Incognito

By xxblagitxx

in·cog·ni·to ˌinkägˈnētō,inˈkägniˌtō/ 1. (of a person) having one's true identity concealed. "in order... More

Incognito
Ch. 1 "Help Him"
Ch. 2 "Clark Jordan"
Ch. 3 "Bad Boys Are Sexy"
Ch. 4 "Blondie"
Ch. 5 "Could I Bing You?"
Ch. 6 "Aaron's Party"
Ch. 7 "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"
Ch. 8 "Pickles Is Just My Nickname"
Ch. 9 "Shot Me Out of the Sky"
Ch. 10 "Itsy-Bitsy-Teenie-Weenie-Yellow-Polka-Dot Bikini"
Ch. 11 "I Won't Eat Cookies Before Dinner"
Ch. 12 "So Yummy I Could Rip His Shirt Off And Lick His Abs"
Ch. 13 "Below Average"
Ch. 14 "Fish Have Teeth In Their Throats"
Ch. 15 "Named Them After The Wilson Brothers"
Ch. 16 "Loose All My Masculinity Creds"
Ch. 17 "Photo With Our Tamagotchi"
Ch. 18 "A Guitar Playing Giraffe"
Ch. 19 "Giggle Giggle Giggle"
Ch. 20 "My Thighs Are Just Really Plush And Soft"
Ch. 21 "Call Me, Beep Me"
Ch. 22 "Playing Charades"
Ch. 23 "You Just Ate One Of The Bernstein's"
Ch. 24 "Right Outside"
Ch. 25 "Sure He's Not A Cat"
Ch. 26 "The Silent Treatment"
Ch. 27 "Update: Patient Growled"
Ch. 28 "Santa Shops at Target"
Ch. 29 "The Best Place To Make Friends"
Ch. 30 "Friendship Bracelets Are Vital"
Ch. 31 "Because I'm Manly"
Ch. 32 "Did You Know"
Ch. 33 "Pretty Dang Flipping Complicated"
Ch. 34 "The Heart Wants What It Wants"
Ch. 35 "The Front Door"
Ch. 36 "He Can't Wink"
Ch. 37 "Chicken Nuggets"
Ch. 38 "You Know How He Gets With Chocolate"
Ch. 39 "Without Love"
Ch. 40 "You And I Collide"
Ch. 41 "Pure Bromance"
Ch. 42 "Eagle Scout"
Ch. 43 "Human Compass"
Ch. 44 "Rock My World"
Ch. 45 "Goodbye Clark Jordan"
Ch. 46 "Close As Strangers"
Ch. 47 "Just Google Him"
Ch. 48 "I Need To Hear You Say It"
Ch. 49 "The Night of Nights"
Ch. 50 "Hottest Hot Person"
Ch. 51 "Pros and Cons"
Ch. 52 "How Ducking Embarrassing"
Ch. 54 "Baby Got Back"
Ch. 55 "Lay All Your Love On Me"
Incognito Q&A / Flash

Ch. 53 "My Hero Bill Nye"

18.1K 828 325
By xxblagitxx

Chapter 53

"This is it!" Braden squeals, skipping over to Emerson and me. "The day we escape this hell hole has finally come!"

A teacher nearby raises their eyes suspiciously, making the three of us snicker. Braden gives a curt little wave her way.

We're standing in the gymnasium, just about to head out to the football field for the graduation ceremony. It's a bittersweet day, but I'm most excited to start with a new chapter in my life.

"Is Kyle coming?" Emerson asks.

"No," I answer. "He's filming today."

I can't say I'm not disappointed, because I'm utterly depressed about it. Having Kyle here would've meant the world to me. He was part of this school for six months after all, and I feel like that's deserving of a proper graduation. Maybe I'll just have a mini one with him and a few others when he comes back.

"Get in line!" a teacher directs, clapping their hands together. "Alphabetical order!"

Braden takes both Emerson's and my hands before we depart. "Don't trip on stage, gorgeous girls."

"Same to you, beautiful beau!" Emerson calls as she walks to her spot in line.

I laugh and head over to the middle of the forming line, finding my name tagged on the floor just as promised. I'm standing in between two people whom I don't know very well, but that doesn't matter.

The music blares as we start heading out. My smile is wide while I look for my family in the bleachers. I spot Trent first, his arms waving way over his head and screaming like a madman. He's sitting next to Emerson's mom on his left and Laura on his right. Frankie is standing on the bleachers with my dad trying to make him sit down.

I laugh at the sight, waving to them before taking my seat in the foldable chair on the field. The first person to the microphone is principal Franklin. He welcomes us all and goes on to congratulate all of us on the field.

A few more important directors and administrators talk after him. Not going to lie, I didn't exactly pay too much attention to them. Plus, Anthony and I were playing rock, paper, scissors from across the way.

We are then called one by one to receive our diplomas. It's a long process, but I have a smile on my face as I cheer loudly for each of my friends.

"Cassidy Nelson," my name is called.

They ask everyone in the audience to remain silent once each name is called, just so each name can be heard. There's always a few families who break those rules. Whether my family did or not, I wouldn't know.

Because there was a different cheering coming from the front row of chairs.

"Fuck yeah!" Luke Hart screams.

I catch sight of him, tripping over my gown and falling flat onto my face. The crowd gasps as Mr. Franklin helps me to my feet.

My face is redder than a stop sign as I try to recover from the fall much like Jennifer Lawrence did in winning her Oscar; I had to own it.

As I shook hands with the rows of administrators and teachers, I kept glancing back at Luke. He was supposed to be in California with Kyle. I wonder and hope that Kyle is with him, though maybe he just came for me as my friend.

I'm handed my diploma and guided off the stage. I lift my hand in the air as I pass my family in the bleachers, winking before taking my seat once again.

Once all the names are called Mr. Franklin is back on the microphone. "Congratulations once again. I'm so proud of you. Now, a word from our very own Clark Jordan, also known as Kyle Blackburn."

My heart leaps in my chest when I hear the oh-so-familiar name. The handsome man steps onto stage, his attire not quite fit for a graduation, but perfect for himself. Gotta love him for wearing a snapback to a ceremony as such.

"Good-evening, class of 2015," he greets, placing both hands on either side of the podium. "I'm Kyle Blackburn, the Clark Jordan imposter."

The audience chuckles at his joke. My heart is beating out of my chest from just looking at him and thinking about just how much I missed him.

"I was asked to give this speech by Mr. Franklin, a man I've grown to respect and love. I refused, at first. I mean, I didn't even go here for real. You guys know my story," he sighs, seeming ever so confident.

"But instead of thinking about my story here at this school, I'm going to ask you, what was yours?" he challengingly asks.

I smile. My story couldn't have been written any better, if I really think about it. I met the love of my life at this school. I met all of my best friends at this school. My story is beautiful, and I don't care if anyone disagrees.

"You all have one. Every moment you experienced in that building," he points to the school, "is a chapter in your story. Good and bad. That time when you failed your chemistry test. When you had your first kiss. That time you caught your boyfriend or girlfriend cheating on you in the bathroom. That time you fell in love."

He pauses, searching the crowd for a certain someone. Me. "Just like the time I fell in love with Cassidy Nelson, the very favorite chapter of my story."

Everyone lets out a chorus of 'awww's. I smile, biting my lip as I look at Kyle like he's the only person in this crowd.

"So, graduates, I'm here to say that you have to be proud of these past four years. Hold that book of memories high in the air and say 'I am Sasha Fierce' because you are!"

The crowd all bursts out laughing as Kyle tries to remain as serious as possible. He was being so deep and then he had to go and pull out the Beyoncé card.

"And remember, dear friends, what my hero Bill Nye once said: Don't trust atoms; they make up everything."

He strums his air guitar proudly before steps away from the podium, disappearing from my view. The crowd is cheering and laughing loudly as it then becomes time for the valedictorian speeches.

I end up crying at the end of Alissa George's speech. It's the last one before we throw our hats up into the air, my eyes blurred as I throw the blue hat up.

Two arms wrap around my waist, picking me off the ground and spinning me around. I laugh, my eyes crinkling shut as I'm airborne.

"Kyle Blackburn," I gasp as he puts me down. "What the actual hell was that speech?"

He laughs, running his hand through my hair. "I thought I was quite brilliant."

I shake my head and hug him again, my head resting against his chest. "I missed you, weirdo."

"I missed you too, angel," he whispers and presses a kiss to the top of my head.

I'm pulled away from Kyle to take photos with my friends and family. He gets in a few of them, making sure to stand directly next to me with one arm around my waist. If he missed me as much as I missed him, we'll be inseparable the rest of the day.

The whole group was going to a party for the graduating class, but there's no question that Trent, Luke, and Kyle will be crashing it. Before we leave, Kyle takes my hand in his and starts heading towards the school.

"Where are you going?" I ask through laughter as he tugs me along.

"Shush, you impatient little cutie!" he yells, bringing us to the front entrance. He holds the door open for me and quickly regains hold of my hand afterwards.

I smile as I run with him through the hallways. I'm so infatuated with this boy and even the smallest things can bring a smile to my face. After all, half of my heart belongs to this boy.

"Why are we here?" I ask as we stop in front of Kyle's old locker.

He takes a permanent marker out of his pocket, waving it around in his hand. Bringing the pen to his locker, Kyle draws a giraffe and a plus sign just before the pig drawing that he deemed was of me. After the pig, he puts and equals sign and then a heart.

"There," he breathes, "now you're complete."

I laugh as I take in his graffiti art. "Not going to lie, still offended that you called me a pig."

He smiles, pressing a quick kiss to the side of my head. It makes me miss his lips on mine.

"I want to show you something..." he trails off, licking his lips slowly.

His next move is to the lock. Daringly, he begins to decode. I watch each turn, surprised that he's making every right move.

And then it opens.

"Holy shit," he whispers, staring at the opened locker. "It worked...I just..I did it!"

He looks so adorable as he smiles like a little boy. He has defeated his biggest obstacle of high school, unlocking a locker.

I laugh and wrap my arms around his shoulders to pull him into a hug. He spins me around again, burning his head into my neck. When he lets go, our bodies are still close and pressed together.

"I'd really like to kiss you right now, Cass," he whispers, his lips brushing mine.

"So kiss me," I say to give him the permission, my heart at my throat.

"You can't be in here!" a janitor yells at the two of us.

"I'm so sor-"

"What the hell are those markings? Did you two hooligans do that?" the angry man asks as he points to Kyle's drawing.

I cover my mouth to hold in my laugh. Kyle is about to say something when the man hits him with his broom.

"Get out! Shoo! Be gone!"

He gets a few more hits on Kyle before we sprint out of the hallway as fast as possible, our laughs echoing throughout the abandoned school. Our hands are interlocked as we step back outside to be with the others.

Laura, my dad, and Frankie are the ones leaving for the rest of us to go to the party. I say goodbye quickly before joining Kyle in Luke's car.

"This is your last high school party, Cassie," Luke informs as he follows the other cars. "You know what that means."

"I have no idea what that means," I laugh, resting my head against Kyle's shoulder.

"You get wasted."

"That's not happening." There's no way I'm spending my valuable time with Kyle while being drunk.

"But Cassarella!" Luke whines. "I've never seen you drunk before!"

"That's because I've never been drunk before," I say with an eye roll. "You know, Luke, it's still possible to have fun without forgetting what you did the next morning."

Luke sticks out his tongue as he pulls the car to a stop. "Now you and Kyle can't get matching tattoos. This sucks."

I laugh and climb out of the car, nearly tripping and falling onto the gravel street. Kyle is behind me as we walk, and sadly he never takes my hand.

I have no right to complain, considering we aren't even dating. Well, at least not officially. I'll still act just like a girlfriend, so girls better beware.

"To whom does this humble abode belong to?" Kyle asks properly.

I shrug. "I think like Christi Monel."

"Christi Monel is hot," Kyle says without thinking.

I raise my eyebrows, trying to remain completely calm. I can't be jealous here- though I really can, I just can't let Kyle know.

"Totally," I mumble as we enter her house.

Kyle laughs, obviously catching onto my discomfort. He tickles my sides shortly. "Need some peanut butter with that jelly?"

"Allergic," I snap and walk away, incredibly embarrassed that he had caught me.

I meet up with Braden and Derek, who already seem set on getting drunk. Everyone else joins us shortly, most of them with drinks in their hands. Oh so sensible, friends.

"Let's play Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon!" Braden decides, clapping his hands together.

We're all sitting in a circle in the family room. Kyle's sitting on an armchair with me in front of him on the floor. His legs are on either side of my body, his body crunched forward so that he can rest his elbows on his thighs. He's so close that I can feel his breath.

"As long as no one roasts me," Kyle warns.

I laugh at the memory, thought at the time it was worrisome. He looked so hurt, so offended while everyone bashed on Kyle Blackburn. I remember hating it, even though I barely knew the boy at that time.

"No promises," I tease, patting his knee.

He places his snapback on my head, cutely pressing a quick kiss to my cheek.

I'm in tears near the end of the game. My friends so helplessly got drunk and are saying some of the silliest things I've ever heard. Kyle and I, being the only two sober ones of the group, are really enjoying it.

"C'mon," Kyle urges, swinging his leg over my head and standing up. "Take my hand."

I grab ahold of his hand and push off of the ground. We leave our group of friends to head outside to Christi's backyard.

"So, Mr. Blackburn, how did you manage to get out of filming today?" I ask as I take a seat on the bench.

"I told you, everyone on set loves you," he answers.

I smile, playing with our hands. "Everyone here loves you as well."

"Everyone? Including Ms. Aquiline?"

"Most definitely Ms. Aquiline," I laugh.

We're both silent after the laughter, just staring at one another. His lips look so very kissable, but I have to control myself.

"Damn, you're gorgeous," he whispers, staring deeply and admirably at me.

I blush and look down at our hands. It's the small comments that really push me. What girl wouldn't want to hear that? And from the boy she loves ever so much.

"I love you."

He smiles at my words, his hand squeezing mine gently. "I love you so much."

"Kiss me," I beg.

His lips press against mine gently, but he pulls back before going through with it.

"I-I can't. I still have four months left of filming," he informs, breaking the kiss and ripping his gaze away from mine. "I-we-I just feel like maybe this is only working because..you know.."

I know. I thought about it too. Maybe our long distance friendship is working because it's a friendship, not a relationship. Sure, we still act like a couple, but there's not that stress of a relationship.

"I get it," I mumble and stand up from the bench. "Let's get back inside."

Kyle holds his head in his hands as he lets out a heavy sigh. "Don't be upset, Cassie."

"I'm not upset. Do I look upset?" I ask, definitely upset.

"Yeah, you do," he laughs lightly. "I didn't mean it like I don't want to be with you because I do. I just don't want to risk anything, like losing what we have right now."

"What do we have?" I ask. I'm not angry with him, just confused.

"I don't know. What I know is that I love you and I want to be with you," he says firmly. "I just..."

"I know," I sigh, turning to head back into the house.

I hear his footsteps behind me, his hand holding onto my arm to spin me around. I'm pulled against his chest with barely enough time to react before his lips were against mine.

His hand cupped my jaw, my hands behind his neck. Our lips moved at a slow, yet exhilarating pace. I've missed this feeling, the feeling where I hand over my whole heart to Kyle.

But I'm not scared anymore because I know that he handed over his months ago.

"Will you-"

"Yes," I answer, pressing my lips against his after the short break. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

He smiles, kissing my forehead. "I was going to ask if you if you'd sing karaoke with me inside, not if you'd be my girlfriend."

~~

AN:

it was a joke, calm yourselves. they are together once again. as expected and hoped from many.

including myself.

I remind you, TWO CHAPTERS LEFT oh boy oh shoot I'm going to miss this so much

remember the vote & comment & just share the love y'all

are those wedding bells I hear coming up?

•comment•vote•enjoy•

p.s. check out Flash! it's the story of Peter and Grace and I'll love you forever if you'd give it a go (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 367 66
'It's better to have nobody than to have somebody who's half there'. A girl goes onto Omegle and finds a boy who she falls for.. ACOMPLISHMENTS ;#...
Jessica By Nobody

Fanfiction

21 0 38
Imagine waking up one day and you don't recognise your body anymore. Your memories are still there but it's like mind and matter don't belong. Then t...
2.1K 65 15
Trickster (adj.) a person who cheats or deceives people "𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦." 【 oc x...
17.2K 289 31
you are a young boy/girl and are a demon till you find a man that is in front of you till you see this mans eyes...