bra size?? I went up two sizes in the past month. I'm in a double D now, the size she got me. Whoa, they're good.

" Sage!! Time to go to school! " Unfamiliar voice yelled. Now I know I don't remember that voice.

" Uh, coming! " I walked out of the room and down the stairs. Well, I have no idea where I'm going.

" We're in here sweetie. " the voice said. I followed it quickly afraid to get lost. I see everybody sitting at the island eating pancakes and bacon. I've never had pancakes before, for some reason that's the one thing the person who cooked my food never made.

" Pancakes? " the lady asked me. I shook my head and just pointed to the bacon. I don't know why the cook didn't make me pancakes and I'm not going to find out.

" Mom makes the best pancakes. " Adam smiled. Now that I think about it, they do ensemble each other. Both have dark brown hair, soft round face yet Adam's is more sharper. His mom has greenish grey eyes while Adam has bluish grey. Must be from his dad.

" I'm good, just bacon please Mrs....? "

" Oh just call me Lynda. Lynda Berkley. " she said.

" Lynda....why does that name sound familiar? " I asked mostly to myself. Unfortunately, she heard me. I need talk lower.

" Well sweetie, that might be because I would come over to your house every day with little Adam. I remember he had a huge..... "

" Okay!! Time to go. Thanks mom. " Adam cut her off.

" Wait, I didn't get my bacon. " I whined. Please let me get my bacon. It smells so good.

" Nope, time to go. Bye mom. " he demanded. Ugh I swear he thinks he the boss of me. He pushed me out the back door then let's me go.

" What your deal man!? I'm hungry. " he rolled his eyes and walked over to a sleek black Audi R8 spyder. Holy mother of pearl. My jaw stopped to the floor. This is beautiful. Spinning rims!? Oh my.....

" Close your mouth, your drooling. " Adam said. I quickly choose my mouth and subconsciously wiped it to make sure he wasn't lying. Thank God he was.

" Come on, you gotta let me drive this beauty. " I pleaded. I stood up from hugging the hood and looked at him. I clasped my hands together and pouted.

" Please?? " I begged. He looked of to space for a moment then looked back.

" What would you do for me? " he asked. My hands dropped as my heart started to race. Do for him? What does he mean by that? He saw the look on my face and shook his head.

" When we go to school, your mine. " he growled. Before I could respond he shot me the keys. Excitement took over and I forgot about his previous statement. I ran over to the drivers side and hopped in.

" You know how to drive right? " my smile widen. I put on some shades and angled the mirror. This, is going to be fun.

" I know how to drive, just not this car. " he looked at me shooked but I stepped on the gas zooming out of the driveway. I press a button and the top came off.

" No! Way!! " I screamed. Turning down the road five other black cars followed me. They played around in the street laughing at the speed. My hair whipped behind me as I felt a adrenaline rush. Me and the others started whooping as I saw Shane pull up on a motorcycle. Hmm, that sorta reminds me of mine, it even has Ace's initials on it. Hey, it is mine. Shane beckoned me over with his head. Sounds fun.

" Take the wheel. " I told Adam. I let go not giving him any chance to say no. I unbuckled my seatbelt as Shane came next to the car.

" One, " I started.

" Two. " he said.

" Three!! " I grabbed his hands and he pulled me over easily like I was a backpack. I secured myself by wrapping my arms around his waist. Everyone behind me blared their horns. I raised a hand cheering with them. Shane's chest rumbled as I chuckled. We played around all the way to school. We parked in the lot beside each other. Adam.....well now Ryder didn't get a spot so he looked type frustrated.

" Who car is this!? " holy shiznit his voice got deep. Boys all tried to look calm but you can see the fear in their eyes. I actually am too. The anger clearly shown in his eyes could strike fear into the heart of Satan if he wanted to.

" Is he always this temperamental? " I asked the guys. They all nodded their head in sync waiting for the owner of the car to come forward. Shame, I feel for the person that marries him. They would have some bipolar kids.

" Whose?! Is?! It?! " he yelled. His jaw tightens when nobody came forward. There is no way the person who owns that will come forward. Adam is like a raging bull, first sight of red and he's charging. I huffed and stood next to him. He looked at me weirdly but I ignored it.

" Can who ever owns this baby blue prius please move it? He won't bite. " I looked at him with a eyebrow cocked. " Will you? " He pointed to himself scowled that I asked him, then huffed.

" No. " he mumbled. I smiled and turned back.

" So...?? " I trailed off. A person in the far back raised a manicured hand. She slowly walked forward into the crowd. Her strawberry blonde hair covered half her face. I smiled kindly at her and she pulled out get keys. She stopped a foot away from us and held them out.

" Come here. " I said softly. She looked up and shook her head vigorously. I chucked a little then covered it up.

" He isn't gonna kill you. He's perfectly harmless. " well, at least I think. Please let him be harmless. She looked cautiously at him and scooted forward. I could help but laugh when Adam snorted scaring her. I bit my lip and covered my mouth. She stopped in front of me and gave me the keys.

" Hey, what's your name? " I asked. I gave the keys to Adam behind me as I waited for her to answer.

" Uh, Piper. Piper Maori. " she whispered.

" Well I'm, "

" Sage Johnson. " she cut me off. Did she really just do that? Rude. " I know. " Adam put her keys back and my hand and leerked behind me. His breathing fanned my neck sending a shiver coursing through me. I shook it off when I noticed Adam chucking.

" Wanna eat with me at lunch? I've never seen you around. " I tried to be nice. She just shook her head, took her keys and ran to a oak tree that had a backpack and notebooks scattered.

" Well she seemed nice. " I grumbled sarcastically.

" Sage!! " I turned and saw my brother storming towards me with a angry/worried face. Uh oh.

" Ace!! " I out stretched my arms giving him a I'm sorry look. He hugged me tightly then let go holding me by my shoulders.

" Don't you ever leave school like that then don't answer your phone. You had me worried. " he protested. I chuckled then started walking to the office.

" Come on guys, school is going to start in 6 minutes and you still need a schedule. " I told them. Ace seemed not to be fazed by my attire, in fact he was wearing the same thing. You could even see a red dragon head on the back of his neck. The tattoo. It's like he knew I was at the Red Dragon Safe House. Did he?

" Well we don't need a schedule. Carl, one of the people in our, house, have us all the same thing besides your free period so stay near the school. " Adam ordered. Lyle and Kyle snickered at what Rudy told them. Ryan, Cameron just shook their head smiling. What? Even Ace heard them.

" Hello Mrs. Rayhem. We need locker numbers and combinations for my cousins. " I told her.

" I'm not your cousin. " Adam interrupted. Huh? Everybody looked at him like he's gone of the deep end. He looked at me and winked.

" I'm a, personal, friend. " he slyly said. I can't believe he just did that. Who tells a secretary that? That's just, unbelievable. Ace snapped his head to me and furrowed his eyebrows. He had that look that told me you aren't suppose to have a boyfriend. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at the gang. They was smiling their heads off. Even Adam was smirking, yet I don't find this a bit funny.

" Ah, here we go. Ryder Paterson. Twins Kyrell and Cole Langton. Lucas Cambers, Assad Tucker and Chantel Martin. Your lockers are right next to each other starting with Mr. Patterson. Miss. Johnson can show you the way. Thank you, now leave. " she kicked out of the office with that note. I gestured them to follow me to the lockers. We made it there with nobody in the hallways looking at us suspiciously. They did their lock codes then closed them right back. They didn't bring anything and neither did I. Okay, first class.....what was it again. Nevermind I know how to get there.

" See you later Ace, you got your classes switched right? " he nodded and headed down the hall.

" Okay, it's spirit week so nobody will be learning. Okay? " the all nodded showing they understand while Adam smirked at me. I started daggers and pointed.

" Me and you mister, need to have a talk. " I said seriously. The guys and Rudy walked into the classroom whispering oo's to Adam. I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

" What was that back there? " I asked him crossing my arms over my chest. His eyes trailed down and that stupid smirk formed again.

" Hey, my eyes are up here. " I told him. He looked back up then held a finger. I gave him a confused look as he pointed to the door. The twisted the knob slowly and yanked it open. Rudy, Cameron, Ryan and the twins all fell to the floor.

" You guys was trying to listen wasn't you? " Adam asked calmly. Rudy was the first one to scamper up and rush back into the classroom. The boys stood up and dusted their self off. They all went inside but Cameron being childish pretended he had boobs and ran inside. I stifled a laugh then looked back to Adam with a straight face.

" Come on. We walk and talk since we cleary have spies roaming. " I huffed. He nodded in agreement and let me waking in front of him. I stopped after five steps.

" Stop looking at my butt. " I said without turning around. I waited for him to come up next to me to keep walking.

" So are you going to tell me? Why did you say 'personal friend'? " I crossed my arms over my chest again. He again trailed down my body past my chest, to my thighs, back to my butt, then up to my chest again. He but his lip and turned quickly away.

" Because of this morning. " he said casually. This morning?

When we go to school, your mine.

Oh, that. That's what he meant. I looked up at his towering body.

" Why me? " I whispered. He stored waking at my words and looked down at me. He stalked towards me making me back up to the lockers. Shocked at the choose proximity my breath hitched and my heart raced.

" Do you know, " he roamed me quickly and looked me back in the eyes biting his lip. I put my head down looking at my scuffed combat boots. " how beautiful, you are? " he used this index and middle finger to angle my eyes back to his. He leaned in and brushed his red, plump luscious lips against mines. He smiled and kissed me fully. His skilled lips guided mines and his hand went straight to my hips. He enclosed the small space between us and deepened the kiss. Holy mother this is better than, whoever that boys name is, was. If I could, both legs would have went up, around his waist. Oh shit, did I just think that?

Bad Sage! Very bad! What are you doing to me Adam?

He pulled away and we started panting

" Sage? " I pulled away from Adam and found shocked looked Kaleb. Adam looked up and stared daggers at him not moving from the position we're in.

" What are you doing? With Red Dragon scum like him? " I gasped. Did he just call him scum? Mostly did he just call my family, scum. I clenched on to Adams hard biceps to keep myself from losing my cool. Adams breath hitched and his shoulders tensed. He noticed.

" What do you mean, scum? " I asked though a tightened jaw. Kaleb looked at me like I was stupid. Say the boy who has the lowest grade out of almost the whole school.

" You know, " he said walking up to us confidently. " The Red Dragon Mafia, low lives that had nothing better to do than need with themselves. " he spat. I growled lowly enough for only Adam to hear. He stiffened his whole body and grabbed onto my waist tighter causing me not to wiggle free.

" Especially the Boss Mans. " oh that does it! I snarled loudly and tried to go for his throat. Adam successfully held me back but not without letting a growl of his own. Kaleb looked shocked and jumped back.

" What's up with you? " he asked then chucked dryly. " You can't actually be serious. " I inhaled slowly and let it out.

" I'm calm. " I told Adam. " I'm calm, let me go. " Adam listened and cautiously let me go.

" How do you dare talk about the Red Dragons like that? How do you dare!? Disrespect a fallen man? " I asked. Kaleb rolled his eyes and scoffed. If he says something that pissed me of again, Adam won't be able to hold me back.

" Why do you care? They're nothing. " he said emphasizing 'nothing'. Rudy, Cameron, Ryan, Lyle and Kyle cane outside the classroom along with the rest of the class.

" What did you say? " I asked stepping closer. He smirked.

" They are nothing, the Boss Man, both of them, are NOTHING. " he said confidently. He actually said it.

" That tears it!! " I ran towards him but was jerked back by a bunch of hands. They was all trying to convince me that it wasn't worth it but all I could see was red. Adam picked me up by the waist and carried me away.

" Don't you every talk about my dad like that in your life! They are better than you will every be!! I hope you riot in hell, I'm gonna kill you!! " I shouted. I wiggled in Adams touch shaking my head, gripping at my hair. Hands starting to let go our one paired stayed. I let out a sob and turned towards his chest. He played in my hair shushing me. I had stopped crying a couple of seconds ago and needed to get away, again.

" Give me your keys. " I ordered in sniffles. He pulled away.

" What? " he asked. I groaned. What part did he not get?

" Give me the keys to the Audi. Now. " I deadpanned. He shook his head no.

" You can't be driving while upset, you could get into a accident. " he said. I stood up and wiped my tears away.

" Well you drive me. Take me to the beach or I will go by myself. " I reasoned. He looked over at Rudy and the guys and they nodded allowing him to go.

" Fine, but we're coming back at lunch. " he said. I ignored him and headed to the car.

" We can get Ace to get us to class. " Rudy called after me. I waved good bye and ran out of school. I'm starting to do this a lot now. Adams running feet was heard behind me. We both got into the car and he pulled out of the parking lot and drive me to the beach.

*****

" Sage, we're here. " I opened my eyes and saw a vacant sandy beach. I thanked him and rushed out the car. I took of my combat boots and socks and set them in the back seat. I ran to the waves and let it tickle my feet. The coldness sent a shock sensation up my body. I opened my arms and let the wind blow against me. I inhaled deeply and blue all my worries out. Ah, this, is the life.

" Sage, follow me. " Adam beckoned. Finally calm, I did as told. Adam and I climbed over rocks, played with just hatched turtles and skipped rocks. Yet, I had no idea where he was taking me. We apparently finally reached our destination at the top of a cliff. It over looked the beach, the pier and a small birthday party at the end. I sat down and admired the view. I smiled widely as the breeze brushed against my face. I looked over at Adam who looked deep in thought. I walked over to him and gave him a kiss in the cheek.

" Thanks. " I smiled a little then sat back down. This is a great spot. Far from the small city lights, the honking of horns, loud people on their phones, far from everything. Nothing that surrounds us but trees, flowers ocean and woodland creatures. I love it here.

" I new you would like it. " he sighed out. He say down next to me laying on his stomach. I chucked a little but then let out a long heavy sigh.

" Why me? " I asked ask of a sudden. I've been having that question struck in my head for the longest. Why me? I've been put through shit, gone to hell and back and I can tell it's far from over.

" What do you mean? " he asked.

" I mean, why am I the target of everything? Why did my parents have to treat me that way? Why is my love life messed up? I don't even know it I could even call it that. The person I thought I liked for a long time, turned out to be a jerk and a con man that was out for my money. My knight in shining armor was just an asshole in aluminum foil. Now, I don't know what to think anymore. Why... do you...act like you like me? " I said the last part quietly. He sighed loudly and stared towards the ocean.

" I don't act like I like you, " he started. My heart sank as I fiddled with fingers.

" Oh. " I whispered.

" I do like you, " he chucked. " I've liked you since we was two. You would want to play football then pretend to be girly around your mom. You was daddy's little princess. After he sent Ace away he had to get rid of us for a while for his plan to work so he had us move to a different school. I thought I got over you but I saw you at the pier the other day, and I knew. You defended yourself easily knocking people out left and right. You didn't break a sweat. You were amazing, Johnson taught you well, in his own way. " he finished looking dead at me. His bluish grey eyes flashed under the sun light. I fiddled with a thin piece of grass smiling a little. He lifted my head up and smirked.

" I'm serious. Now come on, lunch is in 10 minutes. " he brushed his lips against mine then ran back to the car. And I thought I was childish.

******

" So, how was your 'walk'. " Rudy said with quotation marks on 'walk'. My eyes widen at the use of walk. I knew what she meant and it was not flattering.

" We went to the beach that's it. " I stared dagger at her and sat down at the lunch table. I looked over at get plate and stole her huge slice of pizza. She looked like she was about to argue but I glared deadly causing her to close her mouth. I smirked in victory finishing it off. I looked around the cafeteria ignoring everyones conversation. My eyes landed in a certain someone who made my blood boil. He got up walking out of the café not breaking eye contact. He nodded out the door, then left. Do he seriously want me to follow? Hmm, I got a plan.

" Hey guys? I'll be right back. " without them answering, I walked out of the café doors. Kaleb was leaning on the wall next to the doors, waiting. I crossed my arms and looked at him. The more he was in my presence the more agitated I became.

" What do you want? " I bit harshly. He smiled a little at my tone and pushed himself of the wall.

" What are you doing with him? " he demanded. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Was he seriously playing this game? With me?

" Oh, what, the big bad con man don't want his target falling for another boy? Don't want him taking your money? " I spat. I looked away not wanting to be bothered with the way he looked. I could feel bile rising. His body seemed to tense at my sentence.

" No, listen to me. I'm telling you, don't hang around them. The Red Dragons are idiotic, they gamble and then disappear. " he warned. Is he really bringing this up? Now? About my Mafia family?

" How ironic,that kinda reminds me of....oh yeah, you. " I responded. I dropped my hands as they shook at my side. I bit the inside of my mouth before I started a rant and killed him.

" Listen to me Sage! " he shouted. Oh hell no.

" No! You listen to me! Don't go telling me what to do! I'm my own person you do not own me!! " I started pushing him to the glass windows of the café. Nosey people looked to see what's happening.

" Do you understand me!? I'm Sage Johnson and that Mafia!! " I pointed to my table. " That mafia there is my family!! And nobody, and I mean nobody, messes with my family!! Not you, not Jalen, not nobody!! So back the hell off! " I threw my hardest punch and knocked him of his feet. People in the café stood up and gasped. Everyone from the table I was sitting at, they knew I wasn't going to stop, came running. I got on top of Kaleb and started throwing pouches that he tried to blocked. I started laughing at his failed attempt and went to punch him again. My hand was jerked back and I was picked up. I growled at Kaleb and stopped to calm down.

" Easy tiger, you already knocked him out and probably broke is face. " Lyle chuckled yet is wasn't him that held me. I looked up at Kaleb's savor and saw Adam. Great, I'm in the arms of a total bad boy and girls are giving me death glares. I just growled at then causing them to jump back in fear. Be afraid, I'm Mafia bitch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 57.3K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
3.4K 311 32
Bailey Pierce has always been the nerd. She has always been the outcast, never asked out to anything or even had a boyfriend. Well, Bailey doesn't mi...
158K 2.5K 47
Lillian, junior at Lafayette high, the nerdiest girl around, shes the school freak, loner, and has just a few family issues, her mom was an alcoholi...
2.3M 95.9K 66
Carter Parrish lived a happy, simple life with his mom, and knowing she had found her way back to love was the best news he could have ever received...