The Next Level *SEQUEL TO LPA...

By DjBunny

"Game over...thank you for playing." I whispered softly as his forehead rested on mine gently. "But maybe I w... More

The Next Level ; Shout-outs, Notes, Copyrights...
AUTHORS NOTE...READ NOW...OMG
*coughs* Author's Note *coughs*
| Prologue : The Next Level |
| Chapter One : Graduation... Eep! |
| Chapter Two : Party Tiimmmee ! |
| Chapter Three : Life on the Highway |
| Chapter Four : Alex's Apartment ...And Trin's Troubles |
| Chapter Five : Final Good-bye {Trin's POV, pt 1} |
| Chapter Six : Final Good-bye {Trin's POV, pt 2} |
| Chapter Seven : Going Back to America |
| Chapter Eight : Texts, Thoughts, and Road Trips |
| Chapter Nine : College Choices {3rd Person POV} |
| Chapter Ten : The Party Don't Start Till I Walk In |
| Chapter Eleven : Roooaaad Triiip! |
| Chapter Twelve : On The Road |
| Chapter Thirteen : Hospitals, Hope, and Hancock, FL |
Author's Note -- DON'T WORRY ITS NOT BAD.. Its good actually c:
| Chapter Fourteen : New York, Back Home, and More College Decisions |
| Chapter Fifteen : Saying So Long and College Roommates |
| Chapter Sixteen : College Starts and Some Hardships |
| Chapter Seventeen : Alex's POV... Conclusions... |
| Chapter Eighteen : Christmas Break... And a Surprise |
| Chapter Nineteen : Christmas Day & Other Things |
| Chapter Twenty : News, News, and More News {Trin's POV} |
| Chapter Twenty-One : DOUBLE WEDDING EVERYONE! Prank chapter |
| Chapter Twenty-One : THE REAL DOUBLE WEDDING GUIES!! |
| Chapter Twenty-Two : R RATED CHAPTER *gasp* |
| Chapter Twenty-Three : Hmmm |
| Chapter Twenty-Four : I'M WHAT?! |
| Chapter Twenty-Five : Trinity, Derek, and... Arguements |
| Chapter Twenty-Six : Changes, Baby Bumps, and Something Else |
| Chapter Twenty-Seven : Things & Berenity Wedding |
Author's Noteee...hELP?? { kinda like a contest c: }
| Chapter Twenty-Nine : News, Heartbreaks, and First Birthdays |
| Chapter Thirty : Oh No... { Epilogue } |
Extra Chapter - Trinity's POV : Stay With Me...
Author's Note... Please read
AUTHORS NOOOTTEEE
Extra Chapter - Alex's POV : yOU'RE WHAT?!
Author's Note Dun dun dunnnnn
Author's Note : Announcement!

| Chapter Twenty-Eight : Labor Pains |

20.6K 666 347
By DjBunny

I sighed heavily as I tossed and turned. I couldn't get to sleep. I couldn't get comfortable. Alex was out, o-u-t. I sighed heavily as I grabbed the cup that was beside the bed and took a sip of water. I set it back down and rolled onto my back and sighed, staring at the ceiling through the darkness my eyes had grown accustom to. Suddenly a piercing pain came on and I hissed. I tried not to wake Alex since it just seemed like the baby kicked me really hard. It went on for a long 60 seconds before it finally stopped. I panted and blew a sigh, turning on my side. I was pretty tired to say the least, so I tried to go to sleep.

Five minutes later I shot up and groaned in pain again as I clutched my stomach. Suddenly I felt liquid on me and my eyes widened. I shook Alex. He didn't wake up.

"ALEX!" I screamed, but he still was sound asleep. I narrowed my eyes and shook him harder, still to no avail.

I sighed, grabbed the cup of water, and trickled some on his face. He moaned and rubbed his face before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. "Mm.. What time is it?"

"It's time, Alex."

"Mhm, that's nice, babe." His husky voice replied. I rolled my eyes and counted down. 3...2....1.... "WAIT WHAT?!"

He shot up and out of bed, turning on the lamp before he squinted his eyes and put his hands on the bed. I nodded. "It's. Time."

"Time for t..." I nodded, his eyes widened as he frantically grabbed a pair of pants and leaped into them. I heaved myself up and grabbed the bag that was sitting close to the bed. Since the wedding we've been preparing for the moment of arrival since the doctor told us it was very close. But it had been a week since the wedding.

Alex slid on a t-shirt and I laughed. "Babe... it's backwards."

"Huh?" He questioned and looked down. "Oh sh...oot. Yeah." He took it off and slid it back on, rushing to my side and helping me with the bag.

I was nervous, excited, and calm all at once. I was probably just calm because I didn't want to freak Alex out more. Otherwise I'd probably be freaking out myself. I waddled towards the door but stopped short. Wait, I can't go with nasty breath...!

I redirected myself to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly and used some mouth wash before I spit the mouth wash out and waddled to the door as quickly as I could. Alex was starting the car but then quickly rushed back to help me to the car. I got in and he closed the door and got in on his side. He quickly drove away before he stopped short.

"Um, Alex, the hospital is that way, hon." I said, pointing behind us.

"I knew that..." He said, as he made quite an illegal U turn and sped off.

I had another pain and screamed out, holding onto the side of the door tightly. It went away after a minute and a half, so I decided to call and let Trin know.

Ring, ring...RIINNGG!

"Jocynn Todd you better have a seriously good explication for calling me and interrupting my beauty sl--" Trinity groggily started, but I cut her off.

"Um, I think I do. I mean, I dunno, I guess giving birth is pretty good. But, yup, I dunno." I said quickly as I inhaled a sharp breath.

"You called me in the middle of the night for that?! Really, Joce I---..." There was a pause, "WAIT YOU WHAT?!" She screeched.

I heard a thump, a crash, and a loud Derek on the other end, "TRINITY TOMLINSON WHAT THE FREAK!? WILL YOU SHUT UP?"

"DEREK SHU--aww man, that was my favorite lamp!" She exclaimed.

I sniggered to myself and replied, "I'm telling you, those lamps are out to get us. I'm sure of it."

"Mhm. ANYWAYS, DEREK GET YOUR ARSE UP AND HURRY UP. IM GOING TO THE HOSPITAL TO SEE THE BIRTH OF MY GODSO--...wait, no...ah you know what, screw it. MY GODSON SO UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR WIFE WALKING FIVE MILES AT...4:15 IN THE MORNING, I SUGGEST YOU DRIVE, MY DEAR. MAKE IT SNAPPY TOO. I AIN'T MISSING THIS." She directed towards Derek before she said to me, "Okay, boo. I'll be there as quickly as I can. Don't you have that child without me."

"Oh, um, because I can totally hold it off until you get there. Mhm." I stated with sarcasm.

"Well...duh." She said in a duh tone.

"Oh my gosh, Trinity. Yeah, sure, and while I'm at it I'll get you a Starbucks coffee as I casually squeeze." I said, still laced with sarcasm.

"Oh would you?!" She exclaimed. I scoffed. "Fine. Just squeeze. Don't push. I'll be there as soon as I can."

And with that she hung up. I watched the red light as I panted from the pain rippling through me once again. I called Seren so all I'd have to do is call my parents, and Alex can call his mom.

Ring, Ring, RING!

No answer. I narrowed my eyes and called again, still no answer. I called yet again and finally there was a reply.

"Five more....minutes mommy..." I heard through a half-yawn. I rolled my eyes and replied.

"Um, Seren? I..." I stopped and screamed with pain for a few seconds.

"Wait...what's going on...? Is there a party I...wasn't invited to or something?" She questioned groggily and sleepily.

"NO! I'M HAVING A CHILD SOMETIME TODAY." I screeched through pain.

"Oh, that's nice...be careful...don't die, it's bad for your health...wait...WAIT WHAT?!" She screeched, now waking up.

"I'm going to have the baby today. And don't tell me to squeeze, 'cause Trin already did." I blew a sigh and panted hard.

"I--Ha, you gotta love Trin. Okay, I'll be there as fast as possible. DON'T HAVE THE KID WITHOUT ME OR I'LL KILL YOU." She stated, hmphing.

"So...I can't die, it's bad for my health, but you'll kill me..?" I questioned, rolling my eyes.

"Yup, that's right. Okay see you there." She said, I said goodbye and just before we hung up I heard, "BRYAN. DON'T. STEP. ON. THE. CAT!"

~-♥-~

"AAAAHHHHHHH I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!" I screamed at five in the morning to my husband. The pain kept seeping in.

"Oh, please, like you actually mean it." Trinity stated, rolling her eyes.

I glared, grabbed her by her shirt, and nodded. "Oh, yes I do. He did this to me. I hate him."

"Technically you both did this to you, sooo..." She replied.

I narrowed my eyes and spat out, "Don't you go there."

Her eyebrows raised and she nodded. "Alright, okay. I still want my godson, thank you."

I blew a sigh, let her go, and flew back into the highly uncomfortable bed. All it was, was pain. Nothing was happening yet. And boy was I not looking forwards to this. What the heck, okay, like why is it so hard to have a child? It shouldn't be this long, nor should it be this hard. Geez.

Suddenly the pain came back sooner than ever and I screamed as I jolted forwards. A nurse came over to investigate how things were going. She pursed her lips and shook her head, still not yet. But she called the doctor to come back anyways so he could see what should happen.

I screamed and said a few words I wouldn't be too proud of in a few hours, but ya know what? THIS FLIP FLOPPIN FREAKIN FLIP HURTS THANKS.

Trinity casually grabbed her phone and played Eye of the Tiger softly by me. Yup, that's something she'd do. Serenity hummed along to the music as she encouraged me...in her own way. Yup, that's something she'd do too.

Suddenly a sharp pain rushed through me and the nurse was no where in here. I screamed higher in pain as I gripped the side of the bed so tightly my knuckles turned white and I clutched my stomach.

Trinity, Alex, and Seren watched with worried faces. Alex softly slid a lock of my hair behind my ear as he put his large hand on mine. Usually I'd be awwing, but instead I was screaming and crying how much I hated him at the moment.

He stayed by my side though. He even replaced the bedside with his own hand as he rubbed the back of my hand gently with his thumb as he let me squeeze the life out of his hand.

The nurse didn't come back, nor did the doctor, and something was happening with the monitors. Trinity narrowed her eyes, shoved her phone in Seren's hands and sashayed out the door as she huffed, "Alright, where the frick are you, nurse? Why did you leave you..."

I didn't hear what else she said because she was walking away...and I was screaming. Seren frowned and put a cool washcloth on my forehead for a few seconds before she pulled it away. I swallowed hard and breathed heavily as I closed my eyes longer than a blink.

Derek and Bryan were in the waiting room either drinking coffee or passed out. Which, to be honest, I was really leaning towards passed out, but I was too concerned with the pain I was in at the moment. Plus, I doubt they wanna see this. Ha, they better watch out when Seren and Trin get pregnant. Oh good gosh...

Trinity, three nurses, and a doctor came rushing in, getting ready. Apparently I was ready now. No, no I'm not ready. Can I not do this? Um...

The two nurses grabbed my legs and pulled them apart as the doctor viewed what was going on. Alex kissed my forehead softly before the doctor indicated I had to push. Oh great.

I screamed as I leaned forwards and pushed harshly, gritting my teeth and getting hot in the face. I literally was so done about an hour ago, thanks.

I stopped pushing and panted, swallowing hard and gripping the bed to slightly prop myself up on the bed.

"Push! You've got to push, Mrs. Todd." The nurse called out, helping the doctor.

I screamed and pushed once again, the pain seeping through every inch of my body. I couldn't believe this. I totally didn't sign up for this, thank you.

"I...hate YOU ALEX TYLER TODD!" I screeched as I pushed once again.

"The head's coming. I can see it." The doctor informed just before urging me to push once again.

I pushed harder than ever and leaned back in the bed, extremely exhausted. I shook my head and cried out, "I can't do this. I...I can't...do this...!"

"Yes you can, Jocelynn Todd. If you don't do this, I will personally make you push. This child is coming whether you want him to or not, so push and get it over with." Trinity called out, playing Eye of the Tiger once again, only louder. I rolled my eyes and breathed in deeply before I pushed harder.

"Almost there, come on. Push again." The doctor urged.

"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?!" I screamed as I pushed.

He chuckled and nodded before I took another deep breath and pushed once again. the nurse watched closely with a blanket in hand, ready for when he came. I panted and laid back again and stared at the ceiling.

"Come on, baby. You can do this. Push again." Alex said softly before he pecked my lips and held my hand with both of his.

Seren and Trin both urged me on as the doctor continued to say the words, "push," which was getting quite old now.

"Okay, Mrs. Todd, one more push should do it." He stated, nodding. "Whenever you're ready."

I breathed heavily as I blinked rapidly and took a deep breath. I let it out as I pushed, putting everything I had into it, leaning forwards and getting more red in the face. I continued to push until I ran out of breath and fell back into the bed.

Suddenly a crying was heard and Trinity's eyes sparkled as she and Serenity grinned widely and squealed.

"It's a boy." The nurse indicated.

Trin and Seren jumped up and down, awing and giggling before the nurse held up a screaming, crying, fidgeting baby and brought him closer to me. I smiled, wiping away my tears and letting go of Alex's hand so I could take my baby.

My baby. My child.

Wow, I like the sound of that...

I smiled widely down at him as I took his little hand and held on softly as he continued to cry. I shushed him and smiled at him before the nurse took him again and took him to a little bassinet. She cleaned him up, out him in a diaper, then put him on a scale and weighed him and measured him.

"Alex Todd, come here please?" She called, looking at Alex. He walked over and she spoke up again, "Would you like to cut the umbilical cord?"

"Uh... S-sure." His voice erupted out in an unsure tone.

She chuckled, "It's fine. You won't hurt your son, dear."

I instantly smiled. Alex and I's son. Well, well.

He nodded and took the scissors and cut where she told him to. She put a little beanie on our son and put him in some pajamas before she wrapped him in a blanket.

She walked over and handed him to me and smiled, "What are you going to name your son?"

I smiled and looked at Alex before I replied, "Troy Jex Todd."

Trinity lost it, she screamed into Seren's shoulder as quietly as she could. And, obviously, she and Seren stood in for my parents since they didn't answer their phone. Of course, answer any other time, mom. Mhm.

Although, that'd be something I'd do...

"Alright. We're going to do a few tests on him in a few minutes, dear, so hold him for a little bit." She stated as she smiled and took a certificate and filled it out with Troy's name, date of birth, weight, and length.

I grinned down at my little Troy and kissed his head softly before I looked at Alex and spoke up, "You want to hold your son?"

A smile appeared on his face before he nodded and took him gently in his arms. He looked down and took one hand out from under Troy and held his blanket down a bit so he could see his face a bit more. I smiled at them as Seren and Trin hugged and squealed. Do they ever stop, or...?

I smiled as he kissed the top of Troy's head before he gave him back to me. I smirked over at Trin and Seren, asking the question I could see was glinting in their eyes and they were dying to have happen, "Want to hold him?"

"Uhm...DUH. Yes, I'd like to hold Troy Jex, please. Thanks. Mhm. You can have him next, Seren." Trinity stated, sashaying her way over there and grabbing him up, grinning and cooing to him.

"Why hello little Jex fetus. You sure are a cutie, aren't you? You know it, too."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. After a few more minutes, Serenity was holding him and grinning at the fact that he was holding onto her finger. Well, all this pain I guess was worth it.

A/N:

HEY UPDATE WHOOT..and sad to say, it's almost done. :( Only one or two more chapters left - either I'm going straight to the epilogue or else one chapter then epilogue. I hope you enjoyed that and I hope you will continue to enjoy TNL until the very last chapter. Sadly, everything must come to an end, so the end is near my lil carrots. *sniffle*

BUT HOW ADORABLE IS TROY JEX TODD EH?? LOOKIT THE SIDE c;<
AWwwwwwwwWWWWwwwwwwWWWWWWwwwwww

Okay, sentence to finish;
I want TNL to have ___ more chapter(s). (PLEASE ONLY SAY ONE OR TWO, NOT 290723498234723938248324934 MORE THANKS c:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 9.8K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...
231K 12.2K 41
"I can sense the smile." "I can feel the smile." "I can telepathically see the smile." "Shut up. I'm not smiling." "Then you're grinning?" "At the th...
290 8 13
It started with two strangers a text message & now being best friends; what could this mean ?♥️ Do you ever feel if a best friend... could be your lo...
3.2K 124 25
I stared deeply at Alexander and through the dim light I could see a tear trickle down his cheek. I scooted my chair closer to his and rested my head...