สœแด‡แด€แด แด‡ษดสŸส ๊œฐษชส€แด‡ ~ แด›แดษช

Por rosethequeen1836

โ ๐‘จ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’”' ๐’๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’”, ๐‘บ๐’•๐’†๐’‘๐’‰๐’†๐’'๐’” ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐’Ž๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’'๐’” ๐’‘๐’†๐’•. ๐‘ฐ๐’๐’•๐’†๏ฟฝ... Mรกs

HEAVENLY FIRE
PART I - THE INVESTIGATOR
Chapter 1 - New York Institute
Chapter 2 - Old Ghosts Rising
Chapter 3 - The Circle of Raziel
Chapter 5 - Downworld Party
Chapter 6 - Hotel Dumort
Chapter 7 - Dawn of Glory
Chapter 8 - Abbadon
PART II - THE INQUISITOR
Chapter 9 - Meeting Long Awaited
Chapter 10 - The Silent City
Chapter 11 - Language of Hell
Chapter 12 - Subway Fight
Chapter 13 - The Seelie Court
Chapter 14 - Mind Is Strange
Chapter 15 - Blood of Heaven and Hell
Chapter 16 - Taste of Power
Chapter 17 - World Was Still Asleep
Chapter 18 - Fearless
Chapter 19 - Wayward One
Chapter 20 - Heir Restored
Chapter 21 - Burning Gold
Chapter 22 - To Conquer Misery
Chapter 23 - Name Held High
Chapter 24 - The Dim Past
PART III - THE SHADOWHUNTER
Chapter 25 - Vengeful Souls

Chapter 4 - The Silent Brothers

366 19 28
Por rosethequeen1836

Shadowhunters were trained to wake up as early as possible since they were children—a well-known fact among Nephilim. But that never implied on Allison.

She wasn't a deep sleeper, but cannot function without a proper eight-hour nap. Especially when her bed was so warm and soft. It was five in the morning and Allison was already dressed, sitting in the library. She was sipping a herbal tea Hodge had made for her, thank that blessed soul.

Hodge sat behind the enormous desk in a suit, his gray hair shone silver in the dawn light escaping through the high windows. And Brother Jeremiah, the silent brother from the city of bones was standing in the shadows. To not be afraid of the Gregoi is utter stupidity, which Allison didn't possess. That made her avoid the Silent Brothers as much as possible. That day was inevitable.

Brother Jeremiah was a tall man like all the other brothers were. His parchment-colored robe fell from his neck to his foot, the hood raised covering his face. Intricate runic designs along the hem and sleeves looked as if they had been inked there in drying blood.

The doors opened at last and Clary, along with Jace strode in. She looked at Hodge and gave a small smile. Her eyes finally fell on the Silent Brother, her green eyes darting as she tried to discern the figure. Brother Jeremiah came out of the shadows.

"This," said Hodge, "is Brother Jeremiah of the Silent City."

He moved slowly towards them, making no sound as he moved.

"And this, Jeremiah," Hodge said, rising from his desk, "Clarissa Fray."

Allison didn't stand up, nestling deeper into the sofa. She was already minutes away from passing out and the warm tea was no help.

The hooded face turned slowly toward Clary. "Hello," she said.

There was no reply.

"I sent a letter to the Silent Brothers about all this last night," Allison set down her cup. "But it's Clary's choice whether she wants to get help from the Brothers. They can help you remove the block from your mind. Whatever that is hidden inside."

Clary said nothing.

Jace glanced at Allison, who looked half-awake just like her. He seemed satisfied with the mutual. She turned her attention towards Brother Jeremiah, not ignoring the fact she wanted to commit arson just yesterday.

Brother Jeremiah's face was still turned toward Clary, nothing but darkness visible underneath his hood. This is Jocelyn's daughter?

Clary gave a little gasp, stepping back. The words had echoed inside Allison's head, which she was used to. Not Clary.

"Yes," said Hodge, and added quickly, "but her father was mundane."

That does not matter, said Jeremiah. The blood of the Clave is dominant.

"Why did you call my mother Jocelyn?" said Clary, searching in vain for some sign of a face beneath the hood. "Did you know her?"

"The Brothers keep records on all members of the Clave," explained Hodge. "Exhaustive records—"

"Not that exhaustive," said Jace, "if they didn't even know she was still alive."

She likely had the assistance of a warlock in her disappearance. Most Shadowhunters cannot so easily escape the Clave. There was no emotion in Jeremiah's voice; he sounded neither approving nor disapproving of Jocelyn's actions.

"There's something I don't understand," Clary said. "Why would Valentine think my mom had the Mortal Cup? If she went through so much trouble to disappear as you said, then why would she bring it with her?"

The thought of Jocelyn, as a young woman who had stopped an awful war, disappearing from the only world she had ever known...Allison was quite impressed with her resilience.

"To keep him from getting his hands on it," said Hodge. "She above all people would have known what would happen if Valentine had the Cup. And I imagine she didn't trust the Clave to hold on to it. Not after Valentine got it away from them in the first place."

"Jocelyn chose to trust herself," Allison observed. "That it would be safe to guard it herself."

Brother Jeremiah moved toward Clary and said, What is your choice, Clarissa?

Clary looked at Allison. "This would help me find my mother right?"

Allison considered the actualities for a moment. For Clary asking her, perhaps she finally realized Allison's position. Nevertheless, she tried a comforting smile, "Your memories are hidden for a reason. There's a high chance it was done because you know something. We just have to find it."

Clary sighed. "Okay. I'll do it."

Brother Jeremiah placed his long white hands on Clary's forehead. She gasped at seeing his face, bald with his eyes and mouthed stitched. But her eyes shut and were scrunched up as if she was replaying a dream.

Allison stood up finally, circling them.

"Stop." Jace's voice broke into the silence and Brother Jeremiah's hands dropped.

Hodge cut him a sharp look. "Jace, you—"

"Look at her hands," Jace replied, and was true. Her nails dugs into her palms deeply and were bleeding.

The block on her mind is a powerful one, the Silent Brother said. She has to come to the city of bones to stand before the Brotherhood.

"A block?" asked Jace. "You mean she's repressed her memories?".

"Perhaps..." Allison wondered, looking at Brother Jeremiah. "Warlocks can construct complex spells like the one used on Clary's, right?"

"A spell?" said Clary incredulously. "Who would have put a spell on me?"

"How?" Jace asked instead, though his words were not sharp but curious.

"Like a mirage, making her see what she's made to see," She looked at Brother Jeremiah to continue. But the Silent Brother said I am not the warlock specialist here, Investigator. Though my brotherhood will have far clearer answers.

Jace looked at his tutor. He was surprisingly pale. "Hodge, she shouldn't have to go if she doesn't—"

"It's all right." Clary took a deep breath. She appeared as if she wanted badly to lie down somewhere dark and rest. "I'll go. I want to know the truth. I want to know what's in my head."

Everyone was silent.

"I'll come," But she looked at Jace. "But not alone."

"Then we'd go together." Jace smiled.

Let's be on our way, Brother Jeremiah said. Hodge. Investigator.

Allison nodded her head in reply as the Silent one left.

Jace and Hodge exchanged a few words and Jace followed the Silent Brother along with an anxious Clary.

"We have to wait for them to return." Hodge sat behind his table again. "If we can learn something vital, it'd be worth it."

Allison didn't sit down. She was bobbing in her feet, her mind unsettled. "I wanted to ask something. I thought we could speak about Luke Garroway."

Hodge sighed. "I didn't know it was Lucian."

"That I know. Clary doesn't know he's a werewolf, yet," She crossed her arms, fingers digging into her elbows. "Or that he was Valentine's parabatai,"

"When do you plan on telling her?" Hodge asked.

"Soon," She placed her hands behind the chair, for support, as she said slowly. "I thought he was dead. My mother too. She still regrets that she wasn't there to help him when needed."

Hodge placed his elbows on the desk. "Amatis and Lucian were really close when they were young. Amatis raised him after their mother left to join the Iron Sisters."

"Should I reach out to him?" Allison asked. "It was my mother's biggest regret. Is it wise?"

Hodge looked at her with a parental look in his eyes that made her stiffen. "Either you repeat your mother's mistakes or change the issue into something better. That is all I can suggest."

~~~~~

New York City had an unhurried start. First, there wasn't a single vehicle or a person in sight. Slowly, as the sun started to rise, the city too woke up. Humid air pressed down on the city, turning the air into grimy soup.

Even the sage-colored shirt she wore started to get drenched with the sweat sliding down her back. Though the gentle breeze that appeared occasionally was soothing.

She was seated in the steps outside the Institute, waiting for Clary to return and discover what her memories hid. It has been two hours already and Allison was starting to feel bored, and hungry. Definitely hungry.

A few cars were going up and down the street. A red-haired burly man stuffed a pretzel into his mouth as he rushed towards his office. A woman dragging her green-eyed child in a hurry. And a few mundane teenage boys, winked at her because she wasn't glamoured. She wasn't surprised and returned the favor which shocked the boys in return.

She was well aware of her striking features: deep blue eyes which were sometimes midnight or sapphire shade along with thick dark brown hair. And then there was a thing about muscle. Training since she was twelve, she was bound to develop muscle. It was helpful since she had to wield weapons like flamethrowers. Sometimes a turn-off among guys which she flaunted, nevertheless.

Instead, she thought about Luke.

Luke said back at his house that he was leaving the country. But he wouldn't leave his pack, wouldn't he? Clary not knowing him as a werewolf was another story. Allison thought it would be best kept hidden.

The door behind her opened and Alec rushed out. He looked like he had just gotten out of the bed, with his hair sticking in different directions. He climbed down the stairs swiftly, past Allison not even glancing at her.

"Where are you rushing out?" She demanded loud enough.

That caught this attention and Alec slowly looked up from the bottom of the stairs. "What are you doing here?"

"Where are you dashing like a mad man?" Allison asked again.

"Oh, I'm meeting up with Jace at Taki's. Clary met the Silent Brothers and I guess we have to talk about it." Alec seemed to hesitate. "Are you coming?"

"Will there be food?" She asked curiously.

"It is a diner."

"I'm in!" Allison exclaimed and was down the stairs in a second. "I'm starving."

Locking her arm with Alec's, they started to walk.

~~~~~

Jace was nestled into a wooden booth in Taki's, to which he was forever indebted. Saving him from the wrath of Isabelle's cooking by cartons of food which saved him like an elixir. The diner was a brightly lit restaurant. It was pleasant inside, despite the lack of windows. Cozy wooden booths nestled against each other, lined with brightly colored cushions.

Clary, who was sitting opposite him looked at the menu card with horror. "Why is there blood here?"

"Vampires," Jace answered.

"The raw meat?"

"Werewolves,"

"Wow." She muttered and tucked a stray curl behind her ear.

Jace couldn't help but study her. Her hair was like a fire, burning at its brightest. He hadn't seen such bright red hair, only on some Seelies. The seelies were good-looking. But Clary was beautiful.

She looked up and her gaze went behind him. "Alec and Allison are here."

"Allison?" Jace turned behind in his seat to get a look. "What in the world is she doing here?"

Jace was supposed to have expected it.

They were walking in, Alec whispering to her about Clancy, the ifrit. Though she didn't seem fazed by it. She looked like she has seen them before and the memory was not the best one. But she was listening to Alec curiously, laughed when he commented. There was something in Allison's gaze as she looked at his parabatai.

Well, looks like Alec finally charmed someone.

Alec finally raised his head and spotted Jace. He waved and they both came to their booth. He slid in beside Jace. "Izzy's bringing the mundane, unfortunately."

Allison rolled her eyes. "He's not that bad. Most mundanes would go mad with this much knowledge of the Shadow World."

"Where did he come from?" Jace asked.

"Showed up first thing in the morning," Alec amused. "Couldn't stay away from Izzy. Pathetic."

Clary looked like she wanted to kick him.

"What do you have against Simon?" Allison demanded.

Alec stayed silent, taking caution. She narrowed her blue eyes, glistening like sapphires under the cheap lights.

"For God's sake," Alec exclaimed. "It's just I'm not that good with mundanes and I've seen many coming back like a kicked puppy after my sister. I'm just fed up with them."

Jace considered his parabatai. "That's the most energy I've gotten from Alec. I'd almost say thanks but I wanted to strangle you just yesterday."

Allison smiled back. "I'd say welcome in return but just nine hours before, I would've thrown a chair at your pretty angelic face."

"Ha! So you do admit I'm irresistible." Jace clapped his hands in delight. "No one cannot be blind to my charms."

Allison scoffed, twirling a lazy finger through a lock of her hair. "If you compare your charms to a swine, I'll agree."

"Please. I'm hotter than Alec."

"I'd beg to disagree."

Alec spat his water back into his glass, his ears dusted pink.

"Shove over." Izzy appeared with Simon tagging along. She sat beside Alec while Simon was looking at Allison, quite hesitant. With her head propped on her fist, she threw him a dazzling grin.

Simon, still not satisfied, sat beside her carefully.

Kaelie, the blonde waitress came. "Know what you want to order?" Flashing a row of her needle-like teeth.

"The usual." Jace said, earning a smile.

"Me too." Alec said, not earning a smile.

"A fruit smoothie." Isabelle licked her lips.

"Coffee," Simon mumbled.

"Coconut pancakes," Clary replied.

Allison eyed Clary's menu. "Hot chocolate and—"

"The usual for her too," Alec interjected and when Allison looked up, he replied. "It's amazing. Trust me."

She just shrugged, scrolling through her phone. Though replying to some question Clary had asked, both chuckling in the end. Allison was great and all, but something was unsettling about her. She was always guarded as if filled with the entire Clave's secrets. He didn't trust her a bit.

Their food finally arrived and everyone dug in. That's when Allison's phone rang. She scowled at the annoying noise, which made Jace ask, "I didn't know you guys in Alicante have a phone,"

"We've evolved from being primitives," She said, earning a chuckle from Isabelle. "I can't say the same for—shit," Her face turned horrified, cursing at the screen. "Shit, shit, shit, shit—" She was up from her seat in a fluid motion, and almost knocked Simon off his seat as she rushed out of the diner.

"She does have the normal existential crisis like us," Jace commented, tossing a fry into his mouth. "You know, the usual cursing and panicking at eight in the morning. Maybe she is normal."

~~~~~

"Yes, Inquisitor," Allison said into her phone as she leaned against the alley next to Taki's.

"Where are you?"

"New York,"

"You didn't have time to inform me personally?" Her grandmother's voice was edged as if controlling her fury.

"I assumed the problem in New York might not be longer than a day. Which turned out to be wrong. I had to stay for the night. I sent a fire message to my mom—"

"She's your legal guardian, I'm aware," Her sharp voice cut her off. Allison knew it must be very early in Alicante, her grandmother must've stayed up late. By the Angel, Allison was an idiot, She should've talked to the Inquisitor— "But I, too, have a right to know of your whereabouts."

"I'm sorry," She said earnestly, "It's a matter I had to deal with carefully."

"Care to explain the situation?"

"I have to respect the victim's confidentiality,"

A dry chuckle. "You have learned to use words cleverly. Do remember I'm the Inquisitor, Allison, I have a legal obligation to be clarified of all cases the Investigators undertake."

"I know, Inquisitor," She picked on a loose brick, "I'll brief you after the matter is resolved."

Her grandmother kept silent, clearly debating on whether to agree or not. Testing Imogen's patience was thrilling, though now wasn't the time. "Grandmother..." Allison tried out, and she didn't reprimand her to call her the Inquisitor. Taking the chance, "If the problem becomes complicated, I will contact you. I promise. You need not worry."

"I can send George—"

"I am fine, grandmother," She assured, bracing a hand against the wall, letting her head droop. "I think I might have to stay for another day or two. Can you inform my mother too?"

"Another day or two?" Imogen's anger flared.

"I won't be hooking up with random people," Allison tried to hold back her snap. "I am here to do my job, as you'd always wished for. It's not my preference."

"You have no interest in being an Investigator?" Imogen's voice dimmed.

Allison hit her head, not too softly, against the wall. "I did not mean that,"

"No, I completely understand." Imogen sounded like the Inquisitor again, any trace of her grandmother gone. "Be safe and return home soon, Investigator,"

"Grandmother—" But the call had already ended. Allison cursed and kicked the wall, the loose brick finally fell down. Though her right foot started to ache. No, now was not the time. She had to resolve this situation soon, and then she can talk to the Inquisitor later.

She trudged back to her cabin, where the food had arrived. Simon moved in to give her his place and everyone pointedly ignored her gaze. "It was the Inquisitor," she announced, her fingers curling around the warm cup. "A valid reason for fear,"

"I can agree," Jace nodded and leaned forward. "Anything you shared with her?"

"Promised I'd be a good girl and not hook up," Allison folded her elbows neatly against the table, ensuring enough threat. "And with a couple of colorful words on how I refuse to contradict a certain person's confidentiality," Her eyes landed on Clary, "You're welcome,"

"The Inquisitor believed that?" Isabelle doubted.

Allison snorted, playing with her fries. "Of course not. I'll just deal with the consequences later. Until then, I'm going to tag along to help you all resolve this situation,"

Jace still studied, and why he didn't trust her was a topic she didn't want to venture upon. He slid a blue paper into her view. It was printed on thin paper, nearly parchment, in a thin, elegant, spidery hand. It announced a gathering at the humble home of Magnus the Magnificent Warlock, and promised attendees a rapturous evening of delights beyond your wildest imaginings.

"Magnus Bane?" She echoed the warlock's name, blinking at the paper.

"You were right," Clary sighed. "It was a warlock who did a spell. The Silent Brothers couldn't break it. I only remember his name, so he must be the one who did that spell."

"Precisely," She muttered, still blinking at the paper.

"You're the Warlock Specialist," Jace gestured towards invitation. "The name rings any bells, Investigator?"

Allison needed something stronger but downed the hot chocolate. "I've had a chance to meet Magnus Bane. We don't need an invitation for meeting him, if he remembers me,"

"You know him?" asked Alec, eyeing her.

"Very well,"

Word Count - 3061

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

72.2K 1.8K 48
๐˜ˆ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฏ...
24.7K 582 24
A Raphael Santiago fanfic....
93.1K 3.4K 47
A Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare fanfiction. All rights to Cassandra Clare, I don't own any of the characters... ect. This is my idea of what...
196 12 6
This is a fanfiction based on The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. The main characters will be the children of the main characters of TMI. Hope...