W I T C H • Five Hargreeves X...

By Artistictia

"Look at her! She's just a witch in disguise!" Number Eight : The Witch Full name : (Y/n) Hargreeves Pronouns... More

W E L C O M E
Chapter 1 • We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Chapter 2 • A Delayed Reunion
Chapter 3 • The Funeral
Chapter 4 • Absolutely Nothing
Chapter 5 • Run Boy Run
Chapter 6 • Delores?
Chapter 7 • Extra Ordinary
Chapter 8 • Quality Family Van Time
Chapter 9 • The Attack at Hargreeves Manor
Chapter 10 • Man on the Moon
Chapter 11 • The Horseman of the Apocalypse
Chapter 13 • Dream a Little Dream
Chapter 14 • Ride of the Ice Cream Truck
Chapter 15 • The Day That Wasn't
Chapter 16 • Boom
Chapter 17 • The Day That Was
Chapter 18 • So Close
Chapter 19 • I Heard a Rumor
Chapter 20 • I Love You
Chapter 21 • Changes
Chapter 22 • One Day at a Time
Chapter 23 • Caged
Chapter 24 • The White Violin

Chapter 12 • Number Five

5.9K 169 53
By Artistictia

❤︎

WARNING: Blood mentioned

❤︎

The car ride was silent, uncomfortable, and overall depressing. Diego had finally stopped crying and drove the two of them back to the gym. Clutched in his hand was the receipt that belonged to the people who took Klaus and killed Patch. (Y/n) sat, unmoving, in her seat and her tired eyes trailed on the road. Daylight was showing and began to light up the wet road.

Her mind wandered back to the motel room, Patch, and Klaus. If Patch was dead and Klaus was gone, there was a high definite chance that the woman had saved him and died, shot by the very kidnappers of Klaus. (Y/n) wished she had the chance to thank Eudora Patch. Hopefully, Klaus was somewhere safe and would come home soon. She hoped he was okay.

Diego's sadness faded into blind anger, he was holding onto the steering wheel so hard that if he didn't have his gloves on, (Y/n) knew his knuckles would be turning white. He was so angry, and the reason? He knew who killed one of the only people in his life that believed in him. The names on the receipt told him everything, and now he was driving back to the one person who brought him into this mess. And (Y/n) knew exactly who he was thinking about.

The moment the car pulled into the parking lot, Diego had already taken his keys out and stomping inside. The (h/c) haired girl quickly followed after him.

"Diego. Diego, slow down!" She yelled but the man ignored her.

He continued to angrily walk to his room in the boxing gym, and once he reached it, Diego slammed open the large metal door.

"Piece of shit." He mumbled as he entered.

"Diego, stop! He has nothing to do with this!" (Y/n) tried to reason.

"No, he has everything to do with this!" He screamed back. Diego marched up to the now awake and sitting up Five on his bed. "Do you have any idea what you just did?"

He was just about to attack the boy when Luther wrapped his arms around him to stop him. Diego wriggled around to get out of Luther's grasp but because his strength was nowhere close to his, he failed to get loose.

"No, let me-- get your ape hands off of me!"

To keep him away from Five, the blond man had to lift Diego up so his feet weren't even touching the floor. (Y/n) ran over in front of Five to protect him and the boy could have chuckled at the girl's attempt to protect him, even though they both knew he would be able to handle Diego on his own.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down." Luther told the squirming man.

Diego panted at his attempts to escape but agreed with a, "Fine."

Luther let go of his brother and set him down on the ground.

"Now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?"

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he came back." Diego glared at Five. "He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him."

"None of which is your concern." Five bluntly stated, not fazed by the threatening man just a few feet away from him.

"It is now. They just killed my friend."

(Y/n) turned around to face the boy behind her.

"Who are they really, Five?" She asked.

Five hesitated to tell them all the truth, but finally let go. "They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them... to stop me. Then, as soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm going to see to it they pay." Diego said darkly before turning around and going to leave the room.

"That would be a mistake, Diego. They've killed people far more dangerous than you." Five called out to him.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Then Diego prompty left, leaving to go complete his new mission.

(Y/n) let out a long and heavy sigh, now feeling the exhaustion and tiredness catching up to her. She had stayed up for the whole night and it had almost been a whole day since she'd gotten some sleep. Her body craved nothing more than to curl up in her soft bedsheets and sleep for the next few days. She began to walk to the door to leave as well when Luther noticed.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked her.

"Back to the Academy. Not only did we not find Klaus at the motel, meaning that he is still out there somewhere, but I haven't gotten any sleep within almost a day. If Klaus is out there, then maybe he knows well enough to go back home." She answered.

Five sighed. "(Y/n), we don't have enough time for that."

"Oh, but we have enough time for your little drinking party?" She snarked. "Not only did you never tell me about this "former employer" or who those people who took Klaus were, you keep insisting that stopping this apocalypse is important but you won't let us actually help you, Five!"

The dark haired boy looked down guiltily at the concrete floors. He truly felt guilty about not telling her anything else about his past, but he convinced himself that it was for her own good and once the apocalypse was over, he would tell her everything. But time was running out now and there were more dead ends than what Five expected.

"I'm going home to get some form of rest. You can come find me once you know we've made some progress."

-

An elder man with a dark brown bowler hat and distinctive whitening mustache below his nose read through the daily news on his newspaper while on his way to work on the bus. The large vehicle vroomed and stumbled a bit as it went down the road but the man did not seem to mind it.

Suddenly, a bright blue light flashed and a small gust of wind blowed the newspaper out of his hands. Once the man picked up his paper, he noticed a dark haired man with a short beard sitting in one of the seats in front of him. His face was absent of any emotion and his eyes looked empty as he stared off into the space in front of him, holding a thick black briefcase in his arms. The elderly man chose to ignore him and went back to reading his newspaper, not seeing the dark crimson blood on his hands that gripped the case.

Klaus stared at the scenery around him, almost having forgotten how his current time looked from the amount of months he spent in the past. Old tears were drying on his cheeks but his red eyes brimmed to the edge with new ones. His lip began to quiver as memories of what he had just witnessed not too long ago skimmed through his mind. Letting out a shaky breath, Klaus shut his eyes and let the tears flow down his cheeks freely.

The bus finally came to a stop and the man rushed out the doors, the black briefcase still in his arms. The moment he stepped out, Klaus scanned his surroundings, remembering that wherever he was, it wasn't too far from the Academy. He looked down at the case and rubbed his bloody hands on top of it.

Gritting his teeth, Klaus took the briefcase and began to smash it onto a nearby metal bench in a fit of blind fury. He continued to bash in the contraption on the bench several more times, the case sparking and zapping sounds emmitted from it until his sadness replaced the anger once again. He threw away the broken useless briefcase onto the stone ground, despising the thing that brought him away in the first place.

A broken and angry scream left Klaus' mouth, the case bursting into flames on the ground. Tears ran down his face in long streaks, never stopping for a moment. He fell onto his knees and dug at the soil beneath him, then slowly collapsed his whole shaking body to lay on the floor. His sobs and wails went unbothered by the people walking past him.

Little did he know, the whole scene was seen by a (h/l) (h/c) haired girl who was coming from down the street. As she saw the figure drop onto the ground, she realized just who that person was. (Y/n) sprinted up to Klaus' mentally shattered form, kneeling in front of him and carefully raised a hand to touch his arm.

"Klaus? Oh my god, what... what happened? Where did you--?" She began to ask.

When Klaus saw his sister's face in front of him, he unconsciously let out a small gasp and tried his best to form words, but nothing came out other than some choked whimpers. It hurt her so much to see her adoptive brother and one of her best friends look so crushed and defeated like this.

"Oh, Klaus..." The girl whispered.

Not asking anymore questions, (Y/n) slowly guided him up from off the ground, holding up his body. Holding him close to her, she wrapped him into a big hug, the male shakily doing the same thing to her. Another loud sob came out and Klaus laid his head on top of her own, the two of them standing in the middle of the sidewalk, hugging each other.

Reluctantly, (Y/n) released him from her hug and looked up at the once cheery, ecstatic druggie who was now nothing more than a bleak and broken man. Softly gripping onto his shoulders, she gave him a short smile and took his crimson hands in hers.

"I got you, I got you... why don't we go home and get you cleaned up, okay?" She spoke.

Klaus sniffled and nodded ever so slightly, trying to regain his breathing pattern but continued to cry. (Y/n) didn't mind this however and led the way home. As much as she wondered where he had gone and what happened, she didn't push anything and the two barely even said a word once they arrived back at the Academy.

It looked like no one else was home yet so it was good to allow Klaus some quiet time. She brought Klaus upstairs to his room, opening the door and walked him over to his dresser.

"Why don't you change out of those clothes? I'll go run you a bath." She proposed, Klaus numbly nodding his head as he began to strip.

Heading into the bathroom, (Y/n) rolled up her sleeves, turned on the bathtub and filled it up to a desirable amount. She waved her hands over the water and focused, bringing the temperature of the water to the heated, warm consistancy that Klaus always liked. She then grabbed a towel from one of the hangers and went back to check on her brother.

Klaus was still in his room, standing now almost naked except for his briefs and a silver dogtag necklace. (Y/n) gave him the towel and after giving him some time to change from his underwear to the towel, she led him over to the bathroom and helped him into the tub, closing her eyes the whole time so she couldn't see anything she didn't want to see.

Once he was settled into the bath, (Y/n) used to her hand to propell some water over his head and steadily let the water fall onto his head. She did this a few more times when she looked back at the blood that stained Klaus' hands. She wondered whose blood was it, but for now, she kept all her questions to herself.

(Y/n) took his hands and pumped a bit of soap into her hands, rubbing the soap into his fingers to get rid of the blood. Klaus laid back in the tub, letting his "little" sister take charge to clean him.

A stray tear escaped his eye as he recalled all of the things he had seen, heard and done during his time in 1968. He felt his whole world fade out as gun shots, screaming, helicopter whirling sounds filled his head. Klaus even heard his own voice calling out to the one person he desperately needed.

Dave.

Dave!

DAVE!

The man sharply shot up in the bath, not realizing that he spaced out as (Y/n) continued to clean him. She quickly began to try to calm him down from the panic attack he just had and helping him as much as she could. She had never really delt with anything like this, but she wanted to be there for Klaus, so she did her best.

"Shh... shh... Klaus. It's okay, I'm here. I'm here." (Y/n) quietly whispered, gently holding onto his now clean hands. "You wanna tell me what happened?"

He winced at the question and shook his head, the teen understood and nodded. There was a heavy silence that filled the bathroom, the two of them not saying anything else until finally, Klaus spoke up.

"How did you... How did you get over Five's disappearance?" He croaked out, his eyes sparkling with new tears as he looked back up to her.

The question made (Y/n) look away for a brief second. She thought about the day when Vanya finally gave up on Five ever coming home, reality hit her hard as she had to come to the realization that he was gone, that Five was never coming back home. (Y/n) never really truly got over Five's disappearance, instead, focusing on other things to replace the empty spot that Five always filled. Ballet was an escape, her best friends were an escape, and her training allowed her to let out her emotions.

"I never really did. I didn't allow myself to move on after all these years. But," She leaned on the edge of the tub, a genuine smile on her face. "I had you. I had Vanya. I had all of you to keep me sane... or as sane as you can get in this place."

Her joke managed to get a tiny chuckle out of Klaus and (Y/n) couldn't help but grin at her accomplishment, feeling proud of herself.

"You don't need to tell me what happened, Klaus. But I just want you to know that you have me, you have the Academy. I'm always going to be here for you."

Klaus gave her a tight smile and leaned over the tub, giving his best friend a full hug with a little more effort than before. (Y/n) returned the gesture, both of them taking comfort in each other's company.

After his bath, (Y/n) healed up some scratches that were on his face and let him go to his room on his own while she dried herself off from some of the bath water that leaked onto her. Letting out a tired breath, she tossed the now dirty towel in a dirty basket bin next to her. Turning around, (Y/n) got a good look at the mess Klaus had made with the blood that was on him before. The tub was stained as well as the floor now, meaning she was going to have to clean that as well.

Footsteps approaching Klaus' bedroom from down the hallway sounded and immediately, (Y/n)'s head peeked up and she brought her hand up in a defense position, a glowing orange fire dagger formed in her right fist.

Worried that Hazel and Cha-Cha had returned to the mansion, she prepared herself more this time. Her back against the wall, and when the footsteps were just outside the bathroom door, (Y/n) went to strike.

Before she went in for a hit, the face of Five came into view.

"Hey, hey, it's only me." He said.

(Y/n) sighed and put away her fire dagger. "You really need to stop doing that."

Five shrugged it off and looked over to the bathroom, seeing the wet and bloody footprints leading from Klaus' room to the bathtub.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" Five questioned, sounding worried.

"No, no, I'm fine. But um..." The girl gestured over the grown man who was scratching his back in his room across the hallway.

A bit concerned for his brother, Five glanced over to (Y/n) then back to Klaus. Stepping inside his doorway, Five knocked on his bedroom door to gain the man's attention.

"You okay?"

Klaus was in the middle of putting on his shirt when he turned around to face Five.

"Hey. Yeah, I just... long night."

Five chuckled. "More than one, from the looks of it."

"Yeah."

"Don't remember the dog tags."

"Yeah," Klaus grunted as he pulled his shirt over his head. "They belonged to a friend."

Five's eyes wandered over to Klaus' forearm that had a new black ink skull tattoo just off his shoulder.

"How about that new tattoo?" He wondered.

"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night." Klaus sighed as he glanced at his tattoo.

Five smirked. "You did it, didn't you?"

"Okay, Five, I think that's enough." (Y/n) started to intervere. Klaus clearly wasn't in the right state to be asked personal questions.

"What are you talkin' about?" Asked Klaus as he sat on his bed, Five coming into the bedroom with a mischievous grin. (Y/n) leaned against the doorframe.

"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus."

"Symptoms of what?"

By now, the (h/c) haired girl was getting annoyed. "Five, stop it."

Five just ignored her and kept going.

"The jet lag. Full body twitch. Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up your nose and through your brain." Klaus groaned as he looked up to the boy.

"You gonna tell me about it?"

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead." Klaus explained.

(Y/n) felt guilty when she heard his words. She was there that night, fighting and saved the others but couldn't even bother to look for Klaus? Not only had they lost their mother to those bastards, but they almost lost Klaus to them too and they didn't even know it.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase." Five concluded.

Klaus responded with, "Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it."

Five was now pacing back and forth in the room, creating a new plan in his mind.

"And the next thing you knew, you were... where? Or should I say when?" He interrogated.

"What difference does it make?" Klaus pondered, too exhausted for all these questions.

"What diff-- Uh-- Okay, how long were you gone?"

"Almost a year." Klaus said, (Y/n)'s eyes widened.

"A year?!" Her expression was pure shock.

Five didn't know how to react but continued on. "Do you know what this means?"

"Yeah," Klaus chuckled. "I'm ten months older now."

"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?"

"Gone. I destroyed it. Poof." Klaus stated bluntly, making a small explosion sound with his hand.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Five growled.

"Five, lay off. This isn't the time." (Y/n) joined in again.

"What do you care?" Klaus barked back at his brother.

"What do I care? I needed it, you moron, so I could get back! I could start over!" Five tried to explain, his annoyance with his brother growing.

"Just... just..." Klaus stood up from his bed and waved off a flabbergasted Five.

"Where you going?"

"Interrogation's over, just... leave."

Just as Klaus went to pass by (Y/n), she stopped him before he could go.

"You okay? I can make you a sandwich if you want?" She offered. The dark haired man shook his head.

"No, no, it's-- it's fine. I just uh," Klaus sniffed. "I'm just gonna go somewhere real quick. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" (Y/n) asked, still concerned for the wellbeing of Klaus.

"Yeah, yeah, totally. You and Five can just do whatever ya' guys need to and I'll just be... somewhere."

Not waiting for a reply, Klaus turned around and walked out of the room. Shaking her head at the conversation that just took place, (Y/n) looked back to Five.

"Do you even have any concern for Klaus? Hm? 'Cause it really seems like you don't care about him at all." She hissed.

Five scoffed, "Of course I care about him. But right now, we have other things to worry about. Like say, I don't know, the upcoming apocalypse?"

"Of course. That damn apocalypse. The one you're trying to stop but don't even know how to. How exactly are we going to stop it, Five?" She crossed her arms impatiently, waiting for an answer.

"I have a plan, but I just need you to trust me, okay?"

"You said that last time and a few hours later, I almost got shot by some people that you knew but didn't bother to tell me about. If you and I are going to work on this together, you need to tell me every single thing in your plan." (Y/n) commanded.

Five walked over to her and took one of her hands in his, and to show her that he was telling her the truth, he stared her back into her (e/c) eyes.

"I promise, this time, I will tell you everything. The plan, the truth, and what we can do to stop this damn apocalypse. Will you trust me on that?"

Looking down at their conjoined hands, (Y/n) thought about his words in her mind. A part of her still wanted to be mad at him, be mad at the things he didn't tell her about that almost got her killed twice. But, this was Five after all, he's not the most "out there" type of person, he technically really was trying his best.

If she wanted answers, then she had to be willing to listen to him.

"Okay. I trust you."

❤︎

A/N: Hey loves. fUCK, this took longer to make than I thought and it's not even that long. Anyway, I wanted to tell you guys thank you for getting this book to over 5K reads! It feels so amazing to know that so many of you like my story and my writing. You guys are amazing. If any of you guys have some tips on writing or how I can improve, please comment or even separately DM me. Anyway, please vote and comment! Stay safe, wear your masks and wash your hands!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 1.2K 29
𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆 ━━ (n.) a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts, ❛ a daydream ❜ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 ━ after saving the world in 1963...
266K 5.1K 22
Imagine, instead of seven, Hargreaeves managed to adopt eight. However, like Number Five, Number eight went missing... Only to appear somewhere else...
124K 2.7K 24
[𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝟷] "Laney!" Five gave a weary shout. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think-" "Exactly! You didn't think!" Elaina snapped...
231K 7K 54
XXX "Why not?" Five asked, "I thought you would want to, especially because you would want to kill everyone." She smiled, "That's exactly why they t...