Kazuki Shimada x reader|One-s...

By grass_n_frogs

Kazuki Shimada is a character from the anime movie/manga "Silent Voice" or "Koe No Katachi". Yes, I know he i... More

・Disclaimer・
・A Little Birthday Gift・
・My One and Only・
・My One and Only Epilogue・
・Piano lessons・
・Too Flustered・
・By Your Side・
・For (Y/n)'s Love!・ (PART ONE)
・For (Y/n)'s Love! ・ (PART TWO)
・Everything Stays・
・Second Chance・
・Kind Girl and Bad Boy・
・Jelly Mind・
・Second Traitor・(Prologue)
・Second Traitor・(PART ONE)
・Second Traitor・ (PART TWO)
・Second Traitor・(Epilogue)
・Parrot Love・(PART ONE)
・Parrot Love・(PART TWO)
・Together Forever・(1K SPECIAL)
・Hangout・
・The Beginning of Preparation ・
・Packing For France・
・French Culture・
・High Fever・
・Night before France・
・Last Morning・
・Tearful Goodbyes・
・Airport Adventures ・
・A Whole New World・
・She's Mine・
・Nutria's Blessing・
・How It All Started・
・Turning Point・
・Haruna ・
・There 4 You・
・Restart・
・I'm Not Jealous・
・Lost・
・Never Let Go・
(⌐■_■) FBI, Open Up
・Mute Reader x Kazuki・
・Bye Bye!・

・Forgiven・

1K 31 52
By grass_n_frogs

This is the second part of "Restart." The next scenario will be a request about Kazuki getting jealous. Enjoy the story!
Key:
(F/a) - favorite animal
(F/f) - favorite flower
(2/f/f) - second favorite flower

Starting from that day, Kazuki tried his best to pick up the pieces he has broke. Not going to lie, I was proud of him, but it didn't erase the fact, the pain he has inflicted on me was still there. I was also still awkward with him, which didn't help at all when I started to hang out with him and his friends. There was a school festival held near the end of the school year and Kazuki hopes that he would repair the friendship enough for me to go with him or that is what he told me.

"Hey... (y/n)." He greeted me as I told him so yesterday. I cracked an awkward smile, "Hi..." Oh jeez... "What did we talk about back then?" I wondered to myself. "Let's go?" He asked me, breaking my thoughts. "O-Oh Okay..." I walked next to him to class. It was quiet the whole way. We met up with his group of friends. They all greeted him and then turned to me with small smiles, except for Hirose. One by one, they all greeted me, introduced themselves, and hoped that we would be good friends. It was like it was all planned. Until I met face to face with Hirose. "Hey..." "Hey." I sweatdropped at the awkward reunion. I mean, I was barely close to him. "It's fine, I already forgave you," I mumbled quietly, looking away. The only thing he did wrong was joining Kazuki's bullying and allowing Ishida to bully Nishimiya. He didn't do any dramatic, but his cooperation with the bullying still makes it bad. "Thanks..." He nodded his head.

Then Haruna came by me. She was a shy girl, but I think she gained some confidence. It kind of reminded me of a lot of Ueno and Sahara. "I hope you and Shimada are able to be friends again." She whispers to me and gave me a wink. I smiled and nodded my head. "By the way, I used to like him." She whispers even quieter and close in my ear. I put on an awkward smile and nodded my head again. "So take care of him if you guys ever got together, k?" Nodding my head for the last time, a blush appeared on my cheeks. She giggled and pat my shoulder. "Alright class, time to sit down." The teacher came in, allowing me to finally breathe with the new tension.

"Aren't you going to eat lunch, (y/n)?" Haruna asked me. During lunch, I would usually just read or draw, but this time I actually have to communicate with people. "Uh, I usually don't eat until I get home," I pulled out my bag, "I mean, I got snacks..." "That's not healthy." I heard Kazuki mutter quietly next to me. "But I'm not hungry," I said quietly back. "Here." Kazuki moved his bento box close to me, "Eat something more suitable for lunch, will you?" "But, I'm not hungry," I mumbled a bit louder, pouting like a child. "Well, you're not being healthy either." He argues back.

Haruna and the rest giggles quietly. "You sure act like some married couple." Hirose cover his laugh next to Kazuki. Kazuki gives Hirose a glare, immediately putting Hirose in his spot. "Oh, married couple?" I mumble with a slight warmth in my cheeks. "Forget what he said and just eat." "But it's your lunch!" "We can share." "B-B-But... I got my snacks..." I hold up my bags of chips. "Which is unhealthy." He states with a stoic face. "I can eat healthier things after school." "That's three hours from now." "I can survive." "No." "Why?" "No. Eat." "PLEASE-"

"This is no fair." I frowned as I nimble on some of Kazuki's lunch. "It's not so bad." He said. "Shimada is like a really caring boyfriend, don't you think?" I can hear Haruna whisper in her friend's ear. "But he said he doesn't like me!" I thought to myself, gritting my teeth. A blush spread on my face. I took a glance at him and for that one second, I met his grey eyes again."But do I still like him?" The question came and stayed on my mind unsolved until the day of the school festival.

"Mom! Where's my hairpin?" Today was the day where Kazuki will take me to the school festival. "Here it is." "Thanks, mom!" She turned me around and pinned up my hair for me. "So Shimada is taking you?" I nodded my head rapidly. "You guys sure have a whole lot of history." She giggled and went to the kitchen. "Yea... I guess we did." I fixed up my yukata a bit and looked into the mirror. "Do you think..." My mom turned to me, "He will like it." She gives me a warm smile and placed a hand on my shoulders, putting her head next to mine. "I'm sure he will love it. Like you said, he's trying his best to fix everything right?" I nodded my head with a warm blush.

The evening was setting in as the surroundings get dimmer. I stared out of the window and took a deep breath. I remember what he told me before he brought me home.

"You're going right?" "Yea, and you're taking me?" He nodded his head. "Thanks for giving me a chance." "It's no problem. I'm glad you're trying your best to be better." Once my home was starting to come into view he turned to me, "I'll pick you up around 5." "Alright." I give him a smile. We got to the doorstep of my house, before opening to door, he shouted to me, "I can't wait to see you!" Then he waved and walked away. My face was flushed scarlet. "Th-That was unexpected!"

My mom watched me shook my head and patted my face to stop myself from blushing again. "Mom..." "Yes, honey?" We both sat down on the couch. I squeezed on my yukata, "I don't know if I still like him... It's been messing with me for months now. I tried to be myself around him like I used to... but what if he left me again..." My mom rubbed my back as I sulk in silence. "Honey... it may be stressful, but the answer will come soon. Once you stop looking for the answer it just... well... magically pops up! Don't worry about that and just have fun." I fought the negativity and smiled. "Yea! Thanks, mom."

Soon the door opened, revealing my dad who is walking in, "A boy is waiting outside for you." He points with his thumb behind. "Oh, it's already 5?!" I jumped up and ran to the door, "Don't do anything romantic." "I won't!" I scoffed and quickly grabbed my wooden sandals and bag. "Make sure to have fun and be safe." My dad kissed me on the head, followed by a pat. "Don't worry, I will." "Have fun!" My parents said together. "Thanks, mom, thanks, dad!" I hopped down the steps of my house and jogged to Kazuki. My parents watched from the door together as their little daughter almost trips on the boy. They giggled and close the door, but soon peeped outside the window.

"Sorry, Shimada! Did I make you wait too long?" He chuckled, "Don't worry about it. Catch your breath." I sighed and start calming down. Then I looked up at him. He was wearing his casual clothing, watching me. He then smiled, "You look pretty." "Oh!" I stood up straight again and rubbed my neck, "Th-th-thanks." I stammered out with a blush and awkward smile. "Let's go then." We both started walking down the sidewalk. The place is getting darker. It was quiet as crickets starts singing to fill it. I fiddle with my yukata's sleeve as I took a glimpse of him every once in a while. "I want to take you to this place after the festival. Will that be okay?" "Uh, sure, what place is it?" I looked over at him, "That's a secret." He smiles. I pouted and then broke into a smile, "I'm excited then."

We got to the bright, color festival. Kids were laughing and chatting. Many food carts and tents were open along with some games for the kids to play. Dragon dancers danced around with crowds of people gather around it. Lanterns were lit up everywhere as music played throughout the festival. Kazuki watched as my eyes lit up with joy. A big, open smile spread across my face. He enjoyed it. That's what he told me.

"Want to get some dango?" "Yes!" He chuckles as walked to the food cart. "I can pa-" "Don't worry about money." He interrupted, already paying the man. He brought down sweetly covered dangos and handed one to me. "T-Thanks..." We walked out of line, eating our steamed food. "What now?" "Let's go play some games." I nodded my head as we walked towards a booth with many children gathering around it. There were prizes and stuff animals surrounding it. "What prize do you want?" Kazuki asked me. "Oh, um..." I gasped, "That!" I pointed at the stuff (f/a). "Alright then, he handed me his food and walked up to the table. "How do we get that?" He asked the lady to accompany the game. "Shoot 3 bottles down. You only get 5 tries. That will be $5 dollars." He handed her the money in exchange for the fake rifle.

He shot one bottle down, missed the next, shot another one down, and then missed the next. I was amazed. "One more..." He breathes out. "Come on Shimada, you can do it!" I cheered him on. Bam! Another one down. "Wow, congrats!" The lady clapped her hand and handed him the stuff (f/a). "Usually, everyone misses." She told us
"Here." "For me?" "You said you wanted it, didn't you?" "Oh... I guess... I did." I gave him back his dango. "Thanks, Shimada, you're amazing." His cheeks bushed a bit, making me realize what I said. "Oh, I mean...! Sorry! Did I weirded you out?" He shook his head, "Let's just go." He grabbed my hand, continuing walking down the festival streets.

We threw away our sticks when we finished our dangos. I hugged onto the prize Kazuki got for me with both hands. "What now?" He asked me. "Um... hey look!" I pointed over to a man that is making things out of flowers. "Let's go check it out!" We both walked over to the man who already attracted a crowd of children. "Ta-da!" He places a crown on the girl's head. "Thank you, sir! The girl grinned and then walked away with her mother complimenting her. "What's your two favorite flowers?" He whispers in my ear. His warmth sent shivers down my spine. "Um, (f/f) and (2/f/f)." "Sir." The man turned his attention towards us, "How much for you to make a flower bracelet?" The man smiles, "Just $4. I would need the wrist to measure it." Kazuki took my hand and showing it to the man. His fingers were warm, it was hard to control the nervousness my hand was feeling. The man slipped around the longest flower around my wrist, measuring it. Then he started to make it with quick action. "Wow..." We watched in aw as he placed the last flower in, "Here you go." "Thanks." We walked out of the crowd. He put on the bracelet around my wrist.

I hold my wrist and looked at the flowers, "Thank you... you know..." I looked up at him with a small blush, "You don't have to keep paying for everything..." He smiled, "It's fine. As long as you are having fun then I'm good." "O-Oh... Ok..." I squeezed the stuffed animal closer to my chest. "Come on! There's still a lot of things to do." He takes my hand and we headed back into the crowds.

After an hour or so, we headed to a secret place like Kazuki promised. It was pretty far and it was starting to get late. We passed the far bridge and soon we were surrounded by nothing. "Is it okay for us to be this far?" "It's fine, there's a fisherman that lives nearby. He's aware we are here so didn't worry." He continues walking, "O-Oh okay then." I stick close by, grabbing onto the back of his shirt. "Don't worry." He pulled me to his side by my arm, making me flinched. "S-sorry." He must have realized it. "Yea..." I hugged the stuffed animal. "It's okay. Let's keep on going." I held onto his arm hesitantly. "Let's."

We reached a grassy field that is illuminated by the moon. The sky was perfectly clear on that starry night with little clouds that floated by. There was a dark forest in the background. There were also fireflies scattered around each step we took through the thick grass. "Wow, it's so... beautiful!" "Let's rest here for a while." "Okay." We sat down at the best spot, laying back, and looked up at the moon and stars. "I didn't know this place existed," I spoke quietly, afraid I was going to disrupt the wind going through th grass. "Yea, I found out last week." "Thanks for taking me here." I sighed and then turn my head. "Yea, no problem..." His voice trailed. I'm jealous. His side profile is perfect.

I then turn my head back. "Say..." He begins. "Remember a couple of months ago, I said I wanted to make things better between us?" "Uh-huh." "Do you still... hate me." "No." Everything was quiet. "How much did I hurt you?" He sat up. I sat up as well and thought about it. "A lot. I was afraid to get involved with anybody ever since so I just end up being alone. I really... despised you back then..." His eyes wavered with guilt, "But it's okay now! You're tryin-" "But it's not enough!" My shoulder jumps. "I told you bad things. Then I left you for a whole year. I ignored you. You were all alone and sad because of me. And somehow... You gave me a second chance." His voice cracked. I didn't know what to do. "But you're trying to change aren't you?" I asked. "I'm so sorry. I don't even know if you want me around anymore." He met my eyes. "But I do." His eyes opened up, "You're trying you're best to change so why wouldn't I want you around. You're not the same guys back then and besides," I laid back down, "You're different and wiser."

"But..." "I know. I know what you caused, but that doesn't mean you can't change it. It's going to take me a while to fix myself too, so you're not the only one changing." "But you're perfect the way you are before." Kazuki moved a little closer, his voice a little desperate. "You didn't do anything wrong." "I'm not the same as before though." I sat up again, "I've changed for the worse, but seeing you wanting to change makes me wants to change too..." My voice trailed off, "Will you leave me if I get involved again?" I mumbled. I can hear his breathing stop for a moment. "No... I'm never leaving you like that... ever." He said firmly. "I promise." His whisper came in as the wind stopped. "Promise." I confirmed.

I smiled a laid back down, "I forgive you. Really." He laid back down too, "I'm glad we can be friends again." "Yea... friends." "Maybe I do still like him." I hugged the stuff animal, confirming my feelings. "Thank you..." I said quietly and huddle close to him, "Mhm." He turned on his side and looked at me in the eyes. I can remember the moonlight tracing his blond hair. Jeez, this is cheesy... I thought. He placed a hand on mine, "Thank you for forgiving me." I closed my eyes for a second. Just a second.

"WE ARE SO SO SO SO SO DOOMED!" I yelled as we ran out of the field. It was around 3 in the morning according to the fisherman that woke us up. "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE BOTH FELL ASLEEP. WE'RE SO DEADDDDDD!" I was panicking like crazy with Kazuki dragging my hand. We were basically sprinting. "Shhh, don't scream. People will think we actually got kidnapped or something." He told me. I held it in, "BUT IT'S LATE AND WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE H-" He covered my mouth and shushed me again. I nodded my head. We continued on running home.

Both our parents glared down upon us. Seems like Kazuki's parents went to my house. "Do you two know what time it is and how worried we were!?" His mother started scolding is. "Don't get mad at (y/n). I was the one who wanted to stay out late and we accidentally slept. Please forgive me." I didn't know what to say so I just bowed down along with Kazuki in shame. Then my mother's hand patted our heads, "This is the LAST time you are going to stay out late." "Ok..." I mumbled. "You are not allowed to sleep out. Do you understand? No buts!" We nodded our head. "Good. So how did it go?" "Great..." I smiled awkwardly. "Anything went down, hm?" My mother smirked at me while my father gave me the warning eye. "N-no! Nothing happened!" I shook my head. "We just talked, sir," Kazuki assured. I nodded my head. "Alright then. We're all tired so let's all go home and sleep." Kazuki's father yawned. "We're sorry." I apologized once again.

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun." I told him. "I'm glad." He waved us goodbye. "You sure you did nothing?" My mom swung her arm around me. "YES, MOM! DON'T LOOK INTO IT!"

...

"Your story almost sounds like... a fanfic story," Ueno laughs on-screen. "Pfft, I know. It's kind of weird, huh?" "So, how's everything in France?" She asks me. "It's okay, I still depend on Kazuki a lot though, which kind of sucks. I'm trying not to rely on him too much though." I sigh. "Oh, I think he's home." "Alright then, see you later. Don't do anything dirty~!" I scoff, "Oh my god, Ueno. That's not going to happen!" "Whatever. See ya." "Bye." She hangs up the long call first. I got out of bed and went into the living room excitedly, " Welcome h-..." Behind him was a random girl. She was beautiful. Light brown luscious hair covers her shoulders. She wore a kind smile. My head tilt with confusion. "Hey (y/n), this is Dawn."

(I believe the original artwork is from ShinigamiRukia! Name of work: Ayatoki #1304899)

And that's a cliff hanger everyone. I'll see you guys next time >:)

-Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 306 9
Everyone at Overwatch was paired up in groups of two, then sent out to stay at different locations. The mission, or rather their job, was to get to k...
3.7K 214 40
You, Shirosaki Kaori is a first year student Shiratorizawa Academy. An accident happened a day when you are on duty that led you met Shirabu Kenjirou...
130K 2.8K 32
{Highest ranking: #1 in Genji!} You were friends with Genji and Hanzo in their youth. Tragic events split you all apart and you reunite years later a...
340K 16.5K 39
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝! 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐮 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐮 isn't a flashy boy who stands out. He actually looks like another person in the crowd wh...