UNVEIL | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 2)

ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNRAVEL) UNRAVEL book 2: Follow the events of Aine Estoileon's second year at Hogwarts... Еще

[ 01 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]

[ 02 ]

67 4 2
ixfixite_

A couple of days later, Aine was in her kitchen on her father's behalf cooking up some new batch of potions while Elliot was out delivering his goods. She gazes into the liquid in the cauldron where her eyes reflected back with heavy bags under it. Ever since that day, she has been getting lesser sleep in fear that she'll see her nightmares again.

Although she was given some sleepless potion, she still had trouble falling asleep. The thought of closing her eyes and giving in to her sleep made her anxious, and very troubled.  Aine sighs, growing drowsy as she stirs the pearly potion. She paused and stepped to the counter where she drowns herself in chopping up the remaining ingredients.

There were about another 3 weeks before Aine heads back to Hogwarts for her second year. Despite the short summer holiday, she couldn't wait to head back and dives back into studying, only then will she be completely tired and able to sleep, her worries shifting to grades instead of her mysterious nightmares. It was a love-hate relationship with studies, Aine never liked studying, maybe more practical studying. She hated memorising the histories and long passages of paragraphs talking about which wizard was powerful then and what they do. 

However, the fact of looking at potion recipes and their history was another exception. Perhaps it was because she loved the topic so much, or the fact that it was her dream to be a Potioneer, like her father. She could read books like that for hours without feeling tired, Aine chuckles at herself at the thought. Hypocrite

"What's so funny?" someone asks and Aine shakes her head, letting out another scoff, not seemingly aware of her surroundings, nor the fact that her house door was wide open. She was only thinking about her thoughts and why her house suddenly felt a little chilly. She turned to look at the clock, watching the handles turned to two-thirty-seven. Her father was late, he had gone out before twelve just now and should be back around two o'clock. Maybe he had some trouble with his patient, but whatever it is, Aine thought, she should finish this potion before he gets back to take it to his other client. It was a busy time of the year, there were lots of orders for their potion.

Some of them even wanted the weirdest potions like one that causes hysterical laughter, cleaning potions, beautification potions and even a confusing concoction. Aine always wondered what those who had ordered these potions do, and how did they come to know this potion? She giggled as she remembers all the funny incidents, it seemed to cheer her a little. Whenever Aine felt worse, she always manages to cheer herself up, although it didn't always work all the time. Whenever it did, she felt amazing again, another odd skill she had.

The girl peered into the cauldron and dropped several drops of Bulbadox juice into the mixture and mixed them before lowering the flame to boil for another 5 minutes and she was finally done. She cleaned her hands on her apron and turned, she almost screamed, flinching at the sudden sight of the figure who smirked. She clutches onto her fabric where her heart was and heaved a breath of relief out, "You scared me!" 

"Well, didn't mean to." he shrugs and Aine shot him a glare, turning to the sink, "How long have you been here?"

"Quite some time." 

"And you didn't say anything?" she whirls her head to the figure, "I did, you just didn't hear me."

"You could have said something again," she mumbles, scrubbing the glass cups that used to held the ingredients earlier. 

"You seemed busy." he sniggered and Aine rolls her eyes, "You seemed very free.

"That's cause I am." 

Aine flicked her arms to get rid of the remaining water on her hands before drying them on a nearby rag, she removed her apron and made some tea, her pupils eyeing at the person as he looks around the house before settling at the dining table. "What's that? Spoilt juice?" 

"It's poison" Aine replies sarcastically, and he gazes down into the drink, holding the cup, "I only drink from a wine glass."

"Well, drink it or get out." She says sweetly, and he grins, staring into the tea before taking a small sip. He raised his brows, slightly surprised at the taste of it. "It's good."

"That's cause I made it." 

He places down the cup and stands, moving towards Aine. "You've grown like-- what? A few inches? But you still are the sarcastic, silly little girl. Oh! And with those bags under your eyes!" he says.

She ignores his last sentence, "And you're taller now, but your gittiness doesn't seem to change, Malfoy," Aine replies, and he laughs. Draco Malfoy stood in front of her, his soft blonde hair seemed longer and he was definitely taller than before. She hadn't seen the boy after their return to King's Cross Station and he seemed to have a growth spurt, his grey pupils gazing into hers. He was so much taller than before, and Aine couldn't imagine how her other older friends -- Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred & George were, she could bet they had grown too. Well, she, herself had grown a few inches but she was still shorter than Draco who stood looking very smug.

He reached for his drink and took a sip, eyes never stranding away from Aine's. "So what are you doing here?" she questions, turning away and taking a seat in front of his empty chair. He went back down and eyes at the cauldron Aine was using to brew earlier, "My parents were visiting someone around the area--" he pauses, and takes another loud sip, "and I thought why not come and visit your little cottage house?" 

"Well, I never thought you'll like to come to places like these?" Aine says, pouring her own glass of tea. Draco raises his hand and runs it through his blonde locks, gazing around the house, "Just like to know how you people live in such a small house like this. It's really fascinating, to be honest with you." 

"If you're here to judge and insult my home, get out." 

Draco looks at Aine in amusement, He was fairly interested and how anyone could live in such a small house, it was had 3 stories and one floor seemed like his home's dining room. However, it was really neat, almost like there was a house-elf working in here. But he recalled the Estoileons never liked having elves in their house doing the chores other than themselves. 

"So where's your father?" he asks and she fiddles with the cup's handle, "He's out."

"Hmm." 

"Well, you should go before he comes back", Aine suggests, she wouldn't want to face her father's nagging about letting someone in when he's isn't around, a Malfoy at that. Elliot was never fond of the Malfoys and the tension between Draco's father and hers seem to be tight, she recalled the first time they met at Diagon Alley when they were getting their books. "It's rude to chase a guest away, especially after giving them this--" he shows her the mug, and looks down to it, "what is this anyway?" 

Aine frowns, "It's rude to show up at someone's house without even telling them prior to their arrival, don't you think?" she continued, "It's a flowering tea"

He hummed, "It's surprisingly delicious."

She stared at the boy, and he catches her staring, "What is it? You checking me out or something?" And Aine scoffs instantly, "You? Draco Malfoy, you've been such a flirt after these months."

His lips curled, and Aine looks almost disgusted. She snatches the cup away from him, and looks inside it, "Did the tea made you go funny? Well, I have the right potion to get rid of that."

Draco's eyes twinkle with intrigue and walks towards the magical pots, some stirring on its own. Aine follows him, and he judges each cauldron. It was making Aine feel a little annoyed, he walks into my house, without telling me and insulting my home, and judging the things we make. "You made these?" he mumbles, impressed.

"My dad did. I simply helped."

"What is it? What does it do?"

"None of your business." Aine smiles, and he lowers his gaze. "You and your snappiness."

"Can you leave now?"

"Why are you so keen on chasing me out?" he retorts in demand, "you got a boyfriend here or something?" he says loudly, looking around the house as if he's waiting to catch another man here. Aine grabs his sleeves and tries to drag him, "Oh? Why are you acting like this? It's like it's true? Is it?" 

Tugging on the boy was hard, especially since he was taller than her, she rolled her eyes, exhausted to entertain him. "Where's your boyfriend, aye?" he continues to tease her. 

"Over here." another voice replies and Aine flinches, Draco looked startled and they both turn to the voice. Elliot was standing by the door with his hands folded, looking not very please at the sight. Aine quickly removes her grip on Draco's sleeves and gulps, and the boy straightens himself, returning to his prideful demeanour although he was very nervous.

"Dad." Aine greets, smiling awkwardly. Elliot places his bag down and walks towards the children, his eyes darting at the blonde boy, "We have a guest." 

"Good afternoon, Mr Estoileon." Draco greets and Elliot nods his head in acknowledgement, "Good afternoon, indeed."

The two males exchanged glances and Aine was fidgeting at the silence, "What brings you to our petit modest home?" Elliot asks, raising a brow and Draco closes his eyes and smile, "My family is nearby on errands and I thought of visiting your daughter." 

Aine's father narrows his eyes, "The Malfoys", and Draco bends his head, "Yes."

Despite being older than Aine and usually rude and cocky, Draco still had his politeness when it comes to adults. Although him talking bad about Dumbledore was another thing. "Well, I'm sure your parents are done. Why don't you head off now? It seems like you've overstayed your stay here." Elliot responds coldly.

"Of course," Draco replies and heads to the door, "Thank you for the tea, Aine. Have a good day and I'll see you in school." He adds, sending them one last grin before the door closes, leaving Aine even more awkward.

Her father shifts and turns to his daughter, avoiding his gaze, he smiled and Aine looks up to him, "What's this?" 

"Uhm. He was just here." Aine mutters, "And?"

"And he had some tea," she replies shortly, and Elliot crouches down to her, "Did he do anything to you?" he asks her in concern, he always disliked the proud, boasting Malfoys. 

"No, nothing. In fact, I'm the one who was a little harsh on my words when talking to him." Aine confesses, chuckling and her father smirks, "Good." 

Aine looks to him in surprise and he places his hand over her head, smiling proudly before taking his next batch of potions to deliver.

Men are weird, Aine says in her head.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

28.6K 1.1K 26
"And that night young Harry and (y/n) slept, not knowing they were special, not knowing they were famous, not knowing that at that very moment, peopl...
189K 5.7K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
172K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
1.6K 65 17
Book 1: COMPLETE *Based On Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets* *** Liliana Snape is about to start her first year at Hogwarts. A lot can happen...