Spunset: Spider-Man Male Read...

By EliTheTechnique

Get ready to be taken for... THE ULTIMATE SPIN! Y/N L/N is bitten by a radioactive spider when his family mov... More

Reader's Bio
Chapter 1 - Things Change
Chapter 2 - The Spider Bite
Chapter 3 - New Kid In Town Pt.1
Chapter 4 - New Kid In Town Pt. 2
Chapter 5 - New Powers, New Me
Chapter 6 - So You Think You Can Be A Wrestler?
Chapter 7 - Spider-Man The Wrestler
Chapter 8 - A Mysterious Night In Canterlot City
Chapter 9 - Welcome To CHS
Chapter 10 - Meeting The Squad
Chapter 11 - Choices And Consequences
Chapter 12 - The Dazzlings Stir Up Some Trouble
Chapter 13 - The Princess Returns
Chapter 14 - The Sleepover/New Suit, Same Old Y/N
Chapter 15 - A Friendship Long Lost
Chapter 16 - The Battle Of The Bands Begins
Chapter 17 - The Main Event
Chapter 18 - Absolution
Chapter 19 - Happiness Is The Smell Of A New Car
Chapter 20 - All's Fair In Love, Cupcakes, And...Gaming?
Chapter 21 - Prepping For The Friendship Games
Chapter 22 - The Shadowbolts Arrive
Chapter 23 - It's The Friendship Games!
Chapter 24 - The Epic Finale
Chapter 25 - After The Games...
Chapter 26 - I.S.A.A.C. The Spider-Bot
Chapter 27 - Silk And Spidey
Chapter 28 - Vultures And Dates Don't Mix
Chapter 29 - Welcome To Camp Everfree
Chapter 30 - Let The Good Times Roll
Chapter 31 - The Rainbooms Get Magical Powers
Chapter 33 - The Truth Of Gaea Everfree
Chapter 34 - The Battle For Camp Everfree
Chapter 35 - Who You Are Meant To Be
Chapter 36 - Pipelines, Protests, And Pessimists
Chapter 37 - Taco Tues-DAYYY!
Chapter 38 - A Blizzard In Summer?!
Chapter 39 - Movie Magic
Chapter 40 - Mirror Magic Pt. 1
Chapter 41 - Mirror Magic Pt. 2
Chapter 42 - Beach Dayz
Chapter 43 - Kraven's Not-So-Amazing Hunt
Chapter 44 - Sweet Dreams...
Chapter 45 - The Vulture Strikes
Chapter 46 - 12 Days 'Til Christmas
Chapter 47 - Chillin' With The CMCs
Chapter 48 - Operation: Help Santa Claus?!
Chapter 49 - A Holly, Jolly Christmas
Chapter 50 - Saturday Night Primetime
Chapter 51 - Dazzling Snow with A Chance Of Miles
Chapter 52 - Mr. Stultify/Sinister Schemes
Chapter 53 - Chinatown Chase & A Crazy Day
Chapter 54 - The Final Swing
Author's Note
2nd Author's Note/Blooper, Extra, and Alternate Scenes
Quick A/N *Must Read*: Spunset 2 News

Chapter 32 - Make The Magic A Part Of You

1.1K 8 38
By EliTheTechnique

Time Skip

The sunset was on the horizon while nearly everyone was working on making paper lanterns. You are with Sunset, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow, and Applejack at one table while Paul sat at a table with Flash, Sandalwood, and Micro Chips. Sci-Twi and Spike were by themselves on the opposite side. 

Pinkie is placing a lot of marshmallows on her paper lantern which Rarity notices while a marshmallow comes off.

Rarity: "Um, Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?"

Pinkie Pie: "Putting marshmallows on my lantern! Then when we light them, mine will be beautiful and delicious!" She explained.

Y/N: 'Even though her lantern probably won't fly, I'll let her have her moment.' You thought as you looked at Sci-Twi and Spike. 'Why would Sci-Twi rather be alone than with her friends?'

Sunset Shimmer: "I wish Twilight would sit with the rest of us." She whispered to you. "But she thinks Midnight Sparkle is trying to control her."

Y/N: "I know. I saw when she first used her telekinesis." You whispered back.

Sunset Shimmer: "You did?!" She exclaimed quietly.

Y/N: "I know, I shouldn't have peeked in the tent but, I thought I heard something and I just didn't want you to get hurt. I care about you Sunny, a lot."

Sunset Shimmer: "I know, that's why I love you." She kissed you on the cheek and smiled. "But I can protect myself, especially now that I might get powers."

Y/N: "I know. But if you ever come face-to-face with an evil magical creature or a supervillain, I'll always be there for you. No matter what."

While she nuzzled her cheek against yours, Spike looks over at you and your friends before turning back at Sci-Twi.

Spike: "Hey Twilight? Why aren't you with everyone else?"

Sci-Twi: "Sunset said that something at the camp is causing the Y/N and the girls to get new magical abilities and I think it's Midnight Sparkle. She's still apart of me. I can feel it and I think her magic is infecting my friends!"

Spike: "What are we going to do?"

Sci-Twi: "I don't know what I can do."

Gloriosa Daisy: "Okay everyone! It's time to watch your lantern fly!" She announced.

Everyone got up and walks over to the docks with Sci-Twi looking a bit down. Timber suddenly approaches her with his lantern in hand.

Timber Spruce: "Hey, cool lantern! Mine's my face." He said as he showed his lantern which he has drawn his face on.

Sci-Twi gave him a fake chuckle before she sighed and walks away sadly, but Timber quickly caught up to her.

Timber Spruce: "Uh, are you okay?"

She nodded but looked sad.

Timber Spruce: "You just don't seem like yourself lately."

Sci-Twi and Timber arrived on the docks where everyone is and Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna lights Sci-Twi's lantern which makes her smile.

Gloriosa Daisy: "Ready? And...go!" She tells everyone and they let go of their lanterns, causing them to float into the night sky.

Everyone watches their lanterns go up in wonder and joy. However, Pinkie lifts her lantern into the air but because her lantern is weighed down by the sheer amount of marshmallows, it failed to elevate in the air and it fell onto the dock.

Pinkie Pie: "Aw! Oh well! Now I get to eat it!" She said and grabbed some of the marshmallows off of her lantern and ate them. "Yep, beautiful and delicious!"

You smiled and gave Sunset a side-arm hug while admiring your (favorite color) gradient lantern float next to Sunset's lantern.

Later that night, nearly everyone was asleep in their tents. But in Sunset's tent, she heard a noise and woke up. She looked to see Sci-Twi wasn't in her bed.

Sunset Shimmer: "Sci-Twi?" She said in confusion. She got out of bed and looked out of a gap in the tent entrance and saw Sci-Twi and Spike running off. "Sci-Twi!"

Sunset quickly changed into her camp outfit and runs to your tent. You were on your phone watching an episode of (favorite show) you had downloaded in your bed. On the other hand, Flash was fast asleep. Sunset curiously goes up to you and sees your face illuminated by your phone. You snickered quietly at a funny moment when Sunset tapped you.

Sunset Shimmer: "Y/N! What are you watching?"

Y/N: "Wha? Sunset?! I'm watching (favorite show), but why are--"

Sunset Shimmer: "It's about Sci-Twi! She's running with Spike into the woods!"

Y/N: "Say less." You jumped out of bed and threw on your shoes. You grabbed your mask out of your backpack and pulled it on. "Get on my back. We'll catch her faster if you go piggyback."

She blushed in the dark and got onto your back and held on. Your super-strength helped you easily carry her as you run out of the tent. You super-jumped over a tent and swung into the woods.

As you were swinging, Sunset looked around for Sci-Twi.

Y/N: "Where could she be going?"

Sunset Shimmer: "I think when most of us gained powers, she thought Midnight Sparkle was responsible. She might be running away!"

Y/N: "Well no one can escape the Amazing Spider-Man!" You declared as you spotted Sci-Twi and Spike on the trail. "Found them! I'm going to make a web for you to land on so, brace yourself!"

Sunset Shimmer: "WHAAAT?! Y/N!!!"

Y/N: "See ya in a  bit!" You flipped which made Sunset fly off your back.

Sunset Shimmer: "AAAHHH!!!" With your enhanced speed, you jumped on the side of a tree, made a web that caught Sunset, and shot webs at Sci-Twi and Spike's feet which trapped them. They yelped as Sunset bounced off the web and landed on her feet in front of them.

Y/N: "Aha! Did you think you could escape the Amazing Spider-Man?!"

Sunset Shimmer: "Y/N, that was...awesome! It was just like a video game! But real!"

Y/N: "Really? I thought you were going to be mad. Like really, really mad."You took off your mask and put it in your pocket.

Sunset Shimmer: "What are you doing out here?"

Sci-Twi: "We're...we're meeting a cab to take us home."

Y/N: "This late at night? What is this, Nocturnal Uber?" You asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sci-Twi: "Yeah..."

Spike: "She thought you'd talk her out of it."

Y/N: "Because that's what any logical person would do!" You told Spike.

Sunset Shimmer: "And because I would!" She added. "Twilight, you can't just leave."

Y/N: "Exactly. Do you even know what could out here at night? All it takes is one crazy Paul Bunyan-looking dude with an ax or a random forest fire and you could have been hurt!"

Sunset placed a hand on Sci-Twi's arms and just then, her eyes turned pure white and she could see her thoughts and memories.

(In Sci-Twi's mind...)

Sunset suddenly could see Sci-Twi's memories vividly, starting with after the incident at the docks.

Pinkie Pie: "You don't think it was the spirit do you?"

Y/N: "Definitely wasn't me..." You mumbled.

Trixie shook her head while Sci-Twi looked down sadly.

Sci-Twi (to herself): "No, it was me."

Then the next memory Sunset saw is from when everyone was working on the paper lanterns and Sci-Twi was talking to Spike.

Sci-Twi: "Sunset said that something at the camp is causing Y/N and the girls to get new magical abilities and I think it's Midnight Sparkle. She's still apart of me. I can feel it and I think her magic is infecting my friends."

(Back in Reality)

You waved your hand in front of Sunset and got anxious.

Y/N: "Sunny? Sunset?!"

She moved her hand away from Sci-Twi's arm and regained the pupils in her eyes.

Y/N: "Sunset!" You hugged her and exhaled in relief. She smiled before putting a comforting hand on Sci-Twi's shoulder.

Sunset Shimmer: "Sci-Twi, there is no Midnight Sparkle. There's only you." She assured Sci-Twi who looked surprised.

Sci-Twi: "How did you know what I was thinking?"

Sunset Shimmer: "When I touched your arm, I could see things. I could understand why you were leaving."

Y/N: "You could?! That's means--"

Sunset Shimmer: "My magic. This is my new magic! It allows me to see the memories and thoughts of others! This is incredible!"

Y/N: "Yes! With you getting magic, now everyone can be like superheroes!"

Sci-Twi: "No it's not! I'm infecting you!"

Sunset Shimmer & Y/N: "Twilight, you have to stop looking at this as a bad thing."

Sci-Twi: "Easy for you two to say. You can control your magic F/N and magic turned you into something beautiful Sunset. The last time I used it, it turned me into a monster. I'm just so afraid it's going to happen again."

F/N: "Sci-Twi, I nearly killed Midnight Sparkle when she mentioned Uncle Ben. Heck, even Paul turned into a Drowsing Demon! You're not the only person who has to deal with an...unpleasant past."

Sunset Shimmer: "Yes, last time I turned into something amazing but I let magic turn me into a monster too. So if anyone understands what you're going through, it's me."

Y/N: "We can help you Twilight and the rest of our friends can too, but only if you stop running away from your problems and take them head-on! Hiya!" You kicked a large rock and decimated it.

She tells Sci-Twi who then sighs.

Sci-Twi: "I'll stay but I still don't think it's a good idea for me to be near the rest of our friends right. Not until we know why this is happening."

Sunset Shimmer: "Fair enough."

Y/N: "Fine."

Then you all hear rustling in the woods and you stood in front of your friends and reached for your mask in case if anything was about to attack you.

Y/N: "Who's there?"

Just then, you see the sharp blade of an ax emerge from the forest. The girls screamed while you aimed your fingers to shot webs but it's revealed to be Timber who screamed when the girls did before he quickly stopped.

Y/N: "Again?! I'm telling you, man, you and Gloriosa love scaring people! It's getting ridiculous at this point."

Timber Spruce: "Wait, Twilight?"

Sci-Twi: "Timber? I'm so glad it's just you." She said with a sigh of relief. "Wait? What are you doing out here?" She asked.

Y/N: "And with an ax?"

Timber Spruce: "I...was...chopping down firewood." He said as he showed a cart filled with firewood behind him.

Sunset Shimmer: "In the middle of the night?"

Timber Spruce: "We needed more for tomorrow night's campfire and if I didn't take of it tonight, it would be one more thing Gloriosa would add to her list." He explained. "I've got this!" He imitated Gloriosa's catchphrase at the end which made Twilight chuckle.

Timber Spruce: "So what about you three? Why are you hanging out in the woods in the middle of the night?"

Sunset Shimmer: "Oh I was just sleepwalking. Y/N and Sci-Twi found me and were bringing me back to camp." She excused.

Timber Spruce: "Come on. I'll walk you guys back. I'll protect you all from...Gaea Everfree. Everfreeee...Everfreeeee!" He said with a spooky voice at the end.

Sunset Shimmer: "Come on. That's obviously just a spooky story you made up to tell around the campfire."

Timber Spruce: "Oh no. It's legit. How else would you explain what happened at the docks? And that weird thing where the earth shook? Come on, I know a shortcut back to the tent." He offers Sci-Twi his hand and smiles.

Sci-Twi happily takes Timber's hand and walks with him ahead of you. You, Spike, and Sunset about to follow them when suddenly, you three saw some gem dust fall out of the pockets of Timber's shorts.

Sunset Shimmer: "Legit huh? I think we just found our Gaea Everfree."

Spike: "But why would he work so hard to make us think 'she' was real?"

Y/N: "I don't know. Maybe he doesn't like it here at Camp Everfree so he wants to sell the camp so he doesn't have to live here anymore." You said. 'I mean, bad internet, no CHS, no mall, no skyscrapers to swing off of. Well, those would be my problems.' You thought.

Sunset Shimmer: "Nobody would want to come here with it's home to some angry evil, ancient nature spirit. It would definitely help his cause."

Spike: "We should tell Twilight." He runs for a couple of feet before you stop him.

Y/N: "I don't think we should."

Sunset Shimmer: "She's obviously going through a lot right now. We should be 100 percent before we tell her the guy she likes is a jerk who's trying to run everybody outta' camp."

Y/N & Spike: "Uh-huh." You agreed.

The next morning, you were helping Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy finish building the dock. Rainbow Dash is walking across the docks with some planks in her arms while taking very careful steps so she doesn't activate her super-speed. She let out a sigh of relief before looking at Rarity who is sitting down on a chair and working on some clothing.

Rainbow Dash: "Uh, you gonna give us a hand here Rarity?"

Rarity: "Oh I'd love to but I really need to get the stitching on this poncho done if it's going o make it into the camp fashion show. Though at the pace you and Applejack are moving, I don't know that the runway will ever be finished."

Applejack: "The 'dock' is our gift to the camp and it's gonna get finished. That is if Rainbow Dash would hurry up and bring me more wood."

Rainbow Dash: "I can't go any faster! I don't want to end up in the woods."

Applejack: "Don't be silly." She tells Rainbow Dash who drops the planks she was carrying.

Rainbow Dash: "Really?" She said as she does a hammer motion with her right hand. Applejack sees that she has been hammering nails slowly which makes her sigh.

Applejack: "I know we said we should try to forgot all about the new magic business but I can't. What if I hammer the board into splinters?" She said and the girls nodded in agreement. 

Y/N: "Don't worry about it AJ, I struggled dealing with my super-strength at first too. I shattered like three cups, destroyed my alarm clock twice, bent one of my dad's golf clubs like a straw, and broke a stop sign when I leaned on it."

Applejack: "Wow Y/N, I never knew you'd had that much trouble controllin' yer powers."

Y/N: "Just stay calm and you should be fine, AJ."

Applejack: "Thanks, Sugarcube. Aw, shoot! I'm all out of nails."

Pinkie Pie: "Oh, here you go!" She said as she grabbed a box of nails and tossed them into the air.

Y/N, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack & Rarity: "PINKIE, NO!" You screamed as you believed the box of nails Pinkie tossed would explode like the sprinkles she tossed the other day.

Applejack jumped down to avoid the box of nails which flies towards Rarity who reacts by creating another magical diamond shield that pushes both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to the ground.

Almost in slow-motion, you jumped into the air and shot webs at the box until it thudded on the deck in a softball-sized web-ball.

Y/N: "Whew!" You wiped your eyebrows as everyone sighed in relief before glaring at Pinkie. "Unbelievable."

Pinkie Pie: "What? Ohhh, did you think the nails would explode like the sprinkles? Wow! Glad that didn't happen, huh?"

Rarity: "Sorry girls. I didn't mean to." She apologized to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and helped them back up. "I don't know how to control this."

Rainbow Dash: "It's okay."

Fluttershy: "Oh, none of us do."

Then Sunset appears and approaches you and your friends.

Sunset Shimmer: "Which is why we shouldn't pretend this isn't happening."

Y/N: "Yeah! Together, we took down two demons and a trio of sirens. We can do anything we put our minds to!"

Rainbow Dash: "Do you have magical powers too, Sunset?"

Sunset Shimmer: "It started last night. When I touch people, it's like I can feel what they're feeling and see their memories." She explained.

Pinkie Pie: "Oooh, fancy! Try me, try me!" She said as she grabbed Sunset's hand and place it on her forehead. Sunset's eyes turned pure white and she could see Pinkie's thoughts.

(Inside Pinkie's...eventful mind)

However, Sunset was not, and would probably never be, ready for what she was about to see.

Sunset saw some kind of bizarre, candy-themed world. (Wreck-It-Ralph candy world, PBS Kids, Candyland...bro I don't know how to describe this! This is just the way it is people...accept it.)

Pinkie was merrily walking down the road until she grabbed some taffy off of a taffy creature.

Pinkie Pie: "La-la-la-la. Ooh! Taffy!" She said and took a bite.

(Back in the Reality)

Sunset's eyes turn back to their natural form as she had an indefinable look on her face while Pinkie just smiled.

Sunset Shimmer: "That explains so much."

Pinkie Pie: "Yep!"

Y/N: 'Must have been some freakish candy world or something.' You thought. 'But it's Pinkie Pie, what else could I really expect?" 

Sunset walked past you to the end of the deck and turned around to address the group.

Sunset Shimmer: "Guys we can't just brush these powers aside because it doesn't seem like the ideal time to get them. What if it turns out that they could actually make things better?"

Y/N: "Exactly! Just look at how I turned out. I got spider powers when I was moving to a new city, going to a new school, and before I could even make new friends. But now, I'm a symbol of hope for my city."

Sunset Shimmer then turned around and began to sing.

Play song

Stop at 2:30

Everyone admired the finished docks.

Rainbow Dash: "Okay, that was pretty awesome!"

Sunset Shimmer: "And look what you manage to accomplish!"

Rarity: "Please, please, please can we do a run-through for the fashion show on it right this minute?"

Applejack: "Thought ya weren't finished with the stitchin' on your poncho." She points out to Rarity who then grabs the poncho she was working on and makes one last stitch on it.

Rarity: "I am now."

Sunset Shimmer: "Get started without me. I've gotta go find Twilight. Seeing what we've been able to do here might help her embrace the magic! Not that she has any..."

Y/N: "But Sunny, I need--"

She kissed you on the cheek and jogged back onto the ground.

Y/N: "Never mind."

Nearby the camp's boathouse, Flash is walking by when he overheard a conversation going on between Timber and Gloriosa inside. He sees Sunset eavesdropping behind the door.

Gloriosa Daisy (from inside): "I just wish you didn't tell them that ridiculous story!"

Flash: 'What is going on?' He thought.

Timber Spruce (from inside): "This is all too much for you! You have to let it go!"

Sunset Shimmer: "...he wants to get rid of the camp!" He heard Sunset say to herself.

Flash Sentry: "What is Sunset talking about?" He thought when Sunset's face gets slammed by the door when Gloriosa stormed out with Timber following suit then Sunset jumps and accidentally bumps into him.

Flash Sentry: "Sunset? What were you doing behind that door?"

Sunset Shimmer: "What? Um, nothing! I, um, lost my earring." She excused. Sunset picked up a small rock out of Flash's sight. "Found it!"She turns around and pretends to put it in her pocket.

Flash Sentry: "Hey listen. I'm glad I ran into you. I really wanted to thank you."

Sunset Shimmer: "For what?" She asked.

Flash Sentry: "For the tough love. Telling me that I should get over Twilight. I needed to hear that."

Sunset Shimmer: "Sure, no problem." She said as Flash noticed she had a look of worry on her face.

Flash Sentry: "Is something wrong?"

Sunset Shimmer: "No. Why?"

Flash Sentry: "Come on Sunset, we used to date and I know when something is bothering you." He said which made Sunset sigh.

Sunset Shimmer: "Okay, here's the deal. My friend really likes someone but I don't think that person is who she thinks they are. I don't want to upset my friend by telling her what I think because I also want to protect her because if what I think is happening is really happening then she deserves to know. You know?" She said to Flash.

Flash scratched the back of his head before replying.

Flash Sentry: "I don't know, but what I do know is that your friend is lucky to have someone like you to look out for them."

Sunset Shimmer: "Really?"

Flash Sentry: "Yeah! You know, you've changed a lot since we what else you're so much...nicer." 

Sunset Shimmer: "Thanks. I'm glad you noticed."

Flash Sentry: "Uh look, maybe you..." Sunset goes wide-eyes for a second when she notices Timber hop over a bush into the forest and sees you look around before going after him. "...me could start over as friends?" 

Sunset Shimmer: "Uh, sounds great I gotta go." She says before jogging after you and Timber. 

Flash Sentry: "Cool! Yeah, I want to start over later too!" He calls out before sighing and kicking a rock. "Huh..." He facepalmed when Derpy walked up to him with her cross-eyed look and patted his shoulder to comfort him.

(End Of The Chapter)

Author's Note: What lies to store for you, Timber, and Sunset in the woods? Is Gaea Everfree real and if so, will you be able to face her?! Find out in the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 2.8K 20
Amethyst discovers that in his spare time, Steven likes to visit (Y/n), Beach City's most well known shut- in resident. Though (Y/n) is aware of Stev...
29.8K 647 30
Childhood friends and pokemon rivals. What's the worse that could happen? Pokemon and all characters are owned by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo. A...
2.8K 79 12
This story is a huge inspiration of a MLP story called: "My Little Dashie" by ROBCakeran53 on a FIM (Friendship is Magic) Fanfiction website. This is...
62.9K 669 14
You have been friends with star butterfly and marco Diaz for over a year now marco has been dating Jackie but you feel really close to star will star...