No More Innocence

By crazypoodle

Two years. Two worlds apart. Second the chance. He wasn't returning to just play, this time around he was the... More

•••
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY

THIRTEEN

1.4K 229 77
By crazypoodle

Have I thought of what I'd say when I get to see him?

No.

Had I envisioned a sober reaction from him when he meets me?

Yes.

But what happened in conceptualization was actively different than what I had in mind. Mr. Yu had apparently been haunting the corridor of his apartment section , frustrated to the point that when the door to elevator had slide open- he visibly heaved a sigh as he saw us.

His shoulder squared, in his skipped stride he ran swiftly and simply stopped when he noticed how decent I appeared. Smiling sheepishly I shrugged, shifting a knocked out Eva's poster to comfort. With hair curtaining my sides and hood hideous upon my head- It yet extracted an unbelievable response within him.

It seemed as if he was speechless. Tongue tied to the zenith where he ran a hand through his hardening face in disbelief. His lips parted and clamped a couple of times before he gritted his teeth and got closer- I retreated one in reflex.

A low groan of anger escaped him as he glared at me- a nakedly displeased stare of authority. The pain within me felt like an ice to the scorching power of his. He might damage more with his vengeful presence than what the man did with his kicks and hits.

But what was he so angry at me about?

"Who?"

"What?"

He fisted his hands by sides and closed his eyes inhaling, i ran my gaze through his unkept hair, dishevelled yet on sleek as it remained styled and pushed back from his forehead. The two top buttons of his cyan blue dress shirt undone and the fabric in whole wrinkled with the sleeves rolled up and flattened by his fore arms.

Which ignites my mind with a prying wonder.

What was he even doing to appear such symbolistic representation of a hot mess?

"I was so fucking worried sick about you and you wouldn't answer me straightly" he hissed grabbing my arm to make me walk- when I winced he went stiff,

"It's not mere your face" he stated, freeing me from his touch in an electrifying speed. Then he paused to spare a glimpse at Eva. A gaze, even though calculated, it told me that it was the very first wise he noticed her since we arrived. He took her from me, held her as if she weighed equivalent to a feather duster.

When we got to his living room he straightforwardly passed through to a room on right- when he came back, Eva was not with him. She finally got the peaceful environment to complete her sleep- good for her.

But for me, when Mr. Yu came and stood in front of me- his glasses doing no fine job of softening his spearing gaze, I cleared my throat as a helping starter for the night.

"I guess- I'll take the couch" I offered, rubbing my palms to wipe away the tension in air. I decided to move when there wasn't a reply or acceptance. But his arm rose, barricading me from making further movements. He then turned me around and flicked the hood off me in one simultaneous action. Cupping jaw with gentle touch he made me look at him while he inspected.

His brows pinched and lips puckered.

"I ask just one more time Althea. Who was it?"

Gaping I grabbed his wrist so that I could relieve the sensations his caress filled me with. But his patience took another jab when he engulfed me until he had my waist secured, our bodies flushed as his free hand held the back of my neck.

Surprise was when none of his restrain failed to cause even a pint of discomfort to my body or soul. Suddenly I wasn't as tender as before.

But it did ached when I breathed- my ribs did. And Mr. Yu wasn't respirating for me so he wasn't the one to blame.

"I-I don't know who it was. I had to save the kid. That was my priority" meeting his eyes with enough courage I plant my hand on his collarbone to separate us. The proximity was getting to my head and I was not even drunk this time to hurdle the sins on.

He does the work for me, steps aside then flips a card which edgily appeared as if of a school ID. He adjusts his lenses, then slowly reads out aloud.

"Eva Trembley. Six years old. Student of Rosedale public junior school. Lives at-

"Why dig so deep onto something that generally shouldn't even concern you?" I snapped. He went lag for the second then an utterly strange yet tired smile ascended those lips. He scratched the end of his right brow with his index, all while the ID was tucked between his ring and pinky.

"You see Althea-

"Wasn't it Miss Davies for you and Mr. Yu for me?" I cut him, he chuckled. Absent of honest amusement- it was hollow. He looked and sounded so- so different tonight and I, I was stagnant to the belief of what to expect of him next.

"Since you are being so stubborn here, I don't see a reason to why we should torment ourselves with petty formals" my tongue numbed at his remark and he wasn't done with that- "You can call me U. The U like an alphabet. It's what I want to hear from you. And I will address you as Althea because that's how I like it. Your name on my lips"

The ticks from the clock somewhere surreptitious kept the tense atmosphere ajar. I inhaled an intake of contemplative breath and-

"That's Unprofessional"

He had the audacity to smirk at that.

"If had i been professional Althea-

Damn my name from his voice.

-I wouldn't have been where I am today"

With that he walked, left only to move around and reach a carton. He crouched down with one knee to the ground as he shuffled through the content inside. It's when I sprang into a strong sense of presence of mine in his house. Trying to forget what he said I scanned the area.

Two words summed the domicile in one.

Unpacked cartons.

The corners and counters brimmed with those brown entities untouched. Then when I saw that he took a maroon checkered shirt from one of them he was ducked on, I knew why.

Two weeks into city- he yet hadn't settled in.

"Wear this. Your top is stained and soaked" he didn't bothered, obvious as he checked me out with a brow raised. He then smirked softly at nothing in particular- almost as if he was smiling at a memory that the situation reminded.

"I won't look" he squinted his gaze turning and walking to the kitchen. I watched him, with his back to me- he worked on a sandwich. He was halfway done and I still stood sculptured. He must have grasped my unhealthy stare as he cleared his throat- a mischievous spark in his tone "Need help Althea?"

"Nope" I blurted, immediately stripping from the top. Realizing how cold and frozen I was with no reference to how long had I been out on street. Discarding only the top and jacket I let the jeans be, finally I buttoned up his triple the size large polo. It fell till my knees were hidden beneath- the collars brittle by neck and sleeves- a pooling fabric by wrist and knuckles.

I sniffed to gain his attention which did its job, he angled- resting his back by the island with a knife in clutch. He gestured at the opposite solo counter with the utensil- his eyes darkening at rapid phase as he gave me a once over. His breathing a little staggered- since I could see the minute details, I know I affected him.

And that should be the least of my concerns.

But resolutely it occupied the greatest of my fears. Cause it wasn't just him who was having a hard time with respiratory and cardiac functioning.

"Get on the counter" huskier. He sure was getting troubled by how deep his voice had gotten. He pulled out an aid kit from shelf and without questions I sat on the counter waiting to be tended. He came- holding a disinfectant and gauze. When he neared, he carefully placed a hand on my thigh- then distanced my right leg from another, making a space for him to stand in between.

The rolled up lips of his and the lightness of his eyes in sudden arose a possible lewd thoughts endorsing in his brain. Silently he aided me- never once I flinch at the alcoholic burns of prophylactic dabs. I wanted to appear strong in front of him. But when he asked me to lift the shirt- I denied in blink.

"I can do it myself"

"You can? I wouldn't have Know" he mocks – not once looking low as he raised the hem up without warning. He had his gaze on me-  his eyes didn't waver from mine when I felt an ice pack soothe my ribs with a stray brush of his fingers upon my skin that only lasted a few seconds before he guided my hand to the pack.

"Hold it still and don't move much"

Obediently I nodded when he passed me the Nutella sandwich and bite sized chopped apples.

"Take it to room. Sleep with the girl- she needs you tonight" at that I did my best to not let my surprise show. He did cared about Eva –about humanity. He might be just the right dose of sacrificial embodiment that I believed I had lost until today. Until I acknowledged how much Eva's innocence melted me.

I nodded once more- extending my hand I wait-

"Her ID please"

He doesn't budge.

"It's stays with me for now"

A stare down.

"The cops won't help and my brother can't know"

"Who said anything about Cops? And your brother won't know"

A blanket of thick uncertainity fell on me. My stance acquired a sudden alertness as I watched him.

"What are you going to do?" hesitance- it's all my question was lace with.

"I hate it when someone hurts me- I am feeble to the fact that I can't forgive and forget" I wish his confession would humor me the way he seem to take his enigmatic proposals so lightly. So direly calm when I could see what a dense emotion his threat held.

"It's not you who is hurt" I weakly trace, he only shook his head in seriousness. Clicking his tongue icily, His gaze fixated on me- it pierced sinfully honest.

"Trust me Althea, I am the one wounded the most"

He spoke in maze.

And regardless of what I wanted- I was already playing his games. That night I laid in bed at an unnatural hour- wondering just how far I was ready to bear the rules of his, before I break through it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 4.4K 40
When he meets her, a girl with an (almost) unealthy obsession with cinnamon hearts, he knew it was meant to be. As for her, she didn't understand how...
1.7M 59.2K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
153K 3.3K 42
Re-upload || Mature Content || Things fall apart all the time, nothing like a lot of love and bonding couldn't fix though Sequel to The Bad Boy is a...
139K 2.6K 28
He was two-faced where she had one. He was toxic in his smile and she was poisonous in her words. His eyes burned with the flames of hell and hers...