The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
PSA๐Ÿ—ฃ๐Ÿ—ฃ
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert๐Ÿšจ
Announcement ๐Ÿšจ
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert๐Ÿšจ
Blood War๐Ÿฉธ

24

12.3K 284 48
By shawdss

Camila

"Can't believe this is really happening. The day came by so quick."

"You know if I didn't know better I'd think you're the one getting married." Kiara's bestie Kiana said to me.

"I know.. Kiara just isn't as excited as she should be"

"I wonder why." Kiana mumbled.

"This is a good thing Kiara I promise"

"Good for who?" Her bestfriend questioned and I chose to ignore her.

I continued with her makeup just in time for the hairstylist to walk into the room. Unfortunately she didn't want any of the rest of us in the room while she worked her magic so I decided to go get ready myself.

"You can't be serious."

"Good to see you too Camila."

"Who's getting married you or Kiara?" I sarcastiscally remarked.

"I don't know what plans she has but I'm taking my rightful place on the alter."

"Are you insane?Are you trying to piss off my brother?"

"Your brother simply needs to be reminded who is supposed to be in his future. It sure isn't that dirty American ."

"That dirty American is my friend."

"Does she also consider you a friend or is it a one sided friendship?"

"I'm her friend as well-

"Really ? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be friends with the sister of the man who kidnapped me. I'm sure she doesn't even trust you"

"Get.Out." I gritted. She smirked and exited the room.

Marcellous

"You have to be either really dumb or really insane to be here."

"Non farmi arrabbiare Marcel. Sono già di cattivo umore" ( Don't make me angry Marcel. I'm already in a bad mood)

"I can't imagine why." I Chuckled.

"Where is Dario ?"

"No place that should concern you. How did you even get in, I'm sure enough you're not on the guestlist"

"Oh please Marcel, did you really think you could keep me out of my own wedding?" She smirked.

"I deliranti sono sempre quelli carini"(the delusional ones are always the cute ones) I sighed

"Considering that's the first compliment I ever got from you, I will take it."

"You need to leave Milana. Now I could either drag you out or I could have the guards escort you out. The choice is yours."

"I am getting married I am not leaving to go anywhere until I am officially Mrs. Romano."

"Sei tu ora ?"
(Are you now?) Dario asked from the doorway.

"Brother please check on my bride to be and ensure that she doesn't have cold feet. I can't have a run away bride." He smirked.

"And this one?" I asked him referring to Milana.

"Me ne occuperò io stesso"
(I'll take care of it myself)

Kiara

I've been standing here for about ten minutes looking at the beautiful view ahead of me. Today I'm dressed to impress--no it was beyond. I am truly looking like a Queen. I almost didn't recognize myself when they were done dolling me up. I have never looked this attractive in all my life. Don't get me wrong I know I'm not ugly but I hardly ever wear makeup and for sure it won't ever look like this. Today is an exception. Today my makeup was done by a professional done to perfection. Today I truly fit the description of a Queen possibly even a goddess. If I could mesmarize myself I can only imagine the effect I will have on others once I step outside. I'll be a sight for sore eyes.

Today I feel beautiful. Today I feel important but today I don't feel like myself and that's the downfall. On this day, most women would be ecstatic. We look forward to this day. A day when we are the center of attention. A day when two words change our lives forever. A day we start a new chapter of our lives, as a wife. All the feelings of a bride is almost non existent to me right now, the strongest feelings I'm experiencing right now are uncertainty and nervousness. I am anxious as to what awaits me once I step out. What awaits me in the future as the wife of Dario Romano, the mafia leader of Italy.

Am I truly prepared for that? Will I even be able to live up to such a title. Surely, I was not born for this--for this lifestyle. How will I handle it? Am I truly capable of referring to Dario as my husband? The man who kidnapped and beat me? The man who forbid me from attending my mother's funeral? The man who took someone's life because of me? The man who is practically ruling my life right now? The devil himself.

There will be no escape from this. The moment I say those two words I will truly be all his. His to touch, his to hold, his to fucc, his to rule and the sad part about it is there will be no one to stand up to him-- to stand up for me. I will be all alone. So what if someone stood up for me anyway? It would cost them their life and me the repercussions. I am basically making a deal with the devil..putting my life in his hands forever or as I will hear soon till death do us part

I'm stuck between what I should do and what I could do. I should do what I am told and get married. Give Dario the right to claim me as his or I could try to escape. The consequences if I got caught would probably cost me my life. True Dario said there's a slight chance that he would kill his wife but there's two things I should keep in mind. One Dario's word is not something I should put my trust in and two I am not his wife yet.

If I was to do this how would I pull it off anyway. In this heavy dress and a house full of guards and mafia men. Then I would need to ensure I could escape with Kiana because there's no way I would leave my bestfriend behind especially knowing that Dario would kill her the moment I manage to step foot off the property. So many red flags, too many it's mission impossible all over again but worse.

"I can't do this." I sighed.

"bellissima"
(Gorgeus)

I spun around so quick at the sound of the voice. Relief washed over me once I noticed it was only Marcellous.

"Marcellous, let me guess Dario sent you to ensure I haven't tried escaping this nightmare yet?" I asked with my hand on my hip.

"He just wanted me to ensure his wife to be didn't have cold feet" He winked at me.

"I assure you cold feet doesn't cover it. I am about to marry the devil, this isn't something they teach you at school." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled like something was funny.

"My brother may not be your ideal man-

"Nothing about Dario Romano indicates any signs of a man not even that monstrosity of a di--" I cut myself off not wanting to speak on Dario dick infront of his brother. Poor thing already looked kinda awkward.

"Enough info but I was just going to say-

"All things you consider to be good about Dario because that's what you do. You speak highly of him. You guys are close and you respect him and like others to do the same I get it Marcel, believe me."

"It's not that Kiara, he truly is bad beyond it really I have no excuses for my brother's behavior and I apologize for what he has put you through." His words took me by surprise and he probably noticed.

"You did not deserve what he did to you." He added.

What do I even say that, thank you? How does one in my position even respond to that? The sincerity in his voice let me know he meant what he was saying. If only Dario was anything like his youngest brother. I could've honestly married Marcellous instead and felt better--not good just better.

"You are of pure heart, you're beautiful, feisty, a firecracker if you might. The way you challenge my brother probably pisses him off to no extent and pleases him all at once as strange as it sounds.. that's my brother for you." He added and I simply nodded.

"The ceremony should be starting soon so I should probably get going but keep in mind Kiara, this doesn't have to be all bad. Find the good in a bad situation and claim it. You will soon have power and wealth like no other. My brother may seem heartless now but I have a feeling he will at least learn to bend the rules for you--his wife in time. Just take it step by step. You will not get the perfect man ever but maybe you could get-- if not a good husband maybe a trying one but like I said that's in time
Might take years."

"I won't be married to Dario for years"

"It's either that or death and that much I know for a fact. Dario has no intention of letting you go, surely by now you've figured that much out."

Marcel was speaking the truth. By now everyone in the damn mansion could see that Dario would have me here for a while and I accepted that fact--I think. At least I try to. What could I do right now anyway? Nothing, absolutely nothing and deep down I knew that, I just had hope.

"One step at a time Kiara, just get through today for now. All you need to do is smile and say two words." He said with an assuring smile.

"I'll keep that in mind" I said trying to reflect his smile. Honestly, Marcel is really growing on me lately much more than his other two brothers for sure.

This is it. I am a few feet away from him inching closer as I walk down the long aisle. There are so many people here, way too many eyes on me. I feel like I'll have a panic attack anytime soon. I can't help but to be emotional just thinking of what I'm about to do. Through my blurred vision I look to my bestfriend beautifully dressed and trying her best to look calm. She sent me a soft smile and I sent one back just as tears slid down my face. I looked directly across her at Dario's best man as Marcellous stood in all his handsome glory.

Then, as I now stood across from the man I am about to claim as husband, I managed to drag my eyes to him. Dario is easily the most attractive man I have ever laid eyes on but because of the monster I now see him as I don't even remember it most times unless he dresses for special ocassions such as this or if he's underdressed. In this moment I was not seeing a monster. I was looking at a face that could've graced a magazine cover. A man who could've become a model, Mr.Unniverse even.

Dario

"How you got past the guards is not of my concern neither is why you decided to come, I just need you to leave."

"Oh please Dario, cut the bs. It's not like you're really going to marry that American."

"Milana, invitations were sent, the venue is elegantly decorated, a wedding is happening and you were not invited. What ridiculously had you under the impression that this isn't happening?"

"Have you forgotten the treaty Dario?" How could I. It's been drilled into me the moment it was decided that I would take over the mafia instead of Rafael.

The De Lucas have always been our biggest competition in Italy but the on-going feud started off at least a century before I was born. After all the blood shed over the years my father and Milana's father, the Leader of the De Lucas came to an agreement in order to form peace. Amongst the terms of that agreement, it was decided that the next leader of the Romano mafia would have to marry the daughter of Don De Luca. Milana has been like a leech on me from the moment it was decided that I would take Rafael's place as the mafia leader. To say that she is annoying would be putting it nicely. Still, she made for a good fucc when the opportunity presented itself. However, it would never be anything more than that. I had planned to delay the ridiculous marriage for as long as I possibly could because I simply never had any intensions of getting married. It made it worse that this decision was made on my behalf like I would ever agree to such a thing.

In the years that I have taken over the mafia, my father had been pressuring me to hurry up and marry the girl. I knew Milana was probably pestering her father about it and he in return passed it on to my father. It only infuriated me more the way they were all on my back for something I had no interests in.

To force my hand my father made a deal he had no right making on my behalf. As if our relationship wasn't problematic enough. This peace treaty seemed to hold significant importance because to him it secured our future. It would make things easier for us but I for one, was never into easy, take my wife for example.

When I saw Kiara truly I was attracted to the woman but it's only when I saw her the second time did I realize how beneficial it would be to me to claim her. Kiara holds more value than she could ever imagine. Her existence is the very thing that could be a weakness of mine to my enemies. Also, she is the one thing that can prevent the continued treaty. A peace treaty I couldn't really care any less about.

"Look, I think you and your father ate simply having a little fued or something right now which is fine but not when it's at my expense. Quit this nonsense and put an end to this ridiculous situation at once."

"I don't think I've given you the right to speak on my affairs with my father. Do me a favor and don't make that mistake another time.This wedding is happening and there isn't a thing you can do about it. I will take any repercussions that come with it after. For now, you should make leave my property expeditiously."

She didn't have time to utter a single word as I opened the door for my men. They swiftly grabbed hold of her with little to no force and escorted her out. Milana seemed to be in a state of shock of some sort because she did not put up the fight that I expected. In fact she barely spared me a glance and only closed her mouth when she approached me at the door. Nonetheless, I would not waste any time dwelling on it today or ever.
*
*
"mozzafiato"
(Breathtaking)

(⬆️Pretend this is Kiara obv)

The dress she chose was perfect. It fit her slim body like a glove. I don't know about makeup but the woman I hired did a great job for certain.

Kiara Dawnes my bride and soon to be wife looked absolutely ravishing. I could tell she was nervous and the tear which escaped her eyes was not one of joy probably fear and I understood it. I understood her whether she knew it or not.

She was afraid and she had every right to be. One wrong move and that would be her friend's head. Kiara was smarter than given credit so no matter how tempting the idea of running away maybe sounded to her she wouldn't dear put her friend's life at risk especially not when that is the only loved one she has left. With her mother gone Kiana is the only person left that she cares about and I will use that to my advantage for as long as I choose. She will learn to keep herself in line with me even if I need to go to extreme measures.

I may not be in love with this woman but surely marrying her is not a grave mistake. Kiara's beauty exceeds her. It's the first thing that caught my attention when I first met her. Something drew me to her, I still don't know what but I knew I had to have her in my possession. It was a bonus for me when she stumbled upon my men and luckily I got there in time to prevent her death. I know she dreads that night and regrets every move she made that lead her to me but the fact is I would've got her either way. I could've left the states that very night and come back eventually to claim what's mine.

"Dario Romano, prendi Miss Kiara Dawnes come tua moglie legittimamente sposata da avere e da tenere, in malattia e in salute.." The words I've been waiting for.
(Dario Romano, do you take Miss Kiara Dawnes as your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, in sickness and in health..)

"Finché morte non ci separi" I smirked.
(Till death do us part)

"E tu Miss Kiara Dawnes, prendi Dario Romano come tuo marito legittimamente sposato da avere e da tenere in malattia e in salute.."
(And you Miss Kiara Dawnes, take Dario Romano as your legitimately married husband to have and to keep in sick and healthy..)He addressed her.

She looked at me with teary eyes not uttering a word. One smirk from me had her speaking the two magical words.

"I do"

Kiara

"Just as beautiful as the first dress." Marcel complimented.

"Thank you I guess."

"Your friend is across the room, try to enjoy it before tour husband ask for you at his side." I nodded and walked over to Kiana.

"You look gorgeous." She gave a soft smile.

"There's no escaping him now. I'm officially tied to him, Kiana." I couldn't even stop the tears that rushed down my face.

"Oh Kiara, I'm so sorry." She hugged me tightly .

This was really happening, to me of all persons. What sins could I have possibly committed to deserve such a punishment. My life was no longer mine from the moment Dario claimed me to be his but now my fate is sealed. I got a reality check when those two heavy words left my mouth.

The life I once knew is no more. How could I possibly get it back. Even if I ever found my way out of Italy I would not be able to live like I used to. I would have no job, no mother, and I would forever have to look over my shoulders. I am Mrs.Romano, I can't think of anywhere I can go that Dario won't find me and even if he doesn't he would hurt Kiana for sure. My life is in shambles and all because I ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had I not what I seen that night I would never be in this predicament. In fact, had I not have served Dario in the diner he would have never laid eyes on me. Lord alone knows how I wish I could turn back the hands of time.

Please vote & excuse any errors

Soooo It's now Kiara Romano. She really got kidnapped then forced into a marriage with her kidnapper in a foreign country. That's crazzzyyy. I would cry blood cause ain't no way-

Oh & I added the part to try to explain the treaty haven't revised it. Hopefully I don't regret adding it and it causes no confusion Lol.

Hope you guys enjoyed the long ass chapter🖤

Btw I created an inkitt account where I'll be posting this story as well as new ones. The link is in my bio☺️

See y'all next chapter😙✌🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.4K 62
๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๏ฟฝ...
258K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
25.6K 813 51
Anastasia, has been through hell all her life from being being beaten and raped by her mafia husband she married at the age of 16 till the age of 23 ...
883K 16.5K 28
๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ...