Her Dawning Empire: The Proph...

By ToTheExtreme95

How hard can it be to fulfil a prophecy? That is, while having to work with a chiselled, righteous soldier wh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Epilogue

Chapter 86

303 29 0
By ToTheExtreme95

At Maya's words, Emut looked down at the centre before surveying the surroundings. I followed suit, eyeing the various Chigaru soldiers around the area. The place was guarded and they, in a sense, had hostages. We'd have to be careful.

"We'll take advantage of the element of surprise we have." Emut spoke and we nodded, focusing in as he spoke, eager to know what to do to help these villagers.

"The plan?" Ayla squeaked out from beside me, her tepid gaze on the brawny soldiers and Emut followed suit before turning back to us with his steely gaze.

"Ayla, you stay here on upper ground and shoot down any immediate danger. Remember, we need to be discrete." He began and Ayla nodded firmly before he turned his gaze to Abrax and pointed towards the left side of our view.

"Abrax, take the left side and Maya the right. Close in from there to the centre and keep watch over the women and children. Remove any threats." He gestured to Maya at the end and they both nodded simultaneously before he turned his gaze to us.

I smiled slightly as his honey eyes landed on me. He looked at me for a moment or two before his gaze flitted to Demir.

"Demir, take the north side and take Hanna with you. Those male villagers will need healing. Remember, try to be as quiet as you can." He instructed and Demir looked to the north, a blank expression on his face.

"And you?" He simply asked to which Emut eyed the far side where a lot of the Chigaru were congregated.

"I'll handle the far side." He answered just as simply and that was that. Demir looked as though he would protest, but he just stood up and walked back to the stairwell, stopping slightly at the end and I realised he was waiting for me. I moved to get up as did the rest, but the feel of a warm grip against my arm made me halt and I looked to the familiar hazel eyes in question.

"He won't let you get hurt." Emut reassured himself more so than me and I smiled at his caring nature before raising an eyebrow.

"Well, that all depends on if I annoy him or not, so don't hold too much hope yet." I joked in an attempt to diffuse the solemn atmosphere. Emut smiled at my words, something I found that I had truly missed for the last few days before he gestured to the stairwell.

"Then, I won't keep you for too long. Demir isn't a man of patience." He joked back much to my relief, making me giggle and Emut's smile widened. I placed my free hand over his that was gripping my wrist, the smile still on my face.

"We can get through this." I reassured quietly so only he could hear and I knew that he could tell I wasn't just talking about this battle. He nodded, his hand squeezing slightly at my wrist before he let go and I took the action as a small farewell, making my way to the stairwell.

Demir had already moved down the stairwell by then, leaning against the bottom wall as I made my way down. At this point, he would have usually taunted or mocked me for my lateness, but such words never came and I watched as he walked silently towards our destination, expecting me to follow him. I did so somberly, seemingly missing his mocking nature. Often, it had gotten on my nerves and I would always bite back yet now our source of laughter had gone and only silence remained.

We waded through the housing, Demir surveying the area before gesturing me to follow and I complied, gazing around at the narrow alley we entered. It was slightly narrow so much so that it was grazing against Demir's broad shoulders, but not touching me. I kept my double sword in front of me as we walked, watching as Demir eyed the random shops we passed, an indistinct turmoil in his eyes. It's a look I quickly likened to when we had transported to Earth and I had eyed the familiar streets- a hint of nostalgia from a dark time. Although I knew, for Demir, it was probably worse. He had held the memories back behind a dam and now, coming back here, he was trying his hardest to keep it in place when it would have been best to let the water roam free. I knew then he couldn't do it alone so, despite my fear, I spoke.

"So, this is the infamous Withania province?" I randomly whispered the question, making Demir tense, his eyes cold as he looked to me. I had anticipated his reaction, but cowered anyways, clearing my throat as I continued.

"Is there where she raised you?" I tepidly asked, meeting his cold gaze and I saw a muscle twitch in his jaw which was the only show of emotion.

"Whatever you're trying to do, Hanna, stop. I'm not in the mood." He muttered tiredly, his dull gaze scanning the surroundings as he continued walking and I tutted at his words.

"I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just asking a question." I grumbled back, but was met with silence as Demir chose not to respond. At this, I tutted again, kicking at a small pebble.

"I just wanted to know what she was like." I mumbled out to which Demir stopped suddenly and I hit against his back. He turned slowly to look at me and I hesitantly looked up to meet his steady gaze, his hair in front of his eyes as he looked down at me.

"Why can't you ever leave it alone?" He muttered, his eyes scanning my face for an answer I couldn't even provide. Instead, I gave a small shrug, my eyes looking into his own.

"Because leaving you alone won't help you. And, I want to help." I admitted, my voice gentle as though I was testing the waters. Demir looked to me still, his eyes scanning me again before he sighed, shaking his head.

"She was the only reason I stayed in this shithole." He muttered before turning to walk, but I held tight to his arm, making him tense as he looked to me again with his silver gaze.

"If this place is just a shithole then why does it affect you so much?" I countered to which he sighed loudly, pulling his arm out of my hold.

"A lot happened here, Hanna. I can't just wish it away." He bit out, his hand notably tightening on his glaive and I nodded in understanding, moving closer. He looked up at this, his gaze fixing me in place as he continued.

"She was the only one who didn't treat me like I was nothing. This place reminds me that she's gone; it reminds me of how alone I am." He said coldly, his gaze fixed on me and I instinctively placed a hand against his as it rested on the glaive. He looked down at my bid to comfort him.

"If you think so much of her then why let this place marr the memories you have of her? You should remember this place as the place where she cared for you; don't let anything else interfere with that." I absconded and he looked to me at my words, his eyes glinting much like the moon. It was a long moment that passed as he looked to me and I gulped nervously as he shook his head.

"I don't know what to make of you, Hanna." He muttered, his cold eyes scanning my face and I smiled widely in response to his words, raising an eyebrow.

"That I'm amazing and the bestest friend to ever exist?" I questioned jokingly and he raised an eyebrow at my words, opening his mouth to speak, but the sound of muffled screaming made us snap our gazes towards the end of the alley we were stood in. He spared a last look to me before turning and walking through. I followed him as he did so, making sure to keep my doublesword away from the walls so as to not alert anyone of our presence.

It seemed a good minute or two before we reached the exit and Demir halted, peering out. I came to his side, peering out at the around 40 Chigaru soldiers who were too enthralled and engrossed in shouting foreign words at the male villagers, whips in hand and I found that my fists clenched in frustration. The men were hoisted up on a long branch, the colour draining from their arms that were held with ropes. Demir picked his glaive up slightly, his cold gaze still on the scene in front of him.

"Watch my back; I'll watch yours." He instructed vaguely and I turned to him in shock as I processed his words. The very thought that a formidable fighter like Demir was asking for my support had me gaping; I couldn't help him even though I wished too. I was weak. I shook my head, my eyes anxious at what he expected from me.

"Demir, I can't he-" I began, but Demir cut me off with a sigh, nudging his weapon against my own.

"If I trust you, why can't you trust yourself?" He said coldly, his words so simple but it did so much. I felt myself smile unwillingly, but Demir didn't pay heed to this, looking back at the soldiers. It was something about how certain he was with what he said that made me nod.

"Let's do it." I whispered back, an edge to my voice and Demir wasted no time, moving forward at such an agile speed that I didn't even have time to blink. Before the soldiers could even process, he had jumped up before landing flat on a soldier, his weapon wedged deep into the man's chest.

"Hanna." He called out, signalling me over as he lifted his lethal weapon up.

I wasted no more time then, moving in as the soldiers converged in towards Demir. A soldier caught sight of me, running towards me and I tightened my hold on my sword as he approached. He swung his longsword and I responded by lifting mine to defend. He was much weaker than Emut and I pushed him off with a little force before slashing upwards, hitting against his chin in a vicious stroke and he stumbled backwards, reaching up to grab at the blood oozing from his jaw. I took the distraction to dig the sword into his chest making him still and choke. He stilled finally and I took the sword out roughly, squinting as the blood sprayed out, hitting my face.

The ground rocked slightly and I wavered slightly where I stood, watching as Demir's eyes glowed in the distance, causing boulders of sand to lift out of the ground and throw soldier's bodies through the air. The ones that fell next to me, I ended quickly with a quick jab of my sword. Others avoided the boulders with hurried movements, running in with their weapons and I followed after, weapon raised. Dodging the attacks, I ducked under their arms until I was beside Demir in the centre of the bustle. A soldier raised a leg and kicked against my form, causing me to stumble to the ground. He smiled at this and I scowled before using my own leg to slide his legs out from under him. He landed with a loud thud and I moved hurriedly up, crawling across his form before grabbing the small dagger at my belt and plunging it into his side.

He spluttered at this and I twisted it, grimacing as I heard the squelch. Suddenly, I was lifted by my waist and I struggled as they tightened an arm around my neck, making my breathing laboured. I gritted my teeth as I felt his stench overwhelm me before bringing the hilt of the dagger up and hitting it against his kneecap, where Emut had said there was a sensitive spot. I heard a crack before he released me, gripping to his knee and I turned just as Demir moved behind him, snapping his neck with a swift turn of his head.

He looked to me then, the blood spattered against his face and I looked to the 7 remaining soldiers that I knew he could handle with ease. I gazed to the large branch that held the villagers up. It was too high and I looked to Demir who seemed to understand without words. We both moved forward together towards the soldiers and villagers. They ran in at this, but their legs sinking into the sand stopped them and I looked to Demir's hair blowing in the non-existent wind before turning and twirling my double sword, letting it slash against the enemies that stood helpless. Even then, I felt no remorse. The villagers were helpless and they didn't care. Their screams echoed across and I knew there was no need to be silent anymore.

"Come here." Demir instructed as we neared the tree and I complied, inhaling sharply as Demir grabbed me by my waist and threw me up until I landed against the tall branch where the men were hoisted up on. I wasted no time, lifting my sword up. The villagers' eyes widened slightly at this as I brought my weapon down on the first rope, causing the frail man to hurtle through the air. Demir caught him instinctively before placing him to the ground and I continued bringing my weapon down as Demir caught them just as quick. I moved to the branch on the other side and continued until all 20 were down.

When the last man had been dropped, I looked down to Demir who merely extended his arms and I only nodded before falling, the wind hurtling through my hair. It seemed like a decade passed and then I felt the warmth of arms around me and turned instinctively to Demir who held me bridal style. My cheeks tinted slightly, but I smiled in thanks to which his eyes traced my face before he moved to put me down. I turned my attention to the men then who were looking at us in a mixture of awe and fear. I soon realised that the fear was directed to Demir and I recalled that they knew who he was. Demir, on the other hand, ignored this, his voice firm as he spoke.

"Where are the other men?" He asked, his voice impassive and I looked around curiously. The women and children were all in the centre and only 20 men were here. They stayed quiet for a moment, but one man cleared his throat with a cough, his face bloodied and bruised.

"T-they had kept us all in a prison they made where there was no light or sound. They'd pull out a few of us a day and t-teach us a lesson." He uttered out meekly and I stilled at what the Chigaru had done. Demir only nodded in response, not sparing any emotion.

"And, where is this prison?" He merely asked to which the man lifted a frail finger to the desolate grey cement building a little bit behind us. Demir only nodded at this yet again before turning his eyes to me and I understood what he was asking me to do. Crouching down, I looked to the men before raising a hand to the one closest to me. He stumbled back at this and I let out a sigh.

"I only want to heal you." I explained to which he scowled, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Any who accompany the spawn of Apophis bear only ill intentions for us. We wish not for what you give us." He merely said, ushering me away with a wave of his hand and I gaped, seething to myself when the villagers nodded in agreement, eyeing Demir. It was only for a moment that I seethed before I recomposed my self, shrugging casually.

"Let's hang them up in the tree again then, Demir." I said simply, watching as the man looked to me with wide eyes and the villagers broke out into worried exclaims. Even Demir looked to me with an inquisitive gaze and I merely nodded before turning back to the man, my eyes narrowed.

"If you wish not for our help then why must we save you? We could leave you in the hands of the Chigaru to rot." I merely said before standing up, making them cower back. I hadn't even noticed that my presence would cause that. Perhaps, it was the weapon in my hand or the threat of my words. I directed my gaze to all of them, meeting their panicked gazes head-on.

"So, I ask you again, do you wish for our help?" I asked, my voice carrying over and the villagers nodded, some even moved closer extending their hands to be healed and I ducked down at this, shaking my head.

"Better yet, do you wish for help from the son of Apophis?" I drawled and they seemed more uncertain at this, but the threat hung over them and they nodded anxiously, extending their hands out to even Demir now, seemingly not cowering back from his presence. I looked to Demir then who was already looking at me with his intense gaze.

"Go free the other men. I'll heal them." I instructed and Demir was silent for a second before nodding and making his way over to where the building was situated. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8M 426K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
171K 1.7K 5
The head which was expected to be held high to bear the crown of a princess, was bowed down in fear . The eyes which always witnessed love and care, ...
397K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
160K 4.2K 51
Rose Waterstone, daughter of the lead commander, is sent to the facility at the ripe age of seventeen. She was sent for the same reason as everyone e...