Fake love ✔

Von laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... Mehr

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XLIII

3K 71 23
Von laix_x

Chapter forty three

•Morgan•

"Babe", Romeo stands on the opposite side of the kitchen counter, looking at me seriously. "Are you sure you're okay with a bunch of 20-odd year old men—whom most of which you don't know—coming over tonight? Because I will happily tell them to get lost", I give him a pointed look. "Or I'll just politely tell them to take the party elsewhere", he got home from work not even 20 minutes ago and he's already begging me to tell him his friends can't come over. To his house, might I add.

"You'll have fun", I assure him.

He sighs, dramatically. "Fine".

"Good. Now go get dressed", he trudges off to our room while I finish cleaning the kitchen. I told Will to take the day off today as the boys are most likely going to order food.

I got back from my parents house an hour ago, which left me cleaning for an hour until Romeo got back. Now I've finished, I go to join him in our room, just to see him laying on his face on the bed. "If you really don't want them here, you can just tell them to go somewhere else, you know. You don't need my approval", I tell him.

"No", he groans. "I'll let them come", he rolls over onto his back, holding his arms out for me. I crawl onto the bed, straddling him as he pulls me down to press his lips to mine. Before it can go any further, the doorbell rings. "Maybe if we ignore them, they'll go away", he mumbles, just as the door opens and closes.

"Put your clothes on and get down here!" Max yells. Romeo makes the sound of a dying cat being swallowed by a dying sea lion. I roll off of him, pushing him off the bed.

"Go", I gesture for him to leave, but he just turns to stare at me blankly.

"You're coming with me", he tells me.

"No, they're your friends, I don't know them".

"I don't care", he walks over to me, throwing me over his shoulder and taking me downstairs.

"Let me go", I laugh continuously, hitting his back. He takes me into the kitchen and puts me down.

"Look who decided to show up", Max jokes, taking a bunch of beers out of the fridge while also putting in some more. Three other guys stand around, looking over at me in shock.

"Um, hi", I wave, awkwardly.

"Hey, I'm Danny", one of them says. He has short, blonde hair, and is quite tall.

"I'm Xavier", the guy in the middle says, aka the birthday boy. He's quite skinny but still has muscles, and has short, brown, curly hair, much like Romeo's but shorter.

"I'm Elliott", the last guy says. He's got thin, black curtains covering his eyes; he moves it out of his face as he says hello, but it doesn't do much as it falls straight back down again.

"And I'm Max", Max cuts in.

"She knows who you are, dipshit", Romeo rudely says to him.

"I know but I felt left out", he turns back to the fridge.

"Anyway, this is Morgan", Romeo introduces me. "She's quite antisocial so I'd avoid all communication with her".

"He's lying", I blurt out, smiling at the three boys. "It's nice to meet you, but I'll be going now", I try to turn away but he keeps me in place, leaning his head on my shoulder. "Or not".

Max then turns around, looking between us and the three boys. "He's very clingy, if you couldn't already tell", the boys chuckle. "Now, grab a drink and let's take this party to the living room", we all follow him, Romeo taking my hand in his along the way.

"Where's Josh?" I ask as I'm pulled down beside Romeo on the couch.

"His plane took a detour and he ended up in Portugal", Max answers.

"So Morgan, where are you from?" Elliott asks me.

"Half Spanish, half American", I tell them. "What about you guys?"

"Half Japanese, half Welsh", Elliott answers first.

Then Xavier, "I'm Spanish, as well".

"No way, do you speak Spanish?"

"Yeah", he nods. "Me mudé a América cuando tenía tres años".

"What did he say?" Max whispers loudly.

"He said he moved to America when he was three", I say in the same tone. "I was born in Spain, then I was brought back to America and I was adopted into a Spanish family, or so I'm told. I'm not exactly sure so I just tell people I'm half Spanish".

We fall into small talk after Danny tells us that's he's only American, and that he feels left out. "You want some?" Romeo tilts his beer bottle toward me.

"No thanks", I decline. "I've never seen you drunk before", I realise.

"He acts like a baby when he's drunk", Xavier chuckles.

"I do not".

"You're right, it's not only when you're drunk", Elliot adds, making everyone laugh, except for Romeo. He gets over it less than a minute later, and goes back to talking about whatever it is they're talking about.

Max makes his way over to sit on the other side of me on the couch. "You alright, there?"

"Have you seen Ava lately?"

"Yeah, I saw her yesterday, why?"

"Did she say anything about me?" He takes another swig of his beer.

"She said you're really sweet and things seem to be going good between you guys", he nods, slowly. "Why, is something wrong?"

"No, it's just that she hasn't replied to me since last night and I'm worried".

"Max, I'm sure she's fine. She's probably just busy", I assure him.

"Yeah, of course. Thanks", he visibly relaxes.

"No problem", I smile at him before turning to the TV, which has now been turned on.

✯✯✯✯

A few hours and a bunch of random conversations later, everyone decides to go to sleep. I offered for them to stay the night, much to Romeo's dismay. Max and Elliott are passed out on the couches, and Danny and Xavier have already made it up to the guest rooms. "Come on", I pull Romeo up off of the couch. A very drunk Romeo. "Let's go to bed".

"Woah woah", he pushes me off him, stumbling back. "Excuse me, sir", he points a finger at me. "I—", he points to himself. "have a gir—irlfriend", he trips into my arms as I lead him to the stairs.

"Yes, babe, I am your girlfriend".

"Are you sure?" His voice goes up an octave and he squints his eyes at me.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now can we go to bed?"

"Oh", he pauses. "In that case, I love you".

"I love you too, but I'd love you a whole lot more if you'd just come upstairs with me, or am I going to have to leave your ass down here?"

"No", he whines, following me upstairs. Xavier wasn't wrong when he said Romeo acts like a baby when drunk.

When we finally make it up to our room, I push him into the bathroom. "Take a shower and brush your teeth", he stumbles as soon as I let go. "Alright, come on", I lean him on the counter, pulling his shirt off. I grab his toothbrush, putting toothpaste on it and handing it to him. He places it in his mouth and begins to brush his teeth as I pull off his jeans, and go to the closet to grab some sweatpants. "Lift your leg up", I crouch down, pulling his sweatpants on for him. Once I'm done, he turns around to finish brushing his teeth and I help him into bed. I take my time getting ready before crawling in beside him, hoping he's fallen asleep; as I lay down, he starts to hum a random tune.

"Hey, babe?" He whispers, a little while after. "Can you sing for me?"

"You want me to sing for you?" I repeat. I feel him nod against my shoulder.

"Yes, please", he mumbles.

"What do you want me to sing?"

"Uhmm, can you sing that song about a buttercup".

"Okay", I chuckle at the random song suggestion.

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby
Just to let me down and mess me around
And then worst of all you never call, baby
When you say you will, but I love you still
I need you more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up buttercup, don't break my heart.

"You're my favourite", he whispers as he's falling asleep.

"Goodnight", I speak with the same tone however, by the time I say that, he's lightly snoring into the pillow. I shift slightly, moving on to my side as I feel Romeo's arm instinctively wrap around me as I move his hair out of his face. "I love you", I kiss his cheek before falling asleep too.

this is a very short chapter so I'm sorry

uan:
lowkey like this chapter, but it's quite short. :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

147K 5K 48
Update started 9/9/23KD. Vincenzo Rossi is the most feared Mafia Lord ever to walk the planet, but he's also the King of Alphas in the supernatural w...
864K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...
1.4M 37.9K 71
"Pl-please I am sorry" "I loved you more than anything, I would've given my life for you without question...but what you did to me was worse than de...