The Secret Life Of A Not-So-U...

By shutiitt_real

Midoriya Izuku is a Quirkless loser who cannot stand up for himself. He gets beaten both at school and home. ... More

Here We Go Again
A Badass Pencil Tip
The Drunkard Who Hits
The Explosive Dog-Turned-Human
Mister Muscle Is A Skeleton
Author's Note
Blackmail And Cunning
Moving In
Bunny Eared Saviour
Author's Note
Thank You
Izuku's Part Time Job - A Filler Chapter
Second Encounter With The Fluffy Haired Boy
2K!!
Third Roommate - A Filler Chapter
Time Skip
Meeting The Devil Rat (4K!)
The USJ Attack
The Trust Between Them
Author's Note
Conversing With The Candy Cane
Maskless
Cursing Nedzu, For A Reason Of Course
The Problem Caused By The Trash On Fire
10K! {Announcement & Surprise}
Meeting Class 1-B
Are Hitoshi and Katsuki Aware of Deku Being Izuku? - An Informative Chapter
An Exchange of (Mild) Blackmail
Why Doesn't Katsuki Recognize The Name Deku?? - An Informative Chapter
Author's Note
Class Gathering ~ A Filler Chapter
The Sports Festival Begins
The Master Of Bets (And Slaps)
One-On-One Battles... Start!
Vote Results!
AO3
50K
Discipline and Abuse
New Year's Special
1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣✨0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ & Vote
Deku Vs The Trash On Fire

Round One Ending(Yes, This Is A Chapter)

5.2K 249 52
By shutiitt_real

Neito tragically lost against Hitoshi after the purplette called the other 'a no good copycat who will never be a unique individual', and touched his sore spot.

It was expected, given all the trash-talking Izuku had taught Hitoshi, and Neito had been bullied nearly all his life for having a Quirk that made his individuality worthless in the eyes of people.

Izuku still patted him on the back and gave him a few encouraging words when he exited the arena, though.

If the blond cried on his shoulder afterwards, neither of them mentioned it, even when Izuku dabbed his handkerchief on the wet spot after he had stopped, muttering about leeches.

Todoroki won his match against Sero easily, the poor boy being frozen completely within a second of the match's beginning.

Ibara decimated Kaminari who had the nerve to underestimate her due to her gender, and wasted himself, turning into the moron he always turned into when he overused his Quirk.

Itsuka won against Yaoyorozu, the latter not being quick enough to dodge her accurate punches that suddenly enlarged as they got closer. Izuku had already noticed that the ravenette seemed to focus on her Quirk too much, so her ultimate downfall was no surprise.

Katsuki blew Setsuna to the ground, giving her no chance to even spilt herself apart and barely any time to dodge, then a few minutes into the match grabbing and pressing a part of her legs to the line, therefore winning.

Eijirou and Tetsutetsu tied, but in the tiebreaker, the redhead ultimately won.

Mina easily incapacitated Aoyama after giving him enough stomach cramps for him to pass out from the pain.

Finally, Hatsume forfeited ten-odd minutes into her match against Iida after deciding that she had displayed her inventions' capabilities enough.

After the first round was over, Izuku in his Izuku clothes joined Class 1-A in their stands, surprising many as he suddenly appeared and sat down next to Yaoyorozu, causing the girl to take a sharp intake of breath when she spotted him right next to her.

Giving her a cheerful grin and a wave, Izuku leaned forward and spoke up, eyes glinting with seriousness despite his happy behaviour.

"I'm guessing you didn't train your body much due to your dependence on your Quirk, huh?" he asked, voice subdued.

The girl paled, but nodded, a frustrated sigh escaping her lips.

"It would seem so. I didn't even have time to dodge!"

Izuku patted her on the shoulder, causing her to look up to see a sympathetic glint in his eyes.

"Before I started my physical training, I was bullied a lot," he said, causing the girl to gasp sharply, eyes snapping to his. The boy smiled in response, continuing his story. "Because of my Quirkless diagnosis, I wasn't quite popular, and people thought me weak and pathetic. They shoved me around, insulted me, and made my life miserable."

Izuku took in a deep breath, then let it out in a deep sigh. He raised his head, eyes on the clouds, a thoughtful expression on his face. "The things is, when they punched me, I could see their fists coming. I could easily read the twitch of their muscles, and guess what move would be coming next. But," His eyes went back from the sky to her face, where she was gazing intently at him, eyes filled with horror from what she was hearing. "my body wouldn't move the way I wanted. Whether I knew what was coming or not, unless I could dodge, it didn't matter." He patted her on the shoulder, since again standing up, and smiled. "Think about it, alright?"

Seeing her dazed nod, his smile widened a fracture, and he turned around, rushing to Katsuki and jumping on his back, laughing as he stumbled and cursed his name.

Yaoyorozu looked at him and clenched her first determinedly.

Now she knew what she had to improve next.

She would just have to work on it as soon as possible.

{}

Shouto watched as the greenette told something to Yaoyorozu, and seeing how pale the girl's face had gotten, it was probably something serious.

The bi-coloured boy's eyes never left the greenette as his serious expression morphed into a happy-go-lucky one.

The boy really was a master of facial expressions. It intrigued him, how fast the boy could swap them, and also brought the question of what his real personality was like.

Was he really so cheerful, or was he the cold genius he portrayed as Deku?

Or maybe he didn't have any emotions at all.

Who knew? Shouto certainly didn't.

But he did want to.

And he certainly would find out, if it was the last thing he did.

{}

Izuku ignored the stares of a certain boy boring into his back as he teased Katsuki, pulling at his cheeks, and dodging the swats sent his way as a result.

He knew the Candy Cane™ had many questions, but they would have to wait for now.

He did want to tell the boy of some of his secrets, he was comforting in a way that made him want to spill all his secrets to him, but the danger that cake as a result wasn't worth.

Maybe confessing all his wrongdoings would lessen the ache in his chest a bit, but it would only burden the other boy.

Sacrifices needed to be made to achieve the best for his loved ones, and Izuku wouldn't think twice before losing an arm for them if required.

Plus, better a broken boy than one with a dream, eh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 72.5K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
172K 5K 33
"so what you are saying is that Bakugo is a fully trained body guard, Midoriya is one of the four states of matter and is being hunted to be turned i...
8.4K 426 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
175K 9.5K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...