Her Dawning Empire: The Proph...

De ToTheExtreme95

How hard can it be to fulfil a prophecy? That is, while having to work with a chiselled, righteous soldier wh... Mai multe

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Epilogue

Chapter 75

315 31 3
De ToTheExtreme95

I placed the silver diadem onto my head, on top of my open hair that cascaded down my back in waves. It went well with the forest green leafy full-length dress that mirrored the curves of my form.

The Penta province had organised a celebration for the Festival of Epagomenae and had invited us as guests of honour due to our miraculous defeat of the fire bakenanouke. Although we had been thinking of turning our focus back onto the keys, we had all thought a break in our hectic schedule was direly needed, especially after all that had happened.

Today was the day of the birth of Osiris- the celebration of rebirth and, so, I wore green to symbolise this.

Placing the silver necklace on that Ayla had given me, I glanced briefly to the purple bruises on my wrist from the tight hold the Baken had on me. The very thought of the creature made me wince, even thinking about the sound of Maya's scream. It was something that would haunt me for many nights to come.

Along with that voice.

I shuddered at the thought of the chilling voice, even more when it spoke directly to me. It was as though a portion of my dark subconscious was trying to break through into the open. Despite the fear I felt at its presence, I couldn't help but feel somewhat grateful that it had been there. If not, then I would not have possessed the mental capacities of shielding. I let out a deep sigh at this before seating myself on the edge of the bed and putting on my sandals.

I had tried to use the shielding again, but to no avail. The nightmarish voice had disappeared and, with it, the ability. A few times yesterday, I had tried to imagine the old oak door, but I couldn't get it open as though it had been locked from the inside.

I shuddered at the thought before standing up and making my way to the bedside table and grabbing the worn-out leather book that Negus had given me. The ability I had used two nights ago had truly helped with the cause, but if I was unable to access it again then I would try better myself through other ways.

Divine words.

Negus had said that I had the power to bring words to life through my mere utterance yet I had been practicing for the last 4 months, but to no avail. Opening it, I looked to the words Isis had written.

A'max- Burn.

I sighed in frustration when I thought of the many times I had tried the word with no effect.

"Hanna! What are you doing?" Ayla said with a frown as she walked in, her parakeet-green mermaid dress fluttering behind her, making her look like Tinkerbell. Ignoring her question and focusing more on the sight before me, I smiled brightly.

"The better question would be to ask if there was a limit to your beauty?" I teased to which Ayla stopped frowning and smiled bashfully before waving her hand dismissively. Her blonde hair was half-up and half-down with golden wisps framing her delicate face.

"Oh, stop, Hanna! I thought I looked good until I came in and saw you!" She whined with a pout and I laughed before standing up and making my way to her.

"With the amount you butter me up, I'm surprised my name hasn't changed to toast.'" I joked with a laugh, but Ayla just frowned yet again, making me sigh dramatically.

"Just take my word it that the joke was hilarious." I added sourly and Ayla just rolled her eyes playfully before opening her mouth to speak, but the sound of my door flinging open made us turn and I looked to Maya.

Her clothes were an olive-green colour, but contrasted very much to that of mine and Ayla's. For one, she was wearing three-quarter pants that tightened at the shins and a leafy tank top that showed the tiniest strip of midriff.

"What on earth are you wearing?!" Ayla squawked out, gesturing to Maya's attire which she only responded to with a glare.

"I could say the same to you, oaf." She bit back and I let out a small giggle before moving forward and placing a hand against Maya's arm.

"Well, I think you look amazing." I let out to which Maya smiled slightly and Ayla let out a groan.

"I can't deal with the two of you sometimes." She muttered, dramatically placing her hands against her temples, making Maya and I laugh.

"Enough with the laughing, my aljuniyat! We're going to be late." I turned swiftly at Arun's musical voice as he popped his head into the door, his golden hair tipping sideways at the action.

"Fashionably late, Arun, which is what we were going for." I corrected jokingly to which Arun smiled, his green eyes twinkling.

"Must we miss the festivities in the name of fashion? I have had quite an appetite for a party for some time now." He whined, a mock pout and I laughed at his words, walking towards the doorway. Ayla and Maya followed after and I watched as Arun drummed his fingers against Demir's door.

"Come along, boys!" He sang out, his willowy fingers creating a rhythm against the door, but it was short-lived as the door opened at that precise moment with Demir and Emut stepping out, engrossed in conversation. Their attire was leafy also, with Demir wearing army green colours and with Emut wearing forest green colours. I smiled as Emut looked to us all.

"Are we ready to leave?" He questioned, his eyes scanning around the group. My smile widened when his warm gaze rested on me to which a ghost of a smile made a way to his face. He looked around again, before his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where's Abrax?" He asked and I looked around as Arun sighed deeply.

"Still doing his hair, it seems." He answered and I remembered Ayla telling me how Abrax had mentioned the amount of effort it takes to upkeep his hair. I brightened slightly before nudging Ayla's arm with my elbow.

"Ayla, can you go call him to meet us all downstairs?" I said, trying to sound casual and Ayla let out a stuttered sound, looking to me with a small smile.

"Oh-ye- sure." She answered, sucking in a breath and I squeezed her hand as Emut ushered us towards the stairs. I watched as she knocked on his door before entering with an internal fist pump.

She so owes me.

Making our way down the stairs, I let out a laugh as Maya glared at Emut and Demir who walked ahead.

"Ever heard of 'ladies first'?!" She bit out harshly to which Demir scoffed, not even sparing her a glance.

"Oh how amusing. You think that applies to you?" He drawled to which Arun let out a light laugh. Maya elbowed his side in response, making him wince before she snapped her fiery green gaze back to Demir as we walked to the courtyard.

"I'm going to apply my fist to your face, if you don't cease with your nonsensical drivel!" She exclaimed angrily and Demir glanced over slightly at this before turning to look ahead as we approached the fountain.

"Like you did at Bomani's residence?" He mused, finally turning around and folding his arms across his hard chest. We all stopped then to wait for Ayla and Abrax.

Emut laughed slightly, clapping a hand against Demir's back.

"How long will you torture her with that? I think she's had enough." He added insult to the injury, making Maya let out a sound of annoyance and Demir's smile widened at his friend's words.

I only narrowed my eyes playfully at the two.

"Had enough? Need I remind you of the time we saved your lives because you two were too busy playing the role of lovesick puppies." I said mock thoughtfully, referring to the siren incident and Maya laughed heartily.

"Yes, I recall! During next combat, Demir, I'll just make sure to bring a beautiful woman to distract you, if that's what guarantees me a win." She offered mockingly and Demir raised an eyebrow, his gaze amused. It made me think back to yesterday and Demir's challenge yet he didn't seem to notice this as he settled his eyes on Maya.

"So, is that your way of admitting you can't defeat me without an aide?" He pondered and Arun let out a dreamy sigh.

"If you need a distracting beautiful woman then I'd suggest Hanna." He commented with a smile to me, ignoring the previous conversation and I blushed as Demir's gaze slipped to my attire for a quick second before he looked back into my eyes.

"We're here!" Ayla called out suddenly, making me turn and I smiled as Abrax walked rather close to her form. His hair was in twists and he was wearing army green clothes like Demir.

"Wow, you look good, Abrax." I complimented him to which he smiled bashfully.

"You're kind, Hanna. As do you." He replied sweetly and Maya let out a snort, folding her arms.

"Can we have this love fest later, when we're not tight for time?" She questioned impatiently to which Ayla tutted.

"Patience is a virtue." She snipped before reaching her hands out. We all stuck our hands out instinctively and I smiled at my hands in Maya's and Ayla's.

I felt the familiar warping and, suddenly, we were back at the village from that night yet things were vastly different- the first difference being that I was excited this time to enjoy myself as opposed to how tense I was then. The second thing I noticed was the appearance as we stood at the border of the village. That night, it had felt dark and dismal while today it was lit with lights that cast the whole place in a warm glow.

"They did all these preparations within a day?" I asked incredulously and Maya nodded as we walked through to the centre.

"The boys had offered to help in the morning, but they had refused them, seeing as we were the honorary guests for this celebration." She explained and I nodded before turning back to marvel at the preparations. The village was glowing in an orange ember, with a fire pit at the side near the border.

A lingering thought in my head thought back to when I had last seen the village as adorned as this, despite the efforts I put in to expel the thoughts.

Yet try as I might, I couldn't stop my mind from tracing back to the Wag festival where I had failed both Faridha and Khalid. Walking through to the centre only furthered these thoughts. I had been here yesterday also, but had been too caught up in my day off, but today the memories had come back in full force.

I mentally berated myself for my thoughts. I couldn't keep tormenting myself over the past, rather I could use it as fuel towards the future- the dream of creating a peaceful Aaru so prominent.

I hope you're watching, Khala. I'm doing this for you.

We entered the centre and my mind got distracted as I looked to the large wooden statue near the well. It was of a male, wearing an Atef crown and with two curled ostrich feathers behind his back. In his grip, he was holding a crook and flail.

"What is that?" I whispered in awe and Emut let out a small laugh as we all furthered in.

"It's a statue of Osiris. We burn it during the festival to represent the time Osiris had become reborn as an immortal." He explained and I nodded, my eyes not leaving the huge structure. The sound of music and laughter made me look around at the crowd of villagers who were talking and dancing amongst themselves.

"Come on! Let's go dance again." Ayla whispered excitedly in my ear and I nodded with a laugh which soon turned into a sound of surprise as someone grabbed my arm, pulling me back against their chest.

"I was promised a dance first." I heard the rumble of Emut's voice and looked up slightly to see his honey eyes on me.

"Oh no fair!" Ayla whined, but I kept my eyes trained on Emut as he shrugged half-heartedly, his gaze on me still.

"Life never is." He said simply, a small smile on his face and I giggled slightly at this, making his smile widen.

Ayla let out a soft groan before sighing.

"Fine, but make it quick." She huffed out and I could hear her footsteps stomping away, making me finally look up to see her retreating form with Arun. Both Abrax and Demir had gone, leaving only Maya who was stood at the food table that stretched across the side.

Emut moved forward then, his chest nudging against me from behind slightly before he came to my side and led us to the dancing crowd.

"This feels slightly familiar." I teased as we turned to face each other and the palm of his hand touched against mine.

He smiled at my words as we circled each other.

"And, we're still matching." He added, gesturing between us and I nodded at his words as we pushed slightly back and then forward. The music pounded against my ears as we moved and Emut chose to break through the silence again.

"Last time, you had said the colour red denotes to love." He started vaguely, making my eyebrows furrow at his words. Nevertheless, I nodded and his hand gripped slightly on my own as he pulled me towards him. I let out a startled sound when I landed against him, my other hand resting flat against his chest to brace my fall, making me blush.

"What does the colour green mean for us?" He continued in a murmur, referring to our attire. His gaze briefly flitted down to my hand before coming back to look me in the eyes.

I stilled as I processed his words before pursing my lips. He watched every action intently.

"I think green would denote to growth, harmony or safety." I answered in a wavering whisper.

He smiled at this, his eyes warming me to the core.

"It suits us then. You've grown a lot in the last months." He commented, making me smile bashfully. It was true; we had come a long way from where we once were.

"And you've kept me safe so many times." I let out teasingly, thinking to all the times where Emut had put himself on the front line for the group, even going as far as telling me to leave his bloodied form, in the Jungle of Allayl, and run to safety.

Emut smiled slightly at this, but there was a serious look in his eyes.

"And I'll continue keeping you safe, you know that, right?" He asked, his deep voice rumbling through to my hand that rested against his chest.

I nodded slowly, knowing more than anything that Emut would keep me safe.

"I know you will, I trust you." I admitted, to which Emut's smile widened. My fingers slipped down slightly as he dipped me with his hand behind my neck and I noticed how he tensed slightly at this.

"Hanna?" He said suddenly, his warmth seeping into my form and I nodded in question at his words, but the sound of footsteps made me turn swiftly.

"Okay, it's my turn now!" I looked at Ayla's upside down form from how I was being dipped by Emut. Her hands were against her hips as she looked to Emut expectantly. I heard the sound of him sigh before letting out a small squeal as he pulled me back up, causing a slight wind to blow the front wisps of my hair. His eyes glanced at this for a moment or two and then he was moving back, his hold loosening on me. I felt cold at the lack of contact, looking to his warm eyes for some semblance of heat as he ran a hand through his hair.

"She's all yours." He spoke finally, his eyes turning to Ayla as he smiled.

I felt the grip of Ayla's hand on my arm as she let out a huff.

"Of course, when was she not?!" Ayla exclaimed, looping her arm through mine and I watched as Emut shrugged, his eyes looking to me yet again.

"I'll go check on the elders." He announced suddenly, ignoring her question and then he was retreating without so much as a goodbye.

"Come on!" Ayla exclaimed loudly, dragging me and I let out a yelp as I followed her with clumsy steps.

Tonight was going to be a long night. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

648 16 9
Leilani was ready to leave high school behind her, along with the annoying boy that she'd come to hate due to that one night. But little did she know...
6.2M 133K 52
𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
2.5K 90 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
21.9K 672 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...