TWO WORLDS [ ✓ ] | Gintama x...

By oyaoyaoyassilem

"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hu... More

Lesson 1
Lesson 3
Lesson 4
Lesson 5
Lesson 6
Lesson 7
Lesson 8
Lesson 9
Lesson 10
Lesson 11
Lesson 12
Lesson 13
Lesson 14
Lesson 15
Lesson 16
Lesson 17
Lesson 18
Lesson 19
Lesson 20
Lesson 21
Lesson 22
Lesson 23
Lesson 24
Lesson 25
Lesson 26
Lesson 27
Lesson 28
Lesson 29
Lesson 30
Lesson 31
Epilogue: History Repeats Itself!
Author's Note

Lesson 2

292 11 5
By oyaoyaoyassilem

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 2:
Blood is just a condiment made from tomatoes

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

I landed on the ground rolling. When my body rested in a fixed position, I slowly opened my eyes. My head hurts.

What just happened?

I looked around and remembered something. I got up and held my spear. My eyes searched for the worm-like creature but saw none.

I clicked my tongue.

Where did it go? Most importantly, where am I?

This isn't the Imperial Sanctuary, I'm very certain of it. So… where am I?

My gaze lifted to the sky and saw the moon lighting up the night sky. It's already dark? But my day's just about to start. What kind of sorcery is this?

Not far from where I'm standing, there was a bridge and two men were standing there. They are wearing an Eastern clothing. Perhaps I was in Cadia Riverland? I slowly went under the bridge to listen to their conversation.

I am perfectly aware that this is wrong and this is something that a princess should not do but I might get some clues on their conversation.

"Hey, wait up," a voice said. "Aren't you Katsura Koutarou-dono?"

"You have the wrong man," the other man answered.

"Don't worry. I'm not one of those Shogunate dogs."

"You're still a dog... So are you thirsting for blood?" he stopped before continuing, "I heard there's been a serial killer here lately, one who carries a sword... Go find someone else to bark at."

"Unfortunately, my sword hungers for the blood of strong men like you," his words sent shivers to my body. "How about a little match?"

Does he mean a duel?

"That sword you..." the other man stopped talking. I felt a sudden movement above.

"Is that the best you can do?" one of them asked.

My eyes widened when I heard that something was torn apart. My speculations were proven when I saw blood dripping. I hid myself more when one of them started walking.

When I was sure that the other man had left already, I immediately made my way up. When I saw a man on his knees and his back was bleeding, I panicked and rushed towards him.

"Shit-" I stopped when I realized what I'd said. "Did I just curse? Shit-oh, shit, I just did it again. Pardon my language. But shit! You're bleeding, I shall take you to an infirmary!"

"I... I'm not bleeding... I'm Katsura," he said.

"Seriously? How do you manage to make such a joke at this time? ! You should worry more about your life. I need to stop your wound from bleeding first. Do you have anything? An extra cloth perhaps?" I asked but I didn't hear any response. I checked his pulse and felt every flicker on it. "You're alive, aren't you?"

"I'm not alive, I'm Katsu--"

"I get it! I get it, you're not any else, you're Katsura! Don't repeat the same pun anymore. It doesn't sound funny at first so please, don't make it worse." An idea came to my mind. "Oh, right! My gown has an excess strip of cloth."

I immediately changed into my dress. I cut the long blue cloth that was hanging on my back and wrapped it around the wounded man in front of me.

"Here, stand up," I said while helping him to stand.

"Who are you?" he asked.

He just decided to ask me when I was done helping him already? Seriously, what's wrong with this man?

While we're walking, I decided to introduce myself. Maybe he can help me with my problem.

"My name is Silvanna, a royal from the Moniyan Empire," I said.

"Moniyan Empire? I never heard that. Are you an Amanto?" he asked that made me confused. Amanto? Are there such creatures?

"Amanto? Is that what you call demons here in Cadia Riverland?" I asked.

"Cadia Riverland? Ojou-san, you're in Edo," he said.

"E-Edo? I never heard of it," I said.

Could it be that...

No. No way. That's impossible. I know that there's a lot of supernatural creatures that reside in the Land of Dawn but what I have in mind is very impossible.

"Perhaps you know anything about the Land of Dawn?" I asked.

"Was that the other term of heaven?"

"Er... No."

It's hopeless. I'm not in the Land of Dawn anymore.

We came across a man. It looked like he was patrolling so I tried to call him to get his attention. "Uhm... Excuse me! Sir!"

He approached us. He looked at the guy I was carrying.

"What happened?"

"I don't really know what happened since I was just eavesdropping from a hidden location but it seems like he was attacked by a swordsman."

"He must've been attacked by the Tsujigiri!" I tilted my head in confusion. Tsujigiri? What is that? Oh, wait. This Katsura even called me earlier with a term I cannot comprehend. What was it again? Ojou-san?

"I don't have any idea on what you were saying but do you know any nearest infirmary or a healer? This guy's wound needs to be healed immediately."

"Do you intend to say a hospital and a doctor?"

"I... I think so?" I said.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me," said Katsura.

"I thought you were Kats-this is bad. I am infected with your pun now!"

"No, you weren't infected with your pun now, you are Sil-what was your name again?"

"Ugh. This is SO frustrating and more troublesome than fighting a battalion of demons. Let's just get you to a hospital, if that's what you call it," I said. I nodded at the man I was talking to earlier.

"There's no need to rush me to a hospital. I can handle it on my own and." He leaned on my ears. "I'm sure they won't let me in once they know who I am or maybe, they'll call the Shinsengumi."

"Shinsengumi? What is it this time, huh?" Their terms are getting on my head. I can't understand any!

"Dogs."

Why will dogs chase him?

I gasped when I realized something.

"Are you a lawbreaker?" I asked.

He whispered once again, "I was a terrorist."

"Shit. This is bad, I'm helping a terrorist. Will they arrest me, too?" I asked.

"No, if they do not know my whereabouts."

I turned at the man once again. I ran my finger over Katsura's wound. "I think he's fine now, Sir. Thank you for your concern but it was just a condiment made from tomatoes. There's nothing to worry about. See?" I showed him the red sticky liquid in my index finger.

"And who will believe you when it's obvious that it's really blood?" he said, with veins popping on his forehead.

"Oh, right! We're from a costume party! Can't you see, Sir? I'm portraying a Princess and he's a... a... Samurai who fought just to prove his love for the princess?" I said. I just hope that he'll believe it. I don't know any literary works from the East!

"What are you trying to depict from it? What show was it from?"

"They're from..." I tried to remember any theater plays or novels from the Cadia Riverland but I can't think of any. Once I'm back in the palace, I'll definitely look for every single one of them.

"The Tale of Princess Kaguya," said Katsura and I immediately agreed.

"Idiot! That's definitely not it! There's no samurai mentioned there!" the man replied.

"No, you probably didn't read its spin-off novel," I said. He looked at me. "The Tale of Princess Kaguya... and... a Samurai."

"There's no such thing!" I can feel that he's about to explode. He took a deep breath. "Okay, I'll let you do whatever you want. Just be careful. The night is dangerous."

"Thank you, Sir!" I said and he left. I sighed.

"Oi, Sir Katsura, you're still alive, right?" I called the man in my arms but he wasn't answering. I can still feel his heavy breathing but it seems like he has lost his consciousness already.

Luckily, after minutes of walking, I was able to find an abandoned warehouse in the Port. I guess we'll be spending our night here.

I looked at the guy beside me. If he died due to blood loss, he still died in my hands. He may not be a citizen of the Moniyan Empire but a Knight's duty is to save everyone that's why... I need to save him.

I don't know if my magic will still work but I guess it will. I was able to change my attire a while ago and as well as vanish my weapon into the thin air.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my fingers with each other. I placed it in front of my chest and took a deep breath. I collected the power within my heart.

"Dominus illuminatio mea et lux in tenebris lucet ita et lumen sanat in malum," I recited. Orbs of light started to appear from my palm. I led them towards Katsura's wound and as soon as they vanished, traces of his wounds went missing too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 94 14
[WARNING: CANON DIVERGENCE] Here again, another time and more people to help. Not his ideal world but it's hard to say no when someone has took you i...
7.6K 357 31
"You're joking.", I asked in pure disbelief. His eyes held the answer I didn't want to see. The look of regret. "I'm sorry darling. But the marriage...
20.2K 430 30
によって書かれた╶┈ ✄ Azura Lynx ✧ Warning I haven't watched/played the whole game so it'll like mostly be OOC (out of character) and Spoiler alert! I'm a m...
12.8K 294 8
|| COMPLETE || An Okikagu fanfic Kagura leaving her second home, earth, for some alien-hunting!! After some months later, she got an unexpected surpr...