Tall, Dark and Arrogant

By Crazy_author231

*** Indigo-Rose Valentina: a seventeen-year-old vampire Princess admired by all. Life is good. That is, until... More

[NOTE -- EDITED VERSION]
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 -Bring on the Ball
Chapter 2 - The not so charming Prince
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Surprise
Chapter 4 - Unexpected Saviour
Chapter 5 - The Debt
Chapter 6 - Feeling Blue
Chapter 7 - Lusty Encounter
Chapter 8 - The Confession
Chapter 9 - Heartbroken
ATTNETION: PRIZE!
Chapter 10 - In Comes Romeo
Chapter 11 - Small Breakthrough
Chapter 12- Getting to Know Him
Chapter 13 - The Realisation
Chapter 15 - A... Charming Prince?
Chapter 16 - It All Gets Ruined
Chapter 17 - New Possibilities
Chapter 18 - Confrontation
Chapter 19 - On The Run
Chapter 20 - Old Habits Die Hard
PRIZE WINNER
Chapter 21- Feeling Sorrow
Chapter 22 - No Escape
Chapter 23 - The Beginning of a Mess
Chapter 24 - Life-Changing Event
Chapter 25 - Small Progress
Chapter 26 - It All Changes
Chapter 27 - Gain Or Loss
[NOT AN UPDATE]
Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 1]
Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 2]
Chapter 29 - Unhappy Reunion
Chapter 30 - The Truth
Chapter 31 - The Big Day
Chapter 32 - End Times
Chapter 33 - The Birth
[Poem]
Chapter 34 [Part 1] - Goodbye
Chapter 34 [2] - Against All Odds
RECONSTRUCTION
External Link
ANSWER TIME
PRIVATE CHAPTER

Chapter 14 - The Announcement

1.6K 81 22
By Crazy_author231

Enjoy! :3

Chapter 14 - The Announcement

So many thoughts were going through my head as I fought the temptation to turn around and kiss the living daylights out of the vampire pressed behind me.

Adrian's touch was the leaving a trail of heat along my skin and it was so intense that I felt like I was burning from the inside out.

After several more moment l coup couldn't stand it and shakily pulled away before I could  seriously do something I'd regret.

'Enough.' I put my hand out for emphasis and even took several steps back into his room.

I needed the distance. 

He was staring at me with a hungry fire in his eyes as I ungracefully staggered away from him and it was making me tight below the stomach. I almost trembled.

Almost.

You know when something happens to you, something so unexpected; so sudden; yet it's also one of the best things that could've possibly have happened to you?

Yeah well, you know how most people react to something like that? They become happy or extremely grateful or even jump for joy...?

Well I did something unexpected.

I got angry.

My body was trembling as I stared first at the floor than back into Adrian's pretty face and this time it most certainly was not because of lust or anything like it.

Giving him the bitchiest glare I could possibly ever muster, I straightened my spine and said, 'Who the hell do you think you are?'

See what I mean?

I'd just found someone who could potentially mean a lot more to me than Carlos ever could and yet I was yelling at him; demanding him to tell me why he'd even walked into my life.

Yep, I'm just great like that. I call it "information overload-itus." A rare disease that makes sane people behave stupidly.

I was high on it at the moment.

'Well?' I wasn't really angry at him, but my emotions were overloaded. I'd had too much to drink at the dining table; I'd been pining for a guy vampire all day that I would never have, and now I was being told that I was potentially Destined to someone else which is a big deal for any vampire.

They were rare, damnit.

Plus I was drunk. Wait, did I already say that?

Adrian was watching me with a look of exasperation and amusement as he tried to read my facial expression. When he spoke up I really did try to ignore the way  his voice was making me feel, but to no success.

'I've just told you we're Destined - information which I obtained from a very reliable source - and you're angry with me?'

'Yes!' No.

The night was getting a bit much; - must've been because I was saying stupid things.

As if on cue, the world started to tilt a bit more violently and I struggled to keep my balance. 'Don't touch me!' I yelled desperately as he took a step forward to try and help me.

Chuckling- yes, chuckling! He took a step back; his hands held up as if in surrender. 'I won't touch you.' He said.

Being a vampire, I growled at him (it was a reflex, I promise) and suddenly put a hand over my forehead to still the headache that was overcoming me.

It was at that point that I didn't feel angry or confused or anything else. I just felt tired. 'I'm going to bed.' I said. And before he could say anything else I left...

My dreams were filled with images of marriage between Adrian and I and of mini Adrian's and Indigo's running around a large castle, which was so horrifying to contemplate that I was actually sweating when I woke up the next morning.

Talk about a nightmare.

When I went downstairs for breakfast something had changed.

The atmosphere was more solemn and when my father asked me to follow everyone into the drawing room because he had something to talk to me about, just confirmed my suspicions.

Something was happening.

As we all crowded into the large room everyone was avoiding my eyes - including Carlos and Uncle Miguel, which was unusual. When I saw Adrian also enter the room followed by a tall, silver-haired vampire, my heart skipped a beat.

I swallowed loudly. 'Dad?'

He ignored me and instead nodded at the silver-haired vampire who was introduced to me as Adrian's father. He just radiated power. Geesh. My mood plummeted even further.

Greeting him swiftly, I quickly turned my attention back to my parents and asked them, 'What's going on?'

My father still looked uncomfortable as he cleared his throat. 'It appears that the Frazer's and I - your mother and I, have come to an arrangement.' Oh no. This couldn't be good.

'And?' It seemed I really was going to be married to Adrian and now all was left was to hear it being said out loud.

He carried on. 'In order to unite both families and bridge the, er, gap between us, it has been decided that you and Adrian Frazer will be married in no more than three months.'

My eyes practically watered at this point. Oh hell no. 'What?'

'You will be living with Adrian in a few days from now.' Brilliant.

I looked desperately between the trio - my parents and Miguel, hoping for some sort of sign that this wasn't happening. 'Are you sure?' I asked. I could've slapped myself at this point. Of course they were sure, but there was no harm in asking.

My mother took a small step forward. 'Honey, you'll be eighteen very soon and you are already of age.' She gestured towards Adrian. 'He is a good match for you, and we hear that you are, er...'

I gave a curt nod before she could continue. So he'd told them about us being Destined. It was so rare however, that I wasn't sure that they believed him, but it definitely seemed to have some sway with my father's decision.

As if reading my thoughts she gave me a weak smile. 'You'll be happy.' She told me.

I almost snorted. Everything happened in a blur after that as the official arrangements were made such as how my things would be transported and even rough dates for the wedding etc. which would no doubt be discussed further over the next few weeks.

When I was dismissed I refused to look at anyone. Yes, I may well have found someone who was my soulmate (well, stronger than) but that didn't mean I had to get married to him straight away against my will. Or that I was even happy about it - which I was not.

It wouldn't have killed us to date a while first.

The next few days also passed quickly. Before I knew it, my belongings were packed and Stacey and I were crying our eyes out the night before I was supposed to leave, as we sat huddled on my bed.

'I'm going to miss you.' She sniffed as she took a large gulp from the bottle of vodka, given to us courtesy of my brother.

Too upset for words, I just nodded and stared into the blazing fire.

She wiped a hand across her nose and gulped. 'And... You're even Destined to him!' She wailed. 'I'm so jealous!'

Good old Stacey.

Snatching the vodka from her hands I groaned. 'Trust me, there is nothing to be jealous about.' I slumped my head forward and then jolted slightly. 'Adrian and I are...' I waved my hands about, lost for words.

'We're nothing.' I pinched my two fingers together to emphasise my next point. 'We have this much romance! I don't even know him!'

Stacey squinted looking at the tiny gap between my fingers. 'That doesn't seem like a lot.'

I nodded earnestly. 'Exactly!'

Pouting, I let her snatch the bottle from my hands. 'It'll be rubbish - the next thing you know, I'll sneaking back into your room for company.' I nudged her on the shoulder to cheer her up. 'You'll see!'

She giggled.

The rest of the night was spent like that with the two of us sat slumped against each other as we drank away our (mostly my) sorrows.

When it was the morning Stacey quickly got up muttering curses about the bright sun as she dressed and went downstairs to eat, which left me time to mope on my own until it was time to get in the limo (yes, an actual limo) which Adrian had sent.

With my bags already packed and transported to wherever it was that I would be living, I silently climbed into the black limo, waving goodbye to all of my family and Stacey as it drove away.

The drive was a nice one, albeit long as we sped through many country lanes that wound their way through the countryside.

Beautiful sceneries passed by and I think I must've dozed off as three and a half hours later we'd already arrived.

Climbing out of the car, I helped with the remaining luggage which consisted of a few suitcases, and dragged them up the few steps which led to the front door of a beautiful mansion.

A young maid opened the door for us and nodded politely at me as she requested us to put the luggage down. Someone would arrive shortly to bring it up to my room.

At least I now had one less thing to dread - I would be damned if I were to share a room with the Frazer vampire. Hell to the no.

After the driver left, I followed the girl to my room which was on the second floor, and grinned when the door was opened.

It was magnificent.

Everything was either cream or white and a lovely four poster bed stood in the centre of the room with a large glass wall replacing the far wall across from where I stood.

There was a balcony which overlooked the drive, and on the wall across from the bed, there was an elegantly carved white-wood fire which had fresh logs all ready to burn.

The carpet was cream and the walls were white too, and the bedside tables matched the cream bed sheets perfectly.

There was a door wedged in between the bed and the glass wall to which I assumed would be my walk-in closet, and a double door also stood on the same wall as the fireplace of which I assumed would be my en-suite (the room had the same layout as my old room).

Shutting the door behind her, the maid left me in peace to gawp and explore the mini bookshelf that was placed near my bed.

I was glad to see that a few classics were there including 'Wuthering Heights,' which I was pleased about.

Just then there was a soft knock on the door.

'Come in.'

Adrian stepped in wearing a v-neck jumper with his sleeves rolled up and some ripped jeans. His hair was tousled and his eyes were shining brightly as he took me in standing amidst one of his guest rooms.

'I see you're settling in OK.' The triumphant smirk that was plastered to his face pissed me off immediately.

It seemed he wasn't even a little bit remorseful for dragging me away from my family.

Would it have been so rude for me to have slapped him right then and there?

'Yeah I am.' I snapped. 'What do you want?' Seeing as I was his guest, it was kind of obvious that he was here to welcome me, but I wanted him to leave so what I meant was instead: "what are you still doing here?"

Annoyingly he seemed to understand what I'd implied and took his time to answer. 'Well... I wanted to see of you needed anything.' He grinned.

'I'm fine.'

He was about to say something else as he stepped into my room, but as he did so there was a sudden sexual tension in the air and I felt a strong urge to jump him right then and there. Quickly, I took a step back.

He must've felt it too because before I knew it he'd stepped out of my room.

'What the... What the hell was that?' I managed, successfully looking at anywhere other than his face.

He sounded gruff when he spoke. 'The bond between us.' He said. 'It's increasing now that you're under my roof so we'll be prone to get things like that occasionally.'

Oh no.

'Prone to get what exactly?' Now I did meet his eyes, which were narrowed slightly (mine of course).

He looked uncomfortable before shrugging. 'An urge to get a bit... Closer.' At that last bit he grinned again.

It was cute, but he so did not just say that.

'Well if you think that by moving me here, a damned floor away from you, is going to get me to sleep with you before the three months are up then you can think again, bitch.'

I could've let him open his mouth to speak; I could've even politely carried on the conversation with him for a little longer - he was my husband to be after all. Hell, I could've even slept with him then and there if I was feeling somewhat impulsive and careless... And degrading.

The key word in all that was could've.

The fact is, I did none of those things because instead, using my wonderful, wonderful vampire reflexes, I pelted forward and slammed the door in my host's face before he could say a damn word.

How charming of me. Yes, I know.

To be honest, I didn't really care. But I knew that I needed to find a new way to shun the man-whore because no doubt even he was getting bored of my slamming-things-in-his-face tactics.

God knows, I was.

I just love how Indigo reacts to things sometimes. XD
Anyway, the deadline for the prize is almost up! Woop! Please support this book in any way you can.

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW... Please :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 51 8
A dark romance, vividly grotesque, morally questionable, fate-defying, vampirically induced tale of happily ever after. With a little bit of dark hum...
736K 17.5K 27
Alana was once a normal 19 year old girl trying to make her way through a hard and lonley life when shes ripped from what she knew and shoved into a...
56.1K 4.8K 45
THE AMBY AWARDS 2022 WINNER (Best Series) Book One (Book Three of the trilogy is on the WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST) Wattpad featured story. The Adept Pen...
932K 24.7K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...