wrong one//g.d

By vi-writes

"i couldnt've forced myself to love you, gray-" "well im forcing myself to love you now, aren't i?" ~ y/n, be... More

author's note :)
a e s t h e t i c s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w en t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e
f or t y - s i x
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f i f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y
s i x t y - o n e
s i x t y - t w o
s i x t y - t h r e e
s i x t y - f o u r
s i x t y - f i v e
s i x t y - s i x
e p i l o g u e
author's note :')
a/n - july 2021

f o r t y - s e v e n

1.6K 34 43
By vi-writes

[this chapter takes place like i dont know a few months later :) like i'd say this is like july/early august xx yes, you're about to hate me hehe]

(y/n pov)

"Yeah," he grumbled. "Where's my tie?"

"How would I know?" He groaned as you shuffled around, pulling your dress over the small bump you had showing.

"Do I look okay?" you asked, a little quiet. He found his tie and began to head to the mirror next to you to do it up. "Gray?" you asked again.

"What?"

"Do I look okay?" He looked at you in the mirror.

"You look fine?" You sighed as you tugged at the sides of your dress.

"I feel like-- like I gained weight or something," you mumbled, poking at your body.

"You look fine."

"It fit fine last week," you mumbled. He turned to you. "I think I'll just wear my other one--"

"I don't have a tie to match that one," he said as you pulled it off your hanger. You looked at him. "Really, y/n?"

"I feel like crap in this one, Grayson." He groaned, shaking his head. You rolled your eyes, changing into the other dress you had as he switched to a black tie.

He sat at the sitting space he'd made in the middle, messing with his phone. "Okay-- is this okay?"

"Yeah-- looks good." You sighed, not believing him. You stared at yourself in the mirror as he slipped his phone away.

"I don't--"

"Y/N, we're going to be late."

You followed him out as you messed with your hair, reaching for your purse before you headed to the door. He held it open for you once you'd slipped your shoes on.

The venue wasn't that far off. You made it there with minimal talking. You spent the ride texting the bride of the day, calming her nerves the best you could.

"Is she good?" Gray asked, hands all over the wheel as he took a left turn.

"She's nervous," you replied. He hummed and you sighed.

You couldn't really pinpoint exactly when things had gone rocky between you and Gray. It had happened so gradually, you'd woken up one morning realizing it'd been days since you'd last hugged him.

You figured it was because of your brief 'honeymoon phase', after discovering you were pregnant. But it was longing on for too long to just be  that

You fought constantly, went hours without talking, and just seemed to be getting on each other's nerves. The moments you made up, it felt as if everything was happening for such a stupid reason, and you'd never fight again, right?

Nope.

And you knew it wasn't good for the baby-- of course, it wasn't. But you didn't think you could do much about it. You never wanted to anger Grayson-- everyone knew his anger was like a ticking time bomb. And though he'd never hurt you, it did scare you to see him red-faced and screaming.

"Hey!" you said with a smile, going over to hug your best friend's fiancé. He chuckled as Gray congratulated him.

"Thanks for coming, man," he said. You nodded and spoke briefly with him. "Well-- Delilah's in the second changing room, I heard-- if you wanna go see her?" You nodded and thanked him.

"I'll go sit," Gray mumbled, pulling out his phone. You hummed and left him to find seats as you headed carefully up the stairs.

"Look at you," you whispered, closing the door behind you. Delilah turned in her seat and grinned.

"Y/N!" You laughed gently as she held her arms up. You leaned down the hug her. "You look cute."

"Me?" you laughed. "You're the bride!" She laughed as you sat next to her. "Where's the makeup artist?" She pointed to the bathroom.

"Is Gray here?" you nodded and she sighed, leaning back into her chair. "Did you see my husband-to-be?"

"He looks very excited." She shut her eyes tight and smiled wide. "You look excited."

"I can't wait to marry him," she whispered. You smiled. The makeup lady returned, as did the hairstylist. "You can go sit with Gray if you want," she said.

You smiled and gave her a small hug. "It'll all be okay-- nothing to be nervous about." She nodded and you left the room, heading down the stairs carefully.

You found Gray sitting in seats by the middle and you joined him, crossing one leg over the other as you pulled your phone from your purse. "She okay?" he asked, not looking up from his phone.

"Mhm."

You were glad her wedding was set low in the evening. You'd be heading to the reception hall right after, getting them both over with in a few hours.

The wedding was lovely, of course. They'd spent almost a year planning it. And they'd been together for so long, they were just meant to be.

They were so in love.

You could feel Gray tense up a few times next to you. But you knew he was thinking about the same thing you were.

Your own wedding.

Theirs was going so smoothly, so well planned. It was so romantic it brought you to tears. Your wedding?

Your wedding had been arranged, planned in less than half the time, and overall just one big mistake.

And you knew Grayson's thinking the same, especially when they say their vows. Theirs were so thought out, so personal.

Grays had been so thought out, so personal. Maybe not as romantic but he tried-- he really did. You? You'd googled it and messed with words. So to hear their's sound so perfect-- it definitely didn't feel very good on the inside.

When ut was all over, the married couple officially married, you stood, a hand on your stomach as you sighed, shaking your head. He stood too, a hand running through and pushing back his hair. "Do we have to go to the reception?" he asked in a whisper. You stared.

"What do you mean have to?" He sighed. "Yes, Grayson, we're going," you hissed. He sighed and you turned to see Delilah make her way over.

"Hey!"

"Congratulations!" you cooed. She wrapped her arms around you and you squeezed before pulling away.

"Congrats," Gray said with a smile, giving her a hug as well.

"Are you guys gonna head over to the reception hall?" Delilah asked. You nodded. "I sent you the ad--"

"We've got it," you reassured. She smiled. "Go join your husband," you said with a smile.

"Is it far?" He shrugged as you walked out together, side by side.

"I don't know, we'll see." You sighed and nodded and he opened the door for you, hands in his pockets as he dug for his keys. He began to drive once he'd pulled out of the parking lot. "How was your appointment yesterday?"

"It was okay," you sighed. "A little underweight."

"The baby?" You nodded with a little shrug. "Do you eat?" You rolled your eyes a little, head against your window as you looked out.

"Of course I eat," you mumbled. He let out a sigh and you hated that he sounded a little bit frustrated. "Why didn't you show up?"

"Got caught up at work." You didn't even reply. "Sorry."

"It's okay," you whispered. 

---

You smiled as Delilah grinned at you over her husband's shoulder, her chin against it as they had their first dance as a married couple. "What?" you mouthed. She smiled, squeezing her eyes shut.

It filled your heart to see her so happy.

"Dance," you mouthed. The song they'd been dancing to was coming to an end as other couples began to dance too.

"You dance," she mouthed, tilting her head to Grayson as she headed away. You looked over at him, still staring at his phone. You let out a sigh. 

"Gray," you whispered. He didn't raise his head. "Grayson?"

"What?" It took him a couple of seconds after he spoke to raise his eyes to look at you. "Hm?"

"Should we--" you paused, tilting your head towards everyone else. He looked over at them before letting out a soft sigh, standing.

He slipped his phone into his pocket and you took his hand as you walked. You stood before each other as his he rested his hands against your waist, yours at his shoulders and neck.

You kept your eyes away from him as you rocked gently, your eyes trained on his collar and then his tie until he broke the silence. "Are you okay?"

You looked up at him, smiling the slightest as his earring hit your forehead. You nodded. "Just a little nauseous." 

"First trimester's almost over," he whispered. You nodded. "It goes away after?"

"I hope so." He lifted a hand to push back his hair and when he returned it to you, he pulled you closer. He let out a sigh that you felt against your neck.

"You look nice." You shrugged. "You do--"

"The other dress was prettier." He didn't say anything for a moment.

"I'm sorry I was such a dick earlier." You sighed. "You don't look like you've gained weight."

"I don't know." He pulled you into a hug snd you sighed, wanting to cry.

Hormones.

"You look pretty," he whispered as you pulled away. "Carryin' my baby and shit." You let out a little laugh as you headed back to your table.

"Thank y--" His phone rang in his pocket as he helped you get seated. You watched as he checked to see who it was.

"E-- work," he mumbled, answering. "I'll be back-- hey, man--"

You sighed and watched him leave the venue, heading out into the hall to speak on the phone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 3.1K 38
We were Just friends Who spoke like lovers And that seemed to be enough for Two teenagers who were scared to love one another. k.a.t Highest Ranking...
3.3K 101 28
(Completed) It all starts with an accident. She wasn't perfect. He didn't care. They were unbreakable. Nothing could come between them or..... Can it...
241K 2.6K 100
cute, short stories including grayson & ethan dolan