The Call To The Old - An Edmu...

By Daisyjoanne

[Completed] With her birth the fulfilment of a thousand year-old prophecy was bound to be brought to life. Th... More

Prologue
Characters
Playlist
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
SEQUEL

Chapter twelve

2.4K 56 0
By Daisyjoanne

It turned nightfall, and the friends put down their equipment to prepare for another night. Once again, Trumpkin lit the most beautiful fire, and they stared into it until they all drew too sleepy to stare any longer.

It was the boys who fell asleep first, and Talia listened to Edmund's soft breathing from beside her, and Peter's gentle snores from across the fire. She also listened to the sisters who began to whisper under the moonlight,

"Lucy? Are you awake?" Susan questioned.

"Hmm." she responded, sleepily.

"Why do you think I didn't see Aslan?" the older girl asked, a sad tone to her voice.

"You believe me?"

"Well, we got across the gorge."

"I don't know. Maybe you didn't really want to, or maybe he didn't want you to just yet." she said repeating Talia's earlier words.

"You always knew we'd be coming back here, didn't you?"

"I hoped so." Lucy smiled.

"I finally just got used to the idea of being in England." Susan sighed.

"I'm glad you're here." Talia spoke, sitting upright, "Aren't you?" she walked over joining the other girls, sitting beside them, legs crossed.

"Right," Lucy agreed, "You're happy to be here, aren't you?"

"While it lasts." Susan said, staring up at the sky.

Talia and Lucy looked at each other sadly, and then both rolled over to fall asleep.

It wasn't long before the night turned to day, and the sun began to rise. Lucy was the first to wake, after hearing sounds of soft growling from the trees. It wasn't long before Talia heard the noise too and sat upright.

"Did you hear that?" Lucy questioned.

Talia grabbed her sword, "let's find out what it is. Stay near me." she ordered, and both the girls got up, in hopes of finding the source of the growls. They quietly ran through the trees, in the golden sunlight, smiles of curiosity plastered over their faces. Petals of blossom appeared to dance around them, and this only caused the girls to smile harder. The blossoms turned into a face, a lady almost, and it laughed, she laughed- the magic of Narnia was returning. The girls followed the dancing, and laughing blossom petal lady, and she pointed behind them.

They quickly turned to see the trees moving to form a pathway for them, and the soft growling continued. The girls heard faint whispers calling their names forward, and of course they followed. The followed to a parting in the forest, where they were met with the most gorgeous animal either had ever laid eyes on.

Lucy smiled in recognition, "Aslan!" she exclaimed in wonder, rushing towards the Lion. But Talia held back, not wanting to impose on the meeting of two long lost friends. She watched with a smile, as Lucy ran up to the Lion, engulfing him in a gentle hug, "I've missed you so much!"

The lion let out a soft laugh, in response.

"You've grown!" the young girl spoke.

"Every year you grow, so shall I." he replied, with power and strength written into his words. He turned to the watching, older girl, "Talia, come forth. I have been waiting to meet you."

Talia's eyes grew wide, and she too walked over to the Lion, bowing before him.

"Oh, oh no need." he softly spoke, "You are just as Royal as I, and as Lucy here."

Talia furrowed her brows in confusion, "Whatever do you mean?"

"You have much to learn about yourself and your family Talia." he declared before turning back to Lucy.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you come to help us?" Lucy asked, jolting forward.

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one." he responded.

A cracking sound was heard from the distance, and both girl's jolted upright from their sleep. They turned to each other, "I just had the strangest dream." Talia announced to Lucy, "it felt so realistic..." she trailed off.

"Me too. Aslan-"

The cracking sound was heard again.

The girls turned to Susan, "Susan! Wake up!" Talia whispered.

"Huh?" the sleepy girl responded, "Certainly, whatever you like." she mumbled in her sleep, still dreaming.

Another twig sounded in the distance, and Lucy got up to follow it.

"Lucy? Where are you going?" Talia asked, as the younger girl began to walk off towards the sound. "Lucy!" she called, turning back to wake Edmund, or any one of the other siblings. But she realised she wouldn't have time, she needed to catch up with Lucy, alone. "Lucy! Wait up!" and the girl caught up to the younger.

"Did you see him too? Aslan?" Lucy asked Talia, excitedly, who nodded in response. "You don't suppose this sound is him, do you?"

"I don't know Lucy; it could be anything." she responded. The girls looked around the forest, it certainly didn't feel as magic as it did in their dream.

Lucy walked over to a tree, that looked sad in the sunlight, "wake up." she whispered, but to no avail. The girl's continued walking onwards, until they heard more growling sounds, "Aslan?" Lucy exclaimed, but Peter, who had been closely following them from behind, dragged both girls to the floor, to hide behind a bush. The three watched as an evil looking minitour patrolled the forest. Peter put his finger to his mouth, suggesting both girls be quiet, while he drew his sword walking towards the beast.

Talia stared on in shock, she had never seen a minitour before. She decided, that as much as Peter annoyed her, he couldn't go on alone, and she too unsheathed her sword, she was about to follow him, when Lucy pulled her back, "Stay here." she asked, fearfully, and the older girl complied.

Suddenly, a figure jumped out from behind the trees. He slammed his sword onto Peter's and the pair began to fight. Talia squinted to see who Peter's attacker was, and when she realised she smiled. She knew the pair were evenly matched, neither would seriously hurt each other so she let them fight. Then something marvelous happened, Peter had managed to disarm his attacker and now held the winning position.

"Shit." Talia mumbled. Just as Peter was about to slam a rock onto his opponent's head, Talia stood up, about to scream for the boys to stop.

But someone got there before her, "No, stop!" Lucy cried, noticing that the forest was now full of Narnians that had come to Peter's attacker's rescue.

"Caspian!" Talia finally called out, running into her friend's arms, who received her tightly.

"Talia! I've missed you!" Caspian responded, holding onto the girl firmly.

Caspian held out his sword to Peter, but Talia pulled him arm down, "He is a friend." she declared.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter questioned.

"Yes? And who are you?" Caspian asked, confused.

Talia smiled, "Caspian, he's-"

"Peter!" Susan exclaimed, running over, with Edmund and Trumpkin behind her. Edmund froze with worry at the sight of Talia in the stranger's arms.

Caspian was clever, and he realised just as Talia did who the siblings were once, they had assembled. Talia looked up at him, "Your horn. It worked."

"High King Peter." Caspian proclaimed, with wonder in his eyes.

"I believe you called." Peter smiled.

"Well, yes, but... I thought you'd be older." Caspian spoke, earning a shove from Talia.

"If you like, we can come back in a few years-"

"No. No that's all right. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected."

"That's what I thought!" Talia laughed, looking up at her friend.

"Neither are you." Edmund joked back, taking in the sight of all the Narnians, even the ones whose species he once fought against during the battle against the White Witch.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter spoke, turning towards Nikabrik.

"Trufflehunter! Nikabrik!" Talia called, running over to sit by her old friends.

"Does she just know everyone?" Edmund mumbled, with a fond smile.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege." A small mouse stepped forward to state, he wasn't any regular mouse, he was dressed properly, like a soldier, with a sword and everything, and Talia watched on in awe. "Our hearts and swords are at your service." The mouse said with a bow.

Lucy leaned to her sister, "Oh my gosh, he is so cute." she whispered.

"Who said that?" the mouse shouted.

"Sorry." Lucy apologised.

"Oh. Uh, your Majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe 'courageous,' 'courteous' or 'chivalrous' might more befit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you know how to handle a blade." Peter spoke to the mouse, having a dig at Caspian. Talia noticed the tension between the boys.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire." the small animal replied.

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get." Peter replied, turning back to face Caspian.

"Well, then you will probably be wanting yours back." Caspian stated, handing over Peter's sword.

Peter walked off, and Caspian followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 119 18
The princess of Narnia ruled for hundreds of years alongside Aslan, her protector. The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve finally arrive. What took t...
693 19 14
Life in Narnia has seemed hopeless to all inhabitants of Narnia. One day, a young girl enters through a wardrobe, unknowingly changing the magical l...
1.9K 52 16
Three years later in Narnia, one year in Our World, the youngest Pevensies, along with their cousin, are called to the land two so dearly adore. But...
777 16 18
COMPLETE Cally Worthington sailed the seas. A name uttered in fear or rage, depending on who was asked. Secretly, Caspian always hoped to run into t...