Until You're Mine

By writergxrll

Isabella Young packed up her life in the city that never sleeps in an attempt to escape the buzz of New York... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 15

3.3K 97 3
By writergxrll

"So are you ready to admit it?" I use Simons words from yesterday against him, as I turn to face him after beating him for the third time, in one of our races.

"That was pure luck." He says, unzipping his pocket and pulling his phone out. "And I also felt bad, I mean it only took you five years to beat me."

I scoff. "You're mind is playing tricks on you because that's definitely not how it went down, Bennett."

"Sure it was. I bet you in the race, again and then you showed your appreciation for my skills when we got back to the hotel." He smirks.

I roll my eyes which he can only briefly see. Instead he can see the grin on my face. "Well I want your appreciation in the form of those chocolates you found out about yesterday."

"Fine by me." He says and holds up his phone, pointing it towards me.

"What are you going?" I ask after the sound of the camera's snap sounds.

"You'll see."

A few seconds later my phone pings and I pull it out of my pocket. It's a notification that Simons tagged me in an Instagram post.

After five years she's finally beaten me🥇

I laugh, before commenting some trophy emojis and putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Liv's after texting me." Simon informs me, after he reads an incoming message on his phone. "She said she wants us back for lunch."

I laugh, pulling myself up from my seated position. "Trust Olivia to take over the mother role and call us back for lunch."

Simon nods as we make our way toward the collection center, where we left our belongings earlier this morning. "Her and Theo really need to have one of their own."

"But that would entail Liv having to take time off work, and that would be a problem."

I leave my gear in the locker I rented for the time that we'll be here. It's only a five minute walk back to the hotel, which Simon and I spend bickering.

"I can't believe you remembered the chocolates." I say as we walk through the front doors of the hotel.

Simon smirks. "That's not all I remember from the last time we were here."

I laugh, remembering what he's referring to. "That red set was my favourite, and the cleaners probably threw it in the trash after we left."

Simon shrugs. "It's not like you'd have been able to wear it again and I bought you a new one."

"Which you proceeded to rip a few weeks later."

Simon laughs. "Too much to do and not enough time."

My fingers subconsciously graze Simons, the jolt of electricity I used to always feel when we touched surprises me. Simon has changed a lot since the last time we were here, he was always muscular guy but his time in the army filled him out even more. He has more of a rugged look now, that would have any girl drooling.

"That was definitely the motto for our time together."

Simon steps in front of me, putting us at a halt in the middle of the lobby. His fingers pick up a piece of hair, gently tugging it. "St-"

"Surprise!"

I wince as Simons hand snaps from my hair and he steps back. When I glance in the direction of the voices Olivia looks ecstatic, accompanied by her parents and mine.

"Don't look too happy to see your parents after three years darling." My mom laughs at her own joke.

Simons mom, Brenda, runs towards her son, her arms immediately going around him and I can't help but smile at the loving embrace between mother and son.

When she steps back her eyes are watery, but she still manages to swat his chest.

"What was that for?" He asks, a bright smile on his face.

"For coming home and not telling us, we were worried sick." She turns her attention towards me. "I hope he wasn't too much trouble."

I shrug, a grin on my face. "He's been worse."

Simon scoffs. "Can we not act like I'm the baby around here, I'm two months older than Isabella."

"You wouldn't think it." Mark, Liv and Simons dad adds, earning him a chorus of laughter.

My dads the next to speak. He clears his throat, reaching his hand out towards Simon. "Good to see you again Simon, glad to see the army's been good to you."

Simons nods. "Thank you."

"So, what about everyone freshens up before lunch?" Olivia suggests.

"Sounds perfect." Mom grins.

"Isabella, wanna come check the booking with me?"

I nod at Olivias questions, saying a brief goodbye to everyone else as we walk towards the restaurant.

"I didn't realise your parents were going to come, that was as much as a surprise for me as you." Olivia explains as soon as we're out of ear reach of everyone else.

"It's good." I smile. "They can be a bit pushy but I know they mean well. Plus I'm glad your parents finally get to see Simon, it's been too long."

When I say my parents are pushy, that would be an understatement. Dads a hotshot lawyer in New York while mom spends her time doing charity work. They always wanted me to follow in dads footsteps but it was never for me.

"Mom jumped at the opportunity, when she found out we'd be here. She said it would be this or she was flying to Evergreen."

I laugh. "That sounds exactly like Brenda."

Olivia nods. "I'm just surprised she didn't threaten it sooner."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"So sweetie, what possessed you to come home and not tell anyone?" Brenda directs her comment towards Simon.

"Just needed some time." Simon shrugs, taking a bite from his BLT.

"So how's the nursing going, darling?" Dad asks.

"Good, it's hard work but I enjoy it."

"I can't believe my daughter became a nurse." Mom starts, a smile on her face that I can see through. We've danced this dance many times before. It was one of the many family dramas I bickered about to Simon when we were sneaking around. "I mean with all the funding we offered, I thought she'd use her brains for something more, not live up to the standard of the colour of her hair."

That's my mom.

Simons hand, which lands on my thigh under the table, soothes my agitation. "Nursing isn't an easy job mom, it takes skill and knowledge."

"Even so, what will your father do with the family business?"

Simon gives my thigh a small squeeze before returning back to the top of the table. "So how long are you guys here for?"

"We're leaving the same day as you guys. I need to cram in as much mother, son time as possible."

"If I'd known this was all I had to do to become your favourite, I would've done it a long time ago." Simon jokes.

"I'm still her favourite." Olivia butts in.

"I don't have favourites." Brenda gives Olivia and Simon warning looks.

We eat the rest of the meal in peace, casual conversation coming from all ends of the table.

Dad clears his throat, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "So Theo, you're originally from England?"

Theo nods. "Born and raised."

"You've got a good job?"

"Yes, sir." Theo grins, turning his attention to Olivia. "Only the best."

"If only my daughter would find herself a man with a good job."

Internally, I'm laughing at the fact my father is talking about me finding myself a man, when the guy I at one stage I thought I'd end up with, is sitting beside me and neither of our parents know.

I'd love to see my parents faces then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 9.9K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...
265K 11.2K 30
Isabella Bennett has had the biggest crush on her friend Ty Harrison for as long as she can remember. To her, Ty is everything a girl can dream of...
20.7K 1.4K 40
Bentley befriends a homeless man, starting a romance she didn't know was possible, but he's tied to her in ways they never saw coming. ...
131 10 18
So 'Partners in Crime' is about a boy in love who loves this girl who happens to become his partner because she does the same things as him. They bot...