TENDING TO THE STORM

By winnychiamzy

Elizabeth Elliot has been through foster care for so long and 4 years ago,she was set free. Trying to piece h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
EXTRA CHAPTER
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER 19

BONUS CHAPTER

402 10 0
By winnychiamzy

The picture above  belongs to someone  you'll all be seeing very soon😉.

  Other than that.Enjoy!

And don't forget to like,comment down below what you thought of this chapter and follow me if you haven't already and you want to see more from me.😘

--------------------------------------------------

They walked into the moderately large building,filled with bustling people in suits and work attire,some with phones held to their ears,others just rushing off to their normal work activities.

There was a gruff looking large man waiting for them at the entrance, he rushed to Blake's side chatting away pleasantries as they made their way into the elevator.

  After a while of exchanging information and the man's unsettling curiosity, she was finally acknowledged.

"This is my personal assistant, Elizabeth Banks"
Blake introduced.

The man whose name was Marco,stretched out his hand for a handshake ,a smile wide on his lips.

"Its a pleasure to meet you miss Banks"

He slithered out.

Forcing down her initial shock,she smiled politely and returned the handshake.

He gripped her hand with strong fervor. She felt crawls all over her body from her hand upwards.

She quickly retracted her hand and turned back to her side beside Blake,who seemed to be growing impatient.

They exited the elevator and were ushered into a wide conference room.

There sat six elderly looking men,clad in suits and balding hair.

   They oozed pride and arrogance but they were no match for Blake as he walked to the head of the table,taking his seat,with Lizzy by his side.The men all sat up and stiffened at his dominance.

  The presentation began sometime after that.

  Lizzy tried her mightiest to ward off the looks from one of the men at the table.

Blake was doing the presentation with charts and demographic and she sat there taking notes but occasionally when she would glance round the room when they added an input, the hairs on the back of her neck would stand on edge when her eyes landed on the big man sitting adjacent her,his unwavering gaze and lustful expression made her uncomfortable.

His feet kept touching hers no matter how much farther hers went.It seemed like his legs went on forever but in reality there wasn't much room for her to move her legs to without drawing attention.

So she simply shifted her legs from side to side every time the man managed to catch up with her own trying her best not to squirm or shift in her sit.

             🌸  🌸  🌸  🌸

"Eyes on the road Blake" Lizzy stated without glancing at him.

He frowned in concern

"First tell me what's wrong?"
She said nothing.

"Lizzy,You've been awfully quiet since our meeting this morning"
He stated.

She said nothing,just glared ahead at the room,her lips pursed in deep thought.

He let out a few Spanish curse words.

"Just tell me what's wrong?" He said frustrated.

She turned then and gazed at him thoughtfully,her eyes searching his.

She didn't want to worry him about her suspicions for fear of it affecting his partnership deal.

But she couldn't hide nor shake away the thoughts in her head.

"One of 'your' business associates was giving me funny looks"
She told him.

His brows furrowed in confusion

"What kind of looks?"
He asked staring straight at the road.

"He looked at me funny that's all.I don't know how else to explain it" she slumped back against her seat.

Before he could ask her to explain more,she had her eyes closed and feigned sleep.

So he let her and took a curve on the road but not before he said the words

"This isn't over".

     The evening came so fast.
They had just returned from driving round the city of Alaska.

Lizzy let out a tired sigh as she plopped down on the porcelain white couch ,the shopping bags found its way to the floor.

They had gone souvenir shopping and restaurant hunting. As well as shopping for clothes hence the numerous shopping bags.The lobby guy still had a lot to unload from the suitcase trolley.

Blake had gone to a dinner meeting with one of the possible investors. So she had to come up alone.

" Thank you"she said as the last of the bags came in.
The man bowed and left happily with the generous tip that she gave him.

   She was getting ready for bed worried sick, because Blake was yet to come home.

She glanced at the bedside alarm for the umpteenth time,letting out a frustrated sigh.

He'd told her to go to bed early in case his meeting ran late but she couldn't help but worry.

The telltale beating of her heart every time he was near,the urge to pull closer to him every time he embraced her,his attention to details,his habit of unconsciously cursing in spanish,she loved everything about him.

She gasped.

She loved him.She really did.No matter how many times she analysed it in her head the conclusion was always the same .She loved him.

Still in shock,her ringing phone went unnoticed.

The next ringing brought her out of her dazed state.

The caller ID was unknown. She frowned in confusion.Who could be calling this late.

On the thought that it could be Blake calling from another phone because his battery had run out,she answered without much thought.

"Hello?" She said into the phone.

There was a pause on the other end of the line.She tried again.

"Hello?"

Just when she was about to put down the phone.She heard a softly drawn male voice.

"Miss Banks..."

She pulled the phone from her ear trying to place the phone number from anyone she knew or had met recently but no such luck.

"Yes,who is this please?" She inquired.Surprised but curious.

"Its Garret Hamilton from Hamilton Enterprises"

Realization dawned on her.

"I remember,Sir" she replied.

"Good.Because your boss is in need of some assistance to get back.You see,he had one too many drinks..."

Garret explained.

"Okay"

But Blake never drinks.Never!

There must be a first time for everything or he had just been pretending.

But the thought of Blake struggling to get back because he was drunk had her scrambling out of bed and asking

"Where is he?"she asked putting on her pants.

" I'll send the address to you"he said .

She hung up the phone and bolted out the door.

Twenty minutes later,she was in a cab heading to the location that Blake was.

They pulled unto the drive way of the place,she checked her phone again just to be sure that it was really the place.

She kept glancing at the derogatory surroundings.

  Drunk men coming in and out with women on their arms.

She kept moving.She wondered what Blake would be doing in a place like this much less for a business meeting.

But her thoughts didn't go deep into the mechanics of what rich people really got away with and didn't get away with.

Just as she approached the door that had the 512 sign on it,her cellphone rang.

The caller ID said 'annoying boss'
She smirked triumphantly. It was Blake probably drunk calling her to hurry up.She rolled her eyes and picked up the call.

  She had to tease him even if it was a little,she didn't know when she would get the chance.

"Blake.I.."

"Where the hell are you?!" He exclaimed.

"I thought I told you to stay in" he added annoyed to bits.

"Am already here at the hotel to pick you up" she answered and rolled her eyes at his drunken behaviour.

She rasped on the door.

"You're where?!" He asked in disbelief.

She heard rustling inside the room.

"You must still be drunk,I guess" she affirmed.

"Lizzy am at our suite.I just got back a few minutes ago"
He said bluntly.

"What?!" She croaked out.

"Mr Garret called me,he said you were drunk"she explained.

"Mr Garret and I parted ways just a few minutes ago."he reinforced.

Her heart skittered to a stop as the door opened revealing a half dressed man(the one who had been ogling her in the conference room later that day).

" Come in dear,he's just right through this doors"she gulped.

He peered the door open.

"You are not Mr.Garret...umh,I think i have the wrong room number.Let me go check" she spun to leave.

"Not so fast" he clutched her hand and held onto her with a death grip.

She struggled to get out of his grasp.He dragged her kicking and screaming.

"Get off me!" She screamed as he wrapped his hands round her waist and tried to pull her into the room.

She dropped her tote bag in the process along with her phone.

"Let me go!" She shrieked louder and kicked him in the balls when she tried to make a run for it but he broke her fall and pushed her in,locking the door after him.

Blake listened in on the whole exchanged,his whole body frozen in terror.

He grabbed his keys and was out the door with fear constricting his chest muscles.

"Please sir.Don't do this.I beg you" she said moving backwards.

"Why don't we start off by calling me Blaine.After all we are going to get very acquainted with each other"

He said with a wicked gleam in his eyes,smiling as he inched forwards until Lizzy was backed against a wall.

Just before she could run out,he pull her and she fell,hitting her head on the table shattering the glass table.

Just as he was about to pounce on her,she crawled out of his reach,picking up a shard of glass and pointed it at him as she inched back on her hands and butt.

                       *  *  *  *

"Hey,watch where you're going?!"
One of the drivers blasted his horn as Blake sped past them cutting them off.

He tuned them all out.The most important thing right now was Lizzy.

How could he have been so stupid?He should have inquired more when she told him her suspicion.

He should have been cautious enough to suspect.

He himself had noticed her discomfort during the meeting.She kept squirming in her sit.

   At first he thought it was just nerves being in a crowd filled with professional men.But thinking about it now,it was more than that.

He was going to kill whoever it was.He was going to make sure that they wished they were dead financially and in the business world.

   His only prayer was for him to get to Lizzy in time and in one piece...

                         *  *  *  *

"Don't come any closer or I'll hurt you." She raised the glass in her shaking hands,the edge biting into her skin drawing blood.

  He laughed hard clutching his torso.

"You?...hurt me?You know for a pretty little thing,you're quite brave.I'll give you that."
He chuckled.

"Blake will never forgive you"she added as her last resort.

She let out a shriek as he yanked her off the floor by her hair and the glass accidentally cut his cheek.

He reeled back and Lizzy gulped as his eyes widened in shock.

His jaws hardened.

He moved swiftly towards her.

" You bitch!"he slammed his fist into her face and she fell hard on the floor,her bruised arms coming in contact with the bits and pieces of glass lying on the floor.

She winced in pain,dizzy from the ringing in her ears.She limped as he picked her up by her hair again and hit her square in the stomach,kicking her as she kept spitting out blood.

  He kicked her repeatedly until she felt faint and weak and she slumped to the floor.

She couldn't stop him and he unzipped her coat and took it off.He gripped the wide neck sweater she had on until she heard it ripping.

She tried to struggle but her head felt like lead and her arms weak.

  He shrugged off her weak attempt at stopping him.

Just as he was about to rip her last shroud of covering-her tank top,the door burst open with a bang.

                   🌸  🌸   🌸   🌸
    Words couldn't describe what he felt seeing the love of his life lying there admist shards of glass,her forehead bleeding.

Her lips were stained with blood,she had cuts on her face and bruises on her cheeks and hands and the man lying on top of her smiling triumphantly.

He felt so enraged that he charged towards the wide eyed man and punched the living daylights out of him.

   He couldn't stop.It took one faint cry from Lizzy who was curled up on the floor clutching her stomach.

He left the half conscious man and pulled her hair off her face,searching for any other injuries.

"Are you okay?" He asked panting.

All he heard was a faint sound of pain.He turned back to glare at the unmoving man not giving a care if he was dead or alive.

   His attention returned back to the groaning Lizzy in his arms.He pulled out his cellphone and called for an ambulance.

--------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter was super long but I do it all for your entertainment.

Xoxo😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
2.9K 374 35
'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say. Never date a man with a fiancΓ©, they s...
15.7M 465K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...