Forget-Me-Not {Harry Potter}

By tinydancer2883

Vena isn't a selfish person. Everything she does is for her brother, her family, and the expectations of ever... More

Introduction and Cast
Playlist
Important!
Prologue
Part I
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Part II
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Part III
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
5 Years Later
100k!
Self Promo?

Twelve

13.1K 459 346
By tinydancer2883

-Wires-

-you knew the game and played it-

-it kills to know that you have been defeated-

Vena was worried for her first match.

She knew she was pretty good, but her partner lacked so much talent she was more worried for her safety than her Quidditch abilities. She perhaps wasn't as good as the twins, nor talented enough to be a professional player, but the whole school had extremely low expectations for Gryffindor, so maybe Vena would do better than most thought.

At least she hoped she would do well today. It would be extremely embarrassing if today was the day she would choke.

It was Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff, which would normally be easy. But after the loss of Cedric, the Hufflepuff team has been finding difficulty with another great leader. Their new Seeker wasn't too terrible, but she didn't have the charisma and natural talent that Cedric had.

However, Hufflepuff was definitely the team that would be winning, for the Gryffindor team didn't hold much favor.

And Draco was eager to remind his sister of that fact.

"You do realize that your first Quidditch match will be you losing, correct?" Draco remarked.

Vena rolled her eyes, as this was the tenth time Draco has made a comment about her team's abilities this morning.

And it was only nine am.

"Fuck off you ferret," Vena said snapped.

Draco sighed dramatically. "Just stating the truth. Don't worry though, at least you'll be better than Wesley."

"Please do not bother to sing today. I'm on the team now, you can't humiliate me like you do with everyone else." Vena said sharply.

Her brother nodded, knowing to not say anything when Vena uses her sharp tone. It means not to go against her. "Good luck out there."

Vena smiled as they made their way to the Great Hall. "Thank you, Draco." She ruffled his hair, having to stand on her tiptoes to do it.

They walked over to Blaise and Theo, the latter having no problem booing at her. Draco and Blaise had tried a little bit to support Gryffindor, or as much as they could manage. Both boys had jumpers that said 'Malfoy' on the back in gold lettering.

There was no red.

Vena didn't mind though, as she knew that was as much support they would give to Gryffindor. Theo on the other hand, was wearing green and silver, despite Slytherin not playing.

"Shut up, Theo. This is why you can't play," Vena snapped, rolling her eyes at her ex.

Theo shrugged. "I don't care. I refuse to support Gryffindor."

"You know, Nott, I always thought that Gryffindor would be your secondary house. To be honest, I'm surprised Vena is the one the Sorting Hat fucked up and not you," Blaise said, smirking at the boys disgust.

"Don't go there, Zabini. Don't even think about it," Theo warned. He turned to Vena, his eyes looking at her Quidditch uniform in disgust. "So, I'm thinking five galleons. Now that your on the team they might not be so terrible. Although I don't think anything can help Weasley's Keeper abilities."

Vena stretched out her hand in agreement. "Alright, five galleons."

About ten minutes later, she had bid her friends goodbye and headed down to the pitch.

When Vena walked in with the rest of the team already in the room. After everyone changed, they gathered in the center of the room to listen to Angelina's pep talk.

"Okay you guys, it's quite obvious we're not going to win today. Katie, Alicia, try and score as many points as possible. Vena, show no mercy. Ginny, try and find the snitch as fast as possible. Ron, please block some goals today. And Andrew, stay out of the way." Angelina instructed, without any sort of enthusiasm. the others exchanged looks, wondering if this was supposed to be something motivational.

In Vena's opinion, that had to have been the worst motivational speech ever given. At least she was realistic.

As they all stood up to go to the field, Vena stopped Weasley. "I talked to my brother, he said that he isn't going to be singing that rubbish song of his today. Now that I'm on the team he's going to be less harsh. You're a good Keeper Weasley, just don't get so nervous. Pretend like you're on liquid luck."

Weasley nodded, too scared about the match to say anything. Vena squeezed his arm, to which he smiled gratefully, and the pair walked out to the field together.

After the captains shook hands and the balls were released, the game started. Hufflepuff was clearly prepared; they were ready to demolish the Gryffindors. Zacharias Smith threw goal after goal; Weasley letting every single on in through the hoops.

Andrew swung his bat and ended up hitting Vena in the nose.

"Oi! You jackass! What does your small dimwitted brain of yours not understand to stay out of my way!" Vena screamed.

Andrew widened his eyes, terrified at the girl's reaction. Irritated, she flew fast at the boy who shrieked and fell off his broom. Vena didn't even bother to glance at him.

Nobody on Gryffindor seemed to be doing much better.

Angelina, Katie, and Alicia were performing as they usually did, but with Andrew being complete rubbish, they were having a much harder time trying to fight of Bludgers. Weasley was performing as he usually did, which wasn't saying much.

It seemed that even if Draco didn't get Slytherin to sing 'Weasley Is Our King', Weasley's confidence wasn't that high.

Finally, after twenty-two antagonizing minutes, Ginny caught the Snitch.

The score was finalized with Hufflepuff winning, two hundred forty to two hundred and thirty. It was a miracle. The changing room was quiet, everyone going over the game in their heads.

Even though they had won, it wasn't their best performance. If Ginny hadn't caught the Snitch, the game would've ended completely different.

After the game was done, Vena went to the infirmary to get her nose fixed. When she left the wing, Theo was waiting outside for her, with a smirk on his face, but Vena walked right past him in frustration.

"Oh come on now. You can't be mad at me Vena, I did tell you that your team was horrible!" Theo said.

"I'm not in the mood for your insults, Theo." Vena huffed. "I just want to go back to the tower and sleep off today."

"Vi will you stop walking for two seconds!"

Vena huffed, and turned around, glaring at him. "What do you want, Theo?"

Theo walked up to her, the smirk reappearing. "You know, you are really hot when your pissed off."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Let me go, Theo."

He took her face in his hand, his thumb rubbing circles in her cheek. "I'm sorry for saying those things about Cedric. I miss you. I miss us."

He leaned down, looking at her eyes, before leaning down to kiss her neck. Vena sighed, trying to ignore the way that Theo's breath felt on her.

She almost forgot, what it was like to have Theo's lips on her. After all, there was a great reason that Vena spent such a long time with him, putting up with the arguments and his flirting with other girls.

But as he kissed down her neck, Vena imagined somebody else doing it. She didn't imagine Theo's nice, brown hair, nor his usual perfectly chapped lips. She wasn't imagining his brown eyes, or his familiar kisses.

Green eyes were pictured in her head, as well as glasses and jet-black hair.

Theo had begun to walk her backwards, and only when her back slammed against the wall did she realize what was happening. She couldn't do this.

She didn't want to do this.

"Theo," she muttered, trying to tear his face away from his neck.

He only hummed in response. "Theo," she whispered again, using her arms to push him off. All Theo did was pin her arms against the wall, so she was unable to move. And she wasn't scared, no.

This was something that the two would usually do in the middle of corridors, but that was before, when the two were passionate and aggressive and actually a couple.

Vena wasn't scared, she was just uncomfortable. And Theo deserved better than to have her picture someone else while they snogged.

"Theo, stop. Stop," she said, talking louder this time so he could get the message to stop snogging her.

Theo didn't stop. He covered her mouth with his, as her arms tried to fight back against his hold.

She hoped that Filch, or Mrs. Norris, or a Prefect would come by and reprimand them so Theo could come back to his senses.

"Theo!" she said loudly as his lips moved down to her chest, kissing them through her shirt. "Theo, please get off."

He moved up to her mouth again, but only for a few moments until he was ripped away.

It was Harry.

She really hoped that this was a horrible dream, and she was actually in the hospital wing with a concussed skull, her mind creating a scenario for fun.

"You heard her," Harry growled at Theo, "she told you to get off of her. Actually try and listen next time."

Theo's eyes widened, taking in Vena's appearance. "Oh Salazar, Vi, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me, I really don't-"

"It's fine, Theo. We can talk about this later," she said.

"What?" Both Theo and Harry exclaimed.

"Now Theo! We can talk about this tomorrow."

Theo nodded, and looked at Harry before leaving. The two stood awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say.

"We should probably get to the tower before curfew," she rambled.

Harry nodded, and the two began their walk. He looked mad.

Vena doesn't know if she has ever seen him mad before. She doesn't like it.

She wishes that he were smiling instead.

Nonetheless, Vena couldn't help but feel the need to defend Theo. Even though she doesn't love him anymore, he's still important to her. And for some reason she wants Harry to not completely hate all of her Slytherin friends.

"Theo isn't usually like that. He wouldn't force himself onto a girl."

"Then what do you call that? He was snogging you, despite you telling him to stop," Harry said harshly.

"Last year, Theo and I weren't exactly the sweetest couple. We um, we used to like being harsh towards each other. It was how we worked. I assume that Theo just thought I was being like how we used to be," she explained nervously.

Harry said nothing, just clenched his jaw and nodded in understanding. Well, Vena assumed he didn't understand the reasoning, but at least he listened to what she said.

"Thank you, though. For stopping him."

Harry turned to her, that look in his eyes again. Vena was getting extremely irritated that she couldn't read that look. "It was nothing. I mean, it wasn't nothing, but you know it was the right thing to do and-"

"I understand, Harry. That's why I said thank you," she giggled.

He smiled back. Vena really liked his smile.

"You were brilliant at the game today. You make a good Beater," Harry told her, changing the subject to something much more lighter.

She looked to the side, turning her head so he couldn't see the faint blush appearing on her cheeks. "Thank you. Although, I don't think I'm as good as Fred and George, but that's alright."

Harry shook his head. "I saw you out there. You really saved the team. If there were a different Beater playing instead of you, I'm sure Gryffindor would've lost. Don't sell yourself too short, Vena."

The girl only seemed to blush more. "Don't compliment me too much, Potter. I might get a big ego."

"Still, if you continue playing like that, you could go pro," Harry complimented.

Vena smiled shyly. "I'm just playing for fun. Although, I don't really know what I want to do in the future, so going pro could be a nice plan. Although I've always wanted to do something with Potions."

"You could become a Potions Professor. I'm sure you'll be loads better than Snape."

"Maybe," she said, smiling at him.

The walk back to the tower was nice with him there.

____________

AN:

drama!!!!! I do want to make it very clear though- I don't want Theo to be the villain. Him and Vena have been friends for far too long for her to be scared of him. I don't want her to be scared of him. Their relationship was complicated, and they weren't the best couple. So yeah, don't hate Theo too much pls. Also thank you for 1K reads it was the most exciting thing ever!!!!!!!!!

-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 76 17
Elara Lily Potter. Younger twin sister to the famous Harry James Potter. Elara and Harry are not close; or at least not anymore. After Elara was sort...
588K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
3.7M 113K 73
- UNEDITED The Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, Harry James Potter. When Harry discovered that Sirius Black was his legal guardian, his life was flippe...
5.1K 100 37
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...